PDA

View Full Version : NW State's Pittman Creates Draft Buzz

TexasTerror
April 25th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I think that outside of Gocong from Cal Poly, Daivd Pittman from Northwestern State is going to make the most out of an NFL career from this year's I-AA class. He's been a flag bearer for I-AA already as he was the lone I-AA player in the Senior Bowl.

Had a sensational NFL combine which he brought more attention to himself and NFL scounts. I wouldn't mind if the Texans took him with the first pick in the third round. The Texans need a corner and while some may not be thrilled with a guy from a percieved small school, they'll learn soon enough what Pittman can bring to the table...

NSU's Pittman creates draft buzz
April 25, 2006
By Brian Vernellis
[email protected]

Those scouts who didn't know about Northwestern State cornerback David Pittman quickly took notice at the Senior Bowl. Those who didn't believe in him were won over at the NFL Combine.

"That's what really put my name out there," Pittman said of the Senior Bowl.

Pittman's stock has risen since his performances at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine. Many scouts and draft analysts believe Pittman could be one of the hidden gems of the NFL Draft this weekend.

"David is a special football player," said Northwestern State head coach Scott Stoker. "He's going to join a lot of Demons in the NFL and we're expecting great things from him."

Draft projections have him going in the third or fourth rounds, possibly as high as late second round. Pittman believes he'll be taken in the second round.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060425/SPORTS02/604250313/1001/SPORTS