Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satterfield back at ASU!!!!

First Class FCS Ruler ThompsonThe's Avatar

Re: Satterfield back at ASU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Except GSU.

Even with Satterfield our games were even. Bring it.
    iT'S on it's way baby!

And NO it wasn't even, far from it. AND your present coaching staff has never faced him.

First Class FCS Ruler whoanellie's Avatar

not a complete housecleaning..... many unresolved issues
    but this takes away the focus of a staff in shambles and a confused administration
    with great hullabalou ASU plans to go to FBS division and and tells all their recruits
    the same.... anyone hear the buzz from the BigEast? they Black-balled East Carolina
    Conference USA? the Boone Airstip is now a "hub" for hubba-hubba Airlines
    The Sun Belt? think the sun set on that too.

That being said, When did coach Moore actually sign off on all this? He sure must have put the word out
    "over my dead body". at least he has been producing mid level assistants and his few imports swiped
    about a half dozen clones, Mark Speir to WCU. at least he won't bankrupt the Cat Club w/ his buyout in 3 years.
    where is the clasped hands welcome back to the rock photo-Op?
    with Elvis' birthday coming up I think We owe Coach Moore a few more kudos.

Armani Edwards will be looking for a job soon enough, he's a special teams guru for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
    but this takes away the focus of a staff in shambles and a confused administration
    with great hullabalou ASU plans to go to FBS division and and tells all their recruits
    the same.... anyone hear the buzz from the BigEast? they Black-balled East Carolina

That being said, When did coach Moore actually sign off on all this? He sure must have put the word out
    "over my dead body". at least he has been producing mid level assistants and his few imports swiped
    about a half dozen clones, Mark Speir to WCU. at least he won't bankrupt the Cat Club w/ his buyout in 3 years.

Armani Edwards will be looking for a job soon enough, he's a special teams guru for sure.
    Nice rambling, incoherent, ignorant, bullst post you have there.
    All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
    Mark Twain

Major FCS Ruler

I am no expert on either program but I will take the ASU water boy job over FIU any coaching position.
    "Spiders”

First Class FCS Ruler cbarrier90's Avatar

You Elon fans...

AGS FCS Master SideLine Shooter's Avatar

Drinking again I see.
    You can't cure Stupid!!!!

"Stupidity should be Painful."
    "A mind is a terrible thing."
    "If your aim in life is nothing, you can't miss."
    "Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid," - John Wayne

First Class FCS Ruler MorgantonAPPAlum's Avatar

This is excellent news!
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

God made man, Sam Colt made men equal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Come on guys, get real, Satterfield just escaped the pink slip from FIU. Just read their message board. No one would leave a FBS team as offensive coordinator, and move down to a FCS team as offensive coordinator (and the pay cut that comes with that downward move) unless they had seen the writing on the wall. Satterfield's days at FIU were numbered, one way or another.... and Cobb didn't promise him the HC job either, and the asst. head coach title means nothing as we all know, it's just a feel good title for him.

Just bringing back Satterfield is a long, long, long way from reassembling that coaching staff that won 3 NCs, nice try, but no dice.

....and no, I'm not saying or implying that WCU will challange for a conference championslhip or even beat Appy this year. Maybe in a couple, if Speir is the right fit, which I'm hopeful but not positive.
    What a totally idiotic post. You don't fire an OC who had done a lot to turn around your program in two years.

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    What a totally idiotic post. You don't fire an OC who had done a lot to turn around your program in two years.
    The negativity came from both WCU and Elon. Go figure. Honestly, I hope WCU starts playing well again because they are led by a ex Mountaineer. I've been to the last three Elon/ASU games in Burlington and almost all their fans are gracious hosts. However, a few idiots seem to keep spewing stupidity. I guess we all have them, but Elon's seem to be more annoying

Quote Originally Posted by ThompsonThe View Post
    iT'S on it's way baby!

And NO it wasn't even, far from it. AND your present coaching staff has never faced him.
    Uh what? After the spread was implemented, Satterfield took over the primary play-calling from 2004 til 2008.

From 2006-2008 those games were pretty damn even...not in terms of W-L but performance on the field.