Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The All SoCon Preseason Team per SP

Re: The All SoCon Preseason Team per SP

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    Yes I don't pay attention to every player cut who is a long term vet so by seeing it when I did I was not shocked. But knowing what I knew about those players I would expect Soma to go because there is no way they keep him and Coleman due to cap space. Coleman is the better player.

Some inside info on Renew is that the Falcons were the ONLY NFL team to call about him. In fact, a good source in Atlanta told me their position coach is the one who did the leg work while doing cross checks and he said some of their area scouts completely rejected Renew. They offered him and nobody else even offered a tryout. If Renew does not make it there I would expect him to have to go to the AFL or CFL but I could see him being really good in one of those leagues.

I hope he makes the practice squad because he could be a good practice player for multiple roles but I know NFL teams usually keep bigger guys to be a hammer and to be honest they will see a huge decline because both guys are light (5'11 217, 6'0 233) and not near as good as DiMarco.
    Of course, Patrick Dimarco was also undrafted. He was also cut twice before the Falcons signed him. Perhaps NFL teams need better scouts in the state of South Carolina.

I also don't think it is terribly shocking that the Falcons were the only team to call about him. There are not that many NFL teams that utilize the fullback, and with roster restrictions, most teams that do carry only one. So, the number of teams potentially needing a fullback in any given year is probably pretty small.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

AGS FCS Champion

Re: The All SoCon Preseason Team per SP

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    Of course, Patrick Dimarco was also undrafted. He was also cut twice before the Falcons signed him. Perhaps NFL teams need better scouts in the state of South Carolina.

I also don't think it is terribly shocking that the Falcons were the only team to call about him. There are not that many NFL teams that utilize the fullback, and with roster restrictions, most teams that do carry only one. So, the number of teams potentially needing a fullback in any given year is probably pretty small.
    DiMarco would have been a highly sought after player if he had not been forced to move to TE as a senior. I believe had he stayed at FB he would have been at the NFL Combine or at least been a top tier PFA instead of a guy who had to keep trying, in order to make a roster.

You would be surprised that many scouts who go to South Carolina live up in Charlotte, Raleigh, somewhere in Georgia, or in Florida. Some do live in South Carolina but probably less than half who scout the state.

I have thought that Renew was the 3rd best RB that The Citadel has had since I have been scouting but the top two were pretty good. Travis Jervey and Nehemiah Broughton were the other two and they both got drafted.