PDA

View Full Version : LEHIGH-LAFAYETTE GAME #147 SOLD OUT--November 19

Pages : 1 [2]

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I don't think you want to see us heading for your RV. Lots to fear, but I will tell you that we have 3 firm rules of attendance and one is No wives.

Please tell me "mandatory stogies or pipes" is one of those rules.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't object to wives... someone has to watch the tailgate and kids while the game is played.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I don't think you want to see us heading for your RV. Lots to fear, but I will tell you that we have 3 firm rules of attendance and one is No wives.

What are the other two?xeyebrowx

RichH2
November 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't object to wives... someone has to watch the tailgate and kids while the game is played.

There's a man who gets it.

van
November 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Wikipedia is now up to date on the Easton losers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette_College

downbythebeach
November 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
How would I get a ticket to this game? Any chance I could show up and get in?

Southsider
November 16th, 2011, 04:49 PM

I'll sell my two tix...How about $1,000,000! I sold hot dogs at this game when I was a kid growing up on the Southside. I have made every game since 1971! No way I would part with my tix. (just to give you a sense of how big a deal this is to some folks)

van
November 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM

they were selling SRO tickets on the Lehigh web site today, check there, but be quick.

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/default.aspx#

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Bogus is quiet. Too quiet.

Not now, Brown Cow. The Pards will bring an element not even shown on any of Lehigh's periodic tables.

Photoshop blitzkrieg coming no doubt.

Conjuring the awesome manner in which I can alter this:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7742/18880573.jpg

Your Board is a pathetic bunch. That Greek report was downright laughable..I guess considering the name, it makes sense.

And your Board, 'ngineer? Have you witnessed that witless coffee klatch that you call a fan forum lately? All six posts in the last year?

Greetings from South Bethlehem.

That pic is old, but still humerous, I agree. Displays intellectual the depth of a typical Dravo Douchebag. Such wit and skillful use of language, I must say. Do you guys work on that that all year?

Just wanted to wish good luck to the Pards! xthumbsupx

An appropriate, objective view from a out-of-conference fan who appreciates a fine rivalry. Go Bison!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Conjuring the awesome in which I can alter this:

Okay. Now I'm afraid!

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Okay. Now I'm afraid!

Not to worry. I'll place my copyright © on any altered version and then barter with you for leopard-positive obsequiousness in print.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Not now, Brown Cow. The Pards will bring an element not even shown on any of Lehigh's periodic tables.

And your Board, 'ngineer? Have you witnessed that witless coffee klatch that you call a fan forum lately? All six posts in the last year?

That pic is old, but still humerous, I agree. Displays intellectual the depth of a typical Dravo Douchebag. Such wit and skillful use of language, I must say. Do you guys work on that that all year?

An appropriate, objective view from a out-of-conference fan who appreciates a fine rivalry. Go Bison!

What LFN doesn't show you in that logo is the mountain hawk flew into the power lines connected to the factory. What else do you expect from a poor, dumb, mythical animal.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Wikipedia is now up to date on the Easton losers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette_College

Ditto for the turd town crowd... though the wikipedia police have corrected it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lehigh_University&oldid=461015323

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2011, 07:47 PM

You can probably just show up at the guy and one from a scalper... plenty of people in the lots probably don't make it into the game. Tickets are $25.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 07:49 PM
What LFN doesn't show you in that logo is the mountain hawk flew into the power lines connected to the factory. What else do you expect from a poor, dumb, mythical animal.

Thanks, P4L!!!

http://media.eurekalert.org/multimedia_prod/pub/web/16525_web.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Contact any AGS poster who is going to the game - on either side. You can get a ticket from tailgaters who get too plastered to get up and go into the stadium. Happens every year.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 08:06 PM
One of my LC friends sent me this.
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/277043_267637919941521_807602475_n.jpg

Please don't forget this one, on sale at all Lehigh locations. Proceeds benefit the South Bethlehem Idiocy Project (est. 1865) -

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6686/herequeer280.png

heath
November 16th, 2011, 08:19 PM
You can probably just show up at the guy and one from a scalper... plenty of people in the lots probably don't make it into the game. Tickets are $25.

Which GUY are you talking about?,probably the one that got off that little bus from photo- shop elementary xeyebrowx I'll see if we can watch THE GAME on Fox Atlantic down here and get a few chuckles. $25 for a "RIVALRY" game? Times must really be tough with you big boys!

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Which GUY are you talking about?,probably the one that got off that little bus from photo- shop elementary xeyebrowx I'll see if we can watch THE GAME on Fox Atlantic down here and get a few chuckles. $25 for a "RIVALRY" game? Times must really be tough with you big boys!

http://snacks.cyberpunks.org/heath.jpeg

That's a lot of noise, coming out of a candy wrapper. You ought to learn not to litter, son.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Ditto for the turd town crowd... though the wikipedia police have corrected it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lehigh_University&oldid=461015323

Particularly well played. P4L. I'm duly impressed.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2011, 09:44 PM

EXCUSE me but my 'smart'phone occasionally auto-corrects words and phrases. It would also be helpful that we could actually understand what you're saying. And $25 for a game is perfect... it's placed in the proper perspective unlike FBS.

ngineer
November 16th, 2011, 11:35 PM

And your Board, 'ngineer? Have you witnessed that witless coffee klatch that you call a fan forum lately? All six posts in the last year? That pic is old, but still humerous, I agree. Displays intellectual the depth of a typical Dravo Douchebag. Such wit and skillful use of language, I must say. Do you guys work on that that all year?

You misread the post--I was replying to a prior comment relating to Laughyette's Board of Trustees...not the sports 'forum' (which I agree has been quite lame over the years.

ngineer
November 16th, 2011, 11:45 PM
At the weekly luncheon today, all attendees got to pass around the Patriot League Trophy that Andy brought with him. Unlike the Stanley Cup, it went back to its rightful place at Lehigh. Coen made a humerous comment about being alert to whether Cecchini decides to just pound the ball on the ground, as Spadola is about 100 yards shy of his season record. Number one concern, as it has been all year is special teams. Contends not a 'scheme' issue but every week someone just doesn't execute. Georgetown's two big KO returns is what kept them in the game early on. With the emergence of Shoop, I think DC Coach K will be coming up with different schemes that aren't on film. My sense is that giving Lum time will be critical. I don't see LC's secondary being able to cover all the weapons. They may try some trickery on D in changing up looks, hence time for Lum to see what's developing.

ngineer
November 16th, 2011, 11:51 PM
To the Spotted Pussy Contingent on the Board, I would like to meet you guys to actually see if you exist. Our tailgate is along the driveway just off the entrance from the traffic circle and across from the Rust Family Football Alumni Pavillion (where I'll also be until about 10:45). There may be an orange barricade of some type outlining our area. Also, a flag pole with a "King of Tailgates" flag afluttering.

LakesBison
November 17th, 2011, 12:11 AM
pard4life. report back monday and tell us how much better the tailgating was in fargo.

oh, and BEAT LEHIGH!

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2011, 04:56 AM
pard4life. report back monday and tell us how much better the tailgating was in fargo.

oh, and BEAT LEHIGH!

Lakes, I think you meant me. I dont believe Pard4Life was in the Greatland :) But I will report back Monday!

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Just wanted to wish good luck to the Pards! xthumbsupx

Thx Herd - Pardnation is rooting for the Bison to win in Frisco!

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Will the hawks go brown on brown for the game? It will match perfectly with the dreary November landscape of South Mountain.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 08:30 AM

oh, and BEAT LEHIGH!

Yes that was Pards Rule who was there. I can already tell you the football is better in Fargo than South Mountain. It's not even a real mountain.

RichH2
November 17th, 2011, 09:48 AM
weather s/b fantastic. If Hill sells out , which it looks like it will, may be largest crowd at goodman?

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Yes that was Pards Rule who was there. I can already tell you the football is better in Fargo than South Mountain.

Well, the Bison did beat you by 36, so I can see how you would think that their brand of football is better than Lehigh's. Remember how there was a thread on this board talking up that game as being "the most intriguing matchup in FCS this week"? I sincerely hope that #147 proves to be just as intriguing for the Lepers as that game up in Fargo was.

The previous post concerning a potential brown-on-brown color scheme for Lehigh... actually a very good question. It would be ideal for running fumblerooskies, if they were still legal. I'm still not sure I'd be in favor of it though. Look at last year, when the maroon-on-maroon look didn't really pay off for the home team:

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Lists/292x164/41524.JPG

I do appreciate the sportsmanship of the Lafayette defender who got beat on that play. Note how he is paying proper respect to his superior opponent by signaling "touchdown". Well done, sir. I salute you and your sound upbringing if not your taste in colleges.

RichH2
November 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Notice up this AM,Game is completely soldout, including all Hill seats. Anyone needing tickets may have some luck at Gate but unlikely

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
weather s/b fantastic. If Hill sells out , which it looks like it will, may be largest crowd at goodman?

The extra tickets sold out in a few hours yesterday. I see very little chance of beating the 19,110 attendance figure for the 1991 game. That year, there were large temporary stands in the south end zone plus the ~500 that used to be under the scoreboard. I'd guess that the school sold ~1,000 hill and SRO tickets on top of the 16,000 normal capacity of the stadium, so we are probably looking at something on the order of 17,000... maybe 17,500 tops.

That being said, 17,000 in Goodman Stadium on a sunny day the Saturday before Thanksgiving sounds pretty damn good to me. What do you think the ratio of Lehigh to Lafasux fans is going to be? In Easton, it seems like it is usually right around 1:1, maybe a few percent more for the home team. I'm figuring on something closer to 2:1 for us at Goodman this year. And yes... I know Lehigh is the bigger school, especially if you consider the grad students. Just wondering how well Lafayette travels in a down year.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
The extra tickets sold out in a few hours yesterday. I see very little chance of beating the 19,110 attendance figure for the 1991 game. That year, there were large temporary stands in the south end zone plus the ~500 that used to be under the scoreboard. I'd guess that the school sold ~1,000 hill and SRO tickets on top of the 16,000 normal capacity of the stadium, so we are probably looking at something on the order of 17,000... maybe 17,500 tops.

That being said, 17,000 in Goodman Stadium on a sunny day the Saturday before Thanksgiving sounds pretty damn good to me. What do you think the ratio of Lehigh to Lafasux fans is going to be? In Easton, it seems like it is usually right around 1:1, maybe a few percent more for the home team. I'm figuring on something closer to 2:1 for us at Goodman this year. And yes... I know Lehigh is the bigger school, especially if you consider the grad students. Just wondering how well Lafayette travels in a down year.

We sold our allotment, but no way to know how many others have rounded up tickets.

RichH2
November 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I always expect a good turnout by underdog. Pards travel very well the few miles to Goodman. They will not be anything less than boisterous. Only once have I seen a bad turnout by both. The frostbite game at Taylor. Heck, I even left before the end of the 3rd. Went to the Roosevelt behind Taylor to dethaw.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
StubHub and TicketNetwork currently have zero tickets for resale. Looks like the best bet is going to be resellers outside the stadium.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I always expect a good turnout by underdog. Pards travel very well the few miles to Goodman. They will not be anything less than boisterous. Only once have I seen a bad turnout by both. The frostbite game at Taylor. Heck, I even left before the end of the 3rd. Went to the Roosevelt behind Taylor to dethaw.

I remember 2004 being a particularly cold, nasty day at the stadium. Though, it's always colder when you're losing.

hawkineer
November 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Will the hawks go brown on brown for the game? It will match perfectly with the dreary November landscape of South Mountain.
No, LU doesn't need gimmicky uniforms to motivate themselves like the master motivator, FT, does. I predict standard home uniforms will be the dress code for the day.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I remember 2004 being a particularly cold, nasty day at the stadium. Though, it's always colder when you're losing.

04 wasn't the best, but 08 had the worst weather in recent memory.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
No, LU doesn't need gimmicky uniforms to motivate themselves like the master motivator, FT, does. I predict standard home uniforms will be the dress code for the day.

Then why do you have brown pants?

hawkineer
November 17th, 2011, 10:50 AM
04 wasn't the best, but 08 had the worst weather in recent memory.
'08 was definitely the coldest day in recent memory. Not only was it cold but it was windy. However, for some reason, after that 99 yd. TD return to seal the deal, it got warm, flowers were blooming, and birds were singing.:D

hawkineer
November 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM
To add some autumnal tones to the bland away unis.

RichH2
November 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM
'08 was definitely the coldest day in recent memory. Not only was it cold but it was windy. However, for some reason, after that 99 yd. TD return to seal the deal, it got warm, flowers were blooming, and birds were singing.:D

My wife reminds me that she and the other girls left at halftime of 08 because of the cold wind. Guess it was but I was so into game still dont recall being cold

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Attendance will probably be around 16,200... even in 2005 you had 16,017 on a nice day.

I remember 2008 being cold at first but then it wasn't too bad. 2002 was also cold and windy. I suspect it will be a nice warm day on the Pard side. I was plenty warm during the HC game in identical conditions. Bring your fall jacket.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Another Lehigh story: A colleague was describing a recent bridge engineering competition. He was speaking about it in general and said "Lehigh's bridge fell apart. I was kind of surprised since they wrote the book we used in our course." I asked "How did Lafayette do?" -"They won first place."

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Lehigh folk: what's the gameplan? What schemes do you see on offense and defense?

heath
November 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Another Lehigh story: A colleague was describing a recent bridge engineering competition. He was speaking about it in general and said "Lehigh's bridge fell apart. I was kind of surprised since they wrote the book we used in our course." I asked "How did Lafayette do?" -"They won first place."

The ol' toothpick,popsicle sticks an glue project?....That brings back memories,glad you guys can be best at somethingxlolx.Probably have that blue ribbon hanging from the rafters.Keep me informed about the paper cup pyramid at the tailgate alsoxsmiley_wix

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
The ol' toothpick,popsicle sticks an glue project?....That brings back memories,glad you guys can be best at somethingxlolx.Probably have that blue ribbon hanging from the rafters.Keep me informed about the paper cup pyramid at the tailgate alsoxsmiley_wix

Well not everyone is smart enough to earn a Restaurant & Hotel management degree. I mean bossing around those high school kids must be taxing. Don't forget filling up those cups of diet coke. You must be exausted.

van
November 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Lehigh folk: what's the gameplan? What schemes do you see on offense and defense?

On defense we intercept Shoop and tackle Schuerman for no gain.

On offense we run through your line and pass over and around your d backs.

I think that will be the winning scheme, and not too hard to do either.

ngineer
November 17th, 2011, 01:03 PM
November 19, 2011--THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSIES TO BLEED!

lehighfball
November 17th, 2011, 01:06 PM

+1 LMAO

RichH2
November 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Ah, the sweetness of vitriol, bile and envy flowing from our ever so jealous Pards. WhileI think the Game willbe more competitive than most seem to think, it will be a clean sweep for our seniors

carney2
November 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Latest weather forecast: Partly cloudy with a high of 52.

THE HERD
November 17th, 2011, 03:17 PM
If Lehigh is as all powerful as TheFan says they are than the score of this game should be about 63-3. TheFan the LakesBison of Lehigh posters!

THE HERD
November 17th, 2011, 03:29 PM
well, it certainly is not going to be a loss at home to an unranked team as the 24-17 loss by NDSU against Youngstown a few days ago

how is that working out for you?

ouch!

Just fine.....we will most likely still be a top 3 seed come Sunday, because we actually played somebody this year that was worth a *****! But But we almost beat UNH and they might make the playoffs.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2011, 03:48 PM
say, so when NDSU, the #1 ranked team in the country at the time lost at home to an unranked team, do you think that it started a trend for NDSU of losing to unranked teams?

good luck there in the playoffs...whether seeded #1 or #3 or #5, you will most likely be a one and out based on your recent performance at home to an unranked team that stands a decent chance of not even making the playoffs.

Please take this somewhere else Fan Man. Also I would advise againt poking the Bison. I've always had a healthy respect for NDSU, but I must admit they were much better than I thought. NDSU did not get our best effort, but they are extremely physical and well coached.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
say, so when NDSU, the #1 ranked team in the country at the time lost at home to an unranked team, do you think that it started a trend for NDSU of losing to unranked teams?

good luck there in the playoffs...whether seeded #1 or #3 or #5, you will most likely be a one and out based on your recent performance at home to an unranked team that stands a decent chance of not even making the playoffs.

This guy can't be serious... I even doubt he is a real Princeton grad.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM
November 19, 2011--THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSIES TO BLEED!

EW! xflaggedx

THE HERD
November 17th, 2011, 04:10 PM

There won't be any unranked teams in the playoffs so were good.(insert laughing face here)

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2011, 04:30 PM
This guy can't be serious... I even doubt he is a real Princeton grad.

Princeton High School Grad that goes to UND and is posing on AGS is my guess

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM

There ya go!

344Johnson
November 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM
There ya go!

Same Pard4Life that was quoted in the Fargo Forum?

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Same Pard4Life that was quoted in the Fargo Forum?

No... I have never visited or posted on your board.

gotts
November 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM
No... I have never visited or posted on your board.

A Lafayette fan was quoted earlier this year in the Fargo Forum, the local F/M newspaper...

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM
A Lafayette fan was quoted earlier this year in the Fargo Forum, the local F/M newspaper...

Oh... well I don't know... my bet it was Pards Rule... he met everyone in town.

GABison
November 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing, TheFan = DaveK xnodx

Go Pards!!!

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Oh... well I don't know... my bet it was Pards Rule... he met everyone in town.

Including a reporter for the Fargo/Moorhead Forum :)

ngineer
November 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
EW! xflaggedx

Yes, you might as well change your nickname to Tampons--good for only one period and no second string.

RichH2
November 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
xbowx

Probably an old joke but new to me. Another spill my coffee LMAO momentxthumbsupx

PAllen
November 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yes, you might as well change your nickname to Tampons--good for only one period and no second string.

LMAO.

I just spit water across my keyboard.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2011, 11:42 AM
LFN Game Preview:
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/game-preview-147th-meeting-between.html

LFN Easton U. Breakdown:
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/breaking-down-boys-of-easton-147th.html

Is it just because Bogie and me have been busy with our day jobs, or does the Rivalry seem a tiny bit more subdued this year?

ngineer
November 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
LFN Game Preview:
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/game-preview-147th-meeting-between.html

LFN Easton U. Breakdown:
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/breaking-down-boys-of-easton-147th.html

Is it just because Bogie and me have been busy with our day jobs, or does the Rivalry seem a tiny bit more subdued this year?

Well, part of this has been Laughyette's poor mouth routine. Carney has taken it to new levels (not necessarily heights (;-) ). Puddy-tats have had an atrocious year because they know they have some decent players, but haven't played to their capabilities. That's what sits in anyone's crawl. It's one thing if your're just bad (like Fordham), it's another when you have talent and don't get it done (like the Iggles). With that scenario the lead up has less 'drama' to it this year. Lehigh has clinched the title, again, and a playoff spot, again. LC 'friends' are telling me to "take it easy on us" this year. Hopefully, the players see through this ruse as the typical sandbag psychological attempt. Should Lehigh win? Yes. But three years ago an 8-2 Laughyette team came to Goodman against a 3-7 Lehigh and lost in dramatic fashion. This is the most emotional game of a player's career at each school, especially for the seniors. LC's have never beaten Lehigh and that, alone, is more than enough motivation to play lights-out. So, yes, the atmosphere is certainly different than if both teams were coming in the PL title and a playoff spot on the line, like 2004.

van
November 18th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Well, part of this has been Laughyette's poor mouth routine. Carney has taken it to new levels (not necessarily heights (;-) ). Puddy-tats have had an atrocious year because they know they have some decent players, but haven't played to their capabilities. That's what sits in anyone's crawl. It's one thing if your're just bad (like Fordham), it's another when you have talent and don't get it done (like the Iggles). With that scenario the lead up has less 'drama' to it this year. Lehigh has clinched the title, again, and a playoff spot, again. LC 'friends' are telling me to "take it easy on us" this year. Hopefully, the players see through this ruse as the typical sandbag psychological attempt. Should Lehigh win? Yes. But three years ago an 8-2 Laughyette team came to Goodman against a 3-7 Lehigh and lost in dramatic fashion. This is the most emotional game of a player's career at each school, especially for the seniors. LC's have never beaten Lehigh and that, alone, is more than enough motivation to play lights-out. So, yes, the atmosphere is certainly different than if both teams were coming in the PL title and a playoff spot on the line, like 2004.

And to top that off, I hear that there are a couple Pards considering a 5th year next year so they can lose 5 in a row.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM

This esteemed Lehigh graduate ought to be able to explain it to you.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5549/272958dogmapoopmonster.jpg

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM
This esteemed Lehigh graduate ought to be able to explain it to you.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5549/272958dogmapoopmonster.jpg

Do all Lafayette grads play with their own s&%t? I would have thought you were all too busy on Wall St to play, but maybe you picked up some extra toys over the last few months. You shouldn't have blocked the roads yesterday though, I was stuck in traffic for two hours last night.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I was stuck in traffic for two hours last night.

That's not possible. Lehigh grads aren't allowed to drive. As with Lehigh students, only one form of transportation legally is permitted.

It's for everyone's safety, of course.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4654/lehighbusshoplettercrop.png

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 02:43 PM
That's not possible. Lehigh grads aren't allowed to drive. As with Lehigh students, only one form of transportation legally is permitted.

It's for everyone's safety, of course.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4654/lehighbusshoplettercrop.png

Come on Bogey! Since when does Mercedes make an oversized SUV. It actually looks a little like a short bus.

I consider Lehigh my safety school too... it allowed me to afford the high walls and gates to keep out the 99 Lafayette grads on the street.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
99 Lafayette grads on the street

♫♪♫
Ninety-Nine Lee-High grads on the street
Ninety-Nine Lee-High grads
Pluck one down, hose off the brown
Ninety-Eight Lee-High grads on the street
♪♫♪

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313174_10150374220602684_25866092683_8614189_23178 7275_n.jpg

Lafayette fans, get used to seeing a lot more of this tommorow.

I.e.,
* Engineers catching passes
* Engineers kicking the ball through the uprights
* Engineers winning

Note the Lafayette defensive back's sort-of pathetic tackle of the Lehigh wide receiver. You'll see that, too! xlolx

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
♫♪♫
♪♫♪

I can see that being sung by one side tomorrow in Bethlehem!!

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 03:50 PM
♫♪♫
♪♫♪

Bravo, I have nothing xthumbsupx

Oh wait, I have a football team xtroublex

ngineer
November 18th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Reported yesterday that Laughyette's football practice was interrupted for over two hours while agents from the DEA were called to the field to test a suspicious white substance that some players observed and said they had never seen before. After thorough field testing, the agents allowed practice to continue. The 'white substance' was the goal line.

Agents felt it safe to allow the players to go back on the field, as it was their opinion that the players would not be encountering the substance in the future.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Reported yesterday that Laughyette's football practice was interrupted for over two hours while agents from the DEA were called to the field to test a suspicious white substance that some players observed and said they had never seen before. After thorough field testing, the agents allowed practice to continue. The 'white substance' was the goal line.

Agents felt it safe to allow the players to go back on the field, as it was their opinion that the players would not be encountering the substance in the future.

Right. And how many Engineers does it take to change a light bulb? All of them. They get a semester's credit for doing it correctly, after all.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the possible designers of the human body.

One said, "It was a Lafayette engineer. Just look at all the precision joints."

Another said, "No, it was Bucknell Engineer engineer. The nervous system has millions of exacting, perfectly-linked electrical connections.''

The last said, "Actually it was a Lehigh engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

ngineer
November 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I always knew Laughyette alums saw us as God.

LehighU11
November 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Lafayette is such a joke that they have to bus in their kids to sketchy South Bethlehem so that they can go to a s*&t party at The Firehouse. Oh well, at least more Pard girls to plunder...

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I love how you view Lum as 'god' and Lehigh's offense as all-supreme. Look how you did last year, despite our loss:

Lehigh Lafayette
FIRST DOWNS................... 15 22
Rushing..................... 4 4
Passing..................... 11 13
Penalty..................... 0 5
NET YARDS RUSHING............. 58 60
Rushing Attempts............ 27 34
Average Per Rush............ 2.1 1.8
Rushing Touchdowns.......... 0 0
Yards Gained Rushing........ 69 88
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 11 28
NET YARDS PASSING............. 214 223
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 18-29-2 26-43-2
Average Per Attempt......... 7.4 5.2
Average Per Completion...... 11.9 8.6
Passing Touchdowns.......... 2 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 272 283
Total offense plays......... 56 77
Average Gain Per Play....... 4.9 3.7

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Lafayette is such a joke that they have to bus in their kids to sketchy South Bethlehem so that they can go to a s*&t party at The Firehouse. Oh well, at least more Pard girls to plunder...

I don't blame you for raiding our wimin when Jersey skanks overwhelm Lehigh enrollment.

Bogus Megapardus
November 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I have a little wager for "the Fan." If Lafayette wins, the Fan reveals that he actually is neither a Lehigh nor a Princeton graduate.

Bogus Megapardus
November 19th, 2011, 09:22 AM
It's been announced that all of the last-minute endzone lawn seats have been sold out (http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/147th_lehigh-lafayette_game_now_completely_sold_out.aspx), meaning that this game will break the all-time Lafayette-Lehigh attendance record.

There are lots of ways to see this game, so anyone with an interest in Patriot League football can catch at least a bit of it:

Lafayette Broadcast:

ESPN GamePlan: pay-per-view service; definitive coverage and dial positions will be announced the week of each game

ESPN3.com: broadband service; definitive coverage will be announced the week of each game

RCN-4: available through RCN cable system in Lehigh Valley

RCN-8: available through RCN cable systems in Philadelphia, NYC, Boston, Washington, DC and Chicago

WBPH-TV-60: available in all of Eastern PA and Western NJ over the air and through cable, DirecTV (dial 60), DISH Network (dial 60) and FiOS

MASN: Mid Atlantic Sports Network (DirecTV 640, DISH Network 432)

GoLeopards.com: live broadband coverage

RADIO: WJRH-FM 104.9

Lehigh Broadcast:

WFMZ-TV-69: available in all of Eastern PA and Western NJ and through cable, DirecTV and DISH Network

FCS-Atlantic: Fox College Sports, available through cable, DirecTV and DISH Network

ESPN Radio: 1230 and 1320 AM beginning at 11:30 a.m

Lehighsports.com: live broadband coverage

PS to Georgetown - by comparison, umm . . . . we're still waiting for those "exclusive" FiOS broadcasts. Try again next season.

PPS - oh, yeah, the Harvard - Yale game is on Versus. You can watch that too, I suppose.

Sader87
November 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Does the winner of this contest qualify for the D2 playoffs???

I kid (not because I love).....still drunk over last night's hoop win over BC.

I expect a good game...hope to check some of it out...never thought you'd hear that didya?

Bogus Megapardus
November 19th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Does the winner of this contest qualify for the D2 playoffs???

I kid (not because I love).....still drunk over last night's hoop win over BC.

I expect a good game...hope to check some of it out...never thought you'd hear that didya?

Sader87 - HC basketball beating Boston College 86-64 last night at the DCU. This has to be at least some solace, n'est-ce pas?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Sader87 - HC basketball beating Boston College 86-64 last night at the DCU. This has to be at least some solace, n'est-ce pas?

Are PL hoops approaching some sort of renaissance? Lehigh almost beat St. John's and pounded William & Mary last night, and now Holy Cross pounds BC.

RichH2
November 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
heading over now. Great day. Here's to a Lehigh win and a safe and good game for all.

Sader87
November 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM

In hindsight, we probably should have joined the ACC in the late '70's.

PAllen
November 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Visiting stands look half empty. Everybody still tailgating?

BisonBohl
November 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
GO PARDS!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 19th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Complete domination by lehigh so far.

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Jake Drwal out for the second half. Injury.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM

They were and I am now 24-0 lehigh

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM
TOUCHDOWN LEHIGHxsmileyclapx

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
31 -0 Lehigh defensive score

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
No touchdown! That call was BS, he was in traffic.

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM
TOUCHDOWN LEHIGH 37-0

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS SCORE. LEHIGH 37 - 7

kardplayer
November 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Just got home from the game. A thorough beat down - 37-13 final was "not as close as the score would indicate" for sure. That said, Lehigh will need to play better to make a playoff run. At a minimum, they need to play smarter - too many dumb penalties. Hopefully, it was just the drama of Lehigh/Lafayette that caused some of the chippiness. We'll see.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Coen put in the scout team defense after the score became 37-0. He gave a chance for Lum to break the single-season passing record, but ultimately decided to take the foot off the gas.

That second unsportsmanlike call on Newton was one of the worst calls I've EVER seen in a college football game. He was ejected because it was his second PF call on the afternoon, but he had to elevate to get in the end zone, he wasn't taunting at all.

This, bar none, was the weirdest Rivalry game I've ever seen or been to. It had a completely different vibe than any other year.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Coen put in the scout team defense after the score became 37-0. He gave a chance for Lum to break the single-season passing record, but ultimately decided to take the foot off the gas.

That second unsportsmanlike call on Newton was one of the worst calls I've EVER seen in a college football game. He was ejected because it was his second PF call on the afternoon, but he had to elevate to get in the end zone, he wasn't taunting at all.

This, bar none, was the weirdest Rivalry game I've ever seen or been to. It had a completely different vibe than any other year.

Left for the lot after 17-0 complete domination to that point, but that is because Lehigh plays no one. THey deserve no repect at the leve of SHSU. they lost in OT in week two.

LUHawker
November 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Just got home from the game. A thorough beat down - 37-13 final was "not as close as the score would indicate" for sure. That said, Lehigh will need to play better to make a playoff run. At a minimum, they need to play smarter - too many dumb penalties. Hopefully, it was just the drama of Lehigh/Lafayette that caused some of the chippiness. We'll see.

I thought most of those personal fouls were very questionable and some were just downright terrible calls.

RichH2
November 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
On theway home,great day total domination until Andy swept the bench. Too many dumb penalties altho I agree there were some really bad calls for both teams.Thought Pards would be more competitve but they are really quite bad. Injuries have really hurt them.

hawkineer
November 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Too many dumb penalties altho I agree there were some really bad calls for both teams.
Same officiating crew who did the Colgate - Lehigh game. They love to throw flags and reset the clocks. Who the heck throws a flag for holding with 2-1/2 minutes to go?xcrazyx Both teams just wanted the game to end at that point. Quite frankly, they $ucked for both games.

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Worst officiating. 15 penalties on Lehigh. I've seen better Officials at POP Warner games.xcrazyx

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know the status on Drwal?

The Historian
November 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Sounded like a hip pointer. At first I thought it might be his hamstring. In either case not a good injury for a wide receiver.

And the officials really did suck.

In the post game interviews, Newton said they called out the wrong number for the taunting penalty early in the game.

I do not think Lafayette is as bad as they looked, but they are not good in the OLine and the front seven on defense.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Sounded like a hip pointer. At first I thought it might be his hamstring. In either case not a good injury for a wide receiver.

In the post game interviews, Newton said they called out the wrong number for the taunting penalty early in the game.

I do not think Lafayette is as bad as they looked, but they are not good in the OLine and the front seven on defense.

They must be because Lehigh is no good ;)

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM

That could take weeks to heal. Not good! Newton got screwed all around then today if they called the wrong number for the taunting penalty. His touchdown should have counted too. He dived because he wanted to make sure he scored. It was as simple as that.

kardplayer
November 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I thought most of those personal fouls were very questionable and some were just downright terrible calls.

Some may have been, but here were the ones I thought were just lack of discipline:

1. Helmet to helmet hit on WR in the middle of the field after it was obvious he wasn't going to catch the ball
2. There was some pushing and shoving down near the goal line where the Lehigh guy pushed a Lafayette player after the whistle
3. There was a 3rd and long that Lafayette missed, but then another PF gave them a first down

If I recall correctly, all three were legit calls. There were others that were less good, but these three were bad.

ngineer
November 19th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Yes, alot of people remained out in the lots drinking and watching on TV.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Yes, alot of people remained out in the lots drinking and watching on TV.

I still can't get over the weird vibe from the game, and that was a part of it. I mean, people filed out at 3PM to go tailgate rather than watch the end of the game. Laf fans I could understand, but I'd say 1/3 of the Lehigh fans, and all of the students, did so.

ngineer
November 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I just got back from a very convivial dinner with a bunch of football alumni from 1971-75. I agree with the tenor of the game. Shoop looked like he was running for his life half the time and it clearly effected his trigger finger. Without the 165 yards in penalties, Lafayette would have had no offense. Their game was as bland as their new uniforms...grey stripe and numbers on a white helmet (which could not be seen on TV I'm told) and grey pants. What happened to maroon??! Seems to me they left their game with the school colors back in Easton.

Aside from comentary on Lafayette's lack of sartorial awareness, Lehigh (thank God) did not come out in brown on brown as some speculated. I think the referees got spooked by the all the woofing between the teams at midfield right after the coin toss and from then on, decided to call appoaching a late hit..a number that were nothing more than some shoves at the end of the play. However, I noted, no flag on LC when Sherman ran for 52 yard TD, in the endzone by 5 yards and got pushed to the ground by a pard. very inconsistent. The Newton foul was ridiculous. There was a Lafayette player in front of him that he dove over! This wasn't a showboat dive with no one around. A real head shaker. This was the most uncompetitive game in 10 years between the schools, when Lehigh won 41-6 in 2001. Although Lehigh lead only 17-0 at half--a deficit any good team can overcome--you sensed that Lafayette was already beat.

Jake Drwal has a minor hip pointer. I spoke with one of the athletic people afterward, and they don't see any problem with him being ready by December 3. Although it would have been nice for Lum and Spadola to run up their stats, it made no sense to risk injury in the fourth quarter, especially after seeing what happened to Drwal. Lehigh will certainly have a bye next week. People are hopeful of a home game on 12/3.

Great tailgating today. Went through 15 turkeys and raised over $2k for the football partnership--including contributions from LAFAYETTE ALUMS who are refusing to give any further to LC until their anti-Greek policies change!

LehighU11
November 20th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Ah, always great to see the entire Lafayette fan base dejected. 7+ minutes left and only the players' parents and the Where's Waldo pep band remaining:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/img0122om.jpg/

RichH2
November 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Great news on Drwal. Cant really comment on fans leaving to go drink as I was one of those.xrolleyesx

lehighfball
November 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Did Lafayette ever get a first down on their own without the help of penalty calls? Did Lehigh set a new record with 15 penalty calls?

LUHawker
November 20th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I still can't get over the weird vibe from the game, and that was a part of it. I mean, people filed out at 3PM to go tailgate rather than watch the end of the game. Laf fans I could understand, but I'd say 1/3 of the Lehigh fans, and all of the students, did so.

For those of us not protected in the press box, it got very chilly and cold in the third quarter and the game was clearly over. I think Lafayette just wanted to leave goodman when it was 30-0. Can't argue with some of the early fan departures.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2011, 04:35 PM
For those of us not protected in the press box, it got very chilly and cold in the third quarter and the game was clearly over. I think Lafayette just wanted to leave goodman when it was 30-0. Can't argue with some of the early fan departures.

1987. 1994. 2006. Now those games were cold, not like the balmy afternoon at Murray Goodman this past Saturday. xlolx

I did leave the confines of the press box to take some pictures, and while a small chill had set in, it wasn't that bad, IMO. Though had my wife come, she'd have been leaving too, I'm sure of it. xlolx

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Cold? No way... I never put my gloves on.

ColgateTD
November 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Just butting in to say, sorry The Game was not more competitive. Thought LC was psyched and ready for the Hawks...apparently not so.

Cold? Should have been at the Bison-'Gate game. 30-40 MPH winds and about 40-45....more of a chill I'd bet than at Goodman.xtwocentsx

ngineer
November 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, certainly not as cold as at the 'gate. Was windier than I thought it was going to be and that effects you when you're just sitting there in the shade. But I dresses appropriately and was there to the 'bitter' end.
Lehigh's band sported brand new uniforms which looked quite sharp with a much darker brown and good us of yellow trim and have taken their performance to a higher level.
I was watching Tavani with my field glasses throughout the game, and I did not detect any sense of frustration or angst. In looking at his face and reaction to various plays it seemed that he almost expected what he was seeing. I was impressed with Hebron's hard running; however, his line did not do much for him. I doubt Frank is in trouble. His team could have folded earlier this year and didn't. Some very close losses (Georgetown and Holy Cross) yet some very bad losses (Stony Brook, Harvard, and Bucknell). Other than Holy Cross, 'pards opposition was no different than the rest of the league. It's just one of those years when we have a very special collection of players and they still have not played their best game.

kardplayer
November 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Very warm in the sun... good to still be a "youngish" alum - my class still sits on the "visitor" side with the other guys. Never even had to put my jacket on. You should have come over - there were plenty of seats available in the second half :)

ngineer
November 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
FOUR PEATS SAKE!!!! I was warm and will be warm all winter!! (;-)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2011, 12:15 AM
My recap of the game that is FINALLY complete.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/lehigh-37-lafayette-13-final.html

ngineer
November 21st, 2011, 08:15 AM
My recap of the game that is FINALLY complete.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/lehigh-37-lafayette-13-final.html]

Nice summary. Lafayette could not wear their 'black on black' becasue the visitor must wear white jerserys and the home team the colors. However, the grey and white was strange and seemed to portend the 'pards' performance..blah.
I like the match up with Towson. A game that is definitely winnable if we play to our potential and cut down on some of the stupid mistakes. We don't want some great third down play for 30+ yards getting called back or allowing TSU a third down conversion because of a penalty. Those are killers. I just hope we dont' get MEAC refs again.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM
]I just hope we dont' get MEAC refs again.

Anything is better than the pathetic Patriot League officials we had on Saturday and throughout the season. We had a MEAC crew at Delaware last year, correct? They seemed better than most PL crews I've seen in recent years xsmhx

RichH2
November 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Geez,

The crew on Sat fell in love with their whistles. Bad calls against both teams and a number of just unnecessary calls ie Newton's TD.
Towson a more pressing concern. Would hope refs will not be the issue after that game.

ngineer
November 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM
Anything is better than the pathetic Patriot League officials we had on Saturday and throughout the season. We had a MEAC crew at Delaware last year, correct? They seemed better than most PL crews I've seen in recent years xsmhx

The MEAC crew was the one that screwed us in the goal line stand debacle in 2004. Absolutely pathetic.

Doc QB
November 21st, 2011, 02:39 PM
]

Nice summary. Lafayette could not wear their 'black on black' becasue the visitor must wear white jerserys and the home team the colors. However, the grey and white was strange and seemed to portend the 'pards' performance..blah.

Seems over the years the 'Pard have made habit of changing uni's a few times, new combinations, black pants, black shirts, maroon pants, grey pants, different helmets, etc.

Maybe Frank should save some of that money, not send it to Nike for uniform changes and spend it on a few more equivalency dollars....