Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 45 minutes with John Troxell

Major FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Lafayette

Re: 45 minutes with John Troxell

Quote Originally Posted by Pards Rule View Post
    Biggest westernmost city in continguous US with a population more than 50K
    Oregon State? If so, odd pick up. I hope the $$$ is good!

My Team
    Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by IslandPard View Post
    Oregon State? If so, odd pick up. I hope the $$$ is good!
    I think Oregon State needs the money from us!! Well Pards Rule burst my bubble... it ain't Hawaii

Courtesy of UNHWildCats

"Win, but be careful not to win too much. It's not healthy for our institution." - Lafayette Athletics Mission Statement

"And [Bucknell] is a big game because?" - flyfisher

"Because it's what we have. You want bigger, buy a s#!t brown sweatshirt with Chicken Squawks on the front."
    - carney2

Damn Island Pard you beat me to it! I was just going to post another very substantial clue that I learned about on Monday...that the Lafayette Leopards have already played in the state this year! Yes I stumbled on the fact our baseball team went to Eugene to play Oregon Ducks (and lost 17-3). Yes we have approved it on our end vs OSU and await them. 600K. HOWEVER, as Leopard fan Bill Tucker (who I saw at reunion because his wife Barb Tucker is my class of 1984) correctly points out probably the game gets dumped if OSU joins a conference beside PAC 2...Corvallis, OR is the answer to my trivia question. Be great to be back in OR first time since 2003. I would have visited my very good Bobcat alum and fan Ron Holm who worked as the Oil Company National Accts Mgr for Hanna Car Wash Systems based in Portland as he lived out there in Canby but sadly he passed in 2018. He would have come to the game as we always spoke 1AA football on phone and in person when I was out there for distributor conferences. AND (as Warner Wolf would intone) Jim Dicker was at the reunion as his wife Mandy also my class. Jim is now Director of Development and Alumni Relations at Delaware. Good friend.

Coach Troxell very high on an Ocean City NJ Red Raider named Jon Moyer - 6'3" WR - who is coming to Easton. Reminds me of Mark Ross.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Coach Troxell very high on an Ocean City NJ Red Raider named Jon Moyer - 6'3" WR - who is coming to Easton. Reminds me of Mark Ross.
    With that size Phil Yarberough comes to mind!
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU Owl View Post
    With that size Phil Yarberough comes to mind!

True that

Major FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Lafayette

Damn Island Pard you beat me to it! I was just going to post another very substantial clue that I learned about on Monday...that the Lafayette Leopards have already played in the state this year! Yes I stumbled on the fact our baseball team went to Eugene to play Oregon Ducks (and lost 17-3). Yes we have approved it on our end vs OSU and await them. 600K. HOWEVER, as Leopard fan Bill Tucker (who I saw at reunion because his wife Barb Tucker is my class of 1984) correctly points out probably the game gets dumped if OSU joins a conference beside PAC 2...Corvallis, OR is the answer to my trivia question. Be great to be back in OR first time since 2003. I would have visited my very good Bobcat alum and fan Ron Holm who worked as the Oil Company National Accts Mgr for Hanna Car Wash Systems based in Portland as he lived out there in Canby but sadly he passed in 2018. He would have come to the game as we always spoke 1AA football on phone and in person when I was out there for distributor conferences. AND (as Warner Wolf would intone) Jim Dicker was at the reunion as his wife Mandy also my class. Jim is now Director of Development and Alumni Relations at Delaware. Good friend.
    The Google is strong with this one! A couple of rounds at Bandon would be a nice finish to a trip to Corvallis.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandPard View Post
    The Google is strong with this one! A couple of rounds at Bandon would be a nice finish to a trip to Corvallis.
    Sounds like a plan! Im going if it happens...Going to Buffalo and next year Bowling Green and hopefully OSU. I am committed to going to all the Div 1 games (we need to change venacular cause FBS is doing playoffs so Im going back to D1 and 1AA). Coach Troxell called me out of blue the other day. Where else but 1AA can you get that!!!???