PDA

View Full Version : GSU/ASU --- Let the banter begin

Pages : 1 2 [3]

AshevilleApp2
October 31st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Ding! 500th post in this thread, let's move on to Furman!

asu70
October 31st, 2011, 02:40 PM
I'm not concerned with it, I just made a comment based on comments made by some ASU fans and it escalated from there. There are those that seemed very pleased with the thought that there were over 30,000 people there. If I had realized that they would be so hurt by me questioning that I probably wouldn't have said anything. As to the hand signals, I see our team doing that in every game, so no, I didn't consider the idea that they were doing that because of the noise.

Oh.......OK, I'd like to wish you and the eagles the best of luck for the rest of the season. You have a very good team to be proud of.....this I'm sure you and I can agree on.

pike51
October 31st, 2011, 02:47 PM
Only thing I can say is we got beat by a better team on that specific Saturday, period. If you win, you're the better team at that time... how difficult is that?

I-16Bandit
October 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Only thing I can say is we got beat by a better team on that specific Saturday, period. If you win, you're the better team at that time... how difficult is that?

Exactly. I hate hearing people blaming the refs. Yes, they made some bad calls, but when it comes down to it, ASU beat us. Period. They shut our offense down. Period. Yes, it was a bad loss and it hurt, but it happens. The game is over and there is nothing that can be done. The Citadel is coming into town this week and THAT is who we need to be worrying about. We are still only at 6 DI wins. You can dwell on the past all you want, but nothing is going to change.

With that being said, GATA!!

asu70
October 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM

Classy Post, both are talented teams, different day could prove a different result.

cannonballgsu
October 31st, 2011, 02:58 PM
I wasn't able to attend the game due to work, but my gf made the trip and really enjoyed herself. It was her first trip to KB Stadium, and she said it was impressive. She and the App fans behind her had some good natured ribbing during the game, so your fans made a good impression on her. The only mishap she had was nearly getting knocked down by an app fan leaving the stadium (which I guess is kinda normal when you are funneling out 30k fans).

SpeedkingATL
October 31st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Exactly. I hate hearing people blaming the refs. Yes, they made some bad calls, but when it comes down to it, ASU beat us. Period. They shut our offense down. Period. Yes, it was a bad loss and it hurt, but it happens. The game is over and there is nothing that can be done. The Citadel is coming into town this week and THAT is who we need to be worrying about. We are still only at 6 DI wins. You can dwell on the past all you want, but nothing is going to change.

With that being said, GATA!!

Win the game on Saturday. GaSo is too good a team to miss the playoffs because of lousy scheduling (1 Div II and FBS powerhouse). Would love a rematch in TX between the Eagles and Apps for the flag.

biggie
October 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
I wasn't able to attend the game due to work, but my gf made the trip and really enjoyed herself. It was her first trip to KB Stadium, and she said it was impressive. She and the App fans behind her had some good natured ribbing during the game, so your fans made a good impression on her. The only mishap she had was nearly getting knocked down by an app fan leaving the stadium (which I guess is kinda normal when you are funneling out 30k fans).
It does help to be large when leaving a full game, I have to look everywhere to not knock someone over, especially on the West side when all the students are pouring out into you. Normally most have already gone by halftime or end of 3rd quarter, but Saturday was a challenge, traffic in the cars was the worst I'd seen ever I believe.

asu3peat
October 31st, 2011, 03:25 PM

Glad your GF enjoyed her experience. As we were walking to the stadium I saw a group of GSU fans walking by Raley lot with an Eagle flag. You could hear the "light hearted" boos coming from the tailgating area. A guy from our group ran over to the GSU group with an App flag and exchanged pleasantries. Everything seemed to be in good nature from all the GSU fans I encountered. Spoke with Brent Russell's parents walking into the stadium. They were wearing #66 white sweatshirts. Very nice people. Wished them luck and told them I hope to see BR on Sundays. I almost fell out when his mom said, "you take it easy on my boy!" I asked for the same treatment in return from him. No such luck! That dude is a player! After the game, spoke with a gray haired GSU fan who was walking out of the stadium by himself. Mentioned it was a hell of a game and good luck the rest of the season. Told me that we need to come down to Statesboro, "it's warmer!" I declined his offer as "Paulson isn't so friendly to my team" and extended him the same offer that he's welcome to Boone anytime he wants to visit. All in all, I thought the atmosphere, fans from both teams and the play on the field was all great. I did read over on GSU's board where some ***-hat(s) were not being gracious host. Sorry for those knuckleheads. The guys who's picture was posted for trying to disrupt the GSU alma-mater, someone should have pushed his wig back for him. There's no need for that non-sense.

As for the game, I see arguments about attendance. There were absolutely not 30k people in attendance. 27k give or take 1k is about right. The officiating sucked for both teams but this is not new to Socon games so it must be seen as a fixed variable. During the game, I told my buddy that GSU's play calling seemed suspect. We kept wondering why the Eagles didn't utilize the quick sweep toss more because we thought it was effective when called. Also not sure why they decided to pass on the first drive which resulted in an INT. I thought they should have kept running the ball. Anyway, hats off to both defenses. No way did I think we'd hold the vaunted TO offense to 135 yards rushing. I love watching these two teams get after it. Maybe we'll get to see a rematch in the playoffs.

Here's to a speedy recovery for your president!

Waco Kid
October 31st, 2011, 03:33 PM
Sorry to tell you asumike, but you are on exactly the same wavelength as an Eagle fan, at least on this matter :). I'm not questioning your statement, Apphole. As I said in my original statement about this, the vacant seats I saw were above the student section. Also the end zone seating had some vacant seats and the grassy area under the video board was by no means packed. Anyway, I apologize for going on about this, really doesn't matter to me what the attendance was, just stating the opinions that there were less than 30,000 actually there and the stadium was definitely at less than capacity.

The truth hurts sometimes, and the truth is we didn't have 30K in the stadium Saturday. I'm sure we sold over 30K tickets since every seat was sold out weeks ago, but I guess we still have some pansie fans that can't handle the cold. At least we got their money sicne we didn't get much else out of them.

GSU EAGLES
October 31st, 2011, 04:15 PM
D-R-O-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqyH_wRyh-g&feature=youtu.be

Skjellyfetti
October 31st, 2011, 06:21 PM
The Catch

xsmileyclapx

You just can't see to follow your own advice:

Time to move on though, it is over.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2011, 07:35 PM
There were a lot of people at KBS on Saturday and it was pretty loud and pretty cold. Granted, not "Montana" loud and cold, but I digress...

You guys understand that we're sitting here arguing about whether there were 27,500 people or 30,000 people, right? It's like arguing about whether someones sweater is topaz or cyan. It's freakin' blue.

Oh.......OK, I'd like to wish you and the eagles the best of luck for the rest of the season. You have a very good team to be proud of.....this I'm sure you and I can agree on.

Cyan?

Thanks, asu70. I think that we can both agree that we both support very good teams, and that yours was better on Saturday. Now, as others have said, let's move on to Furman/The Citadel.

WH49er
November 1st, 2011, 12:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JUeDQbR-ts