PDA

View Full Version : ASU's Hunter signs with Packers

mountaintop
May 1st, 2006, 10:42 AM
Shortly after the draft ended, former App. State DE and all-around dominator Jason Hunter signed a free-agent contract with the Green Bay Packers.

He'll report to mimi-camp, along with Packers draftee Ingle Martin from Furman.

This is somewhat funny, because the last time these two met, Hunter nailed Martin and stripped him of the ball to seal up ASU's semifinal win over the Paladins.

AppGuy04
May 1st, 2006, 10:44 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9713

OL FU
May 1st, 2006, 10:45 AM
Shortly after the draft ended, former App. State DE and all-around dominator Jason Hunter signed a free-agent contract with the Green Bay Packers.

He'll report to mimi-camp, along with Packers draftee Ingle Martin from Furman.

This is somewhat funny, because the last time these two met, Hunter nailed Martin and stripped him of the ball to seal up ASU's semifinal win over the Paladins.

I can see it now.
Martin: you know the last time we met my arm was moving forward.
Hunter: what you had not even pulled your arm back to pass yet
Martin: no I think your head was to busy plowing into my chest for your eyes to see .
Hunter: and my arm was to busy knocking the ball from you hand.

Best of luck to both of them.

mountaintop
May 1st, 2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks, I saw that, just was starting a new post to note the irony more than anything else

ericappstate
May 1st, 2006, 12:09 PM
Anybody notice the picture the Packers used in Martin's bio?

http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/inglemartin.phtml

I think they probably could have found a better one.

HiHiYikas
May 1st, 2006, 12:18 PM
Anybody notice the picture the Packers used in Martin's bio?

http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/inglemartin.phtml

I think they probably could have found a better one.
That really is unfortunate...

The tradeoff is he gets to learn how to QB from Brett Favre, though. You can put a picture of me falling on my a$$ online any day if that's the payoff.

AppGuy04
May 1st, 2006, 12:19 PM

The tradeoff is he gets to learn how to QB from Brett Favre, though. You can put a picture of me falling on my a$$ online any day if that's the payoff.

only I-AA fans know that he is falling, otherwise it looks like he is strecthing for a TD

Mr. C
May 1st, 2006, 12:37 PM
I guess poor Ingle will never live that moment down. But it could have been worse. They could have shown the picture of Jason Hunter stripping the ball away in the same game.

OL FU
May 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
It's an action shotxcoffeex

Appstate03
May 2nd, 2006, 01:41 PM

If Ingle learns anything it will have to be from watching favre, not from favre showing him the ropes. He said last year he wouldn't be Aaron Rodgers mentor so good luck to Martin trying to get some help from Favre.

VictorG
May 8th, 2006, 12:05 PM
If Ingle learns anything it will have to be from watching favre, not from favre showing him the ropes. He said last year he wouldn't be Aaron Rodgers mentor so good luck to Martin trying to get some help from Favre.

Early reports indicate that may have changed already! Farve is now conversing with Rodgers!!! For what ever that's worth!:)

AppGuy04
May 8th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Ingle left Florida b/c he didn't like the big time atmosphere, I'll be interested to see how/if he adjusts to the NFL life

ButlerGSU
May 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Former GSU QB Chaz Williams also plays for the Packers

http://www.packers.com/team/players/williams_chaz/

PAmedic
May 11th, 2006, 08:52 AM
2 words: Samkon Gado

Mr. C
May 11th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Ingle left Florida b/c he didn't like the big time atmosphere, I'll be interested to see how/if he adjusts to the NFL life
Martin's move from Florida had nothing to do with not liking "the big time atmosphere." It had everything to do with a new coach (now himself fired) coming in and giving the QB job to another player. Had Steve Spurrier remained at Florida, Martin would have remained there as his starting QB.