PDA

View Full Version : Missing the Draft: I-AA QBs

TexasTerror
April 30th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Of these three amazing I-AA quarterbacks, which were you most surprised missed the cut and which did you think probably did not deserve to be drafted?

Barrick Nealy, Texas State
Bruce Eugene, Grambling
Erik Meyer, Eastern Washington

I'm surprised we did not see atleast two of the three go.

Barrick Nealy, was it because teams didn't think he'd want to move over to WR, which is where some teams definitely saw him as in the NFL? Or was it because they doubted his abilities as a playmaker? I wonder what they were thinking because he was definitely a special player.

Considering Eugene's reputation on these boards and the fact he had privately worked out with several teams, I thought he was going to be drafted. Not sure what to make it now. I guess folks thought he was too much of a project, perhaps?

Erik Meyer got more praise from various sources than Nealy in terms of his QB ability and ability to read the defense. He was higher ranked on numerous boards than the two aforementioned. I'm a bit more surprised by his snub than I am the two aforementioned...

BobcatSymphony
April 30th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Nealy got a free agent contract with the Vikings to play WR! We're all happy for him on BF.com as well as for Big Fred!

GeauxLions94
April 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I heard on WWL-AM Sunday night that Bruce Eugene will be signing with the Saints. That was stated in a post-draft pressconference by Rick Mueller, Director of Pro Personnel.

April 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Uh, folks, answer the question maybe????? Free agent signings is another thread.

I guess amongst the three you mentioned I'd also go with Meyer. They all deserved to get drafted.

GeauxLions94
April 30th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Uh, folks, answer the question maybe????? Free agent signings is another thread.

I guess amongst the three you mentioned I'd also go with Meyer. They all deserved to get drafted.

Gee, sorry Ralphie. Didn't mean to get you in a tizzy :asswhip: Just saw the three names and went with what I heard. I'd would have gone with "Round Mound of Touchdown" over Meyer

April 30th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Gee, sorry Ralphie. Didn't mean to get you in a tizzy :asswhip: Just saw the three names and went with what I heard. I'd would have gone with "Round Mound of Touchdown" over Meyer:lmao:
I opened this thread and the first two followup posts did not acknowledge the topic, just thought I'd mention it. "tizzy"? Not likely. lol

Mr. C
May 1st, 2006, 07:22 AM
In a year when there was such a dirth of draftable I-A QBs, I was surprised that a bunch of I-AA QBs didn't get drafted. When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised that the I-AA QBs from this year matched, or exceeded the careers of the I-As. We're going to see some of the I-AAs have great careers north of the border in the CFL, too.