PDA

View Full Version : If any team has ever been lucky to win a game.....

Pages : 1 [2]

StorminASU
September 27th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I'm with you, brother - is it my turn, or your turn, to anoint His feet with oil?

I'm still waiting to save enough money to visit the FCS Mecca, maybe then I can enter the lottery and sacrifice my first newborn so I can touch his feet with my black and gold pompoms. Hopefully he'll rub some excellence on them.

Appattk
September 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
At first I thought that it was just the App State homers who didnt understand the game of football, now I realize it is FCS fans all around the country. To act as it if it absurd that anyone would suggest that the best team actually lost a football game is just sad. This happens all the time, and a clearcut case of this was Saturday at the "rock." There is no doubt about it.

If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you.

ASUMountaineer
September 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
So, App-a-latch-un... since you were actually there, I'm dying to know.

How did it feel to get so utterly and thoroughly dominated by a team that didn't beat you?

It's ok. We all sympathize with your humiliation.

Other than the item I bolded...where does this "domination" show up? I witnessed a defensive battle at KBS that left me impressed with Chatty and ASU's D.

Team Statistics (Final)
2011 Appalachian State Football
#13 Chattanooga vs #3 Appalachian State (Sep 24, 2011 at Boone, N.C.)
Team Totals UTC ASU
FIRST DOWNS 21 15
Rushing 7 7
Passing 11 8
Penalty 3 0
NET YARDS RUSHING 32 141
Rushing Attempts 30 40
Average Per Rush 1.1 3.5
Rushing Touchdowns 0 0
Yards Gained Rushing 79 146
Yards Lost Rushing 47 5
NET YARDS PASSING 270 143
Completions-Attempts-Int 22-42-2 12-22-2
Average Per Attempt 6.4 6.5
Average Per Completion 12.3 11.9
Passing Touchdowns 1 0
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 302 284
Total offense plays 72 62
Average Gain Per Play 4.2 4.6
Fumbles: Number-Lost 2-1 1-1
Penalties: Number-Yards 1-15 7-83
PUNTS-YARDS 6-283 7-297
Average Yards Per Punt 47.2 42.4
Net Yards Per Punt 43.3 33.9
Inside 20 4 1
50+ Yards 3 1
Touchbacks 1 3
Fair catch 1 2
KICKOFFS-YARDS 4-254 3-185
Average Yards Per Kickoff 63.5 61.7
Net Yards Per Kickoff 45.2 40.7
Touchbacks 0 1
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 0-0-0 1-3-0
Average Per Return 0.0 3.0
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 2-43-0 4-73-0
Average Per Return 21.5 18.2
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 2--3-0 2-69-1
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 1-73-1
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Possession Time 30:32 29:28
1st Quarter 6:36 8:24
2nd Quarter 7:46 7:14
3rd Quarter 9:14 5:46
4th Quarter 6:56 8:04
Third-Down Conversions 7 of 18 5 of 14
Fourth-Down Conversions 0 of 1 0 of 0
Red-Zone Scores-Chances 3-5 0-1
Touchdowns 1-5 0-1
Field goals 2-5 0-1
Sacks By: Number-Yards 0-0 4-26
PAT Kicks 0-0 2-2
Field Goals 2-3 0-1

appstate38
September 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM
So what have we learned here through 26 pages of posts and replies.... UTC was the better team on this day even though the scoreboard showed otherwise. Taking care of the football is not a priority for the Mocs. Defensives that take advantage of the opponents mistakes makes them lucky, but it doesn't make the offense careless....When and if the Mocs lose again the rest of the SoCon faithful should be prepared to suffer through more long drawn out posts from ChattownMocs as to why they were superior but couldn't prove it on the scoreboard.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
So what have we learned here through 26 pages of posts and replies.... UTC was the better team on this day even though the scoreboard showed otherwise. Taking care of the football is not a priority for the Mocs. Defensives that take advantage of the opponents mistakes makes them lucky, but it doesn't make the offense careless....When and if the Mocs lose again the rest of the SoCon faithful should be prepared to suffer through more long drawn out posts from ChattownMocs as to why they were superior but couldn't prove it on the scoreboard.

And once again another fail. The scoreboard is not there to decide who the better team is. It is their to decide the winner of a specific contest. As most fans who actually have any knowledge of the game know, The better team doesnt always win. I hate to repeat myself over and over but these idiots cant seem to grasp this easy point. When a team is outplayed in almost every area of the game all night and gets a few lucky breaks to win a game that doesnt make them the better team. It makes them lucky.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Other than the item I bolded...where does this "domination" show up? I witnessed a defensive battle at KBS that left me impressed with Chatty and ASU's D.

Team Statistics (Final)
Team Totals UTC ASU
FIRST DOWNS 21 15
Rushing 7 7
Passing 11 8
Penalty 3 0
NET YARDS RUSHING 32 141
Rushing Attempts 30 40
Average Per Rush 1.1 3.5
Rushing Touchdowns 0 0
Yards Lost Rushing 47 5
Passing Touchdowns 1 0
PUNTS-YARDS 6-283 7-297
Inside 20 4 1
50+ Yards 3 1
Touchbacks 1 3
Fair catch 1 2
Touchbacks 0 1
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Touchdowns 1-5 0-1
Field goals 2-5 0-1
PAT Kicks 0-0 2-2
Field Goals 2-3 0-1

It ceertainly wasnt domination in any specific area. It was an overall control of a football game issue. Here is a stat that you fail to consider. Chattanooga was in your red zone 5 times. You got inside the Chattanooga 37 1 time in the game. Your football team couldnt even come close to scoring. See you might actually have to watch a game to pick up on stuff like this. Only an Appalachian fan would watch a game, and then look at a box score and find out what happened.

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 12:25 PM
And once again another fail. The scoreboard is not there to decide who the better team is. It is their to decide the winner of a specific contest. As most fans who actually have any knowledge of the game know, The better team doesnt always win. I hate to repeat myself over and over but these idiots cant seem to grasp this easy point. When a team is outplayed in almost every area of the game all night and gets a few lucky breaks to win a game that doesnt make them the better team. It makes them lucky.

It was not luck that 2 huge Chattanooga mistakes were turned into touchdowns by Appalachian, it was the ASU defense and specials teams making plays. ASU had a bad snap on a chip shot FG as well and although it resulted in a missed opportunity for points, our holder recovered and we got off an attempt. When it happened for UTC, the holder could not field the ball and the kicker watched as Rodger Walker ran it in 70+ yards. Presley threw 2 INT's as well but our receivers swarmed the defender on both occasions and did not allow a long return. Coleman's first INT floated in the air for plenty of time after bouncing off a receiver but still nobody even touched Kimbrough on his way into the end zone. Winning teams make big plays like that and you can call it luck all you want, but it seems odd to me that the 6-5 teams are always the ones with the bad luck, year after year. The fact is that UTC is not quite there yet, nobody on that team has experience winning big games.

They still have a great opportunity to make the playoffs and I expect them to do so, but blaming all your team's shortcoming on luck and not acknowledging their obvious propensity for big mistakes late in close games is a loser's mentality.

Apphole
September 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Chattownmocs: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

eaglewraith
September 27th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Your football team couldnt even come close to scoring.

Son, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

The only stat that matters at the end of the day is what it says on the scoreboard. Yards given up, yards gained, first downs....none of that matters if you don't score the most points.

ASUG8
September 27th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I have never seen a more blatant head in the sand response to the outcome of a game played by NCAA rules in my life. xlolx

Cam Newton threw for 422, 2TD's and 1 int in a loss to Arizona week 1. Was Carolina the better team?

He threw for 432 in week 2, 1TD, 3 Int's in a loss vs. Green Bay. Scoreboard errantly gave the win to GB, despite a seemingly better offensive performance by the kitties.

You know what? Despite two amazing passing performances the Panthers entered week 3 with two losses (using TD's as a proxy for how good the teams were). If BJ had thrown for 900 yards and circumstances occurred that drove defensive scores that more than offset UTC scoring, should that count? Maybe we should have "do overs" when an interception, fumble recovery, or bad snap occur. Or maybe defensive scores should only be for 3 points since they really aren't indicative of how good a team is? Chatty kept ASU out of the end zone with their great defense, but our crappy defense who took advantage or forced mistakes on UTC are lesser?

Got it. Pass the pipe. xcoffeex

Squealofthepig
September 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
It ceertainly wasnt domination in any specific area.

When a team is outplayed in almost every area of the game all night and gets a few lucky breaks to win a game that doesnt make them the better team.

It's amazing you can say these things in consecutive posts. How are you not in politics?

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Son, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

The only stat that matters at the end of the day is what it says on the scoreboard. Yards given up, yards gained, first downs....none of that matters if you don't score the most points.

None of it is worth more than any other when it comes to who the better team is. The winner of a game ultimately is the goal. But coming out of that game, who actually played better and has the best team going forward is certainly up for discussion after a game like that. And after watching it I would have to go with the Chattanooga mocs.

eaglewraith
September 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
None of it is worth more than any other when it comes to who the better team is. The winner of a game ultimately is the goal. But coming out of that game, who actually played better and has the best team going forward is certainly up for discussion after a game like that. And after watching it I would have to go with the Chattanooga mocs.

But from what I've seen, they weren't as lucky as you are trying to imply. You may have been more in control on offense, however they made the plays they had to make to win the game. That doesn't scream lucky to me. That means they know how to win games.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I have never seen a more blatant head in the sand response to the outcome of a game played by NCAA rules in my life. xlolx

Cam Newton threw for 422, 2TD's and 1 int in a loss to Arizona week 1. Was Carolina the better team?

He threw for 432 in week 2, 1TD, 3 Int's in a loss vs. Green Bay. Scoreboard errantly gave the win to GB, despite a seemingly better offensive performance by the kitties.

You know what? Despite two amazing passing performances the Panthers entered week 3 with two losses (using TD's as a proxy for how good the teams were). If BJ had thrown for 900 yards and circumstances occurred that drove defensive scores that more than offset UTC scoring, should that count? Maybe we should have "do overs" when an interception, fumble recovery, or bad snap occur. Or maybe defensive scores should only be for 3 points since they really aren't indicative of how good a team is? Chatty kept ASU out of the end zone with their great defense, but our crappy defense who took advantage or forced mistakes on UTC are lesser?

Got it. Pass the pipe. xcoffeex

Good example..not..as to your last point, good argument for me. One defense kept the otehr team out of the end zone with one exception despite allowing the other team to get close time and again. And came up with a deperation pick and caught an easy tipped ball after the Wide out tipped it to them. The other defense kept the other team from coming close to scoring. So ultimately as long as no points are on scored, the "scoreboard" doesnt know the difference. But in reality the more successful team was the one who got closer. So it may not "count" But it does give us an idea of who the teams are. Because everything but the fluke plays are probably going to repeat themselves for these teams as the year goes on.

ASUG8
September 27th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Maybe you should have attended one of those "Football 101" classes they do for women early in the season since the goal of the game has escaped you. One of, if not the first sentences would likely be "The winner is determined by who scores the most points." The depth and insight you've displayed and the complete disregard for the opinions of some very knowledgeable folks on this forum borders on lunacy.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:47 PM
But from what I've seen, they weren't as lucky as you are trying to imply. You may have been more in control on offense, however they made the plays they had to make to win the game. That doesn't scream lucky to me. That means they know how to win games.

They know how to make the opposing longsnapper make a bad snap? Make a wideout tip the ball up in the air for an easy pick?

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Because getting dominated in a specific area, and getting generally outplayed are not even close to the same thing.

TheRevSFA
September 27th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Those lucky breaks were App State capitalizing on Chatty's mistakes right? Remember the old addage - "Offense wins games, but defense wins championships" It doesn't matter that Chatty was in the red zone 5 times if they could not capitalize on it. Just because you get there doesn't make you good.

If your QB didn't throw a pick..App wouldn't have scored. If you could hold on to the ball, App wouldn't have scored....that's not luck, that's capitalizing on opportunities created.

ASUG8
Good example..not..as to your last point, good argument for me. One defense kept the otehr team out of the end zone with one exception despite allowing the other team to get close time and again. And came up with a deperation pick and caught an easy tipped ball after the Wide out tipped it to them. The other defense kept the other team from coming close to scoring. So ultimately as long as no points are on scored, the "scoreboard" doesnt know the difference. But in reality the more successful team was the one who got closer. So it may not "count" But it does give us an idea of who the teams are. Because everything but the fluke plays are probably going to repeat themselves for these teams as the year goes on.

Not really sure how that example solidifies anything you've said. I guess we should thank your WR for tipping the ball - maybe he was throwing the game? There should be an investigation.
Are you advocating "do-overs" or lower points for defensive scores? That's what it sounds like if you agree with my last point. xcoffeex

chattownmocs
Maybe you should have attended one of those "Football 101" classes they do for women early in the season since the goal of the game has escaped you. One of, if not the first sentences would likely be "The winner is determined by who scores the most points." The depth and insight you've displayed and the complete disregard for the opinions of some very knowledgeable folks on this forum borders on lunacy.

Once again no one has disputed the winner of the game. I even specifically stated this in my previous point. Can you read?

Squealofthepig
September 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Because getting dominated in a specific area, and getting generally outplayed are not even close to the same thing.

So, you can't point to specifics so that proves your point? Did you know that circular reasoning is reasoning that is circular?

No, I'm sure that escapes you, too.

Smitty
September 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Wow this thread is still going on? I need a refill... xpopcornx

DJKyR0
September 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Reading this thread you would've thought Chattanooga won the game or something.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Those lucky breaks were App State capitalizing on Chatty's mistakes right? Remember the old addage - "Offense wins games, but defense wins championships" It doesn't matter that Chatty was in the red zone 5 times if they could not capitalize on it. Just because you get there doesn't make you good.

If your QB didn't throw a pick..App wouldn't have scored. If you could hold on to the ball, App wouldn't have scored....that's not luck, that's capitalizing on opportunities created.

Pick 6s arent that rare. They arent very lucky either when they occur as normal. The corner or safety or LB reads the CB and steps up and makes the play. But for a reciever to not expect the ball on a quick little slant and stick a hand out and tip it up in the air, right to a fat little LB who has a clear path to the goal line is a fluke. To have a longsnapper randomly snap a ball so poorly that it bounces of a lineman's leg and then ricochets all the way accross the field where a defender can scoop and run all the way for a td is a fluke.

ASUG8
September 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Once again noone has disputed the inner of the game. You fail miserably as usual. I even specifically stated this in my previous point. Can you read?

No you've repeatedly said that Chatty was the better team when the scoreboard says otherwise. I have the reading comprehension to get the words you're typing, but I have difficulty molding that into the reality that occurred on Saturday. 14-12. You appear to be alone in your opinion, even among your UTC brethren who actually get how the game is played.

BTW, who's the inner of the game. I did have trouble putting that into context. :D

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:56 PM
So, you can't point to specifics so that proves your point? Did you know that circular reasoning is reasoning that is circular?

No, I'm sure that escapes you, too.

Ive pointed to specific areas time and time again. Even to specific plays.

Apphole
September 27th, 2011, 12:58 PM
If Chatty loses to WC and GaSo, look for chattown being wheeled away in a straight jacket, laughing hysterically

TheRevSFA
September 27th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Pick 6s arent that rare. They arent very lucky either when they occur as normal. The corner or safety or LB reads the CB and steps up and makes the play. But for a reciever to not expect the ball on a quick little slant and stick a hand out and tip it up in the air, right to a fat little LB who has a clear path to the goal line is a fluke. To have a longsnapper randomly snap a ball so poorly that it bounces of a lineman's leg and then ricochets all the way accross the field where a defender can scoop and run all the way for a td is a fluke.

The tip pass is lucky but capitalizing...the longsnapper is lack of coaching and needs addressed.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM
No you've repeatedly said that Chatty was the better team when the scoreboard says otherwise. I have the reading comprehension to get the words you're typing, but I have difficulty molding that into the reality that occurred on Saturday. 14-12. You appear to be alone in your opinion, even among your UTC brethren who actually get how the game is played.

BTW, who's the inner of the game. I did have trouble putting that into context. :D

And your last desperate attempt has failed. Once again the scoreboard does not show who the better team is. It simply shows the score. Anyone who would look at a 14-12 score and pretend that proves that one team is better than the other simply doesnt know the game.

TheRevSFA
Just remember. App State won. Chatty lost. End of story.

Better luck next year.

CC Eagle

Team Statistics (Final)
Team Totals UTC ASU
FIRST DOWNS 21 15
Rushing 7 7
Passing 11 8
Penalty 3 0
NET YARDS RUSHING 32 141
Rushing Attempts 30 40
Average Per Rush 1.1 3.5
Rushing Touchdowns 0 0
Yards Lost Rushing 47 5
Passing Touchdowns 1 0
PUNTS-YARDS 6-283 7-297
Inside 20 4 1
50+ Yards 3 1
Touchbacks 1 3
Fair catch 1 2
Touchbacks 0 1
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Touchdowns 1-5 0-1
Field goals 2-5 0-1
PAT Kicks 0-0 2-2
Field Goals 2-3 0-1

Actually, my post about ASU getting dominated was meant to be entirely sarcastic.

ASU might have gotten a little bit of a break, but they certainly weren't dominated in any facet of the game, and even if they were, it doesn't matter because they won.

I think that chattownmocs is just as bat**** crazy as you guys. He's off his rocker and can't deal with the fact that good teams can beat his merry band of All-World supermen even without the benefit of an offensive point.

Sorry to have botched up my sarcasm in the first post. It looks like you spent a good long while trying to prove me wrong on something I would have agreed with you on all along. :D

StorminASU
Ive pointed to specific areas time and time again. Even to specific plays.

How long does computer time last at the asylum? Isn't your couple of hours almost up?

Squealofthepig
September 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Reading this thread you would've thought Chattanooga won the game or something.

No no, the point of this thread is that chattownmocs has an opinion that Chattanooga has a better football team than Appalachian State, and is unable to understand that what he has is just an opinion, treating it as if it's somehow the absolute word of god (and anyone with a differing opinion? Just an idiot. All of us). If he ever understands that, the thread will die, but for now it's fun just to watch him twist in the wind.

ASUG8
September 27th, 2011, 01:02 PM
And your last desperate attempt has failed. Once again the scoreboard does not show who the better team is. It simply shows the score. Anyone who would look at a 14-12 score and oretend that proves that one team is better than the other simply doesnt know the game.

I'll be sure and remember that if you guys go 6-5 or 7-4 and don't make the playoffs because of that darned partial scoreboard. xcoffeex

I'm out....this was fun for a while, but now it's kind of like shooting cattle for sport. xlolx

Squealofthepig
September 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Anyone who would look at a 14-12 score and oretend that proves that one team is better than the other simply doesnt know the game.

Please see your original post and then explain yourself, as that is exactly what you've been doing the entire thread.

Thank you for finally acknowledging you do not know the game.

biggie
September 27th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Rename thread:

"If any poster has ever been lucky to not be banned yet..."

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 01:21 PM

I had a high school football coach that used to always say 'Excuses only satisfy the people that make them'. You are still in high school, right? It is a damn shame that none of the football players even have the decency to impart some similar knowledge on you before your daily wedgie.

Travelinneer
September 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
And your last desperate attempt has failed. Once again the scoreboard does not show who the better team is. It simply shows the score. Anyone who would look at a 14-12 score and oretend that proves that one team is better than the other simply doesnt know the game.

Ahhhhhhh, so the better team has lost 25 out of the last 28 times that we have played each other. I hope we are never the better team when we play y'all.

fluke    /fluk/ Show Spelled[flook] noun
1. the part of an anchor that catches in the ground, especially the flat triangular piece at the end of each arm.

SpeedkingATL
September 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Gee this is kind of like the way children are raised these days with no score being kept, there are no winners and losers and everyone gets a trophy. Welcome to the new world of protecting the egos of losers and on Saturday the Mocs were the losers.

ASUMountaineer
September 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM
It ceertainly wasnt domination in any specific area. It was an overall control of a football game issue. Here is a stat that you fail to consider. Chattanooga was in your red zone 5 times. You got inside the Chattanooga 37 1 time in the game. Your football team couldnt even come close to scoring. See you might actually have to watch a game to pick up on stuff like this. Only an Appalachian fan would watch a game, and then look at a box score and find out what happened.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Actually Chattown, I just simply copied and pasted the team statistics have fun with cceagle--I'm not interested in comparing the stats that aid your moral victory. As to watching the game, I was actually there and it sucked to watch, save for two plays. Our offense was horrible, but our defense did enough to win--I left feeling lucky we won.

I'm not arguing with you...Chatty played a better game, but failed to convert when it needed to. Seems to me that had a little bit to do with Chatty's offense and a little to do with ASU's defense. I'm also not looking at the box score to see what happened, I was having a little fun with a GSU fan.

BTW, I'm a fan of your work...something not seen in these parts since the great alexale. I urge you to keep it up.

14-12

ASUMountaineer
September 27th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Actually, my post about ASU getting dominated was meant to be entirely sarcastic.

ASU might have gotten a little bit of a break, but they certainly weren't dominated in any facet of the game, and even if they were, it doesn't matter because they won.

I think that chattownmocs is just as bat**** crazy as you guys. He's off his rocker and can't deal with the fact that good teams can beat his merry band of All-World supermen even without the benefit of an offensive point.

Sorry to have botched up my sarcasm in the first post. It looks like you spent a good long while trying to prove me wrong on something I would have agreed with you on all along. :D

I figured as such, so I thought I'd indulge in a chattown-esque response. Actually, it was no trouble...just copy and paste from goasu.com.

I don't think chattown is crazy, I just think he's baiting people...there's no way anyone could believe the stuff he says. I think he's hilarious...xlolx

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Please see your original post and then explain yourself, as that is exactly what you've been doing the entire thread.

Thank you for finally acknowledging you do not know the game.

The only people who think that the best team wins every game apparently are the knowledge-lacking FCS fans that frequent this board. Its pretty obvious that I am correct when instead of arguing that Appalachian State was the better team and that they play better, the argument is that they are better simply because they won a home game. Absurdity.

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 03:34 PM
The only people who think that the best team wins every game apparently are the knowledge-lacking FCS fans that frequent this board. Its pretty obvious that I am correct when instead of arguing that Appalachian State was the better team and that they play better, the argument is that they are better simply because they won a home game. Absurdity.

No, they are better because they almost ALWAYS win their home games. This was not a one-time occurance, ASU is 58-4 their last 62 home games. We have lost exactly 3 SoCon games at home since 1998. It is a program accustomed to winning. The worst season any player on the ASU roster has been a part of is 10 wins and an appearance in the National Quarterfinals. UTC does not have one player or coach that has seen the playoffs (as a member of the UTC staff). Until they can PROVE they are better on the field by actually winning a game against ASU, there is no argument for them being a better team.

Absurdity is expecting anyone to believe that a team with a perennial 6-win ceiling is better than the 6X defending conference champions just because they almost beat them twice.

boonegoon
September 27th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Please, oh please let this thread die. This is like letting your dog live with liver cancer instead of putting it down. Geezusss.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 06:07 PM
No, they are better because they almost ALWAYS win their home games. This was not a one-time occurance, ASU is 58-4 their last 62 home games. We have lost exactly 3 SoCon games at home since 1998. It is a program accustomed to winning. The worst season any player on the ASU roster has been a part of is 10 wins and an appearance in the National Quarterfinals. UTC does not have one player or coach that has seen the playoffs (as a member of the UTC staff). Until they can PROVE they are better on the field by actually winning a game against ASU, there is no argument for them being a better team.

Absurdity is expecting anyone to believe that a team with a perennial 6-win ceiling is better than the 6X defending conference champions just because they almost beat them twice.

Oh really? So how about if they win the national championship? Does that mean Appalachian State is still better because they got a fluky win in week 4? Be serious!!!

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Oh really? So how about if they win the national championship? Does that mean Appalachian State is still better because they got a fluky win in week 4? Be serious!!!

Ha... good one!

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Ha... good one!

Honestly though, are you saying that their is zero chance of Chattanooga winning the national title. And if so, why do you believe that? Is it because of past history? Or do you think that the team you saw saturday has no chance to develop into a team that can win it all? Im not saying they will. I just want your honest opinion on why they can't/

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Honestly though, are you saying that their is zero chance of Chattanooga winning the national title. And if so, why do you believe that? Is it because of past history? Or do you think that the team you saw saturday has no chance to develop into a team that can win it all? Im not saying they will. I just want your honest opinion on why they can't/

In my earlier statement, I meant that as of right now, they have not had overall success or success vs. ASU. Therefore, there is no real rationale for saying they are a better team.

Of course there is a chance, I was just having some fun. I fully expect UTC to make the playoffs and once you are in, there is always a chance. There are a handful of teams I would put ahead of Chattanooga (and ahead of ASU as well for that matter), but they should get their shot. They are obviously a well-coached team, very good defensively and have a nice passing game. Their problem will be correcting the kicking game which always seems to bite them in close games and developing a consistent ground game to become balanced on offense. No matter how good your passing game is, it can be stopped if you become one-dimensional. A lot can change in the next couple of months and if they improve enough, I would not be surprised to see them make a run. I would be surprised if they won it all though.

Saint3333
September 27th, 2011, 07:21 PM

With your offensive line, no I don't think they have a chance. BJ might not make it through the season either. Wofford and GSU's defensive line will hit him often and hard.

appvette
September 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Every team has a limited amount of resources (practice time, scholarships, etc.). Some teams chose to dedicate their resources to offense and defense and overlook special teams. UTC has obviously chosen to divert their resources to offense and defense and neglect special teams (see other ST stats... not just the ASU game). This has made their team better on O and D, but it caught up to them Saturday when their ST couldn't get it done. It is not a fluke when a team with poor ST loses to a team with good ST, especially when the deciding points happened on a ST play.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Every team has a limited amount of resources (practice time, scholarships, etc.). Some teams chose to dedicate their resources to offense and defense and overlook special teams. UTC has obviously chosen to divert their resources to offense and defense and neglect special teams (see other ST stats... not just the ASU game). This has made their team better on O and D, but it caught up to them Saturday when their ST couldn't get it done. It is not a fluke when a team with poor ST loses to a team with good ST, especially when the deciding points happened on a ST play.

It seems that you have come to the comclusion that Chattanooga lost the special teams battle. Rightfully so because that one play was definitely the turning point in that game. But then again overall, the mocs won the majority of the special teams battle, they won the field position battle easily. They had a better FG percentage. It just came down to one bad snap. Which happens but for the other team to be able to pick it up and score a TD is fluky.

Twentysix
September 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
It seems that you have come to the comclusion that Chattanooga lost the special teams battle. Rightfully so because that one play was definitely the turning point in that game. But then again overall, the mocs won the majority of the special teams battle, they won the field position battle easily. They had a better FG percentage. It just came down to one bad snap.

y u mad bro

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 08:11 PM
y u mad bro

That was an unbelievably quick response. Ill give you that. Maybe it was a fluke. Ive never seen someone reply to a message with quote that quickly.

appvette
September 27th, 2011, 08:22 PM
It seems that you have come to the comclusion that Chattanooga lost the special teams battle. Rightfully so because that one play was definitely the turning point in that game. But then again overall, the mocs won the majority of the special teams battle, they won the field position battle easily. They had a better FG percentage. It just came down to one bad snap. Which happens but for the other team to be able to pick it up and score a TD is fluky.

You bring up a good point. I noticed that every UTC punt took a UTC bounce/roll and every ASU punt took a UTC bounce/roll. That is more of luck / fluke than a bad snap that is quickly picked up and ran back. The bad snap showed poor skill on UTC and great awareness and athletecism on ASU's part. The lucky bounces for UTC were just that... luck.

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 08:34 PM
You bring up a good point. I noticed that every UTC punt took a UTC bounce/roll and every ASU punt took a UTC bounce/roll. That is more of luck / fluke than a bad snap that is quickly picked up and ran back. The bad snap showed poor skill on UTC and great awareness and athletecism on ASU's part. The lucky bounces for UTC were just that... luck.

Well, yes and no... punting a football is a very specific technique and the great ones can be very precise with it. For example, how often do you see an NFL punter boot a ball 50 yards and then have it bounce backwards? Sam has been on point all season but he sure was not on Saturday.

You have so many plays on offense/defense that you have plenty of chances to make up for your mishaps. The thing about special teams is you have such a limited opportunity to make an impact, you cannot afford any slip-ups. Chattanooga had a big one and it cost them.

OB55
September 27th, 2011, 08:34 PM
xsighx

xeyebrowx

xcoolx

xlolx

:D

xlmaoxxlmaox

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM

Actually it seemed that neither team wanted to return a punt, Appalachiant state had a near 70 yard punt right after we had our 60+ yarder. If you think angled punts that roll are more rare than a chip shot FG snapped off a lineman's lef returned for a td, Id have to say, you havent watched much football.

Block-A
September 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/H3LL83NT/fluke.gif

Ever notice how the fluke, when viewed from above, is roughly shaped like a football?

I like my fluke stuffed with crabmeat.

Twentysix
September 27th, 2011, 09:21 PM
That was an unbelievably quick response. Ill give you that. Maybe it was a fluke. Ive never seen someone reply to a message with quote that quickly.

I've got southern* speed. xshhhx

It becomes very obvious when I ubermicro.

southern refers to the part of korea in which my speed typically hails from

gasoutherneagle
September 28th, 2011, 03:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/H3LL83NT/fluke.gif

Ever notice how the fluke, when viewed from above, is roughly shaped like a football?

I like my fluke stuffed with crabmeat.

"What's my Delta Tau Ki name?!?"
"chattownmocs, we've given this a lot of thought. Your Delta Tau Ki name is 'Flounder'."

alvinkayak6
September 28th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I thought a fluke was a worm that you don't want in your intestines. Or a small private university in Durham that has an oddly colored inhabitant of hell as its mascot.

PantherRob82
September 28th, 2011, 05:34 AM
2011 National Champions UT-C Mocs were cheated of the win. Bow down.

Eagle22
September 28th, 2011, 05:46 AM
2011 National Champions UT-C Mocs were cheated of the win. Bow down.

You know, you might be onto something there. In 1999, a funny, single bounce of the football, in Boone NC, caused Georgia Southern to lose by a single point. GSU was ranked #1, and in their superior skill, blocked a punt. Again, due to Georgia Southern's superior skill, the Mountaineers were backed up near their goal line. GSU blocks the punt, which hits that Boone turf and was propelled at light speed through the endzone for a safety. Free kick ensues, Georgia Southern only gets a field goal on the ensuing drive. Yes, everyone knows had we received the punt at midfield we would have scored a TD, and then won the game. But no, ASU was the benefit of a fluke play. [/sarcasm]

And of course, GSU went on to win the 1999 National Championship. (The moral of the story). App's luck ran out in the opening round of the playoffs, as they became perhaps the only SoCon team to lose in the first round to a MEAC team, which that year happened to be a very, very good FAMU team.

We also beat the pants off of Chattanooga that year .... by the narrow margin of 49-10.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2011, 05:51 AM
You know, you might be onto something there. In 1999, a funny, single bounce of the football, in Boone NC, caused Georgia Southern to lose by a single point. GSU was ranked #1, and in their superior skill, blocked a punt. Again, due to Georgia Southern's superior skill, the Mountaineers were backed up near their goal line. GSU blocks the punt, which hits that Boone turf and was propelled at light speed through the endzone for a safety. Free kick ensues, Georgia Southern only gets a field goal on the ensuing drive. Yes, everyone knows had we received the punt at midfield we would have scored a TD, and then won the game. But no, ASU was the benefit of a fluke play. [/sarcasm]

And of course, GSU went on to win the 1999 National Championship. (The moral of the story). App's luck ran out in the opening round of the playoffs, as they became perhaps the only SoCon team to lose in the first round to a MEAC team, which that year happened to be a very, very good FAMU team.

We also beat the pants off of Chattanooga that year .... by the narrow margin of 49-10.

Judging by that story chatanooga won the NC that year. Talk about one sided.

PantherRob82
September 28th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Didnt FAMU have to vacate that year?

Twentysix
September 28th, 2011, 06:48 AM

They already live in florida what do they need a vacation for..:p

Eagle22
September 28th, 2011, 07:25 AM

I dunno. I do know that they should have beaten YSU .. and that had they done that, it would have been a tough matchup for the Eagles in Chattanooga.

Appattk
September 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I dunno. I do know that they should have beaten YSU .. and that had they done that, it would have been a tough matchup for the Eagles in Chattanooga.

They also ran 3 plays over and over again... with a hurry-up offense... And it completely smoked our D.... That was one PAINFUL loss!

ASUMountaineer
September 28th, 2011, 12:49 PM

I'll take the bait for **** and giggles. Stab in the dark...because they can't even beat teams that are inferior. xsalutex

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM

Chatty should have a recruited someone that could snap the ball better. Live and learn...

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Chatty should have a recruited someone that could snap the ball better. Live and learn...

So he isnt capable of snapping the ball better?

DJKyR0
September 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM
You know what? This thread has led me to declare last season's NDSU-EWU game a fluke after the non-fumble gave the Eagles the game. As such, and presumably because we would've handily defeated the remaining schools in the field by a minimum of three touchdowns, I am declaring NDSU to have been National Champions last season.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2011, 01:19 PM
You know what? This thread has led me to declare last season's NDSU-EWU game a fluke after the non-fumble gave the Eagles the game. As such, and presumably because we would've handily defeated the remaining schools in the field by a minimum of three touchdowns, I am declaring NDSU to have been National Champions last season.

Not you or the NCSU posters that now frequent AGS, but other NDSU fans have made that exact claim over and over.xlolx

Which reminds me to again compliment the NDSU guys that are here now. A damn good group of reality based individuals.xthumbsupx

But I do miss lakes & JBB because they are a **** load of fun.xlolx

Rob Iola
September 28th, 2011, 01:23 PM

I like a nice snapper...

DJKyR0
September 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
but other NDSU fans have made that exact claim over and over.xlolx

Don't remind me.xsmhx

theasushow
September 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I think every single sporting event in the history of the world should be reviewed and evaluated, and if it was determined that there were any "fluke" plays, then the outcome should immediately be reversed and the losing team will in fact, be crowned victorious.

asumike83
September 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Can I be the one to tell John Fox that the Panthers won the Super Bowl in '04? I mean, seriously, how often does a pro kicker boot a kickoff out of bounds? Hand over the ring and the hoodie Bill, that was a fluke.

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Bhahaha. I think we should go back and review the Chattanooga at App State tape and then have all of their fans simply admit that 95% of the time a game goes that way the outcome goes the other way.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM
DAMNIT! I so want to watch this game!

I couldn't get anyone to respond to me on the game thread but wasn't there supposed to be an internet fee or something through PBS or something? If there is and anyone has a link put it up and I'm gonna be ready next time.

ASUG8
September 28th, 2011, 02:08 PM

I couldn't get anyone to respond to me on the game thread but wasn't there supposed to be an internet fee or something through PBS or something? If there is and anyone has a link put it up and I'm gonna be ready next time.

You'll just have to settle for watching the Mocs dismantle someone in the Rose Bowl in early '12.

gomocs79
September 28th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I think the Appy people have a thread where it can be watched. It may be piped in directly to Chattownmocs computer too.

ASUMountaineer
September 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Seems like he should work on it.

Block-A
September 28th, 2011, 04:26 PM

IDK if there is any video for this game; there's a link on the page below but it wants a login for subscription service.

However, if you want to listen to it, you can get the App State radio re-broadcast to play by following the proper link. I can't link to it directly because it's all Java & Flash crap.

Skip past the first two hours to miss all the pre-game stuff.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205276964&SPID=12811&SPSID=&DB_OEM_ID=21500

james_lawfirm
September 28th, 2011, 04:30 PM

I was at that FAMU game. First time I had ever seen a spread no-huddle offense. And, apparently, it was the first time our defense had seen that too. Numerous plays started with our D looking to the sidelines for guidance. That FAMU team was good. We got whipped.

ericsaid
September 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Dude's an SEC fan. Superiority complex, couldn't handle UT-Knoxville losing so he went to UT-Chattanooga who is still losing. Must be tough.

chattanoogamocs
September 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
This thread is now 34 pages...a new record for the Chattownmocs bait and release program...congrats.

AtlantaMountaineer
September 28th, 2011, 05:18 PM
chattownmocs boi This article is for you.

http://www.nooga.com/18348_utcs-coleman-taking-a-beating/

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2011, 05:21 PM

IDK if there is any video for this game; there's a link on the page below but it wants a login for subscription service.

However, if you want to listen to it, you can get the App State radio re-broadcast to play by following the proper link. I can't link to it directly because it's all Java & Flash crap.

Skip past the first two hours to miss all the pre-game stuff.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205276964&SPID=12811&SPSID=&DB_OEM_ID=21500

Thanks much BA. I'll put that on the Ipod and give a listen or see how much it is to see the rerun. Appreciated.

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks much BA. I'll put that on the Ipod and give a listen or see how much it is to see the rerun. Appreciated.

http://www.gomocs.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?id=801829&oemid=17700&SPSID=88681&CLIP_FILE_ID=801829&type=vod&DB_MENU_ID=&SPID=10577&CLIP_ID=788880&DB_OEM_ID=17700

About 10 minutes worth of highlites from a game without many.

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM

A little bit of overkill there on the hyperbole. The wide receivers really had their way for the most part. It's almost all on the line. But bottom line...He took a lickin and kept on tickin. I wouldnt brag about your great physical defense if they cant knock out a QB with that many free shots.

Mikeyosef
September 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
A little bit of overkill there on the hyperbole. The wide receivers really had their way for the most part. It's almost all on the line. But bottom line...He took a lickin and kept on tickin. I wouldnt brag about your great physical defense if they cant knock out a QB with that many free shots.

I'm sorry, I just can't stand it any more...I have to ask: What mental institution let's their patients have such liberal internet rights? I'm not kidding, can you tell me?

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't stand it any more...I have to ask: What mental institution let's their patients have such liberal internet rights? I'm not kidding, can you tell me?

I'm sorry but this type of acomment is simply a white flag.

Horseshoe App
September 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM

As everyone is saying, why do we continue to give this idiot bait. Everything that is said, he will try to turn it to prove his illogical point. He simply can't get over getting beat. Anyway, lets all agree to quit responding to Chattown fool.

blackfordpu
September 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM
You guys are still talking about this? Do your schools not have games to focus on this Saturday?

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
You guys are still talking about this? Do your schools not have games to focus on this Saturday?

Why are you still talking about it? Doesn't SHSU have a game this weekend? Shouldn't all of your attention be focused on that game and all of your posts in related threads? xrolleyesxxlolx

Twentysix
September 28th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Not you or the NCSU posters that now frequent AGS, but other NDSU fans have made that exact claim over and over.xlolx

Which reminds me to again compliment the NDSU guys that are here now. A damn good group of reality based individuals.xthumbsupx

But I do miss lakes & JBB because they are a **** load of fun.xlolx

I typically take a golfball size spoon full of LSD before posting on ags.

I have no idea where you get this reality crap from.

blackfordpu
September 28th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Why are you still talking about it? Doesn't SHSU have a game this weekend? Shouldn't all of your attention be focused on that game and all of your posts in related threads? xrolleyesxxlolx

One post out of 35 pages hardly counts as "taking my attention" from something else.

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:12 PM
One post out of 35 pages hardly counts as "taking my attention" from something else.

Two posts now. :D

See how this works?

theasushow
September 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM

"Huesman’s question was magnified against blitz-happy Appalachian State, which likely produced a game film now serving as a blueprint to the rest of the Southern Conference."

sigh...just leave it up to ASU to set the blueprint on how to beat a team. SOCON can thank them later.

pike51
September 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM

http://troll.me/images/y-u-no-guy/u-y-u-no-shut-up.jpg

TheBisonator
September 28th, 2011, 08:31 PM
We've got a June-style preschool fight thread going on in the end of September, Week 5 is approaching. SURSLY????

This thread calls for a bottle of Jack.

Twentysix
September 29th, 2011, 07:51 AM
We've got a June-style preschool fight thread going on in the end of September, Week 5 is approaching. SURSLY????

This thread calls for a bottle of Jack.

Ok kesha.

gsueagle2424
October 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Bump....HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Travelinneer
October 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
It was appy state today. They had no business winning the game. They are a joke. No points on offense. What a scrub team. Chattanooga will still be 9-2 as I said and Southern Conference Champions. Appy state will lose at least 2 conference games. Im not eating an ounce of crow.

Wofford was better than us, however UTC was better than the Citadel.

What? UTC lost another close game! No way...........

ASUG8
October 2nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Wofford was better than us, however UTC was better than the Citadel.

What? UTC lost another close game! No way...........

Another second half meltdown ala ASU/UTC 2010.

gasoutherneagle
October 2nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
I've said it once and now I'll say it again: "chattownmocs, SUCK FAILURE FREAK!!!"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Skjellyfetti
October 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
I wonder if Huesman took any part of the blame or gave the other team any credit in his postgame comments this week.

http://media.al.com/alphotos/photo/9026007-standard.jpg

gsueagle2424
October 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i372/gsueagle2424/utc.jpg

CID1990
October 3rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
It was appy state today. They had no business winning the game. They are a joke. No points on offense. What a scrub team. Chattanooga will still be 9-2 as I said and Southern Conference Champions. Appy state will lose at least 2 conference games. Im not eating an ounce of crow.

Fail!

Yep.

bjtheflamesfan
January 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Here are the individual results following this game:

Chattanooga
The Citadel L 28-27 (guaranteeing they would not win 9 games)
Georgia Southern L 28-27
Western Carolina W 51-7
Elon W 42-18
Furman L 14-7
Samford W 24-9
Wofford L 28-27 (last chance at a statement game)

Enter game 2-1
Finish season 5-6

Appalachian State
Wofford L 28-14
The Citadel W 49-42
Samford W 35-17
Georgia Southern W 24-17
Furman L 20-10
Western Carolina W 46-14
Elon W 28-24

Enter game 2-1
Finish season 8-3 lose first round of the playoffs

He was half right though...

chattownmocs
January 27th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Blow Job the flamer is bumping this thread. Hey reject, get out from under Pat Robertson desk for a minute and rest your knees.

bjtheflamesfan
January 28th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Well maybe if you didnt blow 4 of your last 7 games I wouldnt have had a reason to bump it. youre a laughingstock on here chattown...I mean there are UTC fans on here that wouldnt claim you among them

Horseshoe App
January 28th, 2012, 05:31 AM
You got to give Chattown one thing. He loves his team blindly. He cannot see the bad in his own team, but loves to be critical of everyone else(specifically ASU). When the same old thing happens again this coming year, he will hide and then reappear at the end of the year to tell how good UTC will be the upcoming year. I guess that is why they get the name fan out of the word fanatic:) Or we could call it blind stupidity.

OL FU
January 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
You got to give Chattown one thing. He loves his team blindly. He cannot see the bad in his own team, but loves to be critical of everyone else(specifically ASU). When the same old thing happens again this coming year, he will hide and then reappear at the end of the year to tell how good UTC will be the upcoming year. I guess that is why they get the name fan out of the word fanatic:) Or we could call it blind stupidity.

I don't know if he loves his team, but he loves to bait.

blueballs
January 28th, 2012, 08:01 AM
He doesn't love his team blindly because he disappeared for about 3 months after they performed their annual choke. A real fan- and a real man for that matter- stays, stands up, admits he's wrong, and eats all the **** he dished out to everybody else.

OL FU is right...

Apphole
January 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
He doesn't love his team blindly because he disappeared for about 3 months after they performed their annual choke. A real fan- and a real man for that matter- stays, stands up, admits he's wrong, and eats all the **** he dished out to everybody else.

OL FU is right...

Bulls eye. He is a coward and a douche

Apphole
January 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Is there not a "biggest troll" superlative thread up right now because the mods don't want to encourage such behavior or just because Chattown is a shoe in and it would be a waste?

Apphole
January 28th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Is there not a "biggest troll" superlative thread up right now because the mods don't want to encourage such behavior or just because Chattown is a shoe in and it would be a waste?

Oops. Just perused the superlative threads.

OL FU
January 28th, 2012, 09:41 AM
OL FU is right...

I have a new signature line:)

chattownmocs
January 28th, 2012, 11:32 AM

OL FU is right...

Fail. I was here right up until the last game. Nice try with the fabricated story of dissapearance. Frankly, I'm getting tired of reading the same nonsense over and over.

spdrumline
January 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Fail. I was here right up until the last game. Nice try with the fabricated story of dissapearance. Frankly, I'm getting tired of reading the same nonsense over and over.

You could always leave.

Twentysix
January 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
This thread is 250 pages shy of awesome.

Saint3333
January 30th, 2012, 08:18 AM
His signature is still inaccurate, but hey if you're never right about anything else why should that matter.

TheRevSFA
January 30th, 2012, 08:57 AM
My favorite Chattownmocs quote of the year:

Yeah Chattanooga has sucked so bad this year. I just wish they were a competitive team.

Silenoz
January 30th, 2012, 11:24 AM

01-20-2012 06:30 AM
Thread: Recruting Talk.
by chattownmocs

Replies
Views

Re: Recruting Talk.

Fail.

11-18-2011 01:26 PM
Thread: Georgia Southern is ESPN Page 2's "Cupcake of the Week"
by chattownmocs

Replies
Views

Re: Georgia Southern is ESPN Page 2's "Cupcake of the Week"

No they don't. And they don't really believe they are as good as Va Tech either.
Love it

DJKyR0
January 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTckI5uL09sRG9fkukrVqsjDhhd2Iise TWQoeAF-DgUmnzFZbjNXH8BbOaXjw

chattownmocs
January 30th, 2012, 02:29 PM
OP was 8 statements. 7 of which were correct. Great percentage.

Apphole
January 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
If any poster has ever been lucky to not get banned from the discussion forum....

asumike83
January 30th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Well, there were really only 3 factual statements made, of which 1 was correct:

1) App will lose at least two conference games
2) UTC will go 9-2
3) UTC will win the SoCon

Given that the 2 incorrect statements were so hilariously off-base and the rest was just subjective, barely coherent sour grapes, I'd say the thread bump was well deserved.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM
If any poster has ever been lucky to not get banned from the discussion forum....

Really? He almost never uses any sort of salty language or does anything other than express an opinion that others don't cotton well to. Nobody is getting banned for having an unpopular opinion on FCS matters. You are much closer than him because you frequently (as do I) use speech not exactly germane and you (and I) are not even close to that banned fringe.

He's like Omar from "The Wire". He's pretty bad *** and you'd expect to find him using "bad language" etc. but in reality it just isn't there it's just your perception of the character.

Apphole
January 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Really? He almost never uses any sort of salty language or does anything other than express an opinion that others don't cotton well to. Nobody is getting banned for having an unpopular opinion on FCS matters. You are much closer than him because you frequently (as do I) use speech not exactly germane and you (and I) are not even close to that banned fringe.

He's like Omar from "The Wire". He's pretty bad *** and you'd expect to find him using "bad language" etc. but in reality it just isn't there it's just your perception of the character.

Touché. There is no law against being an idiot. I've always been a huge proponent of the first amendment.

asumike83
January 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM

Oh come on... now you're just setting the guy up! Not even going to touch that one.

chattownmocs
January 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM

*If any team has ever been lucky to win a game it was Appy- True
*They had no business winning the game- True
*No points on offense- True
*They are a joke- True
* They are a Scrub team- True
*Chattanooga 9-2 and Socon Champs- False
* Appy state will lose 2 conference games- True
*No crow for me- True, not from that game

ursus arctos horribilis
January 30th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Oh come on... now you're just setting the guy up! Not even going to touch that one.

Wasn't my intention and I did give it some thought but Omar was my favorite thing on the show whether or not he was swinging the other way.

My parallel is simply that chattown says things that carry an impact that would normally be associated with much harsher delivery and language even though it's delivered without it. That's a pretty fair talent if you ask me.

Dude can bring out an enormous amount of emotion while using language commonly found in a Readers Digest.

Silenoz
January 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry, but when you make the round of 16 out of 120 programs, and win 8 DI games, you don't get to use the word "scrub" or "joke." Not that Chattanooga would know anything about either of those.

It's like calling the MSU team that was pretty lucky to beat us in 2010 a "scrub" "joke" team. Just makes me look like a bitter toolbag

citdog
January 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
*If any team has ever been lucky to win a game it was Appy- True
*They had no business winning the game- True
*No points on offense- True
*They are a joke- True
* They are a Scrub team- True
*Chattanooga 9-2 and Socon Champs- False
* Appy state will lose 2 conference games- True
*No crow for me- True, not from that game

how many points did chatt lead The Citadel by before that scrub defense of yours imploded?

Silenoz
January 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Haha, I just checked. ASU has won 21 of the last 23? xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

asumike83
January 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Wasn't my intention and I did give it some thought but Omar was my favorite thing on the show whether or not he was swinging the other way.

My parallel is simply that chattown says things that carry an impact that would normally be associated with much harsher delivery and language even though it's delivered without it. That's a pretty fair talent if you ask me.

Dude can bring out an enormous amount of emotion while using language commonly found in a Readers Digest.

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. You are correct though; even on a cast full of great characters, Omar always stood out. Bunk and McNulty did have some pretty great moments but Omar is probably my favorite as well. The scene where he is on the witness stand to testify against Bird is an absolute classic.

He does have a way of getting under people's skin even without using harsh language so I see the parallel. Well, minus the shotgun and all.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 30th, 2012, 05:47 PM
What up BIRD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm1Wih0kug

CID1990
January 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
28-27.

That is all.

chattownmocs
January 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM
how many points did chatt lead The Citadel by before that scrub defense of yours imploded?

Well, they certainly played like a scrub defense in that game but overall Chattanooga had the best defense in the Southern Conference by a fairly wide margin.

Horseshoe App
January 31st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Well, they certainly played like a scrub defense in that game but overall Chattanooga had the best defense in the Southern Conference by a fairly wide margin.

I guess that stout defense led to that powerful 5-6 record:)

Smitty
January 31st, 2012, 07:39 AM
I hope this thread is still around when they play again next year...

chattownmocs
January 31st, 2012, 09:44 AM
I guess that stout defense led to that powerful 5-6 record:)

In conference losses chattanooga fell by about 2 points a game, In conference wins they won by about 30. So yes, the defense let the mocs down at some bad times but overall it was the best in the SOCON. I'm sorry you can't handle reality.

Smitty
January 31st, 2012, 09:58 AM
In conference losses chattanooga fell by about 2 points a game, In conference wins they won by about 30. So yes, the defense let the mocs down at some bad times but overall it was the best in the SOCON. I'm sorry you can't handle reality.

You are right the defense was good, just the offense choked when it mattered the most...

chattownmocs
January 31st, 2012, 10:07 AM
You are right the defense was good, just the offense choked when it mattered the most...

I'm glad you are just able to admit that Western Carolina doesn't matter and is completely irrelevant because Chattanooga put 51 on your team.

Smitty
January 31st, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'm glad you are just able to admit that Western Carolina doesn't matter and is completely irrelevant because Chattanooga put 51 on your team.

Awww... Feel better now?

ASUMountaineer
January 31st, 2012, 10:58 AM
I love this thread, it gives and it gives.

Silenoz
January 31st, 2012, 12:39 PM
I wish we had a clueless Northern Arizona fan who talked sh$t to the entire Big Sky all year. It would be fun, and hilarious

You were so lucky to beat us. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. x infinity

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Bump!

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I put the early over/under on 1st downs for App State this year at 5.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM

Someone should've told Huesman 28>27.

That cost them 3 games last year.

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 09:04 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uZf7qHMHnKI/T8TXEOiExhI/AAAAAAAAAD0/sa53SQcGuUE/s1600/ASU-Chatty.JPG

You can understand his bitterness. xlolx

GlassOnion
May 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM
This must be what domination looks like...

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:16 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uZf7qHMHnKI/T8TXEOiExhI/AAAAAAAAAD0/sa53SQcGuUE/s1600/ASU-Chatty.JPG

It is interesting that you only go back to 1985. The games from 85 to 08 are about as relevant to 2012 as the games prior to 85 are. You can see how the games since then are trending can't you?

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
It is interesting that you only go back to 1985. The games from 85 to 08 are about as relevant to 2012 as the games prior to 85 are. You can see how the games since then are trending can't you?

W, W and W. I like that trend.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM
W, W and W. I like that trend.

2009)Hold on for our Dear lives, 2010)Get slaughtered for 3 quarters before finally waking up and outplaying the other team soundly in the 4th. 2011)Get out executed for 4 quarters. Never really outplay the other team at any point. Get a few breaks that determine a defensive struggle. All the while the other team continues to build depth and talent while your team either regresses or stays stagnant in those departments.

Smitty
May 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hold on for our Dear lives, Get slaughtered for 3 quarters before finally waking up and outplaying the other team soundly in the 4th. Get out executed for 4 quarters. Never really outplay the other team at any point. Get a few breaks that determine a defensive struggle. All the while the other team continues to build depth and talent while your team either regresses or stays stagnant in those departments.

Sounds like a good football game

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a good football game

It's actually 3 games let me fix it.

Smitty
May 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
It's actually 3 games let me fix it.

Well it sounds like a good series then.

chattanoogamocs
May 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I have to admit, the first thing that crossed my mind was also that the list of ASU games started in 1985.

I guess no one wants to mention the late 70's when Chattanooga was pretty much the 800 pound gorilla in the SoCon.

Maybe this is why...

1977 UTC 14, ASU 7
1978 UTC 72, ASU 14
1979 UTC 24, ASU 21
1980 UTC 14, ASU 7
1981 ASU 31, UTC 14
1982 UTC 50, ASU 7
1983 UTC 30, ASU 9
1984 UTC 21, ASU 20

UTC won 7 of the first 8 in the series...including what has to be ASU's worst modern day beating. Yeah, I can see why this didn't get mentioned. ;)

WUTNDITWAA
May 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I have to admit, the first thing that crossed my mind was also that the list of ASU games started in 1985.

I guess no one wants to mention the late 70's when Chattanooga was pretty much the 800 pound gorilla in the SoCon.

Maybe this is why...

1977 UTC 14, ASU 7
1978 UTC 72, ASU 14
1979 UTC 24, ASU 21
1980 UTC 14, ASU 7
1981 ASU 31, UTC 14
1982 UTC 50, ASU 7
1983 UTC 30, ASU 9
1984 UTC 21, ASU 20

UTC won 7 of the first 8 in the series...including what has to be ASU's worst modern day beating. Yeah, I can see why this didn't get mentioned. ;)

So, we can blame New Coke for Chattanooga's fall from grace? Or was it We Are the World, or maybe, Marty McFly.

Nice dead cat bounce in 1988. I blame the picture of Michael Dukakis in the tank.

Smitty
May 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
But then you manage to get beat 24 out of 27 after...

Now check this out (HOLY YELLOW BLOCK OF TEXT FROM HELL)

November 5, 1932 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–0
October 13, 1933 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 15–0
October 12, 1934 Boone, NC Appalachian State 6–0
October 26, 1935 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 12–0
October 17, 1936 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–2
November 6, 1937 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 14–0
October 29, 1938 Boone, NC Appalachian State 27–0
October 6, 1939 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 54–7
October 11, 1940 Boone, NC Appalachian State 40–8
October 11, 1941 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–0
November 9, 1946 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 42–6
November 1, 1947 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–0
September 25, 1948 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 14–13
September 24, 1949 Boone, NC Western Carolina 13–6
September 16, 1950 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 13–6
September 22, 1951 Boone, NC Appalachian State 26–6
September 21, 1952 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 20–12
September 27, 1953 Boone, NC Appalachian State 7–0
September 19, 1954 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 27–7
September 14, 1955 Boone, NC Western Carolina 7–6
September 15, 1956 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 19–7
September 24, 1957 Boone, NC Appalachian State 25–0
September 25, 1958 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 32–22
September 26, 1959 Boone, NC Appalachian State 14–12
September 24, 1960 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 2–6
September 23, 1961 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 25–12
September 22, 1962 Asheville, NC Tie 6–6
September 28, 1963 Boone, NC Appalachian State 14–3
September 26, 1964 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 27–10
September 25, 1965 Boone, NC Western Carolina 7–0
September 24, 1966 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–33
September 23, 1967 Boone, NC Western Carolina 21–0
September 28, 1968 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 28–14
September 27, 1969 Boone, NC Western Carolina 35–7
September 26, 1970 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 17–10
September 25, 1971 Boone, NC Western Carolina 26–0
November 18, 1972 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 35–21
September 22, 1973 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 23–14
September 28, 1974 Boone, NC Western Carolina 21–17
November 15, 1975 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 20–11
October 2, 1976 Boone, NC Appalachian State 24– 17
November 19, 1977 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 44–14
November 18, 1978 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 39–13
September 22, 1979 Boone, NC Appalachian State 35–27
November 1, 1980 Boone, NC Appalachian State 27–24
November 21, 1981 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 21–10
November 20, 1982 Boone, NC Western Carolina '26–24
November 19, 1983 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 41–15
October 6, 1984 Boone, NC Western Carolina 34–7
November 9, 1985 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 27–14
August 30, 1986 Boone, NC Appalachian State 17–13
November 21, 1987 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 33–13
November 5, 1988 Boone, NC Appalachian State 42–21
November 18, 1989 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 31–20
October 20, 1990 Boone, NC Appalachian State 27–9
November 16, 1991 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 24–14
November 21, 1992 Boone, NC Appalachian State 14–12
November 13, 1993 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–16
November 12, 1994 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 12–7
November 11, 1995 Boone, NC Appalachian State 28–3
November 16, 1996 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 24–17
November 15, 1997 Boone, NC Appalachian State 13–7
November 21, 1998 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 23–6
November 13, 1999 Boone, NC Appalachian State 34–10
November 11, 2000 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–28
November 10, 2001 Boone, NC Appalachian State 34–24
November 16, 2002 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 24–14
November 15, 2003 Boone, NC Appalachian State 26–18
November 13, 2004 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 30–27
November 12, 2005 Boone, NC Appalachian State 35–7
November 11, 2006 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 31–9
November 10, 2007 Boone, NC Appalachian State 79–35
November 22, 2008 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–10
November 21, 2009 Boone, NC Appalachian State 19–14
October 23, 2010 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 37–14
November 12, 2011 Boone, N.C. Appalachian State 46-14

I don't go around bragging that we beat App 13-7 games in 1965-1985...

TheBisonator
May 29th, 2012, 01:45 PM

That looks like Wisconsin's recent history vs. the Minn. Gophers.

cbarrier90
May 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Kids, this is a great thread to explore the Kubler-Ross model, found here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model) as it relates to a couple of Appalachian football opponents.

The 5 stages are:
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

In this thread, it is clear that Chattown is around stage 1.5. Clearly he has an animosity towards ASU for no apparent reason; ASU and Chattanooga are not historical rivals and ASU shows little to no return hate for UTC outside of Chattown himself. In fact, ASU fans have such fond memories of trips to Chattanooga (notably in 2005, 2006, and 2007) that they may find a comfort in traveling to the nice Tennessee town. I was there for the game in 2010 and came away very impressed with the town and Finley Stadium. The potential is certainly there for Chattanooga to be a SoCon winner.

While these are symptoms of Stage 2, he also clearly does not understand how to eat any crow. UTC was going to "arrive" two seasons ago, and looked to be doing a fine job of that until the wheels came off with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter against, coincidentally, ASU. That was the first game of the year, and it appears the Mocs never fully recovered from that collapse and missed the playoffs in 2010. Last season, Chattown burst onto AGS with a bang, once again touting UTC as the new power in the Southern Conference, and, for some odd reason, decided to take direct aim at ASU in doing so. Once again, Chattanooga started the non-conference season well, and, as an ASU fan, I'll admit, I was worried about ASU's upcoming tilt with the Mocs. However, once again, with ample opportunities to win the game (ASU never scored an offensive touchdown that day) once again, the Mocs came up short. Thus began this thread, and thus began yet another disappointing season of Moc football, full of near-misses and disappointments. Strangely enough, around Week 5, Chattown disappeared. This is Stage 1: Denial.

On the other side of the coin, it's clear that Cmitty, a Western Carolina fan, has accepted (stage 5) that WCU football is well behind their western North Carolina rival in ASU. Cmitty, at least, has a sense of humor about the plight of his football program. Celebrating the small victories and laughing off the bad losses makes fandom a whole heck of a lot easier than constant bitterness.

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Kids, this is a great thread to explore the Kubler-Ross model, found here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model) as it relates to a couple of Appalachian football opponents.

The 5 stages are:
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

In this thread, it is clear that Chattown is around stage 1.5. Clearly he has an animosity towards ASU for no apparent reason; ASU and Chattanooga are not historical rivals and ASU shows little to no return hate for UTC outside of Chattown himself. In fact, ASU fans have such fond memories of trips to Chattanooga (notably in 2005, 2006, and 2007) that they may find a comfort in traveling to the nice Tennessee town. I was there for the game in 2010 and came away very impressed with the town and Finley Stadium. The potential is certainly there for Chattanooga to be a SoCon winner.

While these are symptoms of Stage 2, he also clearly does not understand how to eat any crow. UTC was going to "arrive" two seasons ago, and looked to be doing a fine job of that until the wheels came off with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter against, coincidentally, ASU. That was the first game of the year, and it appears the Mocs never fully recovered from that collapse and missed the playoffs in 2010. Last season, Chattown burst onto AGS with a bang, once again touting UTC as the new power in the Southern Conference, and, for some odd reason, decided to take direct aim at ASU in doing so. Once again, Chattanooga started the non-conference season well, and, as an ASU fan, I'll admit, I was worried about ASU's upcoming tilt with the Mocs (which, coincidentally, begat this thread.) However, once again, with ample opportunities to win the game (ASU never scored an offensive touchdown that day) once again, the Mocs came up short. Thus began yet another disappointing season of Moc football, full of near-misses and disappointments. Strangely enough, around Week 5, Chattown disappeared. This is Stage 1: Denial.

On the other side of the coin, it's clear that Cmitty, a Western Carolina fan, has accepted (stage 5) that WCU football is well behind their western North Carolina rival in ASU. Cmitty, at least, has a sense of humor about the plight of his football program. Celebrating the small victories and laughing off the bad losses makes fandom a whole heck of a lot easier than constant bitterness.

xsmileyclapx
xoutofrepx

mocman1990
May 29th, 2012, 02:10 PM
So, we can blame New Coke for Chattanooga's fall from grace? Or was it We Are the World, or maybe, Marty McFly.

Nice dead cat bounce in 1988. I blame the picture of Michael Dukakis in the tank.

LOL...that is awesome...it was New Coke's fault!

In reality, it was a string of poor choices of AD's, who made equally bad decisions in their coaching hires...once you get on the downward spiral, man it's hard to pull out of it.

mocman1990
May 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I side with Cmocs (I should, we're related). I would say going back 1977 is relevant. That is when Chattanooga started the SoCon and when the series with ASU started. If it was some game back in the 20's it wouldn't matter...but we are talking about conference games, so I argue they relevant (especially since they put my alma mater in a better light)

Of course, the App person only showing up to 1985 is just being a good politician...only showing the good side and none of the warts.

Bitterness goes both ways, I have met old-school ASU fans that are still bitter about the 72 the Mocs put up on them in 1978. When I joke that "I think ASU has evened up that score up in the last 20 years", they respond "well, maybe" (which is code for, "not really") :)

mocman1990
May 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM
But then you manage to get beat 24 out of 27 after...

Now check this out (HOLY YELLOW BLOCK OF TEXT FROM HELL)

November 5, 1932 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–0
October 13, 1933 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 15–0
October 12, 1934 Boone, NC Appalachian State 6–0
October 26, 1935 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 12–0
October 17, 1936 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–2
November 6, 1937 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 14–0
October 29, 1938 Boone, NC Appalachian State 27–0
October 6, 1939 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 54–7
October 11, 1940 Boone, NC Appalachian State 40–8
October 11, 1941 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–0
November 9, 1946 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 42–6
November 1, 1947 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–0
September 25, 1948 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 14–13
September 24, 1949 Boone, NC Western Carolina 13–6
September 16, 1950 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 13–6
September 22, 1951 Boone, NC Appalachian State 26–6
September 21, 1952 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 20–12
September 27, 1953 Boone, NC Appalachian State 7–0
September 19, 1954 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 27–7
September 14, 1955 Boone, NC Western Carolina 7–6
September 15, 1956 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 19–7
September 24, 1957 Boone, NC Appalachian State 25–0
September 25, 1958 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 32–22
September 26, 1959 Boone, NC Appalachian State 14–12
September 24, 1960 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 2–6
September 23, 1961 Asheville, NC Appalachian State 25–12
September 22, 1962 Asheville, NC Tie 6–6
September 28, 1963 Boone, NC Appalachian State 14–3
September 26, 1964 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 27–10
September 25, 1965 Boone, NC Western Carolina 7–0
September 24, 1966 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–33
September 23, 1967 Boone, NC Western Carolina 21–0
September 28, 1968 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 28–14
September 27, 1969 Boone, NC Western Carolina 35–7
September 26, 1970 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 17–10
September 25, 1971 Boone, NC Western Carolina 26–0
November 18, 1972 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 35–21
September 22, 1973 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 23–14
September 28, 1974 Boone, NC Western Carolina 21–17
November 15, 1975 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 20–11
October 2, 1976 Boone, NC Appalachian State 24– 17
November 19, 1977 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 44–14
November 18, 1978 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 39–13
September 22, 1979 Boone, NC Appalachian State 35–27
November 1, 1980 Boone, NC Appalachian State 27–24
November 21, 1981 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 21–10
November 20, 1982 Boone, NC Western Carolina '26–24
November 19, 1983 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 41–15
October 6, 1984 Boone, NC Western Carolina 34–7
November 9, 1985 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 27–14
August 30, 1986 Boone, NC Appalachian State 17–13
November 21, 1987 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 33–13
November 5, 1988 Boone, NC Appalachian State 42–21
November 18, 1989 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 31–20
October 20, 1990 Boone, NC Appalachian State 27–9
November 16, 1991 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 24–14
November 21, 1992 Boone, NC Appalachian State 14–12
November 13, 1993 Boone, NC Appalachian State 20–16
November 12, 1994 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 12–7
November 11, 1995 Boone, NC Appalachian State 28–3
November 16, 1996 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 24–17
November 15, 1997 Boone, NC Appalachian State 13–7
November 21, 1998 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 23–6
November 13, 1999 Boone, NC Appalachian State 34–10
November 11, 2000 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–28
November 10, 2001 Boone, NC Appalachian State 34–24
November 16, 2002 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 24–14
November 15, 2003 Boone, NC Appalachian State 26–18
November 13, 2004 Cullowhee, NC Western Carolina 30–27
November 12, 2005 Boone, NC Appalachian State 35–7
November 11, 2006 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 31–9
November 10, 2007 Boone, NC Appalachian State 79–35
November 22, 2008 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 35–10
November 21, 2009 Boone, NC Appalachian State 19–14
October 23, 2010 Cullowhee, NC Appalachian State 37–14
November 12, 2011 Boone, N.C. Appalachian State 46-14

I don't go around bragging that we beat App 13-7 games in 1965-1985...

Considering over half those games came when both school were Non-DI, yeah, I wouldn't be bragging much about them either. On the other hand, the 77-84 games mentioned about Chattanooga were all DI and conference games.

It should also be pointed out that Chattanooga won (or shared) the SoCon 4 times in that period.

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I side with Cmocs (I should, we're related). I would say going back 1977 is relevant. That is when Chattanooga started the SoCon and when the series with ASU started. If it was some game back in the 20's it wouldn't matter...but we are talking about conference games, so I argue they relevant (especially since they put my alma mater in a better light)

Of course, the App person only showing up to 1985 is just being a good politician...only showing the good side and none of the warts.

Bitterness goes both ways, I have met old-school ASU fans that are still bitter about the 72 the Mocs put up on them in 1978. When I joke that "I think ASU has evened up that score up in the last 20 years", they respond "well, maybe" (which is code for, "not really") :)

He wasn't cherry picking years here and there, he chose a starting point and listed the results of the most recent games. Big difference.

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM

He wasn't cherry picking years here and there, he chose a starting point and listed the results of the most recent games. Big difference.

chattanoogamocs
May 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM

LOL...if I was an ASU fan, I wouldn't have started before 1985 either.

Though it is only a "big difference" from the perspective of an apphole. :)

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 04:57 PM

Definitely a strategic starting point, but the more recent the history, the more relevant it is.

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Of course my starting point was strategic, I was using it to explain why he has such disdain for Appalachian to the point that he would be literally the ONLY voter with App outside the top 25. When Chattanooga starts their extended run of domination over ASU that chattown has been predicting, feel free to start at the beginning when rubbing it in our faces in future posts.

xpeacex

cbarrier90
May 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Of course my starting point was strategic, I was using it to explain why he has such disdain for Appalachian to the point that he would be literally the ONLY voter with App outside the top 25.

And here I was not registering for the poll because I felt I wasn't informed enough about all the conferences and teams to make a fair Top 25 assessment each week. xdontknowx

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Good thing I didn't rank them. They are 5th as it is.

CID1990
July 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM

Maybe this is why...

1977 UTC 14, ASU 7
1978 UTC 72, ASU 14
1979 UTC 24, ASU 21
1980 UTC 14, ASU 7
1981 ASU 31, UTC 14
1982 UTC 50, ASU 7
1983 UTC 30, ASU 9
1984 UTC 21, ASU 20

Chatty was hardly the 800 pound gorilla in the late 1970s because there was a lot of parity in the conference at that time. Plus, UTC only won the SoCon outright in 1979. They split with VMI and Furman in 77 and 78. Plus, during that decade the conf schedules were 5 games. Every now and then schools in the conference didnt play each other. In 1979 UTC went 5-1.

Versus The Citadel in the 1970s:

1970 UTC 29-28
1971 El Cid 52-35
1972 El Cid 12-0
1973 El Cid 28-20
1975 UTC 24-6
1976 El Cid 14-10
1977 UTC 21-14
1979 UTC 28-7

Hardly a dominating presence against what was a .500 team during that period.

There were no real standouts in the SoCon in the late 1970s. In fact, during the entire decade, no SOCon champ had a perfect conference record.

If any SoCon team could be considered an 800 pound gorilla in the 1970s, it would have to be ECU until they left.

TheRevSFA
July 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
2009)Hold on for our Dear lives, 2010)Get slaughtered for 3 quarters before finally waking up and outplaying the other team soundly in the 4th. 2011)Get out executed for 4 quarters. Never really outplay the other team at any point. Get a few breaks that determine a defensive struggle. All the while the other team continues to build depth and talent while your team either regresses or stays stagnant in those departments.

Yet they put 3 W's up on the board...

Does how they played matter? Nope. W-L...that's it.

Apphole
September 18th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Bump!

CID1990
September 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM

They are the best team in all statistical categories except the one that says how many games they won.

SoCon48
September 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM

So why do you post it?

Silenoz
September 18th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
01-20-2012 06:30 AM
Thread: Recruting Talk.
by chattownmocs

Replies
Views

Re: Recruting Talk.

Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
11-18-2011 01:26 PM
Thread: Georgia Southern is ESPN Page 2's "Cupcake of the Week"
by chattownmocs

Replies
Views

Re: Georgia Southern is ESPN Page 2's "Cupcake of the Week"

No they don't. And they don't really believe they are as good as Va Tech either.
Damn, we had to wait until November for his disappearing act last year? But I'm impatient now!