PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State Spring Game

BDK@YSU
April 28th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "who cares?"

Apparently somebody does, because the game will be broadcast live over the Internet. Tune in!

http://www.ysusports.com/

Live stats, too. Pretty nice, if I say so myself.

FlyYtown
April 28th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Nice! Folks on AGS, this past basketball season, the Horizon League broadcasted all conference and teams home games live on the internet for people to watch for free.

I think YSU may do this for football games this year, so you can watch the mighty guins roll to #1! Lol I hope!!!

Enjoy the game folks!

BDK@YSU
April 28th, 2006, 09:07 PM
The Todd Rowan-led Red Squad trumps Tommie Zetts' White Squad 31-13 at the Ice Castle tonight.

Rowan was the leading passer for the Red team: a perfect 10-10 for 137 yd and 3 TD. And in some kind of time-space paradox, Rowan was also the leading passer for the White team where he played a little bit of the second half, going 2-2 for 78 yd and a TD. Zetts didn't fare so well, going 3 of 9 for 63 yd with a INT.

My perspective:

The transfers bring something to the table. Miles Williams at WR could prove to be a difference maker. And from what I saw, Brian Mellott at DE looked solid. Both local products of nearby Austintown Fitch High School.

Tight end looks like a solid position. Derrick Bush is a big boy.

Special Teams needs some work.

igo4uni
April 28th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I thought YSU went to the MAC after being unfairly left out the I-AA playoffs last year??

:cool:

Reed Rothchild
April 28th, 2006, 09:39 PM
What kind of attendence did they get?

BDK@YSU
April 28th, 2006, 10:34 PM
The official game stats and recap can be found at www.ysusports.com for those individuals daring enough to travel over there, but the listed attendance for the game was 1,100.

Oh, I heard we were going to leave the Gateway and join the MAC too! I also heard that the moon landing was faked. I don't know who to believe anymore. :bawling: xlolx

FlyYtown
April 28th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I'm watching the game on FOX 17/62 Right Now.. Ya I'd say bout 1000 on hand.... nice crowd for sure...

April 28th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "who cares?"...Don't be fooled BDK, the Penguins are near and dear to the hearts of I-AA fans. YSU is a strong part of the fabric that holds I-AA high and everyone is glad they are strong. Keep informing us!

BDK@YSU
April 29th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I know what the UNI fans are thinking: "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children."

There, I fixed that to say what I originally meant. xlolx

lucchesicourt
April 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Rowans stats are pretty good. Does that mean the pass defense could be a little lacking right now? I's say anyone who can't knock down a few of 12 attempts looks weak on "D".

FlyYtown
April 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Remember they draft the players to the teams, so the starters are split evenly and there were quite a few players sitting out.

I'm sure Louis Irizarry can play some Defense, wait till you see this kid on offense, noone in this league or I-AA can stop him, trust me on that.

GoGuins
May 1st, 2006, 09:18 AM
I'm sure Louis Irizarry can play some Defense, wait till you see this kid on offense, noone in this league or I-AA can stop him, trust me on that.

Unstoppable? :rolleyes: C'mon, he'll be a good one no doubt, but just because he's coming from Ohio State doesn't mean he'll be scoring every time he touches the ball & defenders will be bouncing off him

FlyYtown
May 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Unstoppable? :rolleyes: C'mon, he'll be a good one no doubt, but just because he's coming from Ohio State doesn't mean he'll be scoring every time he touches the ball & defenders will be bouncing off him

I know that, but did you see him at Ursuline or OSU??? I bet not as much as a guy like myself who saw him play over 25 games...

He is amazing, one of the best you will see in I-AA.

PapaBear
May 2nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Could you guys maybe post some formation and down/distance tendencies from your offensive series ... and maybe alignment and coverage tendencies that you saw from your defense?

This would be purely for my own personal football interest, of course.:smiley_wi

GoGuins
May 3rd, 2006, 07:18 AM
Could you guys maybe post some formation and down/distance tendencies from your offensive series ... and maybe alignment and coverage tendencies that you saw from your defense?

This would be purely for my own personal football interest, of course.:smiley_wi

Sure PapaBear, I have a copy of the playbook I can send you :)