PDA

View Full Version : CFL Drafts Harvard's Dawson in 6th Round!

Ivytalk
May 1st, 2006, 11:09 AM
The Toronto Argonauts of the CFL drafted Harvard's record-setting running back, Clifton Dawson, in the 6th round. Although they jumped the gun a bit, because Dawson has a year of college ball to go, they see some potential there. Clifton played his prep football in suburban Toronto.

Pard4Life
May 2nd, 2006, 11:36 AM
The Toronto Argonauts of the CFL drafted Harvard's record-setting running back, Clifton Dawson, in the 6th round. Although they jumped the gun a bit, because Dawson has a year of college ball to go, they see some potential there. Clifton played his prep football in suburban Toronto.

How is this possible? You can be drafted by a pro league and still be eligible?

And I am surprised that Dawson went right to the CFL. I thought he'd give the NFL a shot.

Ivytalk
May 2nd, 2006, 03:03 PM
How is this possible? You can be drafted by a pro league and still be eligible?

And I am surprised that Dawson went right to the CFL. I thought he'd give the NFL a shot.

Don't worry, Clifton is coming back for his senior year at Harvard. He still has a shot at breaking Ed Marinaro's all-time Ivy rushing record. All this means is that Toronto has "dibs" on him if he wants to play FB north of the border later. I see him as a 5th or 6th round NFL pick next year.