Quote Originally Posted by Wolffan View Post
It is hard to believe that last year’s co-champ (HC) could graduate all that talent to the NFL and FBS, bring in zero transfers, and still be at the top of the PL. It may speak to the weakness of the PL this year.
They've battled to be there. It's hardly been a walk in the park. I will say that success/winning does have residual positive equity in terms of finding ways to remain relevant when there's been a drastic transition; relatively speaking. Lafayette has clearly taken a step back from what I and many others believe was going to be a Top 20, Top 15 team. Their regression really surprises me. Fordham is 0-8! Their struggles, given Conlin's history, is not entirely shocking but the extent of their demise is nearing historic levels. Colgate flat out stinks! Dakosty was never the answer despite our Colgate friends telling me to give him time. It was apparent from the start he was not maintaining the standard. Bucknell is better but not better enough to really elevate their or the league's perception. Both Lehigh and Georgetown have taken steps forward.

I will not back down from Lehigh's talent level relative to the rest of the league. They have dudes again, just like they did for the better part of 25 years under Higgins, Lembo and Coen. HC/Chesney greatly benefited from the Coen tragedy and Gilmore debacle along with Colgate going in the tank following Hunt getting canned. Lehigh will not flake away so long as Cahill continues to grow as a head coach. I expect Lehigh to battle HC, Lafayette and whoever else wants to elevate themselves for at least the near future for supremacy.

I don't see how Colgate and Fordham can retain their coaches. Moves their will help the league. Although, there's a bigger issue at Colgate which I will get into this week....