PDA

View Full Version : Blayne Baggett Interview

Lukin
April 16th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I have done about 30 prospect interviews over the last couple months. I am posting all of the 1-AA players interviewed here for your viewing pleasure and to generate some discussion.

FF LiveWire Exclusive Interview w/ Blayne Baggett
Luke Nicholson
4/5/2006

Indiana State's Blayne Baggett sat down to answer some questions for FF LiveWire's Luke Nicholson. Baggett discussed his career at Indiana State and Western Michigan and his appetite for the NFL, as well as sprinkling in some humor to spice things up.

Luke Nicholson: Who is your biggest role model? Why?

Blayne Baggett: My kid brother, he says he looks up to me for the things ive overcome but the stuff he has dealt with is just really impressive. It gives me something to pull from when things arent going the way id like them too, like 'how can i pack it in now?'. He showed me its not how hard you get knocked down, its how much you can take and keep moving forward.

Luke Nicholson: What current NFL player does your game most resemble? Why?

Blayne Baggett: Never really given it too much thought, but alot of people have said Rex Grossman. Similar in size and playing style.

Luke Nicholson: During your career at Indiana State, what did your typical day during football season consist of?

Blayne Baggett: Wake up early (depending on the day)- eat some breakfast- go into the coaches office and watch some film or talk with the OC- Classes till lunch- Some more film before meetings- meet with offense until practice- eat dinner and watch practice- usually home around 9- relax and hit bed- not exactly flashy

Luke Nicholson: Who is the toughest player you faced during your career?

Blayne Baggett: I played 4 years at Western Michigan, so i was able to see Jason Babin play for a few seasons, and he seemed to just dominate every day, every snap.

Luke Nicholson: If you could throw a pass to any NFL receiver, who would you choose? Why?

Blayne Baggett: Matt Jones of Jacksonville. Last time we played catch we were messing around in High School trying to impress college scouts.

Luke Nicholson: Did you play any other sports in high school? How did they help you on the football field?

Blayne Baggett: Basketball and a little Track. Basketball helped my footwork and peripheral vision a ton. Track reassured my coaches that I was not a kick/punt return threat.

Luke Nicholson: If someone decided to make a movie about your life, what actor would play you and what would the movie be titled? Why?

Blayne Baggett: I gotta go with Johnny Knoxville with the title as 'Im your Huckleberry'. If you dont know where that line comes from, you should look it up, its one of the hardest lines in any movie.

Luke Nicholson: Have you ever played fantasy football? Do any of your current or former teammates at Indiana State play?

Blayne Baggett: I know alot of guys who have played but its just something i never really got into. I might have to look into it now though.

Luke Nicholson: Which teams have shown interest in you? Is there a specific team that you would prefer to play for?

Blayne Baggett: I have met with all but one team now, im not exactly sure if thats interest in me or not. I have no preference as to where i end up, i just put faith that i end upin a system where i get a chance to excel.

Luke Nicholson: What is your greatest skill as a QB? What one thing do you have to work on the most in order to excel at the NFL level?

Blayne Bagget: My greatest skills as a player are my leadership and toughness. Beyond that man, there's nothing that i consider off limits to tweaking.

Luke Nicholson: Are you a cat or a dog? Why?

Blayne Baggett: HaHa- Travis Lulay and I were just talking about this in late December- Haha, i cant believe this came up- to give you an answer though, i gotta say Im a Dog cuz thats all ive ever had. That and my dad just got a new huntin dog, bout 7 weeks old now.

Luke Nicholson: Coming from a Division I-A school, what changes would you make in the governance of college athletics? In other words, what changes would you make in the NCAA?

Blayne Baggett: Being a part of both I-A & I-AA, i gotta say that i like the playoff system a ton better. I say that though coming from a MAC school where there just arent enough bowl games for the conference, maybe if i had played at a bigger 'BCS' school i might feel different.

Luke Nicholson: If you could be an inanimate object, what would you be? Why?

Blayne Baggett: Ill go with Bob Seger and say like a Rock. Nothing wrong with some Seger, or rocks.

Luke Nicholson: Fill in the blanks to the following sentence: Blayne Baggett’s arm is as strong as _____ and as accurate as _____.

Blayne Baggett: Man I have no clue how to answer that one. As strong as Uncle Rico's and as accurate as Joe Cain's?

Luke Nicholson: Thank you for your time, Blayne. The staff at FF LiveWire wishes you the best of luck in all of your NFL endeavors.

link (http://www.fflivewire.com/article.asp?id=vtn9309tov336s)