Quote Originally Posted by NY Crusader 2010 View Post
I wonder how that goes down though. Given the sheer lack of numbers (2 schools!!), wouldn't WSU and OSU basically have to invite almost the entire Mountain West to fill out a conference? So, instead of there being a PAC 12 and a MWC, you would essentially have MWC re-branded as Pac 12 but with WSU and OSU being the 2 lead dogs at the table.
I think that what is likely going to end up happening is a full merger into the "Pacific-Mountain West Conference" with a later split into an east - west division (or more extreme, a full conference separation with new names). Which would then open the door for Big Sky and MVFC teams to look to move up if they were interested.

Eventually the end goal is for 16-team conference alliances to be established as a form of tier system at the FBS level

Big Ten-SEC
ACC-Big 12
Pac-Mountain
SunBelt-CUSA
AAC-MAC

And if the WAC-ASun hodgepodge pulls off their plan then they would be the lowest tier.

And FCS would remain for the schools that don't want to commit financially to their football programs (in comparison to FBS school) and the conference tiers would shake out based on on-the-field success and who the real penny pinchers are.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk