PDA

View Full Version : AJ Bryant Interview

Lukin
April 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I have done about 30 prospect interviews over the last couple months. I am posting all of the 1-AA players interviewed here for your viewing pleasure and to generate some discussion.

FF LiveWire Exclusive Interview w/ A.J. Bryant
Luke Nicholson
3/26/2006

A.J. Bryant took the time to speak with FF LiveWire's Luke Nicholson about his career at Georgia Southern, as well as his NFL ambitions and expectations. Here's what he had to say...

Luke Nicholson: Who is your biggest role model? Why?

A.J. Bryant: My dad. He’s just an inspirational guy. I’d like to follow in his footsteps.

Luke Nicholson: What current NFL player does your game most resemble?

A.J. Bryant: I’d have to say Clint Hart.

Luke Nicholson: What was your typical day during football season at Georgia Southern?

A.J. Bryant: Getting up, going to classes, going to practice, getting it over with, eating, and going to sleep. Studying, no life.

Luke Nicholson: Did you play any other sports in high school?

A.J. Bryant: Basketball and I ran track.

Luke Nicholson: How did these sports help you to develop on the football field?

A.J. Bryant: Basketball kept me active during a little downtime before track actually started. Then track improved my speed and endurance.

Luke Nicholson: Do you see yourself as a free safety or strong safety in the NFL?

A.J. Bryant: Free safety.

Luke Nicholson: Who is the best player you have faced during your career at Georgia Southern?

A.J. Bryant: Fred Gibson.

Luke Nicholson: Have you ever played fantasy football?

A.J. Bryant: No. I haven’t got into it yet. They have been explaining to me how it all goes and I’m just now getting involved, so I’m going to be an active member now.

Luke Nicholson: Which NFL teams have shown interest in you?

A.J. Bryant: Right now I’m thinking Chicago, Indianapolis, and the Texans. That’s all I really know.

Luke Nicholson: Is there a specific team you hope to play for?

A.J. Bryant: Nope. I just love the game. I just want to play.

Luke Nicholson: What one NFL player are you looking forward to lining up against? Why?

A.J. Bryant: Keyshawn. I respect his game and I want to see if his game is as good as his mouth.

Luke Nicholson: If you could intercept a pass thrown by any NFL quarterback, who would you choose? Why?

A.J. Bryant: Peyton Manning, because he’s Peyton.

Luke Nicholson: What one thing do you have to work on the most in order to excel at the NFL level?

A.J. Bryant: Adjusting to the speed of the game, because I know from high school to college it was like day and night. When you have d-lineman running 4.5s the game is fast.

Luke Nicholson: Thank you for your time, AJ. Best of luck to you in all of your NFL endeavors.

A.J. Bryant: Alright. I appreciate it. Thanks.

link (http://www.fflivewire.com/article.asp?id=rpj7669pkr8697o)