2011 Record: 33-6 (10-2 SLC)
Total: 212-82 (82-45 SLC)

Southland Conference - Week 9 Game Listing
Lamar at Sam Houston State
McNeese State at Stephen F. Austin
Northwestern State at Texas State-San Marcos
Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas

TT's Quick Analysis and Predictions
Lamar at Sam Houston State - Sam Houston State is rolling and there will be a celebration of past SHSU conference championship teams at this contest. A bit of a look into what the future holds for the Bearkats? They remain in the driver's seat with a win in this one. SAM HOUSTON STATE

McNeese State at Stephen F. Austin - SFA blew out Nicholls this past week, but what do you gain from that? Hard to say. One thing is certain, McNeese offense concerns me signifcantly and the false starts this past week were a bit much. Still feel more comfortable in choosing McNEESE STATE

Northwestern State at Texas State-San Marcos - The Demons are not going to be a joke and the Bobcats can't overlook them. What the hell happened in Hammond? Good thing TXST will be playing in San Marcos or they may have just suffered another loss this coming week as well. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas - Southeastern got the big win this past week, can they pull another one out? UCA just went down to Lamar and beat those Cards and no one has won on the field at UCA yet, have they? CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Bearkat-Backer
October 23rd, 2011, 11:01 AM

McNeese75
October 23rd, 2011, 12:03 PM

blackfordpu
October 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2
Week 6: 3-1
Week 7: 3-1
Week 8: 3-1

34-8 overall

LIONFAN07
October 23rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
It will be a difficult game for us in Conway but I just noticed that this will be UCA's ninth game in a row without a bye. That has to be difficult for their guys. They will be fired up for homecoming but as much as coaches talk about how important their bye week is to rest up and get healthy it has to be hard.

BEAR
October 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM

Lamar actually has a good offense. But they appeared to get tired on the oline in the second half. UCA's defense either came out fired up or those FBS transfers for Lamar needed a longer halftime. xlolx I'm picking Lamar for no other reason than I'm hoping for the upset and a tie for first in the conference. :p Lamar by 2.

McNeese will rebound from those losses. It's time they did. McNeese by 7.

Northwestern State seems like a strong team this year and this is a toss up game but I give it to them. Why? NO freakin idea. xlolx Demons by 3.

The lions are coming to the stripes to face a team that finally has several defensive and offensive players back. Big improvement on the oline for UCA has allowed Nathan Dick to get some passes off. Though not overpowering by any means, it gets the job done. The defense gives up big stats, but somehow holds off opponents from the endzone. Bears by 14.

GeauxLions94
October 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Northwestern State at Texas State

BEAR
October 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Looks like some fans of UCA are trying to get the crowds out there. Where can I find the attendance numbers for the Southland up to this point? Thanks! (sorry, didn't know how to shrink the pic) xlolx I hope to see these pics all around campus this week...oh wait, it's fall break..nevermind. xoopsx

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321207_2543675319320_1476866799_2764991_975113019_ n.jpg

blackfordpu
October 23rd, 2011, 02:48 PM

Lamar actually has a good offense. But they appeared to get tired on the oline in the second half. UCA's defense either came out fired up or those FBS transfers for Lamar needed a longer halftime. xlolx I'm picking Lamar for no other reason than I'm hoping for the upset and a tie for first in the conference. :p Lamar by 2.

McNeese will rebound from those losses. It's time they did. McNeese by 7.

Northwestern State seems like a strong team this year and this is a toss up game but I give it to them. Why? NO freakin idea. xlolx Demons by 3.

The lions are coming to the stripes to face a team that finally has several defensive and offensive players back. Big improvement on the oline for UCA has allowed Nathan Dick to get some passes off. Though not overpowering by any means, it gets the job done. The defense gives up big stats, but somehow holds off opponents from the endzone. Bears by 14.

So you would like Lamar to win, that is clear. This is about who you think will win.

BEAR
October 23rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
So you would like Lamar to win, that is clear. This is about who you think will win.

No it isn't. xlolx Ok. I think Lamar will win. xrolleyesx

katstrapper
October 24th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Southland Conference - Week 9 Game Listing
Lamar at Sam Houston State.. Lamar got beat at home by UCA last week. Kats went on the road for a big win at McNeese. Kats are averaging 43.4 ppg in their last three games and only giving up 9 ppg in that stretch.... Sam Houston

McNeese State at Stephen F. Austin Both of these teams are really struggling and could use a win to re-establish the momentum. Cowpoke defense gave up some big plays last week and SFA has a high octane offense... SFA

Northwestern State at Texas State-San Marcos.. Dont look now, but NW State has worked themselves into the conference mix and head to San Marcos. Bobkitties better not take this team lightly like they did SE Louisiana or they will be looking at another loss... NW State

Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas... The Lions got a nice win over FBS bound Tx State, but I think UCA is back up to speed and too much power for the Lions in Conway.... C. Arkansas

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Pretty bare on the predictions...

Any more final thoughts?

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM
UPDATES...

Sam Houston State 66-0 Lamar FINAL
Northwestern State 23-10 Texas St-San Marcos FINAL
Stephen F. Austin 23-17 McNeese State 14:45 4Q
Southeastern Louisiana 0-0 Central Arkansas 14:55 1Q

TheRevSFA
October 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hooray steak dinner.

blackfordpu
October 29th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2
Week 6: 3-1
Week 7: 3-1
Week 8: 3-1
Week 9: 3-1

37-9 overall

Missed the SFA@McNeese game. Not doing to bad on the year.

El Gato
October 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Man the SLC not doing good this year. I know Sam has run the table, but the conference overall is just not very strong this year. Texas State beats McNeese but loses to SLU & NWST?
NWST is 3rd in the SLC but despite their victory yesterday they did not look that great. Their defense is pretty good, even though they only allow 125 rushing ypg and Texas State racked up 247 yards rushing. I don't see NWST pulling off W's against SHSU and UCA.

Of the SLC teams Texas State has faced this year I still think SLU looked the best (they were just clicking that night) but they are sitting at 0-4 in the SLC and McNeese looked ok but is sitting at 2-3 on the SLC. Weird.

Haven't seen UCA but their only loss has been to SHSU, so those guys probably look the most legit out of the entire SLC (other than of course SHSU). Wonder if those guys run the table from here on out (including a non conference win over my Bobcats) if they get an at-large? Otherwise, looks like the SLC will only send one team into the playoffs yet again. Those guys should crack the Top 25 this week.

katstrapper
October 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Yep, SLC is down as a whole this year. UCA could win out, but dont think there will be an at-large bid from the SLC this year.