Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273

Thread: Official App State vs East Carolina thread

The Sherman to Citdog's Atlanta ASUMountaineer's Avatar

Re: Official App State vs East Carolina thread

Quote Originally Posted by ECU View Post
    I just didn't care for a couple of your fans talking about how you would have "dominated" "if" this and "if" that. Just pointing out I could say the same.
    That's a very long post to say that (I think there was more than that). AND, what did you expect to see on an FCS (I-AA) board? Not to mention, the team that loses always looks for reasons why...the winning team doesn't have to.

"What if's" don't matter, and if ECU is really as big time as you think they are, you should care less what ASU fans think. I enjoyed my time in Greenville, the game was great, and I hope we can keep playing this game. Who knows what could have happened? All we know is what happened, and what happened was a great game that finally became competitive, ASU found it's back up QB, AE was dying to get in the game, and ECU won.

First Class FCS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by FCS_pwns_FBS View Post
    ECU fans are just plain delusional if they thought they were going to win this game in a rout.
    We are now 41-2 vs your divison since the split with the only losses in the 1st couple years. Forgive me for thinking we'd win.

I told ECU that Conference USA's record against IAA teams means jack when you haven't played a single team that has won a playoff game (and the only ones you played that even played in the playoffs were low seeds that got blown out in the first round) but he didn't listen.
    We beat one of your "National Champions" in a season we went 2-9, beat other highly ranked Georgia Southern teams with losing ECU teams as well, and beat some other good D1aa's. Probably beat the best one again this year.

If you are talking about just while we are in CUSA we don't even play D1aa's anymore. We've only played 1 other one this decade it was a ranked William and Mary. As far as the rest of the teams in CUSA, I could give a crap about them or what they've done. Anyway I'm done. Have a good season too.
    Last edited by ECU; September 8th, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

The Sherman to Citdog's Atlanta ASUMountaineer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ECU View Post
    We are now 41-2 vs your divison since the split with the only losses in the 1st couple years. Forgive me for thinking we'd win.

We beat one of your "National Champions" in a season we went 2-9, beat other highly ranked Georgia Southern teams with losing ECU teams as well, and beat some other good D1aa's. Probably beat the best one again this year.

If you are talking about just while we are in CUSA we don't even play D1aa's anymore. We've only played 1 other one this decade it was a ranked William and Mary. As far as the rest of the teams in CUSA, I could give a crap about them or what they've done. Anyway I'm done. Have a good season too.
    Have fun with the big boys and I hope ECU makes it two-for-two vs. Mountaineers this year. It would also be nice for your guys to take it to the Tarheels too. Just keep in mind, fans of FCS schools are wanting "respect" just as non-BCS FBS schools (such as ECU) want respect from BCS schools.

Eastern ConUSA Power Rankings (121 FBS programs)

# 60: Southern Mississippi
    # 83: Memphis
    # 94: Marshall
    # 101: Alabama-Birmingham
    # 102: Central Florida

Other ConUSA Opponents

# 94: Marshall
    # 116: Southern Methodist

Thank goodness for the Sun Belt!