Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: College Football Today.org Preseason FCS Top 25

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Re: College Football Today.org Preseason FCS Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Generally when you're playing road games in consecutive weeks in the playoffs you're playing good teams who were probably seeded higher than you. There's a reason why teams have gone something like 0 for their last 20 trying to win road playoff games in consecutive weeks and there's more to it than just travel.
    It didn't seem to phase YSU any.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    It didn't seem to phase YSU any.
    They actually didn't do it in 2016 either. They won a home playoff game Thanksgiving weekend, on the road @JSU in round 2, at home against Wofford in the quarters, and then @EWU in the semis.

The last team to do it was Sammy in 2014 I believe (@JSU in round 2 and @Nova in the quarters).

EDIT: It was actually Colgate in 2015 who won @UNH in round 1 and @JMU in round 2. And it's 0 for the last 16 (or 14 if you don't count the two teams that were trying to win road playoff games in consecutive weeks and lost on the same day as Colgate won at JMU back in 2015).
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; July 22nd, 2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Quote Originally Posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
    No doubt two cross country trips is not a good recipe for success but since EWU outplayed us so badly just gonna tip my hat to them. This year's team on paper looks every bit as good but I also realize a new coaching staff has to earn it's stripes just like the players. It also seems like every team loses their QB for a couple of games so think most teams realize this and an adequate 2nd QB is a necessity!!!

.....NOT DEFENDIN'........"DUH BEARS"......SPANKIN'....BAH IGGLES......WAS RESPONDIN'.....TA cx500d's....CLAIM.....BEAR O....IS SPOTTY.....AN' NO DEPTH....TA COMPETE.....IN LATER ROUNDS.......BUT FUNNY.....HOW EVERYONE AGREED.....MAINE.....HAD HARD ROAD.........WHEN DUH DANCE WAS ON..............AWK!

.....GOOD TA SEE YA.....SMARTENED UP CLENZIE......YA SAVED ME....DUH RESPONSE TIME.....TA....SHOW YA UP.......AN' IT'S BRAWK!..........AWK!

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

They actually didn't do it in 2016 either. They won a home playoff game Thanksgiving weekend, on the road @JSU in round 2, at home against Wofford in the quarters, and then @EWU in the semis.

The last team to do it was Sammy in 2014 I believe (@JSU in round 2 and @Nova in the quarters).

EDIT: It was actually Colgate in 2015 who won @UNH in round 1 and @JMU in round 2.
    Is going from Colgate to UNH to Colgate to JMU really a rigorous travel schedule?

Isn't that a bit like UNI going to Indiana State one week and then South Dakota State the next?

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Is going from Colgate to UNH to Colgate to JMU really a rigorous travel schedule?

Isn't that a bit like UNI going to Indiana State one week and then South Dakota State the next?
    Definitely not but I think the fact that the 16 teams since then that have tried to win road playoff games in back-to-back weeks and failed has had just as much to do with the fact that they're playing better teams than them as it has to do with travel.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Definitely not but I think the fact that the 16 teams since then that have tried to win road playoff games in back-to-back weeks and failed has had just as much to do with the fact that they're playing better teams than them as it has to do with travel.
    Sure.

These kids are also flying chartered.

Game is over Saturday late evening and they are home in Maine within 8 hours. They are already on a completely normal routine by the time they wake up mid morning on Sunday.

They fly out Friday - as any travel day would be - and within a couple hours on a chartered plane they are at their next location.

There isn't anyone other than Farley that commando raids anyone anymore. This last year we played Indiana State on Thursday night after a Saturday game. The team flew out of Waterloo at like 11AM, landed in Indiana at noon. Hung out for a few hours at a meeting place, went to the stadium, played the game, and were back in Cedar Falls within 12 hours of leaving town.

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

EDIT: It was actually Colgate in 2015 who won @UNH in round 1 and @JMU in round 2. And it's 0 for the last 16 (or 14 if you don't count the two teams that were trying to win road playoff games in consecutive weeks and lost on the same day as Colgate won at JMU back in 2015).
    ISUr did it a week later than SHSU in 2014 ... as 5 seed ISUr beat #4 EWU on road in qtrs, then beat #1 UNH on road in semis

If this is being measured in miles .. Chicago to Spokane is 1,800 each way, Normal to Durham is 1,150 each way. Colgate trips were 250m and 330m each way. SHSU traveled 1,550m and 750m each way.
    Last edited by Redbird 4th & short; July 22nd, 2019 at 10:50 AM.

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

I completely forgot they played Wofford at home. I thought they went to some CAA team or something

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Definitely not but I think the fact that the 16 teams since then that have tried to win road playoff games in back-to-back weeks and failed has had just as much to do with the fact thatthey're playing better teams than them as it has to do with travel.

....... "DUH BEARS"........SLOBBER KNOCKED....#2 DWEEBER STATE.......PRIOR TA E. WASH...........AN' TRAVELLED TA BOOT............AWK!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ....... "DUH BEARS"........SLOBBER KNOCKED....#2 DWEEBER STATE.......PRIOR TA E. WASH...........AN' TRAVELLED TA BOOT............AWK!
    Yeah, hard to argue Weber St was better than Maine just like it's hard to argue that Maine was better than EWU. Of course Weber St beat EWU earlier in the season.... AGS.