View Full Version : GSU/ASU --- Let the banter begin

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Baldy
October 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM
He started 1 game with Georgia Tech.

Against Duke.

At home.

xlolx
Except for the first couple of plays of the game, he beat Mississippi State 38-7.

In Starkeville.

After an injury to Nesbitt early in the 2nd half, he led Tech to a victory against FSU.

In Tallahassee.

I know the atmosphere in Boone is great to watch a game, but it is really no comparison to either Starkeville, and ESPECIALLY Tallahassee. Sorry...

xnodx

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Except for the first couple of plays of the game, he beat Mississippi State 38-7.

In Starkeville.

After an injury to Nesbitt early in the 2nd half, he led Tech to a victory against FSU.

In Tallahassee.

I know the atmosphere in Boone is great to watch a game, but it is really no comparison to either Starkeville, and ESPECIALLY Tallahassee. Sorry...

xnodx

I won't argue about either of those stadiums compared to KBS. However, he is only 1 player and that is not something that can be taught to his teammates. Hard to argue against this being the biggest road test faced by 21 of your 22 starters. Winning against W&M/Wofford in the playoffs was very impressive but the atmosphere does not compare to KBS.

Plus, they had nothing to lose in those games, where as they are expected to walk about of Boone with a W. Playing against expectations for the first time is a huge obstacle, in my opinion.

Baldy
October 26th, 2011, 11:49 AM
That is definitely possible, I have been impressed by what I've seen out of y'all. It will be your toughest test of the season though and for us, how JJ reacts will be huge. One thing is for sure, we will have to score 30+ to win this game. I'd be surprised if it was more than one TD either way.

Ditto.

It will be a close game, but still, the game is in Boone, and at best we have a 50/50 chance. My heart says that after a relentless battle over 3 quarters, we win going away in the 4th, but my head say we will fall a little short. :(

Skjellyfetti
October 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM

In Starkeville.

In Tallahassee.

0/1 passing for 0 yards

7 carries for 5 yards. .7 yards per carry.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283060059
xeekx

Edit: apparently Jaybo didn't play in the game in Starkville. So, above adjusted the stats for the game he actually played in.

GSU EAGLES
October 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282640059

Skjellyfetti
October 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282640059

Baldy was babbling about Jaybo leading his team to victory in Starkville.

Skjellyfetti
October 26th, 2011, 01:45 PM
David Jackson's writeup on the game:

When the schedule came out last January, prognosticating Mountaineer fans broke out the red Sharpie and circled October 29 on their calendars. It would take nearly 10 full months to know whether the storyline would pan out but, on the brink of Black Saturday, it appears the Appalachian-Georgia Southern rivalry has returned to its late 1990s form.

In those days, things were different but also very much the same. Paleontologists wax poetic with details of the "Fullback era." Appalachian had one - part of the old I-formation that only shows up today in the fossils of highlight reels. Georgia Southern had a fullback also - he wore number 3 - and he wore the Apps out on a consistent basis. Even in their primitive form you could bank on Appalachian's old-school offense and Adrian Peterson's snazzy option-based, yellow-bus riding Eagles, to be ranked in the Top 10 nationally and headed for a collision course that would ultimately decide a championship.

Both teams have come a long way to get back to familiar ground. It's been 11 seasons since Appalachian and Georgia Southern have met with both teams ranked in the top 5 in the national polls. Since then, the Eagles hung their sixth national-championship flag over Statesboro and have called five different men head coach. Appalachian has gained access to the national-title club three times over and has won 108 games and six Southern Conference titles under Head Mountaineer Jerry Moore since that day back at the turn of the century when two titans of what was then known as the Division I-AA ranks battled to a 34-28 Eagle victory in Statesboro.

The rivalry was rekindled last November when Georgia Southern became the first team in three seasons to beat Appalachian in a Southern Conference game. It was stoked again when the Eagles made an improbable run to the semifinals of the FCS playoffs in 2010, one round further than the Apps, who bowed out to Villanova the week prior. This past summer, the good old days officially returned as Georgia Southern was picked atop the SoCon preseason poll by the league's media, ending a five-year Black & Gold reign in that spot, but the Mountaineers were tabbed as the favorite by the league's coaches. The polls suggested the Eagles may indeed be back and Georgia Southern has since occupied the nation's top ranking for the last seven weeks entering Black Saturday.

As the two sides line up against one another this week, both teams, objectively, must look at this game as a crucial measuring stick. To this point, their schedules have allowed for similar results.

Both teams have played two inferior opponents, which resulted in lopsided, though slightly hollow victories. Both teams have played the emerging Chattanooga Mocs on their respective home fields. ASU squeaked out a two-point win over the Mocs in a game where the defense did all the scoring while Georgia Southern's defense held on for a one-point win over Russ Huseman's team just two weeks later. The Apps and Eagles each weathered early resistance from Pat Sullivan's Samford Bulldogs for hard fought double-digit victories.

The separation occurs where the schedule starts to differ. Appalachian was fiercely thumped by No. 13 Virginia Tech in the season opener while the Eagles have yet to battle their BCS-conference foe - No. 2 Alabama. GSU has played one more SoCon game than the Mountaineers and have enjoyed a 21-point average margin of victory over league foes. The Apps have bitten their fingernails a bit more, battling a variety of injuries, roster issues and personnel shifts that see only a 3.3-point advantage in four league games. But, just in time, the Mountaineers have appeared to locate their trademark consistency, led by the emergence of sophomore quarterback Jamal Jackson and bolstered by the team's most complete game of the year, last Saturday's 35-17 win over Samford.

Saturday, each team will know where it stands against a rival it respects enough to gauge itself against. This game has SoCon title implications in that it can allow the Apps back into the picture. The Eagle faithful surely look at this game as their team's chance to remain in the record books, albeit in a tie, for the longest consecutive run of SoCon titles. But don't be naïve in thinking the road ends at The Rock. Both teams have a critical test to follow as Appalachian travels to Furman next week while the Eagles have a trip to 12th-ranked Wofford lurking in two weeks. The excitement comes from this matchup featuring championship dividends to be reaped for both teams should they find victory and that has not been the case for nearly a decade.

There is a challenge to the fans this time around as well. Eagle head coach Jeff Monken has not set foot inside The Rock since serving as an assistant to Paul Johnson in a 28-17 Eagle win in 2001, which was the last time the two powers met in a regular-season game where both were ranked in the Top 10 (remember those two Davon Fowlkes punt returns for touchdowns that were called back due to penalties?). Since then, Kidd Brewer stadium has experienced a physical and emotional transformation. The Apps have been fortunate to be in this situation a few times over the last several years, needing to win that decisive game on their home turf to push toward a championship. The KBS faithful have turned out some of their most deafening performances on those occasions, helping the Mountaineers to staggering wins over Furman, Wofford and Elon, among others, in battle-royal conditions.

Saturday offers the same chance. If you find yourself walking out of the gates in the third quarter this week, make sure it's for a good reason. Bring an extra coat, mittens or that stadium blanket that will keep you warm. It will be chilly this weekend - don't be surprised. Don't let anything spoil your opportunity to step back in time and experience, once again, one of the most meaningful matchups on the FCS gridiron.

http://www.goasu.com/www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205322557

blueballs
October 26th, 2011, 01:51 PM
That's a nice article... thanks for sharing Jelly.

Baldy
October 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Edit: apparently Jaybo didn't play in the game in Starkville. So, above adjusted the stats for the game he actually played in.

Baldy was babbling about Jaybo leading his team to victory in Starkville.

Learn to read Goathumper...

Shaw, a freshman who also threw a touchdown pass, took over after starter Josh Nesbitt suffered a hamstring injury on a 21-yard run on Georgia Tech's first drive.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282640059

xbangx

Skjellyfetti
October 26th, 2011, 03:59 PM

xbangx

xlolx

Why is this so difficult?

12:00 PM ET, September 20, 2008
Bobby Dodd Stadium, ATLANTA, GA

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM

xbangx

Easy now, your original point was about Jaybo having experience winning big games on the road, at Mississippi State and FSU. The game you reference was played at home in Atlanta. The one road game in Tallahassee he managed only 5 yards on 7 rushes and was 0/1 passing, with his 1 pass attempt being intercepted.

Not that I think struggling on the road at FSU 3 years ago will have ANY effect whatsoever on how he does this Saturday.

Baldy
October 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Easy now, your original point was about Jaybo having experience winning big games on the road, at Mississippi State and FSU. The game you reference was played at home in Atlanta. The one road game in Tallahassee he managed only 5 yards on 7 rushes and was 0/1 passing, with his 1 pass attempt being intercepted.

Not that I think struggling on the road at FSU 3 years ago will have ANY effect whatsoever on how he does this Saturday.
The past 2 games Jaybo has rushed 11 times for 8 yards. I can promise you he hasn't been struggling. That's what makes this offense so special and so different. The QB doesn't have to put up grotesque numbers for the team to be successful. His knowledge of the system and his ability to make the right reads at the right time is what makes everything click.

SideLine Shooter
October 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Jabo is the man!!

Skjellyfetti
October 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Ole Jaybo has 8 fumbles on the season and 4 lost.

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
My personal opinion is that - as usual - you can throw most stats and trends out the window this week. It's a very rare occasion that either GSU or App has an easy time in this matchup, regardless of records or location. I think that looking at this season's performances and the fact that App is breaking in a new QB should make GSU a 10 point favorite, but I'm sticking with the tradition of knock-down, drag-out wars and predicting a close GSU win that isn't settled until the final seconds.

That's what I trully believe, even though a breakdown would look like this:

O-Line - GSU
RBs - GSU
QB - GSU
WRs - App
DL - GSU
LBs - GSU
DBs - tie
Sp. teams - GSU

Not all of these are by a wide margin, but I think you'd have a hard time trying to state that any of these assessments are favoring the wrong team. Weather and fans can only help or hurt so much. Who knows what will happen Saturday, but I don't see any way that App should be favored short of them having an above average game and GSU playing below average. Granted, that can - and does - happen all of the time. I just think that GSU is the decidedly better team heading into Saturday.

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
The past 2 games Jaybo has rushed 11 times for 8 yards. I can promise you he hasn't been struggling. That's what makes this offense so special and so different. The QB doesn't have to put up grotesque numbers for the team to be successful. His knowledge of the system and his ability to make the right reads at the right time is what makes everything click.

True, but he's also had about 300 passing yards and 3 goal-line rushing TD's. I'm not saying Jaybo is not good, just that the FSU game is not exactly a prime example of his composure on the road.

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
True, but he's also had about 300 passing yards and 3 goal-line rushing TD's. I'm not saying Jaybo is not good, just that the FSU game is not exactly a prime example of his composure on the road.

Not trying to deify the triple-option, but it's something that you just have to watch on an every week basis to really understand.

GSU has more than a hadful of guys -Brown, Swope, Wilcox, Bryant, McKinnon, Youyoute - that could be expected to go for about 150 yards if the idea was to make any one of them a forced focal point of the offense. As dangerous as all of them are, I guarantee that all of them will have at least two games of <30 yards this season.

Citing any one player's lack of production in this offense is pointless unless about 5 other guys have equally crappy games.

If you make a point out of trying to shut down any of them, it only serves to make the others better - especially with someone as experienced as Jaybo calling the shots. Look at game film from the last 10 GSU games or so. You'll see a graveyard full of teams that tried to take away the dive, or deny the pitch, or focus on punishing the QB at every opportunity.

The offense can be stopped - and is certainly prone to error - but thinking that Shaw is going to crumble under pressure is a pretty risky game plan.

Skjellyfetti
October 26th, 2011, 06:43 PM
That's a nice article... thanks for sharing Jelly.

Here's another good writeup from the App camp for anyone interested. BigCasu does a very good analysis of our games every week on the MMB. He posts here occasionally, so I don't want to steal his thunder by copy and pasting the whole thing here. But, if you want to read it... here it is:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/display.asp?webtag=appstate&msg=38037.1

Skjellyfetti
October 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
The offense can be stopped - and is certainly prone to error - but thinking that Shaw is going to crumble under pressure is a pretty risky game plan.

I don't think anyone is saying that. We're just saying it's ridiculous to point to his very brief career at Georgia Tech as evidence for much of ANYTHING this weekend.

Horseshoe App
October 26th, 2011, 06:51 PM
My personal opinion is that - as usual - you can throw most stats and trends out the window this week. It's a very rare occasion that either GSU or App has an easy time in this matchup, regardless of records or location. I think that looking at this season's performances and the fact that App is breaking in a new QB should make GSU a 10 point favorite, but I'm sticking with the tradition of knock-down, drag-out wars and predicting a close GSU win that isn't settled until the final seconds.

That's what I trully believe, even though a breakdown would look like this:

O-Line - GSU
RBs - GSU
QB - GSU
WRs - App
DL - GSU
LBs - GSU
DBs - tie
Sp. teams - GSU

Not all of these are by a wide margin, but I think you'd have a hard time trying to state that any of these assessments are favoring the wrong team. Weather and fans can only help or hurt so much. Who knows what will happen Saturday, but I don't see any way that App should be favored short of them having an above average game and GSU playing below average. Granted, that can - and does - happen all of the time. I just think that GSU is the decidedly better team heading into Saturday.

I think there is some homerism here. Here is my assessment
o line - GSU
RB-tie or ASU might be a little better
QB-Jamal is better than you think. This is a tie or we might be in the lead
WR- App
DL- GSU but not by a bunch
LB's-ASU is just as good as GSU
DB's-ASU-you have midgets and Jamal throws down field very well
SP teams-GSU-your place kicker is very good but our punter is very good.

I think ASU and GSU have the best athletes in the conference. The difference will be who out coaches who. It is going to be a whale of a game.

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I don't think anyone is saying that. We're just saying it's ridiculous to point to his very brief career at Georgia Tech as evidence for much of ANYTHING this weekend.

Exactly... You can point to his more recent streak of helping to steamroll teams for that information.

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Not trying to deify the triple-option, but it's something that you just have to watch on an every week basis to really understand.

GSU has more than a hadful of guys -Brown, Swope, Wilcox, Bryant, McKinnon, Youyoute - that could be expected to go for about 150 yards if the idea was to make any one of them a forced focal point of the offense. As dangerous as all of them are, I guarantee that all of them will have at least two games of <30 yards this season.

Citing any one player's lack of production in this offense is pointless unless about 5 other guys have equally crappy games.

If you make a point out of trying to shut down any of them, it only serves to make the others better - especially with someone as experienced as Jaybo calling the shots. Look at game film from the last 10 GSU games or so. You'll see a graveyard full of teams that tried to take away the dive, or deny the pitch, or focus on punishing the QB at every opportunity.

I have played football against triple option offenses and have been watching GSU at least once a year for the last decade. I think I have seen enough film to fully understand the nature of the triple option. I do not need a lesson.

Never said anything about Shaw crumbling, just that the FSU game is a horrible example in trying to say he can handle the pressure in a big game. It was one game, 3 years ago, that means absolutely nothing now. If you watched that game, you will agree that Shaw was very, very bad. In just over a quarter of play, he attempted one pass which was a dead duck that got picked, and lost one fumble. Again, that game means absolutely nothing now, which was really my only point to begin with.

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 07:28 PM
o line - GSU
WR- App

I think ASU and GSU have the best athletes in the conference. The difference will be who out coaches who. It is going to be a whale of a game.

We'll settle it on Saturday for sure, but I think you're a little off base.

Cadet is good, but the FB duo of Brown and Swope is intimidating and what the slotbacks lack in downfield receiving ability, they make up for in explosiveness running the ball around the corner.

As for quarterbacks, I don't see how you can argue that a guy who has started a couple of games is better than someone who is in his fourth year of running a complex offense and his second season of being the main QB in that offense.

On the D-line, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe App has some talent, but it sure hasn't shown against either of the option teams they've played so far... A combined 70 points allowed against Wofford and The Citadel doesn't exactly speak well for controlling the line and I don't think it's too much exageration to say that GSU runs it better than either of those other two schools.

Laron Scott is one of the best DBs in the country, but I honestly don't know much about App's secondary, so I won't even get into it. There isn't a lot of height in the GSU secondary, but App is going to have to hold off what I'd say is the best D-line in the country for more than a couple of seconds if they are going to take advantage of their tall WRs and throw downfield.

TwoFeathers
October 26th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Sorry App fans, but I think Ga Southern is unstoppable this year. I may eat my words. But there it is...

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Doing a position-by-position comparison of these two offenses makes no sense. Complete apples to oranges.

TwoFeathers
October 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Delaware in the semi's last year... made Shaw and Ga Southern look like a bunch of children out there. But that was the #1 defense in FCS.

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I have played football against triple option offenses and have been watching GSU at least once a year for the last decade. I think I have seen enough film to fully understand the nature of the triple option. I do not need a lesson.

Cool story, bro. Maybe you can jump into the defensive huddle and give some pointers. I'm sure you'd do a better job than the guys that get paid to prepare for the triple-option.

Never said anything about Shaw crumbling, just that the FSU game is a horrible example in trying to say he can handle the pressure in a big game. It was one game, 3 years ago, that means absolutely nothing now. If you watched that game, you will agree that Shaw was very, very bad. In just over a quarter of play, he attempted one pass which was a dead duck that got picked, and lost one fumble. Again, that game means absolutely nothing now, which was really my only point to begin with.

Couldn't agree more. He acted exactly like you'd expect a freshman to - given the situation. He did his best to manage the game and not screw up, and that happened to be enough to get the win.

The good news is that this isn't FSU and it isn't three years ago.

SideLine Shooter
October 26th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Delaware in the semi's last year... made Shaw and Ga Southern look like a bunch of children out there. But that was the #1 defense in FCS.

wow!

TwoFeathers
October 26th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Well the Tribe has a bye, so I'll be watching.

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Cool story, bro. Maybe you can jump into the defensive huddle and give some pointers. I'm sure you'd do a better job than the guys that get paid to prepare for the triple-option.

I sure hope not!

I took your comment about having to see the triple option to really understand it as a bit condescending. If I misread that, my bad. My only point was that I actually do know a little bit about option football.

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I sure hope not!

I took your comment about having to see the triple option to really understand it as a bit condescending. If I misread that, my bad. My only point was that I actually do know a little bit about option football.

Maybe I misread your post preceding that one.

It was my understanding that you were using Jaybo's stats - or lack thereof - as a barometer of the team's success. While he certainly has a lot to do with the success of the team, he can contribute without lighting up the statline.

I was just trying to point out that any one component of the offensive system can be shut down without affecting the overall output, given that the offense is run properly.

Horseshoe App
October 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM
We'll settle it on Saturday for sure, but I think you're a little off base.

Cadet is good, but the FB duo of Brown and Swope is intimidating and what the slotbacks lack in downfield receiving ability, they make up for in explosiveness running the ball around the corner.

As for quarterbacks, I don't see how you can argue that a guy who has started a couple of games is better than someone who is in his fourth year of running a complex offense and his second season of being the main QB in that offense.

On the D-line, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe App has some talent, but it sure hasn't shown against either of the option teams they've played so far... A combined 70 points allowed against Wofford and The Citadel doesn't exactly speak well for controlling the line and I don't think it's too much exageration to say that GSU runs it better than either of those other two schools.

Laron Scott is one of the best DBs in the country, but I honestly don't know much about App's secondary, so I won't even get into it. There isn't a lot of height in the GSU secondary, but App is going to have to hold off what I'd say is the best D-line in the country for more than a couple of seconds if they are going to take advantage of their tall WRs and throw downfield.

As you said it will be settled on Saturday. We can compare output against the two opponents we have in common and we are pretty even. Stats can always be skewed to make ones point. I do not think you have seen the spread offense run the way we are presently running it. I can tell you this, the offense is much better right now than what we brought into Statesboro last year. Again, comparing quarterbacks is hard. I sure would have taken Armanti over Jaybo Shaw when Armanti was starting his third game. Jamal has had that same type of performance. He has been in this system 2 1/2 years and is running it very well(just like Jaybo does his system). Athlete vs. Athlete, I would take Jamal. The running back comment you made is a dab unmerited. We have three running backs that can take it to the house on any play.
As I said earlier, both of these teams are very talented. I am looking forward to the game. You coming to Boone?

Block-A
October 26th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I apologize if this has been posted already.

Jerry Moore interview on WFNZ today:

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2011/10/26/app-st-head-coach-jerry-moore-on-the-drive/

just in case anyone cares

straightshooter
October 26th, 2011, 08:31 PM
As you said it will be settled on Saturday. We can compare output against the two opponents we have in common and we are pretty even. Stats can always be skewed to make ones point. I do not think you have seen the spread offense run the way we are presently running it. I can tell you this, the offense is much better right now than what we brought into Statesboro last year. Again, comparing quarterbacks is hard. I sure would have taken Armanti over Jaybo Shaw when Armanti was starting his third game. Jamal has had that same type of performance. He has been in this system 2 1/2 years and is running it very well(just like Jaybo does his system). Athlete vs. Athlete, I would take Jamal. The running back comment you made is a dab unmerited. We have three running backs that can take it to the house on any play.
As I said earlier, both of these teams are very talented. I am looking forward to the game. You coming to Boone?

Good news here is that the GSU offense is much better now than the one that App saw in Statesboro last year and the new wrinkles GSU have added to their offense will be totally new to App State. Lots more counter option play and quite a few from the gun. App saw none of that last season. Wofford and the Citadel run their offenses in slow motion compared to how GSU runs its offense. There are similarities between the three offenses, but GSU's is much more complex and tougher to defend. One think is certain. App State better defend the edge, because if they don't, this game will be a track meet in the Eagles' favor.

GSU has two fullbacks that are pretty interchangeable and four A-backs that interchange just about every play. Brown is playing very well and his backup Swopes continues to impress. The Mountaineers didn't get to face Jonathan Bryant last season at A-back, but they'll get a dose of him on Saturday. JJ Wilcox at A-back just continues to make play after play. He's one of the best at that position GSU has ever had. Throw in the McKinnon factor (4.4 speed - lines up at QB or A-back), which in every team GSU has faced proved to be a real problem, and Shaw has plenty of weapons to get the ball to. Jaybo doesn't have to do a lot with these weapons at his disposal. His job is to manage the game and keep control of the ball. Make good throws to a receiving corp that is faster and more skilled than year ago, and come out of the game with no picks. So far this season Jaybo hasn't thrown an interception.

App fans seem to think the GSU team will come to Kidd Brewer and fold the tent. They'd better be careful thinking those thoughts, as this GSU team is on a mission. They play for each other probably better than any team in recent GSU history. No doubt the Mountaineers will be a handful, but they'd better be ready for a bigger, faster, stronger and more focused GSU team than they've faced in the past five or six years, because that's what's coming to Boone on Saturday.

SideLine Shooter
October 26th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I apologize if this has been posted already.

Jerry Moore interview on WFNZ today:

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2011/10/26/app-st-head-coach-jerry-moore-on-the-drive/

just in case anyone cares

Thanks, I couldn't catch it live. Always good to hear the Coach.

james_lawfirm
October 26th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Good news here is that the GSU offense is much better now than the one that App saw in Statesboro last year and the new wrinkles GSU have added to their offense will be totally new to App State. Lots more counter option play and quite a few from the gun. App saw none of that last season. Wofford and the Citadel run their offenses in slow motion compared to how GSU runs its offense. There are similarities between the three offenses, but GSU's is much more complex and tougher to defend. One think is certain. App State better defend the edge, because if they don't, this game will be a track meet in the Eagles' favor.

GSU has two fullbacks that are pretty interchangeable and four A-backs that interchange just about every play. Brown is playing very well and his backup Swopes continues to impress. The Mountaineers didn't get to face Jonathan Bryant last season at A-back, but they'll get a dose of him on Saturday. JJ Wilcox at A-back just continues to make play after play. He's one of the best at that position GSU has ever had. Throw in the McKinnon factor (4.4 speed - lines up at QB or A-back), which in every team GSU has faced proved to be a real problem, and Shaw has plenty of weapons to get the ball to. Jaybo doesn't have to do a lot with these weapons at his disposal. His job is to manage the game and keep control of the ball. Make good throws to a receiving corp that is faster and more skilled than year ago, and come out of the game with no picks. So far this season Jaybo hasn't thrown an interception.

App fans seem to think the GSU team will come to Kidd Brewer and fold the tent. They'd better be careful thinking those thoughts, as this GSU team is on a mission. The play for each other probably better than any team in recent GSU history. No doubt the Mountaineers will be a handful, but they'd better be ready for a bigger, faster, stronger and more focused GSU team than they've faced in the past five or six years, because that's what's coming to Boone on Saturday.

Well said! And, I would have it no other way. GaSo SHOULD bring their best team to Boone.

And, in return the Mountaineers will be a handful too. The playbook is a mystery. What position anyone plays is a mystery. It's hard to prepare for the unknown. You can look at the first four games App has played this season and not understand one single thing about the team you'll see Saturday. One stat from the last couple games stand out, to me anyway. App averaged over 500 yds. total offense against Sammy & El Cit. Rushing & passing were pretty even. App's D is looking better each game.

So, I say bring on the triple option. Take your best shot. Just be ready for ours.

Is it time for kickoff yet?

SideLine Shooter
October 26th, 2011, 09:16 PM
xoutofrepx
Well said! And, I would have it no other way. GaSo SHOULD bring their best team to Boone.

And, in return the Mountaineers will be a handful too. The playbook is a mystery. What position anyone plays is a mystery. It's hard to prepare for the unknown. You can look at the first four games App has played this season and not understand one single thing about the team you'll see Saturday. One stat from the last couple games stand out, to me anyway. App averaged over 500 yds. total offense against Sammy & El Cit. Rushing & passing were pretty even. App's D is looking better each game.

So, I say bring on the triple option. Take your best shot. Just be ready for ours.

Is it time for kickoff yet?

xoutofrepxxbeerchugxxbeerdrinkx

Baldy
October 26th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Ole Jaybo has 8 fumbles on the season and 4 lost.
Jaybo has lost 3 fumbles, and 0 interceptions. Compare that to Presley and Jackson who have 2 fumbles and 6 interceptions on the season so far.

Besides proving that Jaybo takes care of the ball better, what's your point? xconfusedx

SoCon48
October 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Things that GSU and ASU fans agree on...

Furman Sucks
Marshall Sucks
ECU Sucks

thats about it.

Actually, for some reason, many App fans like EZU and want to emulate them. I don't.

straightshooter
October 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Jaybo has lost 3 fumbles, and 0 interceptions. Compare that to Presley and Jackson who have 2 fumbles and 6 interceptions on the season so far.

Besides proving that Jaybo takes care of the ball better, what's your point? xconfusedx

C'mon Chris. This is a message board...facts don't mean much here...

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM

Like I said when I first compared each position, it doesn't matter who has the advantage at what spot. This game is almost always a war, and even though I thinkk that GSU is more talented in more places, that doesn't mean I don't expect the same struggle on Saturday.

As far as your comment about the QBs, I'm sure that Jackson is a better athlete. It's no secret that Jaybo has been banged up and couldn't run a 4.6 even if fully healthy. His strengths come from making the right calls at the line and putting the ball where it needs to be for the offense to work. Given the talent and athleticism of the App defense, I think that the GSU offense can keep rolling, but that ASU is good enough to force more reads and execution.

Until now, GSU has been able to run an abbreviated version of the offense. Even though Shaw has run when necessary, I'll admit that there are plenty of other QBs that could do more with the occasions in which he has kept the ball. I'm sure that ASU will force more of these tough calls and runs out of Jaybo. I just don't think that it will make enough of a difference to put the scoreboard in App's favor.

CC Eagle
October 26th, 2011, 09:51 PM
And as for being at the game, I'm sad to say that it's just not in the cards. I've got to be at work.

Boone is one of the places that I haven't been able to check off of my list yet. I have a ton of friends heading that way Thursday afternoon and I've worked out every possible scenario of stowing away to Boone, then breaking every law imaginable in order to get back to work Sat. night, but I just can't swing it.

Maybe someday I'll have the means and leniancy necessary to take a road trip whenever I deem fit. When that day comes, I'll invade your tailgate and bring plenty of beers as a peace offering.

Until then, I can only spout off my frustration at missing the game by wishing nothing but ill-fortune on you and the rest of your kind :D

Baldy
October 26th, 2011, 09:55 PM
o line - GSU
WR- App

RB - We have 8 (9 counting Izzy) different RB's who average over 6 yards per carry. Clear advantage GSU.

QB - No doubt JJ is a special player, but the kid is starting only the 3rd game of his career against the toughest D he'll see all season and going up against an All-American DB. On top of that, add the pressure a game of this magnitude entails. Jaybo is battle tested and has proven he can make the right decisions most of the time and under immense pressure.

The rest of your analysis looks good to me.

straightshooter
October 26th, 2011, 10:06 PM
The current DC at GSU doesn't tend to blitz as much as the one last year (now DC at Vanderbilt), but I've got a feeling he's going to turn the wick up on Saturday. It's a lot tougher to throw accurately when you're running for your life, especially when you've only started a couple of games. The Eagles know they can't let JJ sit in the pocket and pick out receivers.

By the way, is App St. really going to block Brent Russell with a 5'10", 245 lb. guard? That's what the game notes say. Kid must be a heck of a player.

straightshooter
October 26th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Weather.com now says partly cloudy and 50 degrees Saturday in Boone.

apaladin
October 26th, 2011, 10:21 PM
It's Wednesday and only 30 pages of comments? I guess there's not much interest in this game? xlolxxsalutex

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM
By the way, is App St. really going to block Brent Russell with a 5'10", 245 lb. guard? That's what the game notes say. Kid must be a heck of a player.

Our offensive line is a real mystery to me. We have a highly regarded redshirt freshman (Graham Fisher, 6-2 275) who has not worked his way into the rotation at G/C like he was expected to. Another (Dylan Bostick, 6-6 280) just left the program and it was apparently due to some conflict with our OL coach. He was expected to compete for the RT job, but was another highly sought after recruit that did not work out. Hopefully Fisher gets in there soon but either way, it does raise some questions about the position coach.

The guy you are talking about is Sherman Holt. He's a senior and has been around forever, has great technique but very undersized. We had another redshirt freshman with ideal size (Kalan Jones, 6-4 285) starting at guard to begin the season but was hurt at VT and has not been back since. We are very strong on the right side with 2 seniors and our young LT is a stud but C/LG are shaky.

Will definitely be a huge part of this game. They have come together much better in recent weeks, though.

appstatefan123
October 26th, 2011, 10:47 PM
This should be a good one guys.

HighCountry
October 26th, 2011, 11:21 PM

I've been watching our starting Dline vs starting Oline in pass rush drills all season and have been surprised with how the smaller linemen handle our impressive Dline. The one's that lack size definitely make up for it in technique.

JJ only has one int in two starting jobs AND it was a tipped ball on a broken play that the db was lucky to get a hold of. Still a pick, but not a horrible throw like most are.

Saint3333
October 27th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Is GSU really going to defend Brian Quick, a 6'5" 220lb. WR, with a 5'9" DB? The answer to both is NO they will double team them and try to contain them, this shouldn't be news to anyone. Russell just like ASU's 315lb. DT, Wylie, will be double teamed every play.

GSU's DC will blitz more this game than any previous game, I certainly will not be fooled, hopefully our coaches won't either.

The two most talented teams in the SoCon will meet this weekend in front of 30K+, should be a good one.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 27th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Is GSU really going to defend Brian Quick, a 6'5" 220lb. WR, with a 5'9" DB? The answer to both is NO they will double team them and try to contain them, this shouldn't be news to anyone. Russell just like ASU's 315lb. DT, Wylie, will be double teamed every play.

GSU's DC will blitz more this game than any previous game, I certainly will not be fooled, hopefully our coaches won't either.

The two most talented teams in the SoCon will meet this weekend in front of 30K+, should be a good one.

GSU has preseason all-Americans at center and CB. I think we'll fare all right in both of those matchups.

james_lawfirm
October 27th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Weather.com now says partly cloudy and 50 degrees Saturday in Boone.

Weather.com is not as accurate for Boone weather, as booneweather.com. And, if you don't like the weather you are experiencing in Boone, wait 30 minutes. From what I've heard on weather band radio, and on booneweather.com, I think kickoff temp will be @ 45 degrees w/ a 50% chance of rain/snow, decreasing as the day goes on. Bottom line is bring your cold weather gear. If you're sitting on the east side, you'll be in the sun up until halftime, but it will still feel rather cold.

cannonballgsu
October 27th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Been busy all week, so I haven't been able to participate in the banter.

GSU (the real one) is awesome.

App State sucks.

GATA.

That is all.

asumike83
October 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
GSU has preseason all-Americans at center and CB. I think we'll fare all right in both of those matchups.

Laron Scott is a very good player but he will not be able to cover Brian Quick 1-on-1. Quick is also an All-American and has 8 inches and 40 lbs. on him. As great a player as Scott is, I doubt the GSU coaches give Quick much 1-on-1 coverage on Saturday, especially given the inexperience of the rest of our young WRs.

straightshooter
October 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I've been watching our starting Dline vs starting Oline in pass rush drills all season and have been surprised with how the smaller linemen handle our impressive Dline. The one's that lack size definitely make up for it in technique.

JJ only has one int in two starting jobs AND it was a tipped ball on a broken play that the db was lucky to get a hold of. Still a pick, but not a horrible throw like most are.

Two things come to mind when reading this post: 1) Maybe your D-line isn't quite as impressive as you think. The D has given up an average of 330 yards rushing per game against the two option teams they've played. 2) JJ started against Citadel and Samford. Between those two schools, their defenses have a total of 27 sacks and 14 interceptions for the season. GSU has 19 sacks (14.5 of those coming from the DL) and 11 interceptions.

Don't you just love stats? Don't really mean much in rivalry games, but the make for great conversation between fans.

straightshooter
October 27th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Weather.com is not as accurate for Boone weather, as booneweather.com. And, if you don't like the weather you are experiencing in Boone, wait 30 minutes. From what I've heard on weather band radio, and on booneweather.com, I think kickoff temp will be @ 45 degrees w/ a 50% chance of rain/snow, decreasing as the day goes on. Bottom line is bring your cold weather gear. If you're sitting on the east side, you'll be in the sun up until halftime, but it will still feel rather cold.

Let's see. Someone from App said in an earlier post that weather.com had the most reliable forecast for Boone.

Saint3333
October 27th, 2011, 08:57 AM

That is easy to type, but say this out loud: GSU will single cover Brian Quick on Saturday.

Now think about how STUPID that sounded.

Trust me your coaching staff will have a safety over the top 80+% of the time on Quick.

SpeedkingATL
October 27th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Thursday morning already...time to set up the tailgate.

Go Apps!

CC Eagle
October 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Quick was only double covered on a few occasions last season. He had 4 catches for 79 yards... Not a bad day, but I don't think that will be enough for an App win.

That being said, I still stand by my statement that the bigger concern with Quick is how long he has to run his route before the ball is in the air. If GSU can get to Jackson quickly, the passes will be less accurate and thrown into spaces where a good number of blue helmets will be standing. If Jackson has all day to throw downfield, double coverage won't make much more of a difference as a ball thrown high and well downfield is going to be Quick's for the taking, no matter who is covering him.

Of course, if the game gets close, he might decide that he's hurt and sit out the two most important drives of the game like he did last season.

boonedocks
October 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM

Booneweather isn't any better than any other forecaster. They just have a nice website with pretty pictures, that appeals because it is local. Don't get me wrong, I go there often, but it's definitely not much better like they would have you believe. Noaa.gov is where I go. Just go to all the websites, and expect them all to be wrong. haha.

cannonballgsu
October 27th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Forecast for Boone Saturday: Cold during the way with a high chance of Colder at night.

SideLine Shooter
October 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Forecast for Boone Saturday: Cold during the way with a high chance of Colder at night.

Don't believe it. Wear your cut off camos and "wife beaters."

AppStateold299
October 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
James_lawfirm is accurate in stating that booneweather.com is much better. RaysWeather is far and away the best at predicting weather up there.

soweagle
October 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM
IMHO, the keys to the game are:

1) GSU must block well on the corners. This will probably be the fastest group of linebackers and defensive backs we have faced all year. The flip side, ASU's DB's have probably not been blocked like they will be on Saturday. This battle will be interesting.

2) GSU must get to Jackson quickly and not let him get into open space. ASU's line will probably have trouble with our d-line but GSU had a lot of toruble with the only running qb they faced this year in Robinson (UTC).

cannonballgsu
October 27th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Can't do it. I have to save those because I'm in a wedding on Sunday.

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
What is the deck?

Rivers Street Parking Deck...it's where I park and tailgate for the games...ask ASUG8. :D

WH49er
October 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM

The heat from the thousands of mouth breathers and FUPAs in attendance should keep it about 5 degrees warmer in the stadium.

Boone is a real "melting pot" of sorts.

Best of luck to both teams!

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I'm going to run up in the deck and yell, "Hey, I'm Pike!! Now where's the free fried bird I was promised by you ASU MF'eers !!??!!??" I have a feeling that will go over very well. :)

I think it would go over fine...we have some crazy people up on the third floor. Bring your best, that's what we plan on doing. xthumbsupx

Apphole
October 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM
IMHO, the keys to the game are:

1) GSU must block well on the corners. This will probably be the fastest group of linebackers and defensive backs we have faced all year. The flip side, ASU's DB's have probably not been blocked like they will be on Saturday. This battle will be interesting.

2) GSU must get to Jackson quickly and not let him get into open space. ASU's line will probably have trouble with our d-line but GSU had a lot of toruble with the only running qb they faced this year in Robinson (UTC).

Again, everyone assumes that JJ is a running QB. All we have to do is hold up the blitz and Jackson will pick your secondary apart.

Apphole
October 27th, 2011, 11:18 AM
The heat from the thousands of mouth breathers and FUPAs in attendance should keep it about 5 degrees warmer in the stadium.

Boone is a real "melting pot" of sorts.

Best of luck to both teams!
I'd bet 10k+ of the mouth breathing, FUPA having App fans will be making the drive from Charlotte. Charlotte is that city 20-30 minutes from UNCC. UNCC is 2 miles from Lowes Motor Speedway. We all know how many FUPA having rednecks call that **** hole home. How's that high school stadium construction going?

Blueandwhitefightfight
October 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM

I don't own camo. I own Mountain Hardwear. Somehow I think that if I can hike the AT in January, I'll be ok for a Saturday in October.

Btw, what is a wife beater? We don't hit ladies here, sir.

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Actually, for some reason, many App fans like EZU and want to emulate them. I don't.

Shocking. Personally, I'd rather emulate ECU than Gardner-Webb. But, that's just me.

SideLine Shooter
October 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I don't own camo. I own Mountain Hardwear. Somehow I think that if I can hike the AT in January, I'll be ok for a Saturday in October.

Btw, what is a wife beater? We don't hit ladies here, sir.

The "wife beater" is originally from south georgia, it is a dirty white athletic undershirt. you folks consider it formal wear.

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
ASU Mountaineer has his very own parking deck. He gives around $1Billion a year.

Can you believe I have been keeping this a secret all along? Of course, I can't believe you just let the cat out of the bag. Now, I have to start spending money on the wifey! xlolx

All kidding aside, you coming up this weekend?

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Imagine this...33 pages of, "We're better!" and "Nuh-uh, we are!"

I love this rivalry, and a lot of times hate it just as much.

Go APPS! Boonetown in the morning!

Blueandwhitefightfight
October 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
The "wife beater" is originally from south georgia, it is a dirty white athletic undershirt. you folks consider it formal wear.

I consider formal wear a tuxedo consisting of a matching hand tied bow tie and cummerbund and an attractive lady on my arm. I don't know what you guys do up in the mountains but you're missing the boat.

SideLine Shooter
October 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I consider formal wear a tuxedo consisting of a matching hand tied bow tie and cummerbund and an attractive lady on my arm. I don't know what you guys do up in the mountains but you're missing the boat.

My mistake, I thought I was answering a question from a GSU fan but it was a Georgia State fan. Sorry, carry on.

CC Eagle
October 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
My mistake, I thought I was answering a question from a GSU fan but it was a Georgia State fan. Sorry, carry on.

If he was a Ga. State fan, there would be knife and bullet holes in the tux, with tastfully done blood stains perfectly accenting the bow tie.

soweagle
October 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM
[/B]

Again, everyone assumes that JJ is a running QB. All we have to do is hold up the blitz and Jackson will pick your secondary apart.

Pretty much holds true for any qb that has time. Like I said,GSU needs to get to him quickly and not let him have time in the pocket or let him get outside.

ASUG8
October 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Can you believe I have been keeping this a secret all along? Of course, I can't believe you just let the cat out of the bag. Now, I have to start spending money on the wifey! xlolx

All kidding aside, you coming up this weekend?

We'll be there, not sure exactly what we're doing about parking since we don't have our own parking deck yet.

On a side note, I really expected this thread to get much more out of hand given the mutual animosity between the teams. Seems to be a testament to the respect given to each other on the magnitude of a win for either team. Is ASU's newfound offense for real? Is GSU for real? Looking at common opponents it would suggest that it will be a tight one unless some key plays turn the result one way or the other. Should be a great one!

SoCon48
October 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Shocking. Personally, I'd rather emulate ECU than Gardner-Webb. But, that's just me.

Whoever said anything about emulating G-W?

HighCountry
October 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Two things come to mind when reading this post: 1) Maybe your D-line isn't quite as impressive as you think. The D has given up an average of 330 yards rushing per game against the two option teams they've played. 2) JJ started against Citadel and Samford. Between those two schools, their defenses have a total of 27 sacks and 14 interceptions for the season. GSU has 19 sacks (14.5 of those coming from the DL) and 11 interceptions.

Don't you just love stats? Don't really mean much in rivalry games, but the make for great conversation between fans.

Gotta remember the original post I was replying to lumped JJ in with our total INT's on the year, not the one he threw.

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 03:21 PM
We'll be there, not sure exactly what we're doing about parking since we don't have our own parking deck yet.

On a side note, I really expected this thread to get much more out of hand given the mutual animosity between the teams. Seems to be a testament to the respect given to each other on the magnitude of a win for either team. Is ASU's newfound offense for real? Is GSU for real? Looking at common opponents it would suggest that it will be a tight one unless some key plays turn the result one way or the other. Should be a great one!

Well, if you want to stop by for a brewski, you know you're welcome to. We're on the third floor of MY deck. You know the get up, so just look for us...or text me and I'll let you know for sure where we are.

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Whoever said anything about emulating G-W?

Probably the same person that said anything in this thread about emulating ECU. I figure what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

straightshooter
October 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Gotta remember the original post I was replying to lumped JJ in with our total INT's on the year, not the one he threw.

My comment had nothing to do with JJ's performance so far. I was merely making a comparison between the defenses he had faced and the one he will face Saturday.

Apphole
October 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
My comment had nothing to do with JJ's performance so far. I was merely making a comparison between the defenses he had faced and the one he will face Saturday.

Oh you mean the D with inflated numbers because of the concentration of weak conference teams in the first half of their scedual?

blueballs
October 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Oh you mean the D with inflated numbers because of the concentration of weak conference teams in the first half of their scedual?

Yes, the one that has won all the games on their schedule... and wouldn't that be deflated numbers?

Skjellyfetti
October 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Yes, the one that has won all the games on their schedule... and wouldn't that be deflated numbers?

And still has to play App, Wofford, and Alabama. Three toughest games still to go. Just getting into the meat of your schedule. That's why some might not take your statistical advantages too seriously yet.

asumike83
October 27th, 2011, 05:06 PM

As I have stated before, you cannot argue with 7-0. They have played who was on their schedule (5 of which are SoCon teams they have to play) and won every game. However, GSU's schedule is pretty heavily back-loaded, just as ours was last year when we started 8-0. There are a LOT of things that scare me about GSU but the 7-0 record is not one of them because I am pretty confident ASU would be 7-0 to this point with that schedule as well.

Going to be one hell of a game on Saturday, a real measuring stick for both teams.

Baldy
October 27th, 2011, 06:21 PM
And still has to play App, Wofford, and Alabama. Three toughest games still to go. Just getting into the meat of your schedule. That's why some might not take your statistical advantages too seriously yet.

Alabama aside, that still remains to be seen. Wofford lost to a team we beat by 4+ TD's, and your offense only had one distant sniff of the endzone against Chatty.

With that said, just like almost every other year, records and stats don't mean a thing in this game.

boonegoon
October 27th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Alabama aside, that still remains to be seen. Wofford lost to a team we beat by 4+ TD's, and your offense only had one distant sniff of the endzone against Chatty.

With that said, just like almost every other year, records and stats don't mean a thing in this game.

I would like to think that a fan of a team that started 4-4 last year and turned it into a deep playoff run would understand how much things can change.
I mean, dang, our starting qb is now our starting cb.

james_lawfirm
October 27th, 2011, 06:40 PM

I completely agree. So much so that should the fates allow & we happen to run into you tomorrow or Sat., I will buy you a beer. Just one.

Records & stats are truly meaningless come Saturday. There will be only one meaningful stat - the scoreboard.

GSU EAGLES
October 27th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Less than 48 hours before you ladies get to scrape you A$$ off of your own field! 6>3

Horseshoe App
October 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Less than 48 hours before you ladies get to scrape you A$$ off of your own field! 6>3

Big talk for a team that has not won a conference championship in how long? 6 is greater than 3, but what have you done lately? Keep talking. Crow taste pretty bad.

james_lawfirm
October 27th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Is there any point in playing this game?

Apphole
October 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM

You ready for your eaglets to get twat stomped in front of over 30 thousand people? KBS puts Paulson to shame. Erk Russel is a BlTCH

proasu89
October 27th, 2011, 08:46 PM
You ready for your eaglets to get twat stomped in front of over 30 thousand people? KBS puts Paulson to shame. Erk Russel is a BlTCH

That ought to get things goingxlolx 100 pages here we come!

GaSouthern
October 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow at 3 and I can't tell you how excited to see the atmosphere in KBS

GSU EAGLES
October 27th, 2011, 09:01 PM
All I know is the only thing that may stop the 2011 Georgia Southern freight train is Mother Nature. Yosef better get on his knees tomorrow night and beg Mother Nature to unleash her January best. Sorry guys, that is the only chance you have. Not trying to be cocky or anything... just presenting the facts as any realistic and impartial person would clearly see them.

GaSouthern
October 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Big talk for a team that has not won a conference championship in how long? 6 is greater than 3, but what have you done lately? Keep talking. Crow taste pretty bad.

I've been stockpiling it since 2006, i'm well aware :D

Skjellyfetti
October 27th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Will be watching to see if the SoCon refs flag Georgia Southern for holding at all.

So far our Southern conference opponents have not been flagged for an offensive hold all year. xrolleyesx

straightshooter
October 27th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Will be watching to see if the SoCon refs flag Georgia Southern for holding at all.

So far our Southern conference opponents have not been flagged for an offensive hold all year. xrolleyesx

Not worried so much about holding. GSU players will be too busy cutting the legs out from under the App defenders to hold them. Hope they're ready for it.

ASUMountaineer
October 27th, 2011, 10:52 PM
All I know is the only thing that may stop the 2011 Georgia Southern freight train is Mother Nature. Yosef better get on his knees tomorrow night and beg Mother Nature to unleash her January best. Sorry guys, that is the only chance you have. Not trying to be cocky or anything... just presenting the facts as any realistic and impartial person would clearly see them.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

hippy@GSU
October 28th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I had to wipe the dust off of my account for this thread... ha!

Yeah, I'm not worried about weather conditions at the game as much as I am at my campsite. My roommate and I thought it'd be a good idea to camp in tents at Flintlock Campground friday and saturday night (Broke college students). Since we do a lot of hiking, we're used to the weather, but it certainly isn't going to be pleasant. So... Drop by lot 5 and say hi!

And Jerry Moore bare asses cypress knees in his spare time... xlolx

By the way, I hope you App fans don't mind me driving this work of art through the Boone city limits:
http://i.imgur.com/ZTp9v.jpg

seantaylor
October 28th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Jackson isn't a running QB. One of the slowest QB's we've faced this year. We have trouble with the quick passes more than any kind of run. We'll shut the run down, but need to get constant pressure to 3 step drops.

james_lawfirm
October 28th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Jackson isn't a running QB. One of the slowest QB's we've faced this year. We have trouble with the quick passes more than any kind of run. We'll shut the run down, but need to get constant pressure to 3 step drops.

Slowest? I think you may be surprised.

Saint3333
October 28th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Jackson looks slow due to his length, but he runs a 4.7 40.

Baldy
October 28th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Slowest? I think you may be surprised.

Pay no attention to the king of gross miscalculation and hyperbole. I very seriously doubt he has ever seen Jackson play.

GaSouthern
October 28th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Please ban yourself

AshevilleApp2
October 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I won't be around a computer tomorrow, so here's wishing health to both teams.

With a Mountaineer win of course. xnodx

Hoping to meet a GSU folk or two as well.

GaSouthern
October 28th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I can't believe that tomorrow i'll be in KBS! I'm very excited to see my first game there after all of the picutres of expansion i've seen i'm really looking forward to it!

AppStsGr8
October 28th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I can't believe that tomorrow i'll be in KBS! I'm very excited to see my first game there after all of the picutres of expansion i've seen i'm really looking forward to it!

Travel safely. I hope we all get to see an instant classic. Go App!

ASUG8
October 28th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Looking a little nasty up there right now - I'm not sure what these conditions with a high Saturday of 41* will do for hanging on to the ball.

http://booneweather.com/webcams/Boone+Street+Cam/105+East

GlassOnion
October 28th, 2011, 08:28 AM

Indeed. As slow as Richie Williams.

asknoquarter21
October 28th, 2011, 08:38 AM

Aside from the beginning of your statement that just looks to be trolling in it's weakest form I actually agree with you.

We need to get the ball to Quick and Jordan early on in the game.

ASU has a size advantage over the GSU secondary that they need to capitalize on. I am expecting a lot of quick routes and bubble screens to attack the edges.

Apphole
October 28th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Jamal Jackson=Cam Newton. Although JJ has never stolen a laptop

asumike83
October 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM
From booneweather.com:
Saturday
Hi: 41 Lo: 29
AM snow showers & flurries; Decreasing PM clouds & cold; Hard freeze Saturday night; NW wind 10-20 mph & gusty

Hard to predict the weather up there but it is close enough to the weekend that the forecast is about as accurate as it's going to get. Sounds like football weather to me!

straightshooter
October 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Looks to me like it's been in the 60s and 70s for afternoon highs in Boone most of the month of October, so it's not like the Mountaineers have been practicing in the cold. Been pretty much the same in Statesboro throughout the month too, so the cold tomorrow will be a bit of a shock to both teams - more so GSU since mornings and evenings in Boone are cooler than in Statesboro. The temperature for the W&M game in 2010 was around 40, and most of the GSU players handled that with no problem.

asumike83
October 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Looks to me like it's been in the 60s and 70s for afternoon highs in Boone most of the month of October, so it's not like the Mountaineers have been practicing in the cold. Been pretty much the same in Statesboro throughout the month too, so the cold tomorrow will be a bit of a shock to both teams - more so GSU since mornings and evenings in Boone are cooler than in Statesboro. The temperature for the W&M game in 2010 was around 40, and most of the GSU players handled that with no problem.

With as amped up as these guys will be, the adrenaline will be flowing and I seriously doubt the cold will affect either team. If it is wet out there, different story.

Waco Kid
October 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Yeah, I'm not worried about weather conditions at the game as much as I am at my campsite. My roommate and I thought it'd be a good idea to camp in tents at Flintlock Campground friday and saturday night (Broke college students). Since we do a lot of hiking, we're used to the weather, but it certainly isn't going to be pleasant. So... Drop by lot 5 and say hi!

By the way, I hope you App fans don't mind me driving this work of art through the Boone city limits:

Nice white walls.

SideLine Shooter
October 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM

That may be the ugliest POS I have ever seen!!!

straightshooter
October 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Can you imagine that thing parading the streets of Boone - horn blaring - after GSU wins tomorrow?

Apphole
October 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM
There are 20+ App vehicles that put that POS to shame. And I have a feeling we will be throwing a goal post through the team's bus.

asumike83
October 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Can you imagine that thing parading the streets of Boone - horn blaring - after GSU wins tomorrow?

A functioning horn might be a lofty assumption! :D

introvertedGSUfan
October 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
There are 20+ App vehicles that put that POS to shame. And I have a feeling we will be throwing a goal post through the team's bus.

Stay classy App.

ASUG8
October 28th, 2011, 10:02 AM

That's a fine looking vehicle - likely the pride of Statesboro.

Baldy
October 28th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Jamal Jackson=Cam Newton. Although JJ has never stolen a laptop

That would mean JJ > AE.

Very interesting. xchinscratchx

SideLine Shooter
October 28th, 2011, 10:28 AM

I seriously doubt that it can make it up the hill to Boone.

james_lawfirm
October 28th, 2011, 11:04 AM

SideLine:

I am surprised (well, actually I'm not) that no GaSo fan has commented on your avatar (or whatever one calls the photo at the bottom of your posts). I was at the game in Boone that AE did that to Covington (must have been 2009??) & saw it from my seat in the West stands. It happened quickly, but that photo is PRICELESS! Pretty much summed up that game too.

CropDuster
October 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
SideLine:

I am surprised (well, actually I'm not) that no GaSo fan has commented on your avatar (or whatever one calls the photo at the bottom of your posts). I was at the game in Boone that AE did that to Covington (must have been 2009??) & saw it from my seat in the West stands. It happened quickly, but that photo is PRICELESS! Pretty much summed up that game too.

That's Chris Rogers, and that was 2008.

This was Chris Covington

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/TigerII/gsukillAE.gif

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/omgwtf_eyes.gif

hippy@GSU
October 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM
She's a beaut, eh? She purrs like a kitten and floats like a cadillac.

I have my doubts as well. However, after making a few modifications to its nuclear reactor I'm confident that I have all of the bugs worked out.

CC Eagle
October 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I have my doubts as well. However, after making a few modifications to its nuclear reactor I'm confident that I have all of the bugs worked out.

1.21 giggawatts!!!!

asucrutch23
October 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM

Yep, I thought it was Covington as well, but it was Rogers. Go to 26:53 of this video (http://vimeo.com/3976961). 26:45-31:05 is the best part :D

StorminASU
October 28th, 2011, 12:57 PM
http://weather.appstate.edu/cam/

Here's a live feed of weather on campus for everyone making the trip, or wondering what it's like. Here's a backup too.

http://booneweather.com/webcams/Boone+Street+Cam/321+North

biggie
October 28th, 2011, 01:46 PM
http://weather.appstate.edu/cam/
Since its here, anyone know what the building with the crane is? New dorm, renov a dorm? Just haven't walked over there yet to see.

eaglewraith
October 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
SideLine:

This was Chris Covington

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/TigerII/gsukillAE.gif

Ignoring the fact that it's a blatant penalty on AE, Rogers still drug his *** down.

CC Eagle
October 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Since its here, anyone know what the building with the crane is? New dorm, renov a dorm? Just haven't walked over there yet to see.

Just some early preparations for a future project.

The Eagles put a crack in The Rock in 2007. Tomorrow, they're going to tear the whole f***ing thing down :D

StorminASU
October 28th, 2011, 02:08 PM

Not much help, but I know it's another one of the dorm renovations on the East side that they've been doing. It's completely gutted just like the ones in past years.

Just some early preparations for a future project.

The Eagles put a crack in The Rock in 2007. Tomorrow, they're going to tear the whole f***ing thing down :D

They actually fixed that crack the Eagle's put in it the year before last. Continuing with the construction analogy ;) ; after this Saturday, we might consider making additions to it.

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Ignoring the fact that it's a blatant penalty on AE, Rogers still drug his *** down.

No he didn't. AE rode the stiff arm for 5-7 yards until he went out of bounds.

And, while we're posting Armanti .gif's... here's a couple more.

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/mrskjellyfetti/sting1.gif

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/mrskjellyfetti/float1.gif

eaglewraith
October 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
And, while we're posting Armanti .gif's... here's a couple more.

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/mrskjellyfetti/sting1.gif

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo294/mrskjellyfetti/float1.gif

I'll give AE credit on that first one. However the defender was also using poor technique. I hate seeing that crap.

And that last one wasn't a touchdown.

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM

You're crazy. Clear touchdown. xrolleyesx xlolx

eaglewraith
October 28th, 2011, 02:31 PM
You're crazy. Clear touchdown. xrolleyesx xlolx

Yea...No.

Eagle16
October 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Still rubbing one out for AE, huh? ...and you say we live in the past...

asknoquarter21
October 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'll give AE credit on that first one. However the defender was also using poor technique. I hate seeing that crap.

In american football a touchdown is when the ball goes over the white line marking the endzone. If you watch the video his feet MIGHT have been the only thing to not cross the endzone.

Touchdown

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Was a response to the guy posting a .gif of someone tackling AE.

Waco Kid
October 28th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Not much help, but I know it's another one of the dorm renovations on the East side that they've been doing. It's completely gutted just like the ones in past years.

They actually fixed that crack the Eagle's put in it the year before last. Continuing with the construction analogy ;) ; after this Saturday, we might consider making additions to it.

That is actually a new dorm being built on the site of old Coffey dorm beside the Student Union. This new dorm will be connected to the student union. Here is a brief description from the Design and Construction site:

Addition to Plemmons Student Union, New Residence Hall and Leadership Annex
Construction is well underway for these new facilities. Phase III work, which is the bulk of the project, began on March 14, 2011, according to schedule. The residence hall work is scheduled to be completed by Summer 2012, while the Student Union addition will be completed Fall 2012.

CropDuster
October 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Was a response to the guy posting a .gif of someone tackling AE.

Your fan brought it up to start with. Too bad for APP AE isn't on the team anymore, and Covington was pretty much the only guy I ever saw that could hang with AE in '07 and '08. Not bad for the guy that led the Eagles in rushing in '06.

T-Dog
October 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I think it was a TD

http://gsufans.com/images/asu08.jpg

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 28th, 2011, 04:07 PM
If we wear those ****ing blue pants tomorrow I am turning the game off and watching Georgia-Florida. xnonono2x

CC Eagle
October 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I think it was a TD

http://gsufans.com/images/asu08.jpg

Inconclusive at best. If he had been ruled down at the inch line, no way this picture or any video would have overturned it... Not that it matters anymore.

If only GSU would have known that the '08 game would end in disaster despite getting the key saftey. It would have been funny as all hell to see the four guys that picked up AE two yards deep in his own end zone and run him clear into the tailgate lot.

Not a knock on App in particular since plenty of teams do it, but I just don't get these teams that refuse to ever get under center - no matter the situation. The only thing that could have saved GSU in that game was to get a safety and App helped us out by not getting under center and falling forward, taking a safety out of the equation.

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, that picture is inconclusive. However... he's still going forward there. At his furthest extension he is more than perpendicular to the ground. That ref has the best view in the house... and it's not like the ball is obscured or anything. It's a clear TD.

If you want the best look at it... go to www.playattherock.com. Scroll through the videos until you come to the Georgia Southern 2008 game. The best angle for that play is about at the 2:40 mark.

It's a touchdown. No question.

This is the best still frame I could get out of it:
http://oi42.tinypic.com/i59mpd.jpg

eaglewraith
October 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah, that picture is inconclusive. However... he's still going forward there. At his furthest extension he is more than perpendicular to the ground. That ref has the best view in the house... and it's not like the ball is obscured or anything. It's a clear TD.

If you want the best look at it... go to www.playattherock.com. Scroll through the videos until you come to the Georgia Southern 2008 game. The best angle for that play is about at the 2:40 mark.

Still inconclusive. You see, I know they don't have this in mountain math, but there's these things called angles that can greatly skew your perception.

No TD.

Also nice Paint job there.

Skjellyfetti
October 28th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Still inconclusive. You see, I know they don't have this in mountain math, but there's these things called angles that can greatly skew your perception.

Well, you see. As the videographer is standing in the endzone... the angle makes the ball appear further from the endzone than it is. So, if anything... the angle is hurting our case and not yours.

Baldy
October 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Only if his arms are 10 feet long.

They aren't.

eaglewraith
October 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well, you see. As the videographer is standing in the endzone... the angle makes the ball appear further from the endzone than it is. So, if anything... the angle is hurting our case and not yours.

It's inconclusive. From all of the angles I've seen in the 3 years since that game, it was not a TD.

In the end it doesn't matter (although...no it wasn't a TD). Our team's mismanagement of the last series after the safety lost us this game. We should have just run some stuff up the middle and went for the FG and took it home, however Hatcher wanted to go for it. He was crucified when playing it safe against Furman the year prior and didn't want to make that same decision I guess.

GlassOnion
October 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM

No TD.

Also nice Paint job there.

Mathematically, the angle shown would actually make it seem FURTHER from the goal line.

Horseshoe App
October 28th, 2011, 05:29 PM

Coming from the fan base who talk about their 6 championships with the last one in 2000. If the game is as fun as our stupid badgering of each other, it will be a heck of a game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 28th, 2011, 05:44 PM
It's inconclusive. From all of the angles I've seen in the 3 years since that game, it was not a TD.

In the end it doesn't matter (although...no it wasn't a TD). Our team's mismanagement of the last series after the safety lost us this game. We should have just run some stuff up the middle and went for the FG and took it home, however Hatcher wanted to go for it. He was crucified when playing it safe against Furman the year prior and didn't want to make that same decision I guess.

Yup. It was unbelievable how many breaks we got at the very end of that game. The last 5 minutes or so of that game was like a game within a game...

1. We had App. on a 4th and 5 on that drive and if we had stopped them we would have won. Armanti throws it off his back foot while he's on the run and Coco Hillary Catches it and converts it. App scores and goes up 37-34.

2. GSU gets the ball with about 2 and a half minutes left. GSU converts a LONG pass and gets to the App. State 15. Then App. intercepts the ball on the goal line.

3. Game should have been over, but GSU gets a safety and gets the ball back with 1:27 left.

4. GSU's Terrence Hall juggles and drops a pass that would have been a touchdown.

5. GSU completes another long pass on 4th and 5. Antonio Henton commits a blatant intentional grounding and probably takes us out of field goal range. App. picks it off. Game over.

Didn't deserve to win that one.

Baldy
October 28th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Your fan brought it up to start with. Too bad for APP AE isn't on the team anymore, and Covington was pretty much the only guy I ever saw that could hang with AE in '07 and '08. Not bad for the guy that led the Eagles in rushing in '06.
True. It's a shame they only faced each other once, but Mohring made Armanti his BIT(H in 2006. xnodx

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2011, 06:42 PM
SNOW ON THE GROUND TOMORROW, GSU AINT KNOW WHAT COMIN DEY SCARED I CAN HEAR IT DEY SCARED I CAN HEAR IT ASU DO SOMETHIN CRAZY GON BE A PARTY DOWN IN BOONE TOMORROW WE GON BE BALLIN TILL WE GON FALL BUT WE AINT GON FALL CAUSE WE'RE ASU

eaglesrback
October 28th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Tomorrow, There will be no question! GEORGIA SOUTHERN DOMINATION!

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
HIT EM IN DA MOUTH KIMBROUGH, HIT EM IN DA MOUTH

Baldy
October 28th, 2011, 07:11 PM
SNOW ON THE GROUND TOMORROW, GSU AINT KNOW WHAT COMIN DEY SCARED I CAN HEAR IT DEY SCARED I CAN HEAR IT ASU DO SOMETHIN CRAZY GON BE A PARTY DOWN IN BOONE TOMORROW WE GON BE BALLIN TILL WE GON FALL BUT WE AINT GON FALL CAUSE WE'RE ASU

Hmmmmm....lemme guess, Appy State English major?

AppStsGr8
October 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hmmmmm....lemme guess, Appy State English major?

No ... just a goofball. I think this guy must be friends with seantaylor and chattownmocs.

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Hmmmmm....lemme guess, Appy State English major?No, I'm still in high school

GSU EAGLES
October 28th, 2011, 08:18 PM
http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/discoverys-new-series-tackle-moonshiners-and-mountain-men-25911

App State finally get their own Discovery Channel show? This should be interesting.

http://www.library.appstate.edu/appcoll/filmography.html

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2011, 08:21 PM
"Alaskan mountain men"

Stopped reading here

app09state
October 29th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Yea...No.

Pretty witty comeback man.

app09state
October 29th, 2011, 12:32 AM
By the way, I hope you App fans don't mind me driving this work of art through the Boone city limits

No problem at all. But just so you know, we have got about 4, on average, giant buses here decked out in App stuff so don't think that really intimidates us.

app09state
October 29th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by seantaylor

Indeed. As slow as Richie Williams.

Love the comeback. Short, sweet, and 100% true

seantaylor
October 29th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Please ban yourself

Okay, rube.

ASU_Fanatic
October 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Gameday

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Pretty witty comeback man.

Trollolololol?

GSU1-A
October 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM
ESPN gameday bet of the week- Fowler ask the guys for $100 who is playing in the FCS today #2 at #4.... Guys are clueless but Herbstreet does mention Georgia Southern and Appy State...

AppMAN04
October 29th, 2011, 11:15 AM
ESPN gameday bet of the week- Fowler ask the guys for $100 who is playing in the FCS today #2 at #4.... Guys are clueless but Herbstreet does mention Georgia Southern and Appy State...

Yeah I did see that.. pretty cool

Its snow flurries in Boone

GOOOOO APPPS!

GSUsTALON
October 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Appalachian State Science Department head researcher Jethro Headgiver breaks into Georgia Southern research lab and absconds with Meat Goat.

He was caught at the Georgia / South Carolina border as he tried to run the agricultural interstate station. When questioned Jethro Headgiver wept as he stated “The G.D. Stink were going to release this critter in our stadium to disrupt our teams focus. How can you think about a game when you have this lusty critter roaming the sidelines?

http://zionstrumpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/1-11-11-muslim-and-his-goat-lover-PDJ_11_6.jpg

Saint3333
October 29th, 2011, 07:21 PM
That is easy to type, but say this out loud: GSU will single cover Brian Quick on Saturday.

Now think about how STUPID that sounded.

Trust me your coaching staff will have a safety over the top 80+% of the time on Quick.

I would like to thank the GSU staff for attempting to cover Quick one on one about 35% of the game, good move.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I would like to thank the GSU staff for attempting to cover Quick one on one about 35% of the game, good move.

Sad thing is there were 2 guys covering him on that pass right before the half.

Also that last TD was incomplete, the refs just missed it.

pbr1893
October 29th, 2011, 10:50 PM
you lost...move on!

Skjellyfetti
October 29th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Sad thing is there were 2 guys covering him on that pass right before the half.

Also that last TD was incomplete, the refs just missed it.

Oh nice. You'll be whining about that call for years like Armanit's Superman flight into the endzone in Statesboro... won't you? xrolleyesxxlolx

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Oh nice. You'll be whining about that call for years like Armanit's Superman flight into the endzone in Statesboro... won't you? xrolleyesxxlolx

I'm willing to concede that Armanti got that TD by the skin of the leather on the ball. Quick however did not score. Period.

Thefootballfan
October 29th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm willing to concede that Armanti got that TD by the skin of the leather on the ball. Quick however did not score. Period.

Your service academy playbook and K mart uniforms have gone as far as they are going. It is not possible to win a conference championship with a 1970's offense.....
much less a national championship. All GSU needs is Joe Pa. Then you could both fantasize about things that will never happen.
Da boro boys days are over.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Your service academy playbook and K mart uniforms have gone as far as they are going. It is not possible to win a conference championship with a 1970's offense.....
much less a national championship. All GSU needs is Joe Pa. Then you could both fantasize about things that will never happen.
Da boro boys days are over.

That what you said when we beat you last year and when we made it further in the playoffs than you?

App executed better than us today pure and simple. Throw in some inept refs and you have what happened today.

If we meet each other again this year I don't expect App to duplicate this result.

Apphole
October 29th, 2011, 11:48 PM
GSU fans sure are good at loser talk. "they executed better" "bad refs" ect.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2011, 11:57 PM
GSU fans sure are good at loser talk. "they executed better" "bad refs" ect.

Sounds a lot like what came out of App fans after the Wofford loss.

ASU_Fanatic
October 30th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Complaining about the refs when there was 1 call on GaSo all day...failing to mention that horrible pass interference call which gave GaSo another chance...we deserved to win.

AppMan
October 30th, 2011, 06:58 AM

Watch the tape. He had possession of it. TD! Your team had other opportunities to score and couldn't get it done. Be a man and face the fact your unstoppable team got whipped.

AppMan
October 30th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Tomorrow, There will be no question! GEORGIA SOUTHERN DOMINATION!

"The Mountaineers held Georgia Southern — the NCAA Division I FCS leader in scoring (44.6 points per game) and rushing (369.7 yards per game) coming in — to just 17 points, 135 rushing yards and 201 yards of total offense, 286 fewer than the 487.3 yards per game it rolled up en route to its 7-0 start. In addition to holding the Eagles to 234 yards below their season rushing average, the Mountaineers also wreaked havoc on GSU’s passing game. Georgia Southern attempted just 11 passes but completed only four with Appalachian either breaking up or intercepting the other seven. Brown paced Georgia Southern’s paltry offense with 47 yards on 15 carries while Jerick McKinnon and Shaw chipped in with 40 and 37 yards on the ground, respectively. ASU turned away Georgia Southern on all four of its fourth-down attempts and limited GSU to just 4-of-13 on third downs. ASU piled up 320 yards of offense, with 15 first downs and was 6 of 15 on third down conversions."

Nice job of dominating!

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Watch the tape. He had possession of it. TD! Your team had other opportunities to score and couldn't get it done. Be a man and face the fact your unstoppable team got whipped.

Yea I watched it. He did not have possession until he was out of bounds. Doesn't matter if you have one foot down if you're still bobbling it. Even the announcers said it wasn't a touchdown. You're just being a blind homer now.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Everytime we when an epic game in the confines of Kidd Brewer Stadium... everyone complains about bad luck, misfortune, etc. etc.

It's Kidd Brewer Mojo. Deal with it. And stop being a whiny little *****.

SideLine Shooter
October 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
"The Mountaineers held Georgia Southern — the NCAA Division I FCS leader in scoring (44.6 points per game) and rushing (369.7 yards per game) coming in — to just 17 points, 135 rushing yards and 201 yards of total offense, 286 fewer than the 487.3 yards per game it rolled up en route to its 7-0 start. In addition to holding the Eagles to 234 yards below their season rushing average, the Mountaineers also wreaked havoc on GSU’s passing game. Georgia Southern attempted just 11 passes but completed only four with Appalachian either breaking up or intercepting the other seven. Brown paced Georgia Southern’s paltry offense with 47 yards on 15 carries while Jerick McKinnon and Shaw chipped in with 40 and 37 yards on the ground, respectively. ASU turned away Georgia Southern on all four of its fourth-down attempts and limited GSU to just 4-of-13 on third downs. ASU piled up 320 yards of offense, with 15 first downs and was 6 of 15 on third down conversions."

Nice job of dominating!

AppMan, do you think you will ever get any of those "Blind Homers" from "the stink" to admit that they were beat by a better team yesterday? Those stats you just posted told the whole story, GSU could not get it done.

SideLine Shooter
October 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM
That what you said when we beat you last year and when we made it further in the playoffs than you?

App executed better than us today pure and simple. Throw in some inept refs and you have what happened today.

If we meet each other again this year I don't expect App to duplicate this result.

If?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM

Nice job of dominating!

Not bad even considering we only played one half of offense.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Not bad even considering we only played one half of offense.

So did we. :D

gasoutherneagle
October 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
No excuses. We blew it. Time to work on bouncing back next week and whuppin' up on *****adel.

All my best to CrAppy State the rest of the regular season. I'm looking forward to our rematch in the playoffs.

Moving on.

boonegoon
October 30th, 2011, 09:35 AM
No excuses. We blew it. Time to work on bouncing back next week and whuppin' up on *****adel.

All my best to CrAppy State the rest of the regular season. I'm looking forward to our rematch in the playoffs.

Moving on.

Thanks. I really hope you guys win out and we can see each other in Frisco!

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM
If?

You as well as anyone should know that the playoffs are a different animal. We're both going to make it in, no guarantees both of us make it to a rematch.

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
AppMan, do you think you will ever get any of those "Blind Homers" from "the stink" to admit that they were beat by a better team yesterday? Those stats you just posted told the whole story, GSU could not get it done.

We got whipped on both sides of the ball, although barring a couple of coverage breakdowns our defense did a really good job against a resurgent App offense.

Our offense got manhandled and our crappy perimeter blocking made it that much easier for your fast defense to swarm the edge and swallow up any plays that went that way.

However, that "touchdown" wasn't real. Everyone with 2 functioning eyes and an understanding of the rule book will tell you the same.

If we'd gotten things done when we were on the goal lines we'd be talking about a different result. However, as ****ty as we played, we were still in a position to win that game. App played the best game of their season yesterday.

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Everytime we when an epic game in the confines of Kidd Brewer Stadium... everyone complains about bad luck, misfortune, etc. etc.

It's Kidd Brewer Mojo. Deal with it. And stop being a whiny little *****.

Just like ya'll complained about the refs giving a "horrible" spot on that AE 4th down run in 2007 when we cracked The Rock.

Unfortunately as long as we have ****ty Socon refs, these kinds of complaints will persist.

firemoose
October 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I've never posted on this board before but have been reading for a while. I just wanted to drop my 2 cents. GSU is a great team as is APP. We've both had ups and downs and it was a hard fought game yesterday. I understand the GSU fans being upset about the Quick TD call but I want to remind you of one thing that doesn't seem to be talked about. There was another blown call that went GSU's way that would have made the Quick TD matter not. Brown fumbled on that 4th down play just past midfield and it was picked up by, I believe, Justin Lloyd. He had a clear shot at the endzone and plenty of blockers so unless a blade of turf tripped him up he would have scored. Blown calls were made that helped both sides yesterday. The fact is ASU outplayed GSU most of yesterday. Only time will tell if we meet again and who will win. Congrats to both teams and it wouldn't bother me to see an all SoCon final in Texas.

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 12:42 PM
It wasn't just the horrendous TD call; there were back to back missed holding penalties that set up the ASU score. When a receiver grabs the back of a defensive player's jersey, pulls him away from making a tackle, and then stands still and holds his hands up in the universal "oh no, I messed up" signal, there shouldn't be any doubt that a foul has occurred. I know that people love to blame the refs, but yesterday's game was laughable.

Saint3333
October 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
New flash - SoCon officials are not very good.

In other news ASU's defense holds GSU's offense to 135 rushing yards, this is why ASU won the game.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I know that people love to blame the refs

I've definitely learned that Georgia Southern fans love to blame the refs.

SideLine Shooter
October 30th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I've definitely learned that Georgia Southern fans love to blame the refs.

xoutofrepx

Exactly, they don't make mistakes and nobody is as good as they are!!!!

asumike83
October 30th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Although there were horrible calls each way as there usually are with SoCon refs, officiating did not win or lose this game. ASU outplayed GSU and deserved to win. End of story.

BigApp
October 30th, 2011, 01:47 PM
It wasn't just the horrendous TD call... but yesterday's game was laughable.

I know right! xlolx

Like the 3rd down "Pass Interference" call on your sideline where the ball was thrown 10 yards over your receivers' head and 10 yards out of bounds, giving you a first down?

xstfux

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I know right! xlolx

Like the 3rd down "Pass Interference" call on your sideline where the ball was thrown 10 yards over your receivers' head and 10 yards out of bounds, giving you a first down?

xstfux

The interference occurred before the ball was in the air, so an uncatchable ruling does not apply.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM
The interference occurred before the ball was in the air, so an uncatchable ruling does not apply.

If the ball wasn't in the air it wouldn't have been interference

Defensive pass interference occurs only after a legal forward pass is thrown.

It would have been illegal contact. They called pass interference.

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 02:17 PM
If the ball wasn't in the air it wouldn't have been interference

It would have been illegal contact. They called pass interference.

So we can agree that, no matter what, our officials suck xsmiley_wix

GSU EAGLES
October 30th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Time for GSU and App to move up to FBS where they have real referees and instant replay.

Boots
October 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM
App. State won the game. Their defensive play was very good. Hats off to App. state and their coaches. We'll find out Saturday and beyond if we are able to learn from our mistakes. Two great head coaches...two great teams...great fan support...great rivalry. You definitely get your money's worth when these two teams play each other.

Rekdiver
October 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
GSU brought more fans than I expected. Maybe 500?

SideLine Shooter
October 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM

I was really surprised. I think Chatty brought more than GSU.

Mountaineer
October 30th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Far less than the thousands they were saying would come, but still a good amount. They filled up a couple sections (which can't be said of other visiting SoCon schools), and were loud when opportunity called.

Saw plenty of chatting and hand shakes between both groups after the game. The way it should be. xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2011, 08:24 PM
New flash - SoCon officials are not very good.

In other news ASU's defense holds GSU's offense to 135 rushing yards, this is why ASU won the game.

Yep, story of the game right there, in my view nothing more needs to be said.

SideLine Shooter
October 30th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Link to ASU-GSU game photos.

http://sidelineshooter.smugmug.com/Sports/ASU-2011-Season/ASU-vs-Georgia-Southern/19813170_D8GtK5#1557327287_6tbcDcn

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Far less than the thousands they were saying would come, but still a good amount. They filled up a couple sections (which can't be said of other visiting SoCon schools), and were loud when opportunity called.

Saw plenty of chatting and hand shakes between both groups after the game. The way it should be. xthumbsupx

Well, just said nothing more needs to be said, but I have to thank you for being reasonable. We were frankly surprised by how much aluminum we could see on the home side above the student section, but it was cold and windy. Just didn't think that would be enough keep so many App State fans away. We were also surpised that it wasn't louder than it was. There were a few App State folks in section 210 that were ridiculous (one toned it down after my adult son asked him if he'd paid $32.00 to turn around and talk to us rather than watch a football game), but we had several more encounters with good sports. One in particular tracked us down as we were leaving, thanked us for coming and wished us well. We really enjoyed a post-game conversation with a young man who was a bartender at Char; said his name was Hennessey and claimed to have 6 SoCon/national championship rings. He was wearing one and had another on a chain around his neck. Anyway, I'm hoping for a rematch in the playoffs. If it happens I'll be there.

T-Dog
October 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Link to ASU-GSU game photos.

http://sidelineshooter.smugmug.com/Sports/ASU-2011-Season/ASU-vs-Georgia-Southern/19813170_D8GtK5#1557327287_6tbcDcn

http://sidelineshooter.smugmug.com/Sports/ASU-2011-Season/ASU-vs-Georgia-Southern/i-sDF3GxS/0/M/DSC0264-M.jpg

xsalutex

We really enjoyed a post-game conversation with a young man who was a bartender at Char; said his name was Hennessey and claimed to have 6 SoCon/national championship rings. He was wearing one and had another on a chain around his neck.

Yep, he's a former player. His bio is still up.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1546183

Mountaineer
October 30th, 2011, 08:47 PM
We were frankly surprised by how much aluminum we could see on the home side above the student section, but it was cold and windy. Just didn't think that would be enough keep so many App State fans away.

I think you're seeing the effect of the years wearing on after Michigan and Three Straight. The bandwagon is beginning to empty. For fans/students/alums of a university in the mountains, we wuss out when the weather turns. I thought it was a perfect day for football myself. xthumbsupx

We were also surprised that it wasn't louder than it was.

Now now, let's not get silly. :p My ears were ringing and voice was gone afterwards. It was plenty loud. Strangely, I do think the Nooga game a few weeks ago was louder.

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Now now, let's not get silly. :p My ears were ringing and voice was gone afterwards. It was plenty loud. Strangely, I do think the Nooga game a few weeks ago was louder.

Maybe it was because we were three rows from the top on the visitors' side and the sound was dissipating, but it truly didn't sound that loud up there.

Skjellyfetti
October 30th, 2011, 09:38 PM
We were frankly surprised by how much aluminum we could see on the home side above the student section, but it was cold and windy. Just didn't think that would be enough keep so many App State fans away.

Not much aluminum.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/1s189g.jpg

asucrutch23
October 30th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Not much aluminum.

It's also worth noting that this was App's first home game with over 30,000 in attendance this season (30,018) and the most since last year's Homecoming game vs. Elon (31,531). Glad to be on the good side of 30,000 again.

ASU_Fanatic
October 31st, 2011, 12:42 AM
I think you're seeing the effect of the years wearing on after Michigan and Three Straight. The bandwagon is beginning to empty. For fans/students/alums of a university in the mountains, we wuss out when the weather turns. I thought it was a perfect day for football myself. xthumbsupx

Now now, let's not get silly. :p My ears were ringing and voice was gone afterwards. It was plenty loud. Strangely, I do think the Nooga game a few weeks ago was louder.I don't, which side do you sit on? The PA music idea was the best thing we ever came up with, the students get so much more into it. They were jumping up and down the entire fourth quarter, the most alive I have ever seen them.

seantaylor
October 31st, 2011, 02:05 AM
Man, what an upsetting game. We did not look ready to play. I love Monken, but that was a terrible-coached game. I have no idea what we are doing on offense. This shotgun formation, to me, is ridiculous. Almost akin to putting Tom Brady in a double tight end, power I formation for 40% of the game. If that was the case, the Pats are picking in the top 7 of the draft. Not sure why we are messing with what has always worked for us.

QB is a big problem right now. We have the guy(s) to make our offense much better, but I think loyalty is coming into play. We are running a double option right now, because teams know Jaybo cannot beat them with his legs. Appy had two guys on the pitch because they knew a lineman or backside LB could run our QB down.

I feel sorry for El Chit. Monken will have the guys foaming at the mouth this week. I really want to see our backup QB's get a series with the starters just to see what we have. If they don't get it done, than so be it.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2011, 05:06 AM
Not much aluminum.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/1s189g.jpg

Yeah, I don't believe you could see it as well from an angle as a straight on view. Also, I'm not saying there were expanses of open space by any means, just that folks appeared to have plenty of space. And, sorry, if the stadium seating capacity is like 23,500 as I've read here, then I don't believe there were 6,500 more than that there at any point. No way of knowing, but that's my opinion based on my observation.

AppIAA
October 31st, 2011, 08:59 AM
It wasn't just the horrendous TD call; there were back to back missed holding penalties that set up the ASU score. When a receiver grabs the back of a defensive player's jersey, pulls him away from making a tackle, and then stands still and holds his hands up in the universal "oh no, I messed up" signal, there shouldn't be any doubt that a foul has occurred. I know that people love to blame the refs, but yesterday's game was laughable.

There were several holding penalties not called on both sides.. on the punt return for a GSU TD, there were 3 at one time right in front of the ref that were not called. Not to mention the late hit out of bounds which ultimately broke the leg (from what I heard from a trainer) of the GSU president that was not called. Or the pass interference in the 4th quarter on App when the ball almost hit the wall of the stands and was clearly uncatchable (let alone the WR was out of bounds and an ineligible wr).

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match, just pointing out bad calls were made on both sides. It is part of football and a win or loss can not be blamed on the refs (especially without any replay).

Now, if it was a blown call like the Syracuse "made" fg, then yes, you can say the refs blew the game -- but even then, there is no guarantee on what is going to happen next.

asumike83
October 31st, 2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I don't believe you could see it as well from an angle as a straight on view. Also, I'm not saying there were expanses of open space by any means, just that folks appeared to have plenty of space. And, sorry, if the stadium seating capacity is like 23,500 as I've read here, then I don't believe there were 6,500 more than that there at any point. No way of knowing, but that's my opinion based on my observation.

I agree. Paid attendance was 30K but I'd say the actual number in the stadium was more like 27K. We had more folks in the stands for Homecoming the week before. I think the rain and soggy lawn in the end zone kept some of the standing-room only crowd away.

Apphole
October 31st, 2011, 09:12 AM
I agree. Paid attendance was 30K but I'd say the actual number in the stadium was more like 27K. We had more folks in the stands for Homecoming the week before. I think the rain and soggy lawn in the end zone kept some of the standing-room only crowd away.

The Student section was at least 1.5X capacity.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2011, 09:33 AM

The Student section was at least 1.5X capacity.

Sorry to tell you asumike, but you are on exactly the same wavelength as an Eagle fan, at least on this matter :). I'm not questioning your statement, Apphole. As I said in my original statement about this, the vacant seats I saw were above the student section. Also the end zone seating had some vacant seats and the grassy area under the video board was by no means packed. Anyway, I apologize for going on about this, really doesn't matter to me what the attendance was, just stating the opinions that there were less than 30,000 actually there and the stadium was definitely at less than capacity.

Skjellyfetti
October 31st, 2011, 10:17 AM
the stadium was definitely at less than capacity.

Capacity is ~23k. You aren't saying you think there were less than 23k there are you?

asumike83
October 31st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Sorry to tell you asumike, but you are on exactly the same wavelength as an Eagle fan, at least on this matter :). I'm not questioning your statement, Apphole. As I said in my original statement about this, the vacant seats I saw were above the student section. Also the end zone seating had some vacant seats and the grassy area under the video board was by no means packed. Anyway, I apologize for going on about this, really doesn't matter to me what the attendance was, just stating the opinions that there were less than 30,000 actually there and the stadium was definitely at less than capacity.

Agreeing with the enemy?! xshhhx

Capacity is ~23k. You aren't saying you think there were less than 23k there are you?

I think he just meant there were a few empty seats in there, which is true. Not a whole lot of them but I think there were some season ticket holders who didn't make the trip up after looking at the forecast.

There were obviously enough standing-room folks that the attendance was well over 23K. Definitely not 30K there which was the paid attendance but I'd say somewhere between the paid attendance and seating capacity was the actual number.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM

No, by that I meant capacity as compared to the 31,500 or whatever the record is. I couldn't guess at all as to how many were on the visitors side, though there were a few empty seats in our immediate area. Having said that, and based on what I could see, and assuming that every seat on the visitors side was full (though I know that wasn't the case) and that those on the grass bank are not included in the 23,000 number, my estimate would be somewhere between 26,000 - 27,500.

Skjellyfetti
October 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM
And why exactly do you feel the need to nickpick about what you believe were 2.5k empty seats?

SideLine Shooter
October 31st, 2011, 10:54 AM
And why exactly do you feel the need to nickpick about what you believe were 2.5k empty seats?

It's the only thing he can do to feel better about himself. Some people just have to put other people down to make them feel good about their own pathetic position in life.

ASU_Fanatic
October 31st, 2011, 10:54 AM
And why exactly do you feel the need to nickpick about what you believe were 2.5k empty seats?Maybe he's mad that 27,000 is still 9,000 more than GaSo has at their games?

AshevilleApp2
October 31st, 2011, 11:11 AM
It's the only thing he can do to feel better about himself. Some people just have to put other people down to make them feel good about their own pathetic position in life.

Based on his posts, Eaglesrus seems like a good guy. Why do so many of we App fans get testy every time someone challenges our attendance numbers?

Skjellyfetti
October 31st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Based on his posts, Eaglesrus seems like a good guy. Why do so many of we App fans get testy every time someone challenges our attendance numbers?

Because it's obnoxious.

I thought at first he was saying there was some huge disparity between announced attendance and actual attendance. Now it appears he's nitpicking about a couple thousand. Yawn.

SideLine Shooter
October 31st, 2011, 11:26 AM

Some things need to be said.

ericsaid
October 31st, 2011, 11:47 AM
Did this game not remind anyone of the de facto Championship game at Elon in 09? Vaunted defense, high octane offense. App picks off Riddle three times and shuts them down for the first time that season. Exciting stuff.

asumike83
October 31st, 2011, 11:50 AM
I really had no problem with his Eaglesrus' posts, it was the same observation that I've heard several ASU folks make: there were not 30,000 people in the stands on Saturday. Doesn't really matter much but it is true.

eaglemachine
October 31st, 2011, 11:51 AM
I really had no problem with his Eaglesrus' posts, it was the same observation that I've heard several ASU folks make: there were not 30,000 people in the stands on Saturday. Doesn't really matter much but it is true.

From appfan.com

- The official attendance was 30,018, which was a very generous guesstimation. Tickets sold, maybe, but not tickets used. We’d guess about 27,000ish there.

asu70
October 31st, 2011, 12:17 PM
On the west side at any given time, 500 or more fans will be under the stands or in the lobby at the club level. Fans do like to get refreshments and go to the bathrooms... I've seen the same aluminum at GSU. I've only missed one App game in Statesboro over the years, and I've never heard your crowd come close to being as loud as this game. Just my opinion, and I'll respect your opinion, if you disagree.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM

Maybe he's mad that 27,000 is still 9,000 more than GaSo has at their games?

Thanks AshevilleApp2, wish I'd had the opportunity to meet you this weekend, maybe we could have had a rational conversation about all things ASU - GSU. Some of your fellow ASU fans are awfully touchy, and then there's Sideline Shooter's statement above, which is just dumb.

My comments started as just a statement that I thought that the actual attendance was less than the 30,018 announced that an ASU fan indicated he took to be the actual number there. I then proceeded to respond to other comments and questions, in fact saying in one that it doesn't matter to me. Seems to me that you folks who get so riled up about an opinion being stated that is contrary to your own about such a trivial matter need to get a life.

asu70
October 31st, 2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe it was because we were three rows from the top on the visitors' side and the sound was dissipating, but it truly didn't sound that loud up there.

Here's where you and I could agree, but you know that it has to be very loud when the opposing team's offense has to use hand signals to communicate the entire game. You maybe did not consider that in your original statement. As far as attendance, why would you even concern yourself with that statistic? I've only missed one of App's game in Statesboro and always checked the attendance, but never questioned the number let alone doing so on a messeage board. Imo, computing attendance is the home team's bussiness. I do know that there's a few GSU fans that seems to be very concerned with ASU's attendance figure.

asu70
October 31st, 2011, 01:41 PM
From appfan.com

- The official attendance was 30,018, which was a very generous guesstimation. Tickets sold, maybe, but not tickets used. We’d guess about 27,000ish there.

The key word there being guess.

eaglemachine
October 31st, 2011, 01:59 PM
The key word there being guess.

Not trying to start an argument but another keyword being appfan.com. Your own fansite is questioning the attendance numbers reported.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Here's where you and I could agree, but you know that it has to be very loud when the opposing team's offense has to use hand signals to communicate the entire game. You maybe did not consider that in your original statement. As far as attendance, why would you even concern yourself with that statistic? I've only missed one of App's game in Statesboro and always checked the attendance, but never questioned the number let alone doing so on a messeage board. Imo, computing attendance is the home team's bussiness. I do know that there's a few GSU fans that seems to be very concerned with ASU's attendance figure.

I'm not concerned with it, I just made a comment based on comments made by some ASU fans and it escalated from there. There are those that seemed very pleased with the thought that there were over 30,000 people there. If I had realized that they would be so hurt by me questioning that I probably wouldn't have said anything. As to the hand signals, I see our team doing that in every game, so no, I didn't consider the idea that they were doing that because of the noise.

asu70
October 31st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Not trying to start an argument but another keyword being appfan.com. Your own fansite is questioning the attendance numbers reported.

Not trying to start an argument, but I read the GSU message board, and your fansite is always questioning the attendance numbers reported. My point is....it's the home team's responsibility to report their attendance. Why should we as fans question that when we don't know all the facts as to how they obtain that figure. If I'm at a game in Statesboro, and they announce an attendance of 22,667, I know not the methods as to how they computed to come to that figure and frankly why should it be my concern to question that number?

AppAlum2003
October 31st, 2011, 02:21 PM
There were a lot of people at KBS on Saturday and it was pretty loud and pretty cold. Granted, not "Montana" loud and cold, but I digress...

You guys understand that we're sitting here arguing about whether there were 27,500 people or 30,000 people, right? It's like arguing about whether someones sweater is topaz or cyan. It's freakin' blue.