Pages : 1 [2]

AppMAN04
October 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
EXCUSE ME SHUT DOWN!

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 05:29 PM
EXCUSE ME SHUT DOWN!

I will allow this.

App did a great job of taking care of us. It helps they're big and really fast in all aspects.

I would have loved to see us replay that game with us running on all cylinders though. You definitely did not see the offense that has played the last 2 games.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Should I go all chattownmocs in this thread?

AppMAN04
October 29th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I will allow this.

App did a great job of taking care of us. It helps they're big and really fast in all aspects.

I would have loved to see us replay that game with us running on all cylinders though. You definitely did not see the offense that has played the last 2 games.

I dont want to have to play you guys again.. I know what kind of damage GSU can do when running on all cylinders... I am happy that our offense and defense from the last two games showed up opposed to the offense and defense from the beginning of the season..

AppMAN04
October 29th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Should I go all chattownmocs in this thread?

lol nah dont do that.. good game by two good teams who don't like each other but def respects one another on the field

introvertedGSUfan
October 29th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Ugh, credit to App for basically shutting down the option, but man oh man that last App TD leaves a sore taste in my mouth. I just hope GSU can beat El Cit AND Wofford, receives a good seed, AND is on the opposite side of the bracket of App. Of course App losing to Furman would take care of my worries too. :)

AppMAN04
October 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Ugh, credit to App for basically shutting down the option, but man oh man that last App TD leaves a sore taste in my mouth. I just hope GSU can beat El Cit AND Wofford, receives a good seed, AND is on the opposite side of the bracket of App. Of course App losing to Furman would take care of my worries too. :)

I could stand for Wofford to lose to GSU... Furman is looking very scary right now. FU defense has really stepped up big over the last few weeks. This will be a tough away game for us..

As far as the Bracket goes, def put us on the opposite side of GSU

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2011, 05:42 PM
r us..

They won't. Count on us being in the same quarter of the bracket.

introvertedGSUfan
I think if App wins out and we beat El Cit and Wofford then we would both be on the same side of the bracket and you guys would get the home field advantage due to the auto-bid. D:

eaglewraith
I could stand for Wofford to lose to GSU... Furman is looking very scary right now. FU defense has really stepped up big over the last few weeks. This will be a tough away game for us..

If there's a rematch at Kidd Brewer....I will be there making a complete *** of myself and with enough cash to make bail.

Death Dealer
October 29th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I think if App wins out. D: We're gonna do our part to make that not happen I hope. You do your part and beat the ankle biters.

The Moody1
October 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
You definitely did not see the offense that has played the last 2 games.

The way your offense looked today looked the way they did because you were not playing against the defenses you played against the last two weeks. Our offense looked all-world against Savannah State.xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
We're gonna do our part to make that not happen I hope. You do your part and beat the ankle biters.

Oh man...if Furman beats App. and wins out, GSU beats The Citadel and Wofford, and Wofford only loses to GSU, we will have a four-way tie, right?

Insane.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM
The way your offense looked today looked the way they did because you were not playing against the defenses you played against the last two weeks.

Like I said, props to the App defense.

However I've been to every game except this one and the Elon game. I've watched every play of this season. We started executing on a different level starting with Furman. In this game we regressed to how we looked at the beginning of the season. Yes App's defense had a LOT to do with it. However it was us choking as well that aided it. You can see what I'm talking about in the second half. If we'd played the entire game like the second half, I'd be gleefully dancing around while telling you to suck it right now.

AppMAN04
October 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Oh man...if Furman beats App. and wins out, GSU beats The Citadel and Wofford, and Wofford only loses to GSU, we will have a four-way tie, right?

Insane.

That will be crazy!! SOCON RULES!!

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM

Insane.

App and Wofford would have 2 losses so no.

We'd win the autobid. Would Furman share? They'd only have one conference loss right?

GATA
October 29th, 2011, 06:11 PM
The way your offense looked today looked the way they did because you were not playing against the defenses you played against the last two weeks. Our offense looked all-world against Savannah State.xthumbsupx

Pretty much. Both teams flexed their defensive muscles today. The offenses were just trying to survive.

App state REALLY impressed me today. They played tough and weren't soft at all like I anticipated. They were fired up and ready to make a run.

Typical GSU/App State game....a few key plays were the difference. App State's defense answered the call time and time and time and time again though. Hopefully we can avoid going back to Boone this season.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 29th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I think if App wins out and we beat El Cit and Wofford then we would both be on the same side of the bracket and you guys would get the home field advantage due to the auto-bid. D:

They wouldn't necessarily get the auto-bid. Woffy>APP>GSU>Woffy. If all three win out with GSU loss to Bama everyone will be 7-1; 9-2. It's a three-way SoCon Crown and the autobid goes to deeper tie-breakers than I know about.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 06:28 PM
They wouldn't necessarily get the auto-bid. Woffy>APP>GSU>Woffy. If all three win out with GSU loss to Bama everyone will be 7-1; 9-2. It's a three-way SoCon Crown and the autobid goes to deeper tie-breakers than I know about.

Wofford can't be in the tiebreaker if we win out. They'd have 2 conference losses.

That'd leave a tie with us and App.

WOCO
October 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM
ya'll are talking like wofford isn't around anymore. 1 team controlls its destiny now. We took a bad loss to furman when we didn't have any rb's left due to injuries. I hope app and gsu are both on the other side of the bracket for the record and I think that no matter what the nc is coming back to the socon

asumike83
October 29th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I was very impressed with the ASU defense. Holding GSU to 10 offensive points was incredible, especially considering 7 of those were on a 10-yard drive set up by a long kick return. Our special teams let us down yet again, that absolutely has to be fixed.

ASU has come a long way this year, we are starting to hit our stride. Furman will be another tough test next week, should be interesting.

The rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated.

Mntneer
October 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM
The rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated.

Quote of the day IMO.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Wofford can't be in the tiebreaker if we win out. They'd have 2 conference losses.

That'd leave a tie with us and App.

Yep, forgot about the Furman loss, I guess.

ASU_Fanatic
October 29th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Awesome game, very loud and we forced GSU into taking a few timeouts. Monken is an idiot, but great game boys. We seem to be hitting our stride at the perfect time, wouldn't be surprised at all to see us in Frisco in a few months. Another tough one against Furman next week!

TwoFeathers
October 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Congrats to Apps on an outstanding defensive effort! Game would have been further lopsided if it weren't for that miracle punt return by Robinson... that guy had a pile on him, like twice, and still ran it back. Great game!

Saint3333
October 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I really want Wofford again in the playoffs.

Mountaineer
October 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I really want Wofford again in the playoffs.

The great thing is that ASU once again controls their own destiny. Win out and the Apps are hoisting another in a string of 7 straight conference championships. xnodx

Game today was unreal. Never thought the defense would step up like they did holding the Eagles to 201 total yards. It was cold, loud, and beautiful.

ASU_Fanatic
October 29th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I love how the GaSo fans were complaining about the refs and make no comment on the God-awful PI call when the ball was thrown way out of bounds and our guy didn't even touch the GaSo WR, kept a drive alive.

straightshooter
October 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Actually the App defender hit the GSU receiver just as the ball was released. That's PI, even if the ball is only a foot off the QB's hand. That made it look like the ball was well off target. The TV announcers commented on it.

appvette
October 29th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I love how the GaSo fans were complaining about the refs and make no comment on the God-awful PI call when the ball was thrown way out of bounds and our guy didn't even touch the GaSo WR, kept a drive alive.

THANK YOU... that was a horrible call. I wouldn't even bring it up but GSU fans are calling out the Quick catch.

GSU Eagle
October 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM
In spite of typical inept SoCon officiating we had our chances. Twice we had 1st and goal inside App's 10 and in 4 plays twice could not get in the endzone. The game was there to be won by the Eagles but we did not get it done. App's defense did a good job stopping our running attack. But one would have to admit we at least made a game of it in the
2nd half after being absolutely horrid on offense in the 1st half.

Mr. C
October 29th, 2011, 09:10 PM
They won't. Count on us being in the same quarter of the bracket.

ASU and GSU were on the opposite side last year.

SideLine Shooter
October 29th, 2011, 09:38 PM
THANK YOU... that was a horrible call. I wouldn't even bring it up but GSU fans are calling out the Quick catch.

That's the way they do it. It is always somebody elses fault or mistake. They can't accept the fact that they did not do enough to win. It is either the officials fault or the other teams no calls. Get use to it and go on down the road. It's GSU and that is the way they are.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 09:40 PM
That's the way they do it. It is always somebody elses fault or mistake. They can't accept the fact that they did not do enough to win. It is either the officials fault or the other teams no calls. Get use to it and go on down the road. It's GSU and that is the way they are.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Quick "touchdown" was bull****.

blueballs
October 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM

Wow, do they teach reading up there???

I've seen a couple of dozen pages giving App props for playing their collective azzes off and that's the best you can come up with????

Yes App's D just owned GSU's o-line and slots and App absolutely deserved to win... but you are blind if you think Quick's second TD was a good catch.

Who knows how it plays out if that call is made correctly and App is up 3 instead of 7. I GUARANTEE you GSU plays it differently in the fourth quarter because they have the best FG kicker in the conference. App may still have won, who knows???

However, that wasn't even the worst call of the day. The 4th down fumble/no fumble spot two yards behind forward progress at the end was absolutely comical. I didn't think it was possible to screw both teams with one call but now I do.

Nevertheless, congratulations to the Appies. You played great and deserved the win. You've come a long way since that Va Tech loss. You'll be dangerous in december, so will GSU.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I GUARANTEE you GSU plays it differently in the fourth quarter because they have the best FG kicker in the conference.

How can you be so sure? Georgia Southern went for it on fourth down instead of taking the points a couple of times, iirc. Monken is a gambler and he lost a lot yesterday. Kidd Brewer makes some coaches make some dumbass decisions. See Bobby Lamb 2002. Mickey Matthews 2007.

blueballs
October 30th, 2011, 09:12 AM
How can you be so sure? Georgia Southern went for it on fourth down instead of taking the points a couple of times, iirc. Monken is a gambler and he lost a lot yesterday. Kidd Brewer makes some coaches make some dumbass decisions. See Bobby Lamb 2002. Mickey Matthews 2007.

Because theoretically he could have kicked a FG and tied the game, which was what he was trying to do (tie the game) by going for it on the fourth down calls. Same objective, but a lot harder to score 7 instead of 3.

gasoutherneagle
October 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM
No excuses. We blew it. Time to work on bouncing back next week and whuppin' up on *****adel.

All my best to CrAppy State the rest of the regular season. I'm looking forward to our rematch in the playoffs.

Moving on.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Because theoretically he could have kicked a FG and tied the game, which was what he was trying to do (tie the game) by going for it on the fourth down calls. Same objective, but a lot harder to score 7 instead of 3.

And, if he kicked the field goals instead of going for it 3 times, he probably would have won the game. 53 yarder might not be a gimme... but, as you said, Mora is one of the best kickers in the country. The other two times, he definitely passed up gimme field goals.

One of the most frustrating things about y'all's offense is going for it on 4th down. Wofford was 4/4 on 4th down and beat us.

Y'all's 4th down calls bit you in the ***. 0/4 and the loss.

blueballs
October 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM
And, if he kicked the field goals instead of going for it 3 times, he probably would have won the game. 53 yarder might not be a gimme... but, as you said, Mora is one of the best kickers in the country. The other two times, he definitely passed up gimme field goals.

One of the most frustrating things about y'all's offense is going for it on 4th down. Wofford was 4/4 on 4th down and beat us.

Y'all's 4th down calls bit you in the ***. 0/4 and the loss.

Can't disagree with you jelly... your team made the plays and mine didn't. All you Appies should be proud of the effort and overall execution of your team yesterday.

Mr. C
October 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
For all of our AGS friends who haven't heard, there is tons of Appalachian State-Georgia Southern coverage over at College Sports Journal, the newest and freshest FCS website. Please bookmark www.college-sports-journal.com and come by often. You will also find the AGS weekly poll and other resources there. Also check out Sunday's Savannah Morning News, which has a copy of my game story for Saturday's game: http://savannahnow.com/sports/2011-10-29/mountaineers-turn-tables-gsu#.Tq2NIXNX54s

I'll continue to post my game blogs for the games I cover each weekend (and the Thursday night ESPNU games) here at AGS as well. Thanks for all of the comments from yesterday's game. The interchange makes covering the games all the more fun and we all shared a classic FCS contest yesterday in Boone.

Mr. C
October 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I for one wouldn't mind seeing these two teams meet up again in the playoffs, though hopefully not before the semifinals, or in the championship game in Frisco, Tx.

blueballs
October 30th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I for one wouldn't mind seeing these two teams meet up again in the playoffs, though hopefully not before the semifinals, or in the championship game in Frisco, Tx.

Agreed... it would be interesting to see each team's adjustments based on yesterday's game.

I know one thing both teams' fanbases can agree on... there were a LOT of athletes playing hard and fast on that field yesterday. Those are two very good teams and NC contenders for sure.

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 05:21 PM

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/272878/

Go to 2:30:25. About as obvious pass interference as you get. Shaw throws a timing pattern and the App DB nails the WR 10 yards down the field while the ball is in the air.

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM
2:25:00 Quick did a juggling act Barnum and Bailey circus would be proud of.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/272878/

T-Dog
October 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Dear AGS posters not associated with ASU or GSU,

See what we have to deal with every year.

-T-Dog

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Dear AGS posters not associated with ASU or GSU,

See what we have to deal with every year.

-T-Dog

Exactly, Dumb App fans that when looking at clear video evidence come to some different conclusion as if they are drunk on moonshine or something.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 05:33 PM
About as obvious pass interference as you get. Shaw throws a timing pattern and the App DB nails the WR 10 yards down the field while the ball is in the air.

Except the ball lands 3 or 4 yards out of bounds... on the yellow part of the sideline...

Uncatchable.

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Except the ball lands 3 or 4 yards out of bounds... on the yellow part of the sideline...

Uncatchable.

LOL. If it landed one or two yards OB it means it was about 3 or 4 feet off the ground when it crossed the OB line. I hope our receivers have a reach of 3 or 4 feet. The announcers clearly agreed it was pass interference. Blantant and properly called. Quick's TD was obviously a bobble when I saw it live and the replay clearly showed him struggling the entire way down with it. Ga Southern's fumble that wasn't called by the refs was a terrible call as well, but it had no impact since it was 4th down and he was short.

T-Dog
October 30th, 2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/DearGodPlsMakeItStop.jpg

GlassOnion
October 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
If App fans complained everytime our team got hosed by the ref, there wouldnt be much else on here. Better to not be sore losers.

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Bad calls happen to us all, but that one was clearly a critical one that had a HUGE impact on the game. Time to move on though, it is over.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Time to move on though, it is over.

You've been babbling about it for how many pages now? Wipe the ****ing tears from your eyes and move on.

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 05:57 PM
You've been babbling about it for how many pages now? Wipe the ****ing tears from your eyes and move on.

1/4 page maybe?

asumike83
October 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
If you want to whine about big missed calls, don't forget about the blatant hold that sprung Laron Scott for a big return that got you guys on the board in the first half. Refs miss calls all the time (especially in the SoCon), that's just the way it is. Losing this game had a lot more to do with being kept out of the end zone with goal to go twice in the second half and your QB completing half as many passes to ASU players as he did to GSU players than it did with the referees. ASU played better and deserved to win this game.

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 06:27 PM
If you want to whine about big missed calls, don't forget about the blatant hold that sprung Laron Scott for a big return that got you guys on the board in the first half. Refs miss calls all the time (especially in the SoCon), that's just the way it is. Losing this game had a lot more to do with being kept out of the end zone with goal to go twice in the second half and your QB completing half as many passes to ASU players as he did to GSU players than it did with the referees. ASU played better and deserved to win this game.

Fair enough. App deserved to win, but if the FCS has Instant replay Quick's TD is the only play in the game that would have been reversed.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Fair enough. App deserved to win, but if the FCS has Instant replay Quick's TD is the only play in the game that would have been reversed.

Time to move on though, it is over.

xwhistlex

Apphole
October 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
If the Quick catch was ruled incomplete, we would have won on a field goal. Please stop crying Stink fans. Its very unbecoming.

Mountaineer#96
October 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM
like a bunch of women at a purse show.........

straightshooter
October 30th, 2011, 06:53 PM
If the Quick catch was ruled incomplete, we would have won on a field goal. Please stop crying Stink fans. Its very unbecoming.

Had this been reversed and against App St, their fans would be doing exactly the same thing. The Mountaineers did play better, but not so much better that this call didn't affect the game in a big way. The GSU approach to going for TDs on 4th down in the red zone would have been different. A three point lead is much easier to even up than a seven point lead. GSU fans, including me, have said that the Mountaineers played better and deserved the win, but you simply cannot discount how this play changed the game in the second half. It's over - can't do anything about it - move on to next week.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 06:58 PM
It's over - can't do anything about it - move on to next week.

Y'all keep saying this. Then you keep whining... xconfusedx

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM

So you assume App would have made the kick and that GSU wouldn't have made one too? GSU was in the redzone later and had to go for the TD instead of 3. This kick would have almost certainly been made as well, still leaving us with a tie game.

Y'all keep saying this. Then you keep whining... xconfusedx

I think most people would be happy to get a "yeah, you were screwed by the refs. I think App would have found another way to win, but the way it went down had a lot to do with the officiating." Everybody gets bent over by the officials at some point, but having the game winning catch being a clear incompletion will jar any fanbase into moaning. You know you would be puking for days afterward if you had lost and been victim to such egregious officiating errors.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/25rj9xe.jpg

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Good one....now post the last 4 slides, bobble, bobble, fall down to the ground and huge bobble and finally 4 yards out of the end zone secure the ball.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 07:37 PM
http://k.wigflip.com/fsKZ3ian/roflbot.jpg

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
You mad?

That poor officiating resulted in an incomplete pass being ruled as the game winning touchdown? Nah, who would be made at that?

Apphole
October 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Why don't y'all go down to Mcdonalds and pick yourself up a waaa-burger and some French cries. Maybe a whine-akin.

Fear the Bird
October 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Whats the big deal? Home field should separate these 2 by one score...take care of business and this could be settled in frisco

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 07:47 PM

More like
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/Icemonk_2008/incredcat.jpg

I believe that you are still missing the crux of most GSU fans' argument which I have stated here: I think most people would be happy to hear App fans say "yeah, you were screwed by the refs. I think App would have found another way to win, but the way it went down had a lot to do with the officiating." Everybody gets bent over by the officials at some point, but having the game winning catch being a clear incompletion will jar any fanbase into moaning. You know you would be puking for days afterward if you had lost and been victim to such egregious officiating errors.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
That poor officiating resulted in an incomplete pass being ruled as the game winning touchdown? Nah, who would be made at that?

I believe that you are still missing the crux of most GSU fans' argument which I have stated here: I think most people would be happy to hear App fans say "yeah, you were screwed by the refs. I think App would have found another way to win, but the way it went down had a lot to do with the officiating." Everybody gets bent over by the officials at some point, but having the game winning catch being a clear incompletion will jar any fanbase into moaning. You know you would be puking for days afterward if you had lost and been victim to such egregious officiating errors.
http://k.wigflip.com/QpEg2Oh6/roflbot.jpg

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 07:51 PM
You have to agree on this point: the game winning score was an incomplete pass. From there we have a few directions the game could have gone including App kicking a field goal and GSU answering with one of their own later in the game when they were in the redzone, but forced to go for the TD due to the aforementioned TD call. We will never know how the game would have played out if the correct call had been made, but we do know one thing: that pass was not a catch and the TD should not have been given. Sour grapes, sore loser, whatever you want to say, a bad call resulted in the winning score and that will piss anybody off.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM
http://k.wigflip.com/EWmcH1MK/roflbot.jpg

asumike83
October 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
More like

There was a much more egregious hold that sprung Laron Scott for a big return that got y'all on the board in the first half. That happened right in front of me and was a much easier call to make than the Quick TD. Take away the 3 points you got on that drive and an ASU field goal would have still put us up 6. So, even in this other hypothetical game that occurred in some parallel universe, ASU still wins by 6.

You got held to 240 yards under your rushing average and had goal to go on 2 separate occasions in the 2nd half that resulted in zero points. That is why you lost, not the refs.

asknoquarter21
October 30th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I have seen the replay.

They missed the call. I don't think you can say it was one sided though.

The BS pass interference call the drive after that on 3rd down(an uncatchable ball).
The TERRIBLE time reset that I still don't understand how they missed.
The holding call on both the punt return TD and the interception return.

Truth is the officiating was bad all game, but if you look at the stats and don't know the score ASU won that game.

I get your point though, tough to take.

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 08:02 PM
There was an equally egregious hold that sprung Laron Scott for a big return that got y'all on the board in the first half. Take away the 3 points you got on that drive and an ASU field goal would have still put us up 6. So, even in this other hypothetical game that occurred in some parallel universe, ASU still wins by 6.

Potentially. All I'm saying is the refs gave 7 points when they weren't earned and it resulted in the winning score. That would burn anybody up. We all get screwed by the Socon at some point. Every group will claim to receive the brunt of the poor officiating, so there's not much point in complaining. But you have to understand why people would be furious... because we've all been there.

I get your point though, tough to take.

This is all most people are really looking for. Both teams played a fantastic game and I would love to see a rematch this year. If for no other reason than it would be another instant classic like yesterday's game was.

Rekdiver
October 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Okay you got screwed. So did ASU. a obvious hold on your last TD, a terrible interference call on the same drive and a fumble recovery in the 1st half that would have been six.
For once the bad calls seemed to even out. But what would have made a difference is your coach should have gotten 6 points from field goals which woud have dictated a different scheme from you late in the game.

You did not play well enough to win and I thought Jaybo was never in the game. Incredible d-line but no pass defense.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
But you have to understand why people would be furious... because we've all been there.

And you have to understand why we're annoyed with all of the GSU fans whining for all of the postgame discussion. We dismantled your offense. The refs played no role. That's the story of the game. Y'all couldn't get a 4th down. Y'all couldn't push it in on 1st and goal on TWO occasions.

That's the story. NOT the refs. xrolleyesx

Mountaineer
October 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM

http://k.wigflip.com/fsKZ3ian/roflbot.jpg

http://k.wigflip.com/QpEg2Oh6/roflbot.jpg

http://k.wigflip.com/EWmcH1MK/roflbot.jpg

xlolx

I am impressed, Jelly. Good stuff man.

xbowx

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 08:15 PM
But what would have made a difference is your coach should have gotten 6 points from field goals which woud have dictated a different scheme from you late in the game.

You did not play well enough to win and I thought Jaybo was never in the game. Incredible d-line but no pass defense.

I understand the decision to chase the tie and not try to chip away at the lead. Playing against a talented and potentially explosive offense, you don't want to bleed a slow death by trading touchdowns with field goals. When you get down to the 3 yard line, you ought to be able to push the ball in, but we failed to do that because of poor perimeter blocking. Jaybo not having a great game has a lot to do with the blocking. He simply had nowhere to go with the ball most of the time because the defense was in all of the running lanes. I was at the game and also watched the replay online. The missed blocking assignments are very obvious on the video. Blockers would run right by the guy they should block and he would end up making the tackle. Very frustrating to see the play be right there and the players just don't execute it. I know Monken was thinking that we would get the blocking down eventually and put one of those redzone possessions in for 6. It just didn't happen.

Y'all couldn't push it in on 1st and goal on TWO occasions.

That's key and was a direct result of the poor blocking. You simply have to be able to get the ball across the line in those situations.

straightshooter
October 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM
The only stat that matters is points. App St D played great, held GSU well under it's rushing average and controlled the tempo of the game. But GSU was still in it via special teams and really good D in the second half. The call did matter, resulted in a TD instead of a FG and changed both teams' approach to the balance of the game. That's all that's being said.