Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
I referenced Towson in general terms as they pertain to the FCS landscape. I think most would have guessed UNH and/or W&M as the other possibilities. Ironically, W&M lost in the semifinals to 'Nova in 2009.

UNH has had a very good program but they have yet to get over the hump like UMass, Delaware, JMU, 'Nova and Richmond did over the last 25 years or so. I definitely have respect for them as a program. With that said, they remind me a bit of the Northern Iowa of the Northeast. Granted, the Panthers do have a finals appearance.
We need to get back on the hump first, before we can get over it. I still don't see any team dominating the CAA in the near future. There's has been a lot of parity in conference the last few years and honestly, it's a lot more fun with JMU gone. At least half of the conference games, maybe more, are true toss ups. The only conference game UNH had last season that was not hard fought throughout was Stony Brook. I wish Richmond hadn't left and I hope Villanova stays, but either way, there will still be a lot of good football played in the CAA. You guys shouldn't wish Richmond too much success, you don't want to end up like 2016-2021 CAA, when JMU dominated. I believe JMU only lost 3 conference games out of about 44 in that stretch: One to Elon @JMU (and JMU stole their coach) and one each to UNH and Villanova on the road.