Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
That would be fine with me. How do you think things will shape up?
I don't make firm predictions this far out because too much can happen. Last minute transfers, injuries, ineligibles, there are all kinds of things that can happen between now and week one. I feel pretty confident the winner will be one of three teams: SLU, UIW, McNeese (not necessarily that order).

I do like our chances and I think this may be our deepest and most talented team yet, but we have to stay healthy. We've been plagued by injuries for four straight years so that trend isn't good. But we're loaded on both lines of scrimmage, have a quality QB coming back, a couple of solid ones coming in and good skill players around them. We have to replace some really good players but I'm confident we will and should upgrade at a couple of spots.

UIW lost a ton but they brought in a ton. Remains to be seen if they are reloading or rebuilding but they will be talented for sure.

McNeese should be much improved and give me similar vibes as our 2013 team, Ron Roberts second year. We got off to a bad start in 2012, finished strong, brought in some transfers and won the league in '13.

Nicholls has no choice but to be improved and expect they will, but not sure they did enough in the off-season to blow past everybody else. They'll always be a tough out for us regardless.

The rest of the league has too many unknowns.