PDA

View Full Version : Tavoy Moore Dismissed from Idaho State - WOWSA

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Crazy news from Big Sky bottomfeeder Idaho State.

Tavoy Moore

(1) Top 50 positional player - ATH - CBS NFL Draft Prospects 2012
(2) College Football Performance Awards Kickoff Returner Award Watch
(3) FCS All-American, 1st Team

F***ing bat**** story if you can stomach it.

http://www.idahopress.com/sports/moore-dismissed-from-isu-football-team/article_eb2127f6-f62e-11e0-89b8-001cc4c03286.html

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/local/article_cd846e8a-f5be-11e0-b415-001cc4c03286.html

Tavoy Moore of Idaho State was kicked off the team.

gasoutherneagle
October 14th, 2011, 03:30 AM
That's an unfortunate situation. I'm almost certain that there is more to this situation. It's always suspicious to me when we only get the "from the horses mouth" perspective in a news story. Since it seems the team's position on this is silence, I'd be interested to hear a third party chime in on this about any running issues leading to this flair-up.

Walkon79
October 14th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Wow!

Walkon79
October 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM
The "Big Human" is at it again. When he finished his first year at MSU, (An 0-11 campaign) there were only 3 or 4 seniors left on the team, the rest had either been dismissed, quit or were injured. I think he's going that route again by building through youth and his own players, and anybody who questions that is gone or will be benched. Probably happens alot in a rebuilding program.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM
The "Big Human" is at it again. When he finished his first year at MSU, (An 0-11 campaign) there were only 3 or 4 seniors left on the team, the rest had either been dismissed, quit or were injured. I think he's going that route again by building through youth and his own players, and anybody who questions that is gone or will be benched. Probably happens alot in a rebuilding program.

While I appreciate him bringing the program back from the ashes, he did so by rebuilding with personnel of questionable moral character. This ultimately led to his demise and his own dismissal. Hopefully he can rebuild the Bengal program without similarly tarnishing the school's name.

zymergy
October 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM
While there are two sides to every story, if the quote below is correct then you have one flaming a$$ as a coach, and the kid is correct about him throwing players under the bus. Sure the team "supports the coaching staff" because they know any other comment will send them packing!!

"After Saturday’s 33-0 loss to Montana at home, Kramer was critical of Moore. “We have guys lined up wrong and our debonair tailback, who's supposed to be a really good player, frizzled and melted himself off the field today,” Kramer said."

asumike83
October 14th, 2011, 10:26 AM
"After Saturday’s 33-0 loss to Montana at home, Kramer was critical of Moore. “We have guys lined up wrong and our debonair tailback, who's supposed to be a really good player, frizzled and melted himself off the field today,” Kramer said."

Yeah, when I read that I was shocked as well. That is in really poor taste. These are kids and they will have bad games, to embarrass them publicly like that is uncalled for.

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I've never even seen a coach that would badmouth a player TO THE MEDIA like that. It's despicable. You realize he's on an NFL draft radar because he is a great returner, right? If I was the player's parent, I would be flipping insane right now xbangxxbangx

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2011, 10:56 AM
While there are two sides to every story, if the quote below is correct then you have one flaming a$$ as a coach, and the kid is correct about him throwing players under the bus. Sure the team "supports the coaching staff" because they know any other comment will send them packing!! "

I knew a starter on the Bobcat defense in 2000, and Mike Kramer was not well liked. He was a junior that year and even as a starter, was considering not playing his senior year. If you are results-oriented though, Kramer did raise the Bobcat program to a higher level.

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Dude but you gotta treat your players with respect. That's what I respect about Mike Gundy. Loose cannon or not, he stands up for his players.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Totally agree alvin. I didn't like Kramer (we caught alot of flak from Griz fans for the players and and assistant head coach's drug arrests) and throwing your player under the bus is unacceptable. I'd be willing to bet zymergy is correct in his statement that players "support" the coaching staff publicly only.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 14th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Tavoy should have left his comments about how he felt he "wasn't be utilized in the offense" and being made "one dimentional" out of this conversation. It makes him come across as a 'ME-FIRST' type of player and loses credibility with me. Based on those comments, I wouldn't be suprised at all if his conduct was detrimental to the team... That said, I'm not on the coaches side either. They should have worked this out between the two of them and found a way to give the kid another chance. This is what happens when you let your emotions and egos control the situation. Too bad for everyone invovled.

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM
So you kick "ME-FIRST" people off the team???? What a load of horse ****. Coaches have no accountability.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
So you kick "ME-FIRST" people off the team???? What a load of horse ****. Coaches have no accountability.

Did you stop reading my post after that comment? Evidently not. Here it is again - They should have worked this out between the two of them and found a way to give the kid another chance.

To answer your question directly, no.

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah, you caught me. I stopped reading after I read the ME-FIRST Stuff.

I am tired of this criticism. Everyone is selfish. To some extent, it's a good trait to have. It means he is fearless. Fearful players don't perform.

But yeah, I stopped reading. Glad we agree. xhighfivex

Jacked_Rabbit
October 14th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, you caught me. I stopped reading after I read the ME-FIRST Stuff.

I am tired of this criticism. Everyone is selfish. To some extent, it's a good trait to have. It means he is fearless. Fearful players don't perform.

But yeah, I stopped reading. Glad we agree. xhighfivex

xbeerchugx

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
How common are jack rabbits in the Dakotas? And i mean the animal not the South Dakota State fans. LOLxhandshakex

Jacked_Rabbit
October 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
How common are jack rabbits in the Dakotas? And i mean the animal not the South Dakota State fans. LOLxhandshakex

They outnumber hot chicks 8:1!!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2011, 06:31 PM
A lot of you guys must not have seen the way Tavoy gave up in the game against Montana. At one point ISU had to call a timeout because he didn't even go out to line up for a punt return.

I don't know the whole story and none of you do either but there are some telling quotes that lead me to think that Tavoy may have brought this on himself. He said things like "I'm not being utilized correctly, everybody knows that" and so forth. Kramer sure as hell ain't the kind of coarch that is gonna take any of that kind of thing from a player...any player, know matter how the player thinks he is.

It's a possibility that Tavoy could have purposely dropped the ball in practive as a "F you" about the rift that had developed and just to get off the field since he says he couldn't play for a guy like that anyway.

We're so soft now that a coach can't call out a player that he thinks is dogging it and not giving a full effort without cries of injustice for the player? Ok, got it.

I just don't buy that this is some one time injustice with a massive overreaction. As is usually the case there is more to this thing.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2011, 06:37 PM

If a "me first" kind of guy ain't your kind of guy then I suppose you do. The coaches have no accountability thing is pretty funy though considering he was held accountable for the bad decisions of players he recruited to Montana State.xlolx

Grizo406
October 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Moore is a gifted athlete, and I'm sorry this happened to him. I wish him all the best!

There are a ton of folks/fans that know a whole lot more about Kramer than I do, but something tells me he made the right decision on this one...and, I'd be a lot happier than I already am if "The Big Human" was the Griz HC!!xcoffeex

BlueHenSinfonian
October 14th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I'd never heard much of anything about Mike Kramer before this thread, though the nickname 'The Big Human' is interesting... The first result from a Google image search for 'Mike Kramer' raises more questions than answers.

Squealofthepig
October 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
The first result from a Google image search for 'Mike Kramer' raises more questions than answers.

Wow, you're right. I almost feel like I was rickrolled there.

Bobcat in NC
October 15th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I'd never heard much of anything about Mike Kramer before this thread, though the nickname 'The Big Human' is interesting... The first result from a Google image search for 'Mike Kramer' raises more questions than answers.

Can't...stop...laughing...

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Twentysix
October 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Aww my idaho state shirt didnt even make it here before he was kicked off the team.

Drblankstare
October 15th, 2011, 02:49 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx
Can't...stop...laughing...

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Holy crap!!! Everyone needs to see thatxlolxxlolxxnodx

Twentysix
October 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM
That is funny!