Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
What G5 Conference is going to offer Maine a chance to join? Most Mainiacs live in the Portland area or south and you have the same indirect competition as UNH - the full slate of Boston professional sports. I think that there's almost as many UNH fans in Southern Maine as there are U of M. Wildcat Stadium is much closer for them then Alfond. Maine has had some marquis players in recent years but most of them transfer at their earliest opportunity. So did your outstanding coaching staff immediately after the highly successful 2018 season. You really haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in a long time. Maine had a resurgence in Men's Hockey this past season but you already play in a premier Division 1 Hockey Conference. So I believe moving to G5, with or without the Dexter Shoe money, would be a big mistake, if it is even feasible. I feel exactly the same about UNH - very happy to see them stay FCS.
You’ll have to sell UNH to the MAC separately…notice that I didn’t have to tear down UNH to sell Maine. Good luck!