PDA

View Full Version : What team (s) would you like to see a hm & hm with (outside of conference of course)

GrizzlyEdd
April 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM
It seems that a lot of teams end up playing bodybag games either I-A or Division II each year. If all was well in I-AA and scheduling easier, who would you like to see your team have some home and home games with, within I-AA?

I've always thought that almost any top 30 team in the NE, SE, E, or S would be better than a DivII team. Some have mentioned a home and home with GSU (the real GSU) or them Blue Hens (need to get even for that 49-48 a.. whoopin'). Course there several others. I just think that we need more Western team exposure in the East and visa versa... good for all of I-AA... so what do ya think???:D

RabidRabbit
April 15th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Gateway is the Midwest league that if we'd moved up when UNI did, we'd probably be in. So good "local" match-up between competative programs.

A big THANKS to GaSU, who again this year, has been willing to play a newbie transitional (UCA), and help educate that transitional on how the game is played at the top levels. Here's hoping that more of the SoCon will play to the midwest/west.

:bow: SLC, appreciate the home home approach also.:bow:

eagle1
April 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I would like to see home and home with the following teams.

1. Southern Illinois (Gateway)
2. Appalchian State (Southern)
3. Delaware (A-10)
4. Harvard (Ivy)
5. Jacksonville State (OVC)
6. Texas State (SLC)

Just to name a few.:)

TxState_GO_CATS!
April 15th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I would like to see home and home with the following teams.

1. Southern Illinois (Gateway)
2. Appalchian State (Southern)
3. Delaware (A-10)
4. Harvard (Ivy)
5. Jacksonville State (OVC)
6. Texas State (SLC)

Just to name a few.:)

we should do it! that would be fun.

TxState_GO_CATS!
April 15th, 2006, 03:37 PM
1. Montana St. (Battle of the Bobcats)
2. James Madison
3. Appalachian St. (hey...speaking of, we went up there a few years ago. think it's time for a return trip down to Texas :) ).
4. Any of the HBCUs...love da bands and the tradition.
5. Cal-Poly. But PLEASE let there be more scoring than this year...

Tod
April 15th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Without a doubt, Harvard and Grambling. Other than that, I'd like Delaware, UNI, Youngstown, Southern, UMass...

catbob
April 15th, 2006, 03:58 PM
1. UNH
2. Delaware
3. Tx State
4. NDSU/SDSU

Husky Alum
April 15th, 2006, 04:16 PM
For Northeastern...

1. Harvard (Again)
2. Yale
3. Grambling
4. McNeese State
5. Montana

kats89
April 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Montana--start it up again!
EWU--Need to come down for a little heat exposure.
Ga. Southern
Jacksonville St-- former SLC member

Rumor has it that we will be playing W.Illinois in 2009 in Huntsville.

slostang
April 15th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I would love to see Cal Poly play a home and home with any of the following teams:

Georgia Southern, McNeese State, Furman, App. State, Delaware, Youngstown, and Grambling.

There is alot of great I-AA history with all of the above teams.

FL connection
April 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Nobody for a home and home with EIU.......come on RabidRabbit we could play in Tarpon Stadium in Punta Gorda.........connection out!

TexasTerror
April 15th, 2006, 07:32 PM
For the Bearkats...

1. Montana - Would love to renew the series.
2. Eastern Washington - One classic in the books, I'm sure fans on both sides would love to see the two play
3. James Madison - Classic program, solid I-AA credentials
4. Western Kentucky - Played them once in the I-AA playoffs. The fans we met were class acts. Solid I-AA program.
5. Appalachian St - Gives Kat fans a reason to go to another one of the most beautiful venues to watch a football game in the country. Appy St is no stranger to Texas (played Texas St in San Marcos a few years ago)

bobcatfan06
April 15th, 2006, 07:46 PM
We played Appy in Boone 2 years ago. I don't seem to remember them ever coming down here.

Oh and the teams I would like a home and home with

Georgia Southern (Already had one classic, why not some more)
Montana and Montana St.
EWU
Furman

GOKATS
April 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Tex. St. I think the battle of the Bobcats would be fun with a home and home.

carney2
April 15th, 2006, 08:02 PM
ANYONE in the A-10 or SoCon. That Richmond home and home was fun.

RabidRabbit
April 15th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Nobody for a home and home with EIU.......come on RabidRabbit we could play in Tarpon Stadium in Punta Gorda.........connection out!

:hurray: Heck yeah! Especially for a spring break game!:hurray:

ngineer
April 15th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Of course, the easy answer for us is Delaware. However, for a change of pace, I'd love to be able to play a series with one of the Big Sky teams after reading so much about them on the Board, here, the past two years. A trip down south to any of the SoCon schools would be good, too. In fact, with Higgins at the Citadel I wouldn't be surprised if that happens sooner than later. Great trip, too, to Charleston which I'll be checking out next month on a business trip.

TxState_GO_CATS!
April 15th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Tex. St. I think the battle of the Bobcats would be fun with a home and home.

k, so that makes like...5 people now.

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :nod: :hurray:

from snow to sweltering heat.

colgate13
April 15th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Home and home with Furman was scheduled so that one I can cross off my list.

Home and home with Wofford would be great. I was hoping for them to beat UD in 2003 for the "Liberal Arts Bowl" National Championship (and about 5,000 attendance! :( )

After that, a home and home with any team from the Southland or the SWAC. We've never played anyone from either conference, and Colgate fans need an education in tailgating.

Cocky
April 15th, 2006, 11:05 PM
My list only has teams we have never played on a home and home basis

Montana
Delaware
Lehigh
Northern Iowa
Portland State
Eastern Washington
Montana State
Youngstown State
This list is getting long so most any good I-AA school.

darussian12
April 15th, 2006, 11:16 PM
team i would love to have a home and home with is UNI...just because of how the game ended and some of the contreversy people likes to create about it...it would be fun to go there and back during the regular season...other then that montana state would just be entertaining from the bobcats vs bobcats perspective and they are always respectable if not good each year...and it would give me motivation to go somewhere thats crazy ass cold north since a team from Alaska would be my choice but my old school doesnt have a team..but for that matter no universities in AK have any football program.

Pard4Life
April 15th, 2006, 11:18 PM
ANYONE in the A-10 or SoCon. That Richmond home and home was fun.

Be wary carney :nono: , those wins could have EASILY gone the other way... and we might be saying Ivy games only.

Pard4Life
April 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Well considering many ideal games and great stadiums are on our home-home schedule already, this needed some thought...

1- Villanova.. uh, haven't played them since the 1920s, and they are down the road
2- William and Mary.. nice place, tough teams
3- Hofstra.. Only been to L.I. twice.. Mets game, and accidently got on the wrong N train at Lex. Ave., we used to play them
4- Furman.. hear alot about them, want to learn about them.. top of IAA each year.. 'gate plays 'em, lets see how that goes
5- Eastern Washington.. great location, quality football, good fans it seems

I thought about Montana, but I'd like to save that card for a playoff game in Missoula.. more intensity.

As for an I-A.. Rutgers..

crunifan
April 16th, 2006, 12:36 AM
My number one is Montana. Griz fans have to see what Dome Magic is all about.

Others would be: Furman, Delaware, and James Madison

mainejeff
April 16th, 2006, 12:48 AM
1. McNeese State
2. Montana
3. Northern Iowa
4. Cal Poly
5. San Diego

Cat79
April 16th, 2006, 09:40 AM
My list only has teams we have never played on a home and home basis

Montana
Delaware
Lehigh
Northern Iowa
Portland State
Eastern Washington
Montana State
Youngstown State
This list is getting long so most any good I-AA school.

Hey Cocky
Why don't you have any former SLC foes on your list?

McNeeserocket
April 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
It seems that a lot of teams end up playing bodybag games either I-A or Division II each year. If all was well in I-AA and scheduling easier, who would you like to see your team have some home and home games with, within I-AA?

I would like McNeese to revive a hm & hm series with UNI and start one with Maine. McNeese played UNI many times in the 90's. Now that I travel to all the away games, I could see a game in UNI Dome. I would really like for the nice Maine fans to come back to Lake Charles and I would love to go their house (McNeese played one regular season game at Maine and one playoff game in Lake Charles).

I would like to see Delaware actually agree to a hm & hm game with McNeese. We have only played them once in the regular season and it was at Delaware (back in the 70's). McNeese has played Delaware two more times in the playoffs, one at McNeese (1995) and one at Delaware (1997). Delaware needs to get out of its comfort zone and schedule a home and home with McNeese.

I would also like to say that I would like a hm and hm with Montana because I would like to go to their stadium (other than when it is below freezing). However, since McNeese and Montana are likely to face off in the playoffs in any given year it might not be a good idea.:hurray:

ISUMatt
April 16th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Id like to play Delaware, Montana or Georgia Southern just so ILS can get a taste of big time I-AA OOC on the road for once!! We have never played Delaware or Montana and only 1 playoff loss at GSU

April 16th, 2006, 10:46 AM
The Big Four of I-AA:

Georgia Southern v Montana Since 1973
12/16/2000 27-25 W
12/02/1995 0-45 L
12/09/1989 45-15 W

Youngstown State v Eastern Kentucky Since 1973
12/03/1994 18-15 W
09/17/1994 13-6 W
10/02/1993 26-22 W
11/25/1989 28-24 W
10/24/1987 7-14 L
10/25/1986 17-38 L
09/28/1985 29-36 L
09/08/1984 17-22 L
09/10/1983 23-28 L
09/11/1982 17-31 L
09/12/1981 6-26 L
09/20/1980 0-45 L

blukeys
April 16th, 2006, 10:56 AM
The Big Four of I-AA:

Georgia Southern v Montana Since 1973
12/16/2000 27-25 W
12/02/1995 0-45 L
12/09/1989 45-15 W

Youngstown State v Eastern Kentucky Since 1973
12/03/1994 18-15 W
09/17/1994 13-6 W
10/02/1993 26-22 W
11/25/1989 28-24 W
10/24/1987 7-14 L
10/25/1986 17-38 L
09/28/1985 29-36 L
09/08/1984 17-22 L
09/10/1983 23-28 L
09/11/1982 17-31 L
09/12/1981 6-26 L
09/20/1980 0-45 L

YSU beat EKU in the 1979 Regular season.

89Hen
April 16th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Already have done GSU and YSU and FU is coming up, so... AppSt, Montana and Princeton would be my top three (UNI up there too). The Hens have played once in Montana in the playoffs, but the Griz have never been to Newark. They've also already played Princeton, but I'd love to go see their new stadium.

April 16th, 2006, 11:05 AM
YSU beat EKU in the 1979 Regular season.I should have put the link in where I got that, diaafootball.com

McNeese75
April 16th, 2006, 11:12 AM
ASU
Northeastern

carney2
April 16th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Colgate fans need an education in tailgating.

Lesson Number 1: COLD food only.

carney2
April 16th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Be wary carney :nono: , those wins could have EASILY gone the other way... and we might be saying Ivy games only.

If we only cared about wins we'd still be playing the burgs (Gettysburg, Muhlenberg, etc.) and Jock Sutherland would still be the coach.

89Hen
April 16th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Lesson Number 1: COLD food only.
:confused: :confused:

swaghook
April 16th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I would like to see UNI, McNeese, Delaware, UNH, App St, EWU, Youngstown, And Montana needs to step up and play a home and home with NDSU. We have a home and home with GSU signed now so that one is off the wishlist.

carney2
April 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
:confused: :confused:

You've obviously never been in Hamilton, NY after, let's say, mid October.

X-Factor
April 16th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Delaware, UNI, and Montana

Too bad UNI didn't work out this year. I think both schools were just too interrested in having the first home game.

mainejeff
April 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I would like McNeese to revive a hm & hm series with UNI and start one with Maine. McNeese played UNI many times in the 90's. Now that I travel to all the away games, I could see a game in UNI Dome. I would really like for the nice Maine fans to come back to Lake Charles and I would love to go their house (McNeese played one regular season game at Maine and one playoff game in Lake Charles).

I would like to see Delaware actually agree to a hm & hm game with McNeese. We have only played them once in the regular season and it was at Delaware (back in the 70's). McNeese has played Delaware two more times in the playoffs, one at McNeese (1995) and one at Delaware (1997). Delaware needs to get out of its comfort zone and schedule a home and home with McNeese.

I would also like to say that I would like a hm and hm with Montana because I would like to go to their stadium (other than when it is below freezing). However, since McNeese and Montana are likely to face off in the playoffs in any given year it might not be a good idea.:hurray:

With Maine and McNeese always seeming to have some sort of scheduling difficulty, a home and home between these 2 needs to happen! Cosgrove still has fond memories of his trip to Lake Charles, so it shouldn't be an issue on Maine's end from the coach's view. Maybe if the season goes to 12 games it can happen.

Husky Alum
April 16th, 2006, 01:58 PM
ASU
Northeastern

I'd say before Everhart left to coach hoops at Duquesne a few weeks ago, that would have been a great game to play.

While he's gone, I personally would still love to go down there for a game. Ron told me great things about the Cowboy fans, and we can both drown our sorrows in Dixie Beer about losing a good coach and a great guy.

catbob
April 16th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I forgot to add YSU to my list.

golionsgo
April 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I would like to see Southeastern Louisiana play home and homes with just about any strong I-AA program from around the country. I think it would be great to experience a trip to places like Montana, Delaware, Georgia Southern, North Dakota State, App State, Cal-Davis, and so on. I would also like to see us play Southern but they won't play us.

Cocky
April 16th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Hey Cocky
Why don't you have any former SLC foes on your list?

I just listed the one we have never played on a home and home basis. I would have no problem playing some SLC team in the future. It is a great league that doesn't get enough respect.

blackfordpu
April 16th, 2006, 03:13 PM
We have played UM before and it was great. It would be nice to see the Grizzlies and Kats hook up again.

Also, if we could branch out to schools like W&M, JMU, UNI, YSU, GSU, etc. I would like to see how we measure up to the other great I-AA teams.

GOKATS
April 16th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I forgot to add YSU to my list.

Ok, now you have me confused. I know you're a Bobcat, but your current avatar isn't from the same school as mine. What's up? :confused:

Ivytalk
April 16th, 2006, 04:21 PM
William and Mary. We did it back in the 80s. It would be good to see the two oldest schools in America go at it again.

fuEMO
April 16th, 2006, 04:35 PM
With Colgate and Delaware coming up on future schedules.

FU vs Montana (home and home)
FU vs CalPoly (home and home)
FU vs JMU (home and home)
FU vs TexSt (home and home)
FU vs Penn or Lehigh (home and home)

HI54UNI
April 16th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I'd like to see Montana, Delaware, Eastern Washington, and NDSU.

bulldog10jw
April 16th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Northen Arizona

because then I could go to the game out here.

EagleCrusade
April 16th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Montana
Youngstown
UMASS
SFA
Southern

McNeese75
April 16th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I'd say before Everhart left to coach hoops at Duquesne a few weeks ago, that would have been a great game to play.

While he's gone, I personally would still love to go down there for a game. Ron told me great things about the Cowboy fans, and we can both drown our sorrows in Dixie Beer about losing a good coach and a great guy.

Ron is a great guy. One of his asst coaches when he was here is a good friend and has kept us updated.

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 16th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I would also like to see us play Southern but they won't play us. Not true. SU contacted SLU last season about playing 1 game at SU. Now for the home and home, SLU's stadium isn't big enough.

blukeys
April 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM

Teams I would like to see us play (and I swear this topic has come up before because I remember some of these responses) are:

McNeese - I want to do some Cajun Tailgating
Montana - time to get it on again. 49-48
Grambling - Yes I like the whole band/party thing.
YSU - We had a good, respectful rivalry with hellacious hitting on both sides.

UC Davis and or
Cal Poly - Great excuse to visit beautiful parts of the West Coast.

I have seen GSU and the Citadel and am looking forward to Furman.

Regarding UD's scheduling, It has little to do with our comfort zone and everything to do with finances (See Montana's prior AD for an explanation)

UD's athletic administration always considers $$$$$$$ first and long plane trips don't work with that. UD makes the most money with home games, so this is what they schedule. This obviously helps the team but it also helps the bottom line and this is where the priority is placed.

In this part of the country, UD agrees with former Clemson Coach Danny Ford who said "Why should I fly 3,000 miles to find a team who can kick my ass when I can find one right down the road?" While I and many other dedicated fans would like to see some trans continental power teams to see how good the team is, Our views don't cut it. The administration knows that they can get Hofstra, UNH, and Lehigh as quality I-AA opponents at home and still sell out. The athletic administration sees these types of opponents as equal to or better than other teams on the other side of the nation. I know this is a sticking point for other teams who see UD's approach as arrogance. My view is that the right financial deal would get UD out of Newark. But, no I-AA team is capable of putting together the right deal to get this done. Trust me, Many Ud fans have expressed their view about wanting some quality AND variety in OOC games. So far this has been ignored.

Saying that a McNeese game should be scheduled so that I can party with McNeeseRocket, Buckp, and 75 has not worked so far. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. :D :D :D

ngineer
April 16th, 2006, 08:53 PM
William and Mary. We did it back in the 80s. It would be good to see the two oldest schools in America go at it again.

Better'n seeing the oldest couple 'going at it', again!:D

blukeys
April 16th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Better'n seeing the oldest couple 'going at it', again!:D

D*mn you ngineer, I had just finished a snack. I nearly lost it thinking on that!!!:nod:

catbob
April 16th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ok, now you have me confused. I know you're a Bobcat, but your current avatar isn't from the same school as mine. What's up? :confused:

TxSt02 put on one of our Bobcat helmets and I thought I would return the favor. A Bobcat switcheroo. We are bored.

darussian12
April 17th, 2006, 01:25 AM
i also heard MACHIAVELLI and TexasTerror are going to switch their respective schoools avitars :-) ...yeah that had me confused for lil bit at first

GrizFanIRAQ
April 17th, 2006, 12:34 PM
As a loyal griz fan, I appreciate the fact that just about every poster on here wants a home and home with us. The problem that has kept Montana from travelling is the simple fact that the athletic budget was in the red a million dollars and we make more money with home games than travelling to 1-aa programs. Outside of conference games, the only time the Griz left Washington-Grizzly Satium the last few years was for big paydays with 1-a schools. This may change after the 06 season since the budget defecit is on pace to wiped clean. I do however, want to see some matchup with the upper echelon of 1-aa teams like YSU, GSU, DEL, UNI, and maybe even some of the old Ivy's like Harvard, Yale and Princeton. I would also like to play a few games against teams that have never been to WA-Griz before!!:) just to give tham a a little game day experience they wont soon forget!!

golionsgo
April 17th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Not true. SU contacted SLU last season about playing 1 game at SU. Now for the home and home, SLU's stadium isn't big enough.

I think you have that backwards. Our AD contacted your AD about playing and he said you guys had no desire to play us. As for our stadium, it's plenty big enough. Not big enough to seat all the Southern fans who would want to come but big enough to play a football game.

GAD
April 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Not true. SU contacted SLU last season about playing 1 game at SU. Now for the home and home, SLU's stadium isn't big enough.
TRUE if we did do a home and home with SLU they would have to move there to the Superdome in New Orleans

GOKATS
April 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
TxSt02 put on one of our Bobcat helmets and I thought I would return the favor. A Bobcat switcheroo. We are bored.

Gotcha.

Go...gate
April 17th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Pennsylvania

Brown

Delaware

Hofstra

The Citadel

Liberty

Duquesne

VMI

ChickenMan
April 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM
1... Montana... love the 'big sky' country

2... Citadel... Charleston is always a great trip

3... Princeton... close and great stadium

4... McNeese St... never been to LA

5... ASU... never played App St

GAD
April 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I think you have that backwards. Our AD contacted your AD about playing and he said you guys had no desire to play us. As for our stadium, it's plenty big enough. Not big enough to seat all the Southern fans who would want to come but big enough to play a football game.
Do you have any idea how many people contact Southern wanting a home and home

NSUDemon98
April 17th, 2006, 04:34 PM
As an NSU Demon Fan:

-UMASS

-Montana...they've never experienced the humidity of Louisiana...we've froze our ass off in Missoula several times already :D

-I always enjoyed the Northwestern vs. Southern matchups

-James Madison...2 of I-AA's Biggest Bands face off

-Youngstown State

Kill'em
April 17th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Montana- In September at their place, though.;)
Grambling
TXST- PAYBACK!
Northern Iowa- We played them once... 21 years ago.

McNeese75
April 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM

No, Tell Us :)

kats89
April 17th, 2006, 07:56 PM
As a loyal griz fan, I appreciate the fact that just about every poster on here wants a home and home with us. The problem that has kept Montana from travelling is the simple fact that the athletic budget was in the red a million dollars and we make more money with home games than travelling to 1-aa programs. Outside of conference games, the only time the Griz left Washington-Grizzly Satium the last few years was for big paydays with 1-a schools. This may change after the 06 season since the budget defecit is on pace to wiped clean. I do however, want to see some matchup with the upper echelon of 1-aa teams like YSU, GSU, DEL, UNI, and maybe even some of the old Ivy's like Harvard, Yale and Princeton. I would also like to play a few games against teams that have never been to WA-Griz before!!:) just to give tham a a little game day experience they wont soon forget!!

Ya'll try to schedule all your games at home because you are vulnerable on the road. (pssst...2004, 95 degrees, 95% humidity, Bowers Stadium):rolleyes: xlolx

igo4uni
April 17th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Montana.

SU Jag
April 17th, 2006, 08:53 PM
No, Tell Us :)

Plenty playboy! When you talk about Southern University you're talking about a school with probably the largest traveling fan base in 1-AA. Our traveling fan base could put some of the 1-a schools to shame. Didnt we help you break your attendance record a few years back?xcoffeex

I can see you and I making a lil trip to the smack board!

hawkineer
April 17th, 2006, 09:03 PM
You've obviously never been in Hamilton, NY after, let's say, mid October.
Actually, I thought it started snowing any time after the 4th of July.xlolx xlolx

McNeese75
April 17th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Plenty playboy! When you talk about Southern University you're talking about a school with probably the largest traveling fan base in 1-AA. Our traveling fan base could put some of the 1-a schools to shame. Didnt we help you break your attendance record a few years back?xcoffeex

I can see you and I making a lil trip to the smack board!

I will not dispute your traveling fan base, well at least I have no reason too, but personally I have never seen it. And for the record, just exactly when did you help us break our attendance record?? Did you attend USL in the 70's??? Pretty neat trick since SU HAS NEVER BEEN TO OUR STADIUM :eek: :doh:

That slight little slip of the keyboard just makes me reinterate the question, HOW MANY????? Come on, if you are in the know, tell us exactly how many teams have requested a home and home. If you really don't know, just admit it.

Purple Knight
April 17th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I would like to see the SoCon do a same weekend head to head with another conference. Would take effort to rework schedules, but is do-able.

golionsgo
April 18th, 2006, 02:15 AM
TRUE if we did do a home and home with SLU they would have to move there to the Superdome in New Orleans

I would have no problem with that. Play a "home/home" with both games at the Dome. Both parties would make a lot of money.

golionsgo
April 18th, 2006, 02:17 AM

I really don't care how many schools contact Southern for a home and home. Bottom line is, we did and your AD refused. We're not going to go play any I-AA team on a one game basis at their place without a substantial guarantee. We can go play a I-A school for that which we're doing this year...three times.

Brad82
April 18th, 2006, 05:31 AM
For Rhode Island

FAMU
Montana or a Big Sky team
Big South team

No more D-II teams!! Play Merrimack after UCONN this year.

GrizFanIRAQ
April 18th, 2006, 08:53 AM
As an NSU Demon Fan:

-UMASS

-Montana...they've never experienced the humidity of Louisiana...we've froze our ass off in Missoula several times already :D

-I always enjoyed the Northwestern vs. Southern matchups

-James Madison...2 of I-AA's Biggest Bands face off

-Youngstown State

So McNeese State is not in LA and not in humidity!!!!!:bang: xidiotx

GrizFanIRAQ
April 18th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Montana.

Playing in a dome is not real football... It's fake and you never have the effects of Mother Nature!!! Football indoors....well you, mights as well get your manicure before you head to the game!!

McNeese75
April 18th, 2006, 08:59 AM

The humidity in late November is not a factor. Now, come see us in September :D I believe the Griz got a dose of that two years ago in Huntsville.

henfan
April 18th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Montana, Texas State, McNeese, Southern, App State, Cal-Davis, Portland State and Harvard.

MYTAPPY
April 18th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Some hm and hm I'd like to see:

App vs Delaware
App vs Youngstown St
App vs McNeese St
App vs Montana

It wouldn't happen as a home and home, but I'd like to see the Battle of the Mountaineers. West Virgina vs App. It may not result in a win, but I'd like to see it.

SunCoastBlueHen
April 18th, 2006, 10:13 AM
The most fun home and home series would obviously be against competitive teams with the most fanatical fan bases. So my list would have to include:

Montana (for obvious reasons, they should be on everyone's list)
GSU (done recently, but it sure was a fun series and would love to do it again)
Furman (coming up, but looking forward to it)
Mcneese (great fans and should be back in the playoff hunt this year)
UNI (the dome would be a neat experience)
YSU (renewal of an old mini-rivalry that included some classic games)

Uncle Buck
April 18th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Teams we had and I would like to see back or at least at HU for once

Furman, Montana, Cal Poly, Texas State, YSU to name a few.

OL FU
April 18th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Teams we had and I would like to see back or at least at HU for once

Furman, Montana, Cal Poly, Texas State, YSU to name a few.

2007?:nod:

TheValleyRaider
April 18th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Thinking within the box of tradition, I wouldn't mind another home-n-home with Yale and Harvard. The Yale Bowl was great trip, as I'm sure Harvard's stadium would be.

Some A-10 matchups like vs. Maine, UNH, Northeastern, Villanova, Richmond, W&M, Delaware

SoCon-Furman, Elon and Wofford (Small Private Schools Showdown!)

Others-Montana, McNeese, UNI, Coastal Carolina

and CORNELL (more games at Andy Kerr!)

MR. CHICKEN
April 18th, 2006, 11:23 AM
WOULD LOVES TA SEE....MONTANA.....CAL-POLY.....S.F.AUSTIN......EASTERN WASHINGTON.....NORTHERN ARIZONA.......NICHOLLS STATE.....APPALACHIAN STATE.......PENN......HAAVAAD...ETC........BUT.... UNFORTUNATELY ALOT O' DESE SQUADS..WOULD BE PLAY-OFF OPPONENTS..FO' DUH HENS.......AN' WOULDN'T WANNA FACE 'EM TWICE...IN UH SEASON........ACTUALLY AH WOULDN'T MIND...SEEIN' ANY O' DUH I-AA TEAMS COME TA NEWARK....DUH LIKES O' W.CAROLINA......MONTANA STATE..EASTERN KENTUCKY.....ILLINOIS STATE....NOR'WESTERN STATE......YADDA YADDA..DON'T WANNA LEAVE OUT ANY ....AH'D LIKE TA EVENTUALLY SEE ALL YOUSE GUYS.............:nod:.........BAWK!

SU Jag
April 18th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Jacksonville State
Delaware
Havard or one of the Ivy teams
Tennessee State(Neutral site)
Hampton(Neutral Site)
Tuskegee:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Georgia Southern
Montana(I would love to go up there)
and pleny of others....................

bcrawf
April 18th, 2006, 11:42 AM
At UNI we have wanted Montana since 1993 and even more since 2001. This would be a marquee PCG matchup, how bout a 4 year deal with 2 home games a piece??

Also, We have the same date we can't fill that Furman does and they are willing to go on the road in year 1, which works perfectly for us, we already have 6 at home for 07, but only 5 for 06. Bring on the Paladins!!

Tribe4SF
April 18th, 2006, 11:53 AM
The home-and-home most Tribe fans would like to see is with Hampton University. The game would sell out at both locations, and would help crystallize support for both teams on the Peninsula. Two institutions who have great respect for each other. Two legendary coaches.

ucdtim17
April 18th, 2006, 11:57 AM
harvard, princeton, yale, delaware, uni (upcoming), HBCU's (grambling, southern, etc), umass, montana (upcoming)

ucdtim17
April 18th, 2006, 11:57 AM
app st. as well

OrneryAggie
April 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM
My list is practically the same as Tim's. Namely Havard, Princeton, and Yale. Here at UCD we love NERDS.We're the closest IAA (or PCG) to the SF Bay Area where there are plenty of Ivy alums who'd like to see their teams play. Also our official colors are 'YALE Blue and Gold'

Grambling and Southern would be my next 2, though it would pain me to see our Band-Uh! outperformed.

Montana, UMass, Delaware, GSU, but not all in the same, regular season. Save a tough slate like that for the postseason path to the championship.

McNeeserocket
April 18th, 2006, 12:43 PM
The humidity in late November is not a factor. Now, come see us in September :D I believe the Griz got a dose of that two years ago in Huntsville.

Actually Montana came to McNeese the third game of 1991 (had to be hot and humid). The heat and humidy may be why McNeese beat Montana 31 to 3 that year. The previous year McNeese lost to Montana 42 to 25 up in Montana. This was the only hm and hm series McNeese and Montana have ever had.

Since then, the two teams have met 3 times in the playoffs (twice in Lake Charles and once in Montana). All three (1994, 1997, and 2002) of the playoff games' scores have been within 3 or 4 pts and have come down to the last minute.

So, Montana should invite McNeese to come to their house in Sept. (weather is still warm) and McNeese should invite Montana to come to our house in late October (weather is much milder, though still in upper 70's or lower 80's). But as I said earlier, any given year these two have a good probability of meeting in the playoffs (and it is hard to beat a team twice in the same season).

GtFllsGriz
April 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Anyone from the A10. I love the whole east/west thing and we have such different cultures. UD, Maine, Hofstra, JM etc., would love to see it happen again.

All the other conferences seem to have a little more in common, either in boonies, eat wierd food, know what crops are etc.

Those eastoners are just....well....different.

hahah, love ya all!!!

McNeese72
April 18th, 2006, 12:50 PM

Sept. 21, 1991. McNeese 31 Montana 3

Doc

McNeese72
April 18th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Didnt we help you break your attendance record a few years back?

Kind of hard to do when you don't ever show up at our stadium despite verbal and written contracts.

Even if you did show, you would never break the stadium record set at the 1976 game with USL at 27,500. Because the Fire Marshall would never let that many people in the stadium the way things are now days.

Doc

Proud Griz Man
April 18th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Sept. 21, 1991. McNeese 31 Montana 3

Doc

and don't forget the other epic battles :nod:

1994 at Missoula
McNeese=28 vs Griz=30

1997 at the Hole
McTeam = 19 vs Griz=14

2002 at the Hole
McTeam = 24 vs Griz=20

GAD
April 18th, 2006, 01:07 PM
My list is practically the same as Tim's. Namely Havard, Princeton, and Yale. Here at UCD we love NERDS.We're the closest IAA (or PCG) to the SF Bay Area where there are plenty of Ivy alums who'd like to see their teams play. Also our official colors are 'YALE Blue and Gold'

Grambling and Southern would be my next 2, though it would pain me to see our Band-Uh! outperformed.

Montana, UMass, Delaware, GSU, but not all in the same, regular season. Save a tough slate like that for the postseason path to the championship.
A game on the West Coast alot of fun I would absolutely love that!

dbackjon
April 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
For NAU - since we have recently had home-and-homes with SFA and UNI, I'll leave them off the list.

Delaware - have W.L. Gore sponsor it - the GoreTex Classic
Georgia Southern - try to avenge embarrasing play-off loss
Furman - that home playoff loss to Furman in 1996 still burns
North Dakota State - played NDSU 6 times from 73-81

Cal-Poly - NAU is 5-0 against them.

MR. CHICKEN
April 18th, 2006, 01:26 PM
HOW 'BOUTS UH HOME AN' HOME...WHIFF.....DELAWARE STATE......WHERE WE WOULD BE AT HOME ONE YEAR...DEN WE WOULD BE HOME THE OTHERAH YEAR?......let's buzz awhile.........:rotateh:....BRAWK!

ps.....COULD USE DA TWO W'S..ALSO!

DuckDuckGriz
April 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Well considering many ideal games and great stadiums are on our home-home schedule already, this needed some thought...

1- Villanova.. uh, haven't played them since the 1920s, and they are down the road
2- William and Mary.. nice place, tough teams
3- Hofstra.. Only been to L.I. twice.. Mets game, and accidently got on the wrong N train at Lex. Ave., we used to play them
4- Furman.. hear alot about them, want to learn about them.. top of IAA each year.. 'gate plays 'em, lets see how that goes
5- Eastern Washington.. great location, quality football, good fans it seems

I thought about Montana, but I'd like to save that card for a playoff game in Missoula.. more intensity.

As for an I-A.. Rutgers..

xidiotx xidiotx

henfan
April 18th, 2006, 02:47 PM
For NAU - since we have recently had home-and-homes with SFA and UNI, I'll leave them off the list.

Jon, I'm sure most people don't get that reference, but I do. Good idea!

My wife had some friends out in Flag when she used to work at Gore's Newark HQs.

dbackjon
April 18th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Jon, I'm sure most people don't get that reference, but I do. Good idea!

My wife had some friends out in Flag when she used to work at Gore's Newark HQs.

Probably not - but I figured most UD fans would.

For those scratching their heads on this, WL Gore, maker of Gore-Tex, is HQ'd in Newark, (home of UD), and has major operations (Medical Products Division is centered there) in Flagstaff (home of NAU). Gore is (or used to be, not sure now) Flagstaff's largest private employer, with dozens of facilities scattered around town.

blukeys
April 18th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Probably not - but I figured most UD fans would.

For those scratching their heads on this, WL Gore, maker of Gore-Tex, is HQ'd in Newark, (home of UD), and has major operations (Medical Products Division is centered there) in Flagstaff (home of NAU). Gore is (or used to be, not sure now) Flagstaff's largest private employer, with dozens of facilities scattered around town.

It is also considered one of the best companies to work for. :nod:

Demon Fan
April 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Since the only times that we have played Montana have been in playoff games (with the Grizz being less than generous hosts), it would be good to have them visit us in Louisiana for some southern hospitality during the regular season. Would also like to host UNI in Turpin Stadium; the Panthers are a good match. I've not seen Ga. Southern up "close and personal", so I'll include them. Lastly, the blue hens of Delaware (we have already done a hm and hm with Del. State.

Kill'em
April 18th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry, I forgot two schools we've played in the past and really want to start playing them again: South Carolina St and Florida A&M. We haven't played them for a while and it's a shame because these are some of the coolest folks I've met.

NSUDemon98
April 18th, 2006, 03:43 PM

Obviously I wasn't aware that ya'll had been TO McNeese...I knew that the Cowboys and Griz hooked up but I thought it was in Missoula...

Nothing to bang your head into a wall over...

putter
April 18th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I too like the east/west thing as I would add the Ivy's and the HBCU's would be a fun experience. It is always fun to play teams you have not played before. The NCAA should show us some of that BCS love money and help with travel costs...

GAD
April 18th, 2006, 07:07 PM
My list would include
Montana State-everybody wants the Griz so I'd take the Cats
Tenn. State-Tradition
Jacksonville State-Alabama folks are really nice
UNI-I want to meet Capt'n Cat & D1B
South Carolia State
Connecticut-Got cousins there
Central Arkansas-There new to I-AA why not

RabidRabbit
April 18th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Both have good, if not GREAT stadiums to play in. And crowds for competative D-1AA game will be well attended. Especially for the OOC games of Sept. We each know that we're a flight for most schools, but similar to games at Montana, it'll be great games.

Both schools are playing with the toughest teams and are playing tough. Home and home rewards both teams, and both schools have gone to all coasts to play and most conferences.

Give us a chance, and you'll like the competetion, and the friendly supportive fans.

TexasTerror
April 18th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Considering all the Jackrabbit fans on this board are class acts and the problem as a whole has been a great addition to the I-AA ranks (including that great already established rivalry with North Dakota St), I wouldn't mind a home-and-home with you folks.

Like your rivals to the north, playing SLC schools are nothing new. SHSU has played NoCo, so nothing new to GWFC foes either. Would be nice and perhaps by then, you guys will be climbing up the rankings and we can have another nice win over a ranked team in H'ville...

RabidRabbit
April 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Considering all the Jackrabbit fans on this board are class acts and the problem as a whole has been a great addition to the I-AA ranks (including that great already established rivalry with North Dakota St), I wouldn't mind a home-and-home with you folks.

Like your rivals to the north, playing SLC schools are nothing new. SHSU has played NoCo, so nothing new to GWFC foes either. Would be nice and perhaps by then, you guys will be climbing up the rankings and we can have another nice win over a ranked team in H'ville...

Hey TT - SLC & BSC are where most of our OOC games are. Good match-ups and I believe we're winning games versus SLC. For '06, Rabbits play McNeese, UCA, and Nichols. '07, SF Austin, TxSt, and likely to UCA, but last not confirmed. '08 McNeese, SF Austin, Nichols altho last 2 not confirmed yet. Hope that 07/08/09 could be the year to add SHSU, but know that we're booking fast.

slostang
April 18th, 2006, 09:59 PM

Georgia Southern - try to avenge embarrasing play-off loss
Furman - that home playoff loss to Furman in 1996 still burns
North Dakota State - played NDSU 6 times from 73-81

Cal-Poly - NAU is 5-0 against them.
That was then, this is now. The last two years Cal Poly has won more games against teams from the Big Sky conference then NAU has. Over the last two years Cal Poly is 8-2 against the Big Sky and NAU is 5-9.

NAU is a great I-AA team with nice facilities and it is in a beatiful part of Arizona. I would love to see a home and home with NAU and I would definately make the trip.

blukeys
April 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM

I like your idea dback and can do you one better.

The William Roth Classic between Montana and Delaware.

William V. Roth was a native of Montana who attended Harvard Law School prior to working for DuPont and then moving to Delaware. He was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1970 and was the original sponsor of legislation estabishing the first Individual Retirement Accounts for ordinary citizens (IRA). Later he expanded this retirement accounts to even more Americans with the Roth IRA.

Roth was the chief legislative sponsor of Ronald Reagan's tax cuts during the early 80's. The legislation eventually became known as the Roth-Kemp tax cuts (or Kemp-Roth if you were from upstate New York)

Bill Roth was consistently cited as the "Taxpayers Best Friend" by groups interested in lower taxes and reduced government waste. Bill Roth exposed such wasteful spending as the $600 toilet seat in the military and many other items.

Roth had property in Montana to which he intended to retire. Unfortunately he passed away before he could enjoy it. If Montanans proposed an annual game in his honor UD would be hard pressed to turn it down. (HINT HINT) especially since one half of the Board of Trustees owe their appointments to his reccomendations :nod: :nod: :nod:

Uncle Buck
April 19th, 2006, 08:55 AM
2007?:nod:

I'd love to see the 'dins up north. Hopefully we can work something out and set it in stone. A great OOC matchup and a great game last year as well.

Canyoncat
April 19th, 2006, 09:08 AM
For a home and home with MSU:

McNeese: Showed MSU fans great hospitality a few years ago in the playoffs. Would like to return the favor.
NDSU: I think we are playing the Bison in North Dakota next year. Plus they should be a BSC team!
SDSU: Should be a BSC team!
UNI: Just want another couple of shots. Great team with a great tradition!

Of course who wouldn't want to play a home and home with Georgia Southern, Delaware, UMass and ASU.

GO CATS!!

Husky Alum
April 19th, 2006, 10:17 AM

Call it the 401(k) Bowl, or the IRA Bowl. Have Fidelity sponsor the game - god knows they've made a ton in fees on IRA's and Roth Accounts.

And in honor of The Honorable Mr. Roth, all taxes to be collected on that day will be deferred until retirement. ;)

Lame attempt at tax/accounting humor.

dbackjon
April 19th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I like your idea dback and can do you one better.

William V. Roth was a native of Montana who attended Harvard Law School prior to working for DuPont and then moving to Delaware. He was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1970 and was the original sponsor of legislation estabishing the first Individual Retirement Accounts for ordinary citizens (IRA). Later he expanded this retirement accounts to even more Americans with the Roth IRA.

Roth was the chief legislative sponsor of Ronald Reagan's tax cuts during the early 80's. The legislation eventually became known as the Roth-Kemp tax cuts (or Kemp-Roth if you were from upstate New York)

Bill Roth was consistently cited as the "Taxpayers Best Friend" by groups interested in lower taxes and reduced government waste. Bill Roth exposed such wasteful spending as the $600 toilet seat in the military and many other items.

Roth had property in Montana to which he intended to retire. Unfortunately he passed away before he could enjoy it. If Montanans proposed an annual game in his honor UD would be hard pressed to turn it down. (HINT HINT) especially since one half of the Board of Trustees owe their appointments to his reccomendations :nod: :nod: :nod:

I didn't know that about Roth - he was a great Senator. AGS - educational!

Umass74
April 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Outside of the obvious games against former regular foes Harvard and Holy Cross, I would like to see UMass play:

Grambling
FAMU
Any Big Sky Team
Ga Southern

blukeys
April 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Call it the 401(k) Bowl, or the IRA Bowl. Have Fidelity sponsor the game - god knows they've made a ton in fees on IRA's and Roth Accounts.

And in honor of The Honorable Mr. Roth, all taxes to be collected on that day will be deferred until retirement. ;)

Lame attempt at tax/accounting humor.

Great Ideas. But it would take an act of Congress. Fidelity certainly has the pockets to sponsor the game.

MSUBear42
April 20th, 2006, 10:32 AM
For Missouri State:
1)Mizzou, but we dont play cheaters
2) Arkansas
1AA:
1) Sam Houston
2) SEMO

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 10:34 AM
1AA:
1) Sam Houston
2) SEMO

I don't think anyone at SHSU would mind continuing the OOC series with Missouri St. It's as close a non-conference regional foe as we'll get being in this part of the country...

SHSU has a history of playing teams from the Gateway before with Western Illinois, who we will renew our series with in a few years and Western Kentucky, who we caught in the playoffs in 2004.

SunCoastBlueHen
April 20th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Gateway is the Midwest league that if we'd moved up when UNI did, we'd probably be in. So good "local" match-up between competative programs.

A big THANKS to GaSU, who again this year, has been willing to play a newbie transitional (UCA), and help educate that transitional on how the game is played at the top levels. Here's hoping that more of the SoCon will play to the midwest/west.

:bow: SLC, appreciate the home home approach also.:bow:

It is not the SoCon or the Gateway, but the word from the GoHens board is that a home and home has been scheduled beween the Hens and Jacks. No specifics were give, but stay tuned!

MSUBear42
April 20th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I don't think anyone at SHSU would mind continuing the OOC series with Missouri St. It's as close a non-conference regional foe as we'll get being in this part of the country...

SHSU has a history of playing teams from the Gateway before with Western Illinois, who we will renew our series with in a few years and Western Kentucky, who we caught in the playoffs in 2004.

You guys brought a lot of GREAT fans up here for that game in Springfield 2 seasons ago.

RabidRabbit
April 20th, 2006, 01:33 PM
It is not the SoCon or the Gateway, but the word from the GoHens board is that a home and home has been scheduled beween the Hens and Jacks. No specifics were give, but stay tuned!

Remember some '70's D2 matches between our :smiley_wi Easter program schools :smiley_wi

Would be good match ups!

DetroitFlyer
April 20th, 2006, 01:37 PM
The University of Dayton and Youngstown State Universtiy should be playing every year, home and home type series, for the 1-AA Championship of Ohio!

DetroitFlyer
April 20th, 2006, 01:38 PM
The University of Dayton and Youngstown State University should be playing every year, home and home type series, for the 1-AA Championship of Ohio!

GrizFamily
April 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Cool thread and very enjoyable posts. I too appreciate the positive thoughts about the Griz program. Some of our 'fans' should spend some time out here and they would appreciate what we have a little more.

Saint3333
April 20th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I'd like to play any team west of the Mississippi River. ASU has never won a game played on that side of the river, actually the only team west of there they have beaten is UNI at a neutral site of course.

As for big bands, I hope JMU brings their's, ASU's tops 300, how big is NW St.'s and JMU's?

blukeys
April 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Cool thread and very enjoyable posts. I too appreciate the positive thoughts about the Griz program. Some of our 'fans' should spend some time out here and they would appreciate what we have a little more.

It would not change a thing for the "fans" you would want to educate. Go to A Delaware or Georgia Southern Board. You will find the same "fans". All the whining, bellyaching, and second guessing will be the same. Only the names will be different. :nod: :nod:

blukeys
April 20th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I'd like to play any team west of the Mississippi River. ASU has never won a game played on that side of the river, actually the only team west of there they have beaten is UNI at a neutral site of course.

As for big bands, I hope JMU brings their's, ASU's tops 300, how big is NW St.'s and JMU's?

Delaware's is in that range. I don't know the exact number. If you want to schedule just for a band, Check out UMass.

MSUBear42
April 20th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Delaware's is in that range. I don't know the exact number. If you want to schedule just for a band, Check out UMass.
Or MO States:
http://photos-035.facebook.com/n13/236/111/34300465/n34300465_30038035_205.jpg

TxState_GO_CATS!
April 20th, 2006, 08:18 PM

you guys beat us a few years ago in boone...

colonelblitz
April 21st, 2006, 09:39 PM
YSU beat EKU in the 1979 Regular season.
Sorry, but we did not play YSU in 1979.

Back on topic..Delaware,lehigh, Montana, Furman..

bandl
April 21st, 2006, 10:07 PM

JMU's marching band is around the 365 mark. My second year in the band (just after we won the 'Sudler Trophy'), we were the largest marching band in the nation (just short of 500). There were over 75 trumpets....that's *****ing loud. But they started cutting back on the size of the band in recent years...not sure why.

bandl
April 21st, 2006, 10:08 PM
Sorry, but we did not play YSU in 1979.

Back on topic..Delaware,lehigh, Montana, Furman..

I think he meant 1980...YSU 45 - EKU 0.

April 21st, 2006, 10:56 PM
Sat 12/13/1980 Lehigh vs Eastern Kentucky Playoff Semifinals Bethlehem, PA (11,500) Eastern Kentucky 23-20
Sat 12/13/1980 Grambling vs Boise State Playoff Semifinals Boise, ID (17,300) Boise State 14-9
Sat 12/20/1980 Eastern Kentucky vs Boise State Playoff Championship Sacramento, CA (8,157) Boise State 31-29

ButlerGSU
April 21st, 2006, 11:27 PM
Not sure this has been said but I'd like to have a GSU/UD hm & hm.

colonelblitz
April 22nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
Sat 12/13/1980 Lehigh vs Eastern Kentucky Playoff Semifinals Bethlehem, PA (11,500) Eastern Kentucky 23-20
Sat 12/13/1980 Grambling vs Boise State Playoff Semifinals Boise, ID (17,300) Boise State 14-9
Sat 12/20/1980 Eastern Kentucky vs Boise State Playoff Championship Sacramento, CA (8,157) Boise State 31-29

Ralph, you could have talked forever and not mentioned the Boise St game..:) The game lasted over 2hrs and boiled down to the last 55sec.. We trailed the whole game, then Chris Isaac hit Booze on a 60 yd TD bomb. Boise St won the game on a 4th down play from the 14yd line. Man..it could have been back to back.. Of course we evened the score the next year..:) Only to lose to Idaho. in the championship game. I wouldn't even eat anything from Idaho.:) The boycott ended the next year, thanks to Delaware.:hurray: