PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra's Colon - First Non-Combine Invitee Drafted?

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Willie Colon has been getting quite a bit of attention this week and that's not a bad thing for the Hofstra lineman who according to this, may be the first non-NFL Combine invitee to get drafted in next week's draft...

Non-Combine Sleeper: Willie Colon, OL, Hofstra: Colon, 6-3, 320, has started each of the past three seasons for Hofstra at right tackle. Though he has earned acknowledgement throughout much of his career, Colon improved as his career went on and he was recognized as an All-Atlantic 10 first team selection, as well as a first team I-AA All-American as selected by both the Walter Camp Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA). Colon might lack the size to play outside, but is athletic, intelligent, and hard-working. When it is all said and done Colon might end up being the first drafted among those not invited to the Combine.

UNH 40
April 20th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Willie Colon has been getting quite a bit of attention this week and that's not a bad thing for the Hofstra lineman who according to this, may be the first non-NFL Combine invitee to get drafted in next week's draft...

Non-Combine Sleeper: Willie Colon, OL, Hofstra: Colon, 6-3, 320, has started each of the past three seasons for Hofstra at right tackle. Though he has earned acknowledgement throughout much of his career, Colon improved as his career went on and he was recognized as an All-Atlantic 10 first team selection, as well as a first team I-AA All-American as selected by both the Walter Camp Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA). Colon might lack the size to play outside, but is athletic, intelligent, and hard-working. When it is all said and done Colon might end up being the first drafted among those not invited to the Combine.

I would agree with that. All in all I think that Colon is one of the top 5 prospects coming out of I-aa this season. I played against him in 2003 and 2004 and thought that he was far and away the best lineman that I faced. Even better than Adam Kieft who got drafted early in last years draft out of Central Michigan, and he was much better than the lineman from Rutgers. I hope he gets selected, he diserves to.

walliver
April 20th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Hofstra's Colon - First Non-combine Invitee Drafted?

Any of Hofstra's other organs getting interest from the NFL.:D