Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
A fun thread. Interesting viewpoints abound 路*♂️ Great news for the PL and not particularly damaging to the CAA. My takeaway from the UR is amazement at the lightening fast decisions by PL Presidents to finally abandon the asinine redshirting ban. It would appear that negotiations have been going on for a while. It is no coincidence that non medical redshirting will be allowed starting in '25 when UR joins the league.
Nor is the CAA a sinking ship Axmittedly it is more of a conglomeration of disparate programs than a conference. It will sort itself out over the next few years. Given the current landscape, I would be surprised if UR is the only assoc. football member to leave.
I could be wrong, but I think it's less about Richmond strong-arming the Patriot League into a more favorable redshirt policy than it is recognizing the role COVID 5th years played for Holy Cross and Fordham two years ago. And again for HC last year, despite our disappointing failure to make the postseason. Pretty sure the Patriot League powers that be enjoyed seeing our stars go toe-to-toe with BC and Army for 60 minutes.