Quote Originally Posted by I-AA Fan View Post
Good way to lose to other teams besides UNI. I guess the rest of the teams might as well capitulate, now that the two conference powers have been crowned. I seem to recall a very poor YSU team defeating NDSU with ease & losing to UNI by a missed XP.

Traditionally you will find YSU, WIU, and more recently SIU to have the strongest run games. You will find ILS and UNI to have the strongest pass games. You will find YSU and UNI have the strongest defenses, but WIU is traditionally equal or better. UNI and MSU will be the most balanced on offense, with MSU and ILS being the most balanced on defense. With MSU and ILS going to the spread, I think their defenses will suffer. With ISU also going to the spread, they will win conference games.

I disagree...to be the best you have to beat the best. UNI is by far the best team. To win the conference you have to beat them at their own game. The rest will fall into place. What we found out last year is our D-line and o-line's were not physical enough. We have addressed those problems and I don't expect we will see that again in the future.