PDA

View Full Version : Montana St's Lulay Expects to Be Late Round Pick

TexasTerror
April 29th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Seattle wouldn't be too far from Bozeman, Montana now, would it? Lulay states the Seahawks and the Falcons have been the teams that have expressed the most interest as we inch closer to the draft. Here's hoping Lulay and the other I-AA QBs (Meyer, Martin, Nealy, etc) get their chance to play in the NFL after being drafted these next two days...

Lulay, expected to be late-round pick, calm on eve of draft
By SCOTT MANSCH
Tribune Asst. Sports Editor

The high drama that is the NFL Draft reaches its zenith today, but Travis Lulay is not stressing out.

"It's a win-win situation," said the former Montana State star quarterback. "All you can ask for is the opportunity. I think I'm going to get one."

Lulay is expected to be a late-round pick in the draft, which begins this morning and concludes Sunday afternoon. The 12-round event will be televised starting this morning at 10 on ESPN.

Lulay, who has been contacted recently by many teams, said he's had particular interest from the Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060429/SPORTS/604290322/1006

CatFan22
April 30th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Wouldn't mind to see Lulay end up there in Seattle. Hope he gets a call tomorrow. I hope our former lineman Jeff Bolton gets a call as well.

TexasTerror
April 30th, 2006, 06:44 AM
An article on Lulay and Bolton. Seems the assumption is Bolton will be an FA and Lulay, could be drafted, but will definitely end up as an FA if not...

Lulay, Bolton hoping for calls
By Gazette News Services
BOZEMAN -- Former Montana State football players Travis Lulay and Jeff Bolton are hoping today's NFL Draft brings them a chance to continue playing football.

"It's a win-win situation," said Lulay. "All you can ask for is the opportunity. I think I'm going to get one."

So does Gil Brandt, NFL.com's senior analyst and who was vice president of player personnel for the Dallas Cowboys for 30 years.

"I think there's a chance he gets drafted, not in the first day. I think he's one of those guys that's a sixth- or seventh-round guy."
If he's not drafted, Lulay has a pretty good chance to be signed as a free agent, said his agent, Bruce Tollner.

Lulay passed for 10,746 yards and 58 touchdowns in four years at MSU and engineered numerous late-game comebacks. He was invited to the NFL Combines in Indianapolis and also made an official visit to the Seattle Seahawks.

Bolton, a versatile offensive lineman who received the Rimington Award as Division I-AA's top center, is more likely to be signed as a free agent, Brant said.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/04/30/sports/local/65-lulay.txt