PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian OOC 2012

Mountaineer
September 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
According to the MMB, and via a Coach Moore press conference, next year's schedule included Coastal Carolina and East Carolina. This is in addition to the Montana game.

Don't think App has had a schedule completed this soon in a long time. And a huge huge improvement in scheduling as well. xthumbsupx

ECU - Away
Coastal - Home
Montana - Home

Plus Furman, Wofford, Elon, and I guess The Citadel.

asumike83
September 13th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Wow, that would be excellent! I sure haven't heard anything about another ECU match-up in 2012 but I hope it holds true. As much fun as it is to see my team play in legendary stadiums against FBS blue-bloods, we need an FBS match-up that we have a real shot to compete for a W. ECU is a solid program and an in state rival, I'd love to play them again. Plus, Montana and CCU is a hell of a lot better than A&T and Savannah State.

AtlantaMountaineer
September 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Isn't 2012 and 2013 12 game years? I wonder if Coastal is a home game in 2012 since we have away games at Georgia and Montana in 2013 we may be doing an away and home with them. Just wondering.

OL FU
September 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Nice OOC!

StorminASU
September 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Isn't 2012 and 2013 12 game years? I wonder if Coastal is a home game in 2012 since we have away games at Georgia and Montana in 2013 we may be doing an away and home with them. Just wondering.

Not sure if you're asking this, but we are doing a home and away with both Montana and McNeese.

Apphole
September 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Glad to are this guy coming to town

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?92758-CCU-coach-interview&highlight=

AtlantaMountaineer
September 13th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Not sure if you're asking this, but we are doing a home and away with both Montana and McNeese.

Sorry my post wasn't very clear. Listening to Coach Moore's interview he didn't say whether the Coastal game was at home or away. I was just thinking that since we are playing Montana at home in 2012 and away in 2013 along with and away game at Georgia we would be needing OOC home games in 2013. So I was wondering if this might be an away in 2012 and home in 2013 to even up the schedule.

Grizzaholic
September 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Glad to see App St on the schedule.

Mountaineer
September 13th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Glad to see App St on the schedule.

No doubt. Main reason I renewed my season tickets this year was to guarantee my spot for the 2012 slate. xlolx

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM
According to the MMB, and via a Coach Moore press conference, next year's schedule included Coastal Carolina and East Carolina. This is in addition to the Montana game.

Don't think App has had a schedule completed this soon in a long time. And a huge huge improvement in scheduling as well. xthumbsupx

ECU - Away
Coastal - Home
Montana - Home

With 4 GWFC teams joining the BSC the Grizzlies are going to have their hands full next season!!

hapapp
September 13th, 2011, 07:27 PM
When the W-S Journal contacted the athletic department about the 2012 slate, their comment was that nothing had been finalized but there were on going discussions.

Skjellyfetti
September 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I'd hold off on this.

Sounds like it might be like Chip Kelly saying something about Tennessee buying out the return game against Oregon... when they hadn't.

Mountaineer
September 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Well sure, no where in the first post is it written that Jerry came down from Howard's Knob with next year's schedule inscribed in stone tablets.

It's all speculation, rumor, and hearsay for now. xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
September 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Nice piece of scheduling

biggie
September 13th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Uhm yeah, what happened to the Georgia game?

T-Dog
September 13th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Uhm yeah, what happened to the Georgia game?

2013, specifically November 9th, 2013.

http://www.sicemdawgs.com/football/sched/fb_sch.php

kdinva
September 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Isn't 2012 and 2013 12 game years?
2013 and 2014 are the 12 game seasons for 1-AA's

StorminASU
September 14th, 2011, 08:18 AM
2013 and 2014 are the 12 game seasons for 1-AA's

I heard someone else mention this. Why do we have 12 games for just these two seasons?

UAalum72
September 14th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I heard someone else mention this. Why do we have 12 games for just these two seasons?
The combination of an early Labor Day and a late Thanksgiving in those years gives an extra weekend between the start of the season and the first playoff game.

biggie
September 14th, 2011, 09:47 AM
2013, specifically November 9th, 2013.

http://www.sicemdawgs.com/football/sched/fb_sch.php
Ah, don't know what i thought it was '12.

SoCon48
September 14th, 2011, 09:52 AM

ECU - Away
Coastal - Home
Montana - Home

That will be a challenging schedule. It could definitely affect the chances of or seeding in the play-offs.

SoCon48
September 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Ah, don't know what i thought it was '12.

Personally, I think 12 games coupled with play-off possibilities are too much for the athletes.

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM
That will be a challenging schedule. It could definitely affect the chances of or seeding in the play-offs.

2013 could be even more difficult with a return trip to Montana and a trip to Georgia. 2014 at McNeese..so yeah, the next several years are going to be tough schedule wise, but I like it..can only make the team better.

appfan2008
September 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
2013 could be even more difficult with a return trip to Montana and a trip to Georgia. 2014 at McNeese..so yeah, the next several years are going to be tough schedule wise, but I like it..can only make the team better.

I agree.. I would rather see the guys challenged than play A&T and Sav St

asumike83
September 14th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Being able to schedule early season games with some excitement is well worth the risk of losing an FCS game out of conference. If we have a championship caliber team, we will make the playoffs and take care of business. If not, scheduling cupcakes wouldn't have done anything but give us enough regular season wins to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

SoCon48
September 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM

Chances of making the play-offs will be detrimentally affected.

professor8315
September 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
ECU - Away
Coastal - Home
Montana - Home

it's good to see ASU are actually scheduling a few FCS contenders next season.

this season y'll schedule A&T and SSU and then complained about the quality of play. i like that you have two FCS playoff participants on schedule.

asumike83
September 16th, 2011, 09:16 AM
ECU - Away
Coastal - Home
Montana - Home

this season y'll schedule A&T and SSU and then complained about the quality of play. i like that you have two FCS playoff participants on schedule.

I like the ECU game too. It seems that this year especially, we can't find any middle ground. It's either a top-level BCS team that kicks the crap out of us or the bottom of the FCS barrel that does not show us anything about the team. If we get ECU on the slate it will be a competitive game that we can grow from or possibly get a W, instead of a confidence killing game like we had in Blacksburg. I know we had some trouble finding FBS teams to play us after Michigian, but I think that is starting to go away after the FBS games the last few years. Obviously, facing playoff caliber FCS teams will only help us later in the season. If we don't win enough games to make the postseason, then we didn't deserve to be there.

james_lawfirm
September 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Chances of making the play-offs will be detrimentally affected.

I disagreed with that worry when I heard it in 2007, and I disagree with it now.

If anything, we'll have a better team with a tougher schedule.

GaSouthern
September 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM
ECU - Away
Coastal - Home
Montana - Home

Honestly that'd be a dream schedule for me.

GSU has a pretty good history with all three teams and after the last three games against ECU, it is time for their xtroublex from us.

The last time GSU was shutout was 1997 against Montana in their place if memory serves me correctly.

james_lawfirm
September 17th, 2011, 06:57 AM

App's OOC schedule has more to do with who will agree to play us, than who App wants to play. There've been years when NO ONE would play us & our AD was rushing to make up the schedule at the last minute. I would guess that explains our OOC schedule this year. I cannot imagine that NC A&T and Sav.St. were our first choice. But, it is what it is, so we'll make the best of it. I am excited about 2012 though.

GSU1-A
September 17th, 2011, 07:15 AM
I guess Appy isn't worth as much. ;) http://www.sicemdawgs.com/2011/08/georgia-future-non-conference-opponents-guarantees-2016/

What surprises me is South Bama getting so much?

tractorapp
September 17th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I guess Appy isn't worth as much. ;) http://www.sicemdawgs.com/2011/08/georgia-future-non-conference-opponents-guarantees-2016/

What surprises me is South Bama getting so much?

I know we would not make a deal like that today. I'm unsure when this contract was signed, but I would think it was 5-6 years ago since the game was originally set for 2009. Today, we make much more cash from a home game. A game against the Dogs could help recruiting, but it is not a money maker for us.