PDA

View Full Version : Gerran Walker (Lehigh) Interview

Lukin
April 16th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I have done about 30 prospect interviews over the last couple months. I am posting all of the 1-AA players interviewed here for your viewing pleasure and to generate some discussion.

FFLiveWire Exclusive Interview w/ Gerran Walker
Luke Nicholson
4/7/2006

Wide receiver Gerran Walker took the time to sit down and answer some questions with FFLiveWire's Luke Nicholson. Walker discussed his career at Lehigh, his expectations for the NFL, and his desire to know what the young ladies think about him.

Luke Nicholson: Who is your biggest role model? Why?

Gerran Walker: My biggest role model is myself because of the strength that I’ve displayed during a tough journey in life.

Luke Nicholson: What current NFL player does your game most resemble?

Gerran Walker: Steve Smith

Luke Nicholson: What is your greatest football moment to date?

Gerran Walker: In the season opener this year I had 312 all-purpose yards.

Luke Nicholson: During your career at Lehigh, what did your typical day during football season consist of?

Gerran Walker: Go to class maybe watch some game film and then I’ll get some treatment before practice. After practice I’ll go to dinner and watch television before bed.

Luke Nicholson: Who is the toughest player you faced during your career?

Gerran Walker: No one comes to mind right now.

Luke Nicholson: You were a four sport athlete in high school, participating in football, basketball, baseball, and track. How did these other sports help you to develop into a better player on the football field?

Gerran Walker: Well for one it kept me in shape. As a WR/KR baseball has helped me with my hand-eye coordination allowing me to be comfortable whenever I have to adjust for the ball or make over the shoulder catch. Track helped me improve my speed and basketball helped with short area quickness.

Luke Nicholson: If someone decided to make a movie about your life, what actor would play you and what would the movie be titled? Why?

Gerran Walker: Omar Epps will play me, the movie will be titled “Underdog” because for some reason I’m always having to go the extra mile to prove myself worthy.

Luke Nicholson: Have you ever played fantasy football? Do any of your teammates at Lehigh play?

Gerran Walker: I play fantasy football on yahoo and I’m sure my teammates do to.

Luke Nicholson: Are you a cat or a dog? Why?

Gerran Walker: I’m a cat because they are smart, athletic, they live long, and if provoked they can handle the situation.

Luke Nicholson: What NFL teams have shown interest in you? Is there a specific team you would like to play for?

Gerran Walker: There has been a decent amount of teams that have showed interests. Although I grew up a Falcons fan I’d love to play for anyone.

Luke Nicholson: If you could be an inanimate object, what would you be? Why?

Gerran Walker: Wind because it is free spirited and floats freely.

Luke Nicholson: Coming from a Division I-AA school, what changes would you make in the governance of college athletics? In other words, what changes would you make in the NCAA?

Gerran Walker: I will enforce a playoffs system in Division 1 and all players would be paid an undisclosed amount of money monthly.

Luke Nicholson: If you could have any super power, what would you choose? Why?

Gerran Walker: The ability read minds that way I’ll always know what people really feel about me especially the young ladies.

Luke Nicholson: What one thing do you have to work on the most in order to excel at the NFL level?

Gerran Walker: Stamina.

Luke Nicholson: Finish the following sentence: Gerran Walker is faster than…

Gerran Walker: any player in college football.

Luke Nicholson: If you could catch a pass from any NFL quarterback, who would you choose? Why?

Gerran Walker: Daunte Culpepper because he throws a great deep ball.

Luke Nicholson: Thank you for your time, Gerran. The staff at FF LiveWire wishes you the best of luck in all of your NFL endeavors.

Luke Nicholson writes for FFLiveWire.com and is a senior at CaliforniaUniversity of Pennsylvania, where he is studying Sport Management. Contact at [email protected].

link (http://www.fflivewire.com/article.asp?id=aun454msz6355z)