AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

Re: CAA 2024 Megathread

"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    Outside of CAA fans, nobody on AGS has Flosports. The finest FCS fans in the world were totally in the dark about CAA teams because they don’t watch. That’s not gonna change either

However, ESPN + allowed FCS fans to watch teams outside the home conference

Why? It’s mainstream
    NAIL ON THE HEAD..I thought for sure when The CAA brought us in they would use our great and long relationship with ESPN to switch (not that they needed us per se but would not have hurt).. Can anyone quantify any monetary reason why CAA sticks with FLO? There is zero chance we make more $$ by doing so.. what is the reason again?

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
    My point and opinion is it’s insignificant. Nobody is setting their dials to watch either except fans of the teams. CUSA is playing weeknight football for one reason: revenue needed to help prop up their expenses. FLO at least allows CAA teams to add on other local media like SNY or Cox and they don’t dictate scheduling to the members.
    With gambling now legal pretty much everywhere and online- you would be shocked how many more eyes are on these random weeknight games.. For degenerates (and we have a nation full of em) it is the only thing to bet on and they watch...I am not saying it is moving the meter exponentially but it is.. However, you make great point about FLO allowing Linear- Monmouth has a deal with SNY and local NBC- so fair enough but at the end of the day an ESPN broadcast of FCS is literally like watching ANY major game sans the fans- FLO is like watching closed circuit of a HS game in 1993

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Talk about insignificant. How many “fans” are we talking about?

Aren’t NEC, PL, Big South and Pioneer games on ESPN+? If so, I’m not seeing how the CAA brand has really suffered in comparison, Certainly not enough for some CAA programs to also set up their own linear exposure with SNY, Cox, CBSSN and others.
    Do you remember Flo from Mel's Diner?

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    Do you remember Flo from Mel's Diner?

She looks like the CUSA Commissioner!

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

She looks like the CUSA Commissioner!
    Nah, Flo is better looking and probably brighter too!
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

First Class FCS Ruler

Did not want to start a new thread for this but for CAA teams, who are the guys less known about or even unknown about on your respective teams who you think could have breakout years? When I say breakout year I mean on a league or national level, not team level. So basically, a guy who has seen little time or some time but is unheralded to this point.

For Monmouth we have a bunch of candidates but at the top of the list is RB Sone Ntoh who was Shirden's backup. He is much bigger and not as quick but he does have high top level speed and constantly falls forward. He may not be the game breaker type but could be the guy that gets 15 -20 carries for 100-150 yards consistently. I cant see him not getting 1000-1200 yards on not a tons of carries. The reason I dont think he will get the 20-25 carries is b/c the other guy who is truly unknown who I think people wilearn about is Makhi Green. Green is smaller but the fastest guy o the team and a former HS track star. His HS highlight film is amazing and he will be entering his Junior year with 3 years of eligibility. He returns kicks and can play RB, or lineup in the slot. He could be used to replace Dymere Miller on the quirky end around type plays and is a huge game breaker if given the chance.

AGS FCS Champion

Two for W&M.

Soph. TE Sean McElwain. Emerged last year with 22 catches for 312 yds. and has added bulk to compliment strong receiving skills.

Rfr. CB TJ McGill. Outstanding playing first four games as a true freshman before season ending injury.
    Go Tribe!

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe4SF View Post
    Two for W&M.

Soph. TE Sean McElwain. Emerged last year with 22 catches for 312 yds. and has added bulk to compliment strong receiving skills.

Rfr. CB TJ McGill. Outstanding playing first four games as a true freshman before season ending injury.

got hurt at the perfect time! I say that tongue in cheek for obvious (save eligibility) reasons..

Happy days, good move by Athletic Dept.

Also appears end zone seating will return at Zable to the south end replacing the previous Tailgate Terrace, I.e., glorified beer tent.

https://tribeathletics.com/news/2024...s-in-2024.aspx