PDA

View Full Version : The Lehigh @ Princeton Thread: How Pi$$ed are the Mountain Hawks?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2011, 10:05 PM
More to follow! xlolx

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2011, 10:13 PM
From those of you at the game, were the Mountain Hawks pissed?

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Well the fans were pissed, and Lum threw three picks and pass defense was non-existent, so yeah...

But I don't know... they were down big time and the comeback itslef was worthy effort.

Go...gate
September 11th, 2011, 10:34 PM
This game is Lehigh's to lose. However, they have had their struggles at Princeton before.

ngineer
September 11th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Princeton has always given us problems. Even when we win, they're tough games. They have some good athletes, but haven't learned to win yet. New coach last year, new system. Who knows what the come out with this year. I believe the offense will be what it is. Big question will be whether the defense starts getting its act together. Not sure what Andy does about the kicking game. Not sure if the blocked XP was fault of kicker for lack of trajectory, or due to line. Same as to missed XP--kicker or holder? Looking forward to this to see how we bounce back.

LUHawker
September 12th, 2011, 09:30 AM
From those of you at the game, were the Mountain Hawks pissed?

Difficult to say if the team was pissed. Given that the TD came on the first play of OT, it certainly was a momentum killer. From the Lehigh board, I read that LU's AD was PISSED and ran down to the field from the press box immediately. I think Lehigh was more stunned initially than pissed. A shame really. I hope the team can get themselves back up, learn from it and punish future opposition.

LEHIGH61
September 12th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Something wrong with LONGEVITY? How old is your father, Mr. Juvenile, who is hanging on to a lucky game in the past. I'm sure he won't be in as good a shape as I am at my age. I certainly hope not.

LEHIGH61
September 12th, 2011, 07:54 PM
That's for you Pard4Life, disrespectful ***. Pards 0-3 next week and probably a worse season than last.

heath
September 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Princeton's 1st game and Lehigh has 2 games under the belt, Should be a positive for any team playing an Ivy this week. Right?

van
September 12th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Princeton has always given us problems. Even when we win, they're tough games. They have some good athletes, but haven't learned to win yet. New coach last year, new system. Who knows what the come out with this year. I believe the offense will be what it is. Big question will be whether the defense starts getting its act together. Not sure what Andy does about the kicking game. Not sure if the blocked XP was fault of kicker for lack of trajectory, or due to line. Same as to missed XP--kicker or holder? Looking forward to this to see how we bounce back.

Peery has a strong leg, but his kicks do not get up very quick.

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Princeton is the Ivy doormat for a reason. Lehigh will win by 10+.

RichH2
September 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Expect Andy to focu team on Tigers. Despite score it was a tough game last year. Do not expect a walkover but unless we shoot ourselves reeatedly in various body parts we will score more and D may actually show up this week. Coach K is well known for motivational anger. He could not have been happy with his front 7 off UNH game.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Princeton and their new offense is a little unpredictable, but they do not have the personnel in place to really click. Tigers has their moments last year and some nice misdirecting plays, but they would not execute properly, make a mistake, bad throw etc. And I think their primary WR weapon graduated last year.

bluehenbillk
September 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
From the Lehigh board, I read that LU's AD was PISSED and ran down to the field from the press box immediately.

OK - maybe I missed something? Over what? Is this from a Princeton game from a previous year or UNH?

LUHawker
September 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
OK - maybe I missed something? Over what? Is this from a Princeton game from a previous year or UNH?

He was pissed about the incorrect TD call in the UNH game. That is the reference.

bluehenbillk
September 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Ok thanks - hadn't heard about it.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Is McKena ready to play yet?

ngineer
September 13th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Not that I'm aware. I was expecting his return in early October. Hood did a decent job, so no need to rush him back,,,,yet.

RichH2
September 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Only word I heard on McKenna was perhaps by PL schedule.

van
September 13th, 2011, 05:50 PM

Troy was moving pretty good on the sideline last week. He is listed as starter on the 2 deep, AJ Hood starting at other tackle. Disclaimer: Game notes are not always accurate.

van
September 13th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Expect Andy to focu team on Tigers. Despite score it was a tough game last year. Do not expect a walkover but unless we shoot ourselves reeatedly in various body parts we will score more and D may actually show up this week. Coach K is well known for motivational anger. He could not have been happy with his front 7 off UNH game.

Coach K needs to light up the secondary, we are 99th in passing defense.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
The game notes has LT McKenna, LG Lippincott, C Liebler, RG Schauder, RT Hood. This is the third different combo in three games. So far the OL has been very good. With McKena returning i can't help but think this will be the strongest five yet.

RichH2
September 14th, 2011, 03:49 PM
The game notes has LT McKenna, LG Lippincott, C Liebler, RG Schauder, RT Hood. This is the third different combo in three games. So far the OL has been very good. With McKena returning i can't help but think this will be the strongest five yet.

With Schauder back inside , I agree that this combo could be the best if they can meld which I think they will. LU site has pregame video up with McKenna and Gabe very nice

DJOM
September 15th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Princeton wins in upset. Princeton offensive players have had a year to gel under new and different system. Defense strong as ever---last year's injured starters are back.

Go...gate
September 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Having Wornham back will help the passing game - hopefully someone will be there to catch the ball.

Not as sanguine about the "strong as ever" PU D as you are - it was scored upon at will last year and very vulnerable.

PU playing, IMO, PL's best club far and away in the Engineers. Tigers will need to play their best game to have any chance.

RichH2
September 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Princeton wins in upset. Princeton offensive players have had a year to gel under new and different system. Defense strong as ever---last year's injured starters are back.

i appreciate your loyalty for the tigers. Wortham passed ery well vs us last yr Expect he will do the same this yr vs our rookie 2ndary. Our front 7 will hopefully have a better game than UNH and should control line of scrimmage D however, may be better than UNH perhaps, unlikely to slow down Lehigh. Of course LU has to avoid shooting itself in the foot with errors or even worse looking passed you to Liberty.

Go...gate
September 15th, 2011, 05:39 PM
See you at Cloister Inn....

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2011, 10:40 PM
My preview is out:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/09/game-preview-week-three-lehigh-at.html

Overall, though, this ain't a 1-9 team we're seeing here, IMO.

ngineer
September 15th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Glad to see Coen giving Divers a shot. Just like last year at QB, doesn't matter if you're a senior, if you can't do the job consistently, you lose your job. Only other option is the freshman who know one (other than the coaches and teammates) knows anything about.

RichH2
September 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Coach K needs to light up the secondary, we are 99th in passing defense.

Real issue vs UNH, front 7 did little to pressure Decker consistently. They need to do a better job pressuring qb to protect 2ndary . Tigers have good qb but new everywhere else on O. Must move him and hurry throws. Db s will get better as season goes on

ngineer
September 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Princeton's QB is very good on his feet. They will be hard pressed to contain him. LB's will be the key in this game.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Why am I so scared about this game?

MR. CHICKEN
September 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Why am I so scared about this game?

16111.....'CAUSE YER CHICKEN.....GROW UH PEAR....YER SQWAD TOOK...UH CAA....PERENNIAL...TA DUH LIMIT.....YOU'LL BE FINE....IT'S JES' AN IVY...DEY'RE SMARTER & WILL BE SET FO' LIFE.....BUT YA'LL CAN HANG YER BEIGE BALL-CAP.....ON UH W......BRAWK!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2011, 08:54 AM
16111.....'CAUSE YER CHICKEN.....GROW UH PEAR....YER SQWAD TOOK...UH CAA....PERENNIAL...TA DUH LIMIT.....YOU'LL BE FINE....IT'S JES' AN IVY...DEY'RE SMARTER & WILL BE SET FO' LIFE.....BUT YA'LL CAN HANG YER BEIGE BALL-CAP.....ON UH W......BRAWK!

Count on Mr. Chicken to set me straight! xlolx I uh, say, thanks! :)

RichH2
September 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
On a related note, I saw Band finally back up to the marching 97. About time . Sad that it has taken almost 30 years.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Game about to start! Go Hawks!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Lehigh rocking brown pants!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Hawks go 3 and out on their first possession.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Princeton goes down the field but Lehigh's defense tightens up. Princeto settles for a FG.

3-0 Princeton, 8:40 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Another 3 and out for Lehigh. Not a good start given the pace of Princeton's offense.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Lehigh's defense looks better during Princeton's second drive. They're getting killed on field position though.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Lehigh's offense has done nothing so far. Princeton has the ball again.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Lehigh's defense forces a three and out. Time for the offense to get going!

Great punt for the Tigers, Lehigh starting inside their own 20 again.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Lum to Spadola for a 49 yard TD! Spadola torches another DB!

7-3 Lehigh!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Spadola is having a game! 2nd TD of the night!

The Lehigh kicking game remains a mess, another missed XP

13-6 Lehigh at the half. Both teams look pretty good.

RichH2
September 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
O better step up. Longer leave Tigers in the game tougher it will get. Tigers had 2 weeks to prepae and they clearly did. They seem to know our O as well as our own OC. Half time adjustments important

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Wow! Lum to Spadola for another 46 yard TD pass!!!

Spadola 6 catches, 176 yards so far

20-6 Lehigh, 13:56 3Q

RichH2
September 17th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Thank you Owl and I want to personally thank Spadola's mom and Dad

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Another miscue in the kicking game for Lehigh!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Lehigh bends but doesnt break again as they stop Princeton 3 times from the 2 yard line. Tigers settle for a FG.

20-9 Lehigh, 2:41 3Q

Lehigh needs one more TD to ice this imo.

DJOM
September 17th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I don't understand the play calling. That should have gone in.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 07:27 PM
TD Lehigh, Lum to Farrell!

27-9, Lehigh 11:11 4Q

Barket seems to have escaped serious injury, his elbow bent completely backwards.

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM
The Hawks smell a W!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Princeton scores returns the ensuing KO for a TD and recovers the onside kick. Tigers driving again down 27-16.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Wow has this game changed.

TD Tigers! Lehighs stop the 2 pt conversion.

27-22 Lehigh about 7 minutes left.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Great drive by the Lehigh offense to ice the game!!

Lehigh 34 Princeton 22 1:51 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Lehigh wins 34-22.

The special teams are horrendous, the defense is decent and the offense is excellent....

Hopefully Barkett's elbow injury isn't too serious. That looked ugly.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Lum 28-38 384 yards 4 Td's 0 ints
Spadola 9-204 3 Td's

The pass defense was pretty good. However, Princeton was able to rush for 166 yards. Dibileo is the going to be an excellent RB for the Tigers.

LUHawker
September 17th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Once again, Lehigh special teams were terrible. Botched extra points, poor kickoff coverage, generally weak returns. This is a major issue and unless improved, will cost more games. LU's defense was ok, but looked very slow against the Tigers. Offense looks mostly good, but I didn't understand the early game play calling as it went away from Lehigh's strengths. Overall, good to get a W and Princeton will get some nice wins this year.

UNH72Plus
September 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Congratulations Lehigh, looks like Lum is the real deal. Also looks like the "D" still has some issues (much like UNH)!

Go...gate
September 17th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Attended the game. Lehigh was clearly better but their running game was a little inconsistent. Princeton has a lot of work to do. Numerous stupid penalties and the left side of PU's O-line let PU QB Wornham down several times.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Attended the game. Lehigh was clearly better but their running game was a little inconsistent. Princeton has a lot of work to do. Numerous stupid penalties and the left side of their OL let PU QB Wornham down several times.

This was the third different OL combo of the season for Lehigh. Also, the Barket injury slowed the LU rushing attack. When they had to grind out yards at the end of the game Sherman did a good job.

Besides the horrendous special teams play i think Lehigh did a good job. The pass defense was definitely better. Wornham was 23-41 for 232 1-1.

Southsider
September 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Attended the game. Lehigh was clearly better but their running game was a little inconsistent. Princeton has a lot of work to do. Numerous stupid penalties and the left side of their OL let PU QB Wornham down several times.

How bout those BROWN PANTS!!! Forty Three Years of watching LU football, never thought I'd see the this!! Next week brown on brown?????? Also, better personel in on KO return team.....Go LU!!!

Franks Tanks
September 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
How bout those BROWN PANTS!!! Forty Three Years of watching LU football, never thought I'd see the this!! Next week brown on brown?????? Also, better personel in on KO return team.....Go LU!!!

Those brown pants are brutal. Burn those right now! Typical Lehigh as of late; very good passing game, solid D, but a medicore run game and suspect special teams.

LUHawker
September 17th, 2011, 10:51 PM

I loved the brown pants. I've been complaining about the white on white for two years now and think this is a nice change. Yes, i think we'll see Brown on Brown either next week or Holy Cross.

ngineer
September 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I was at the game and it was clear that Princeton had us well scouted. Offense was non-existent the first quarter, but the rest of the game adjustments made and production soared. Clearly, the special teams are a concern. Botched snaps, KO return for TD, onsides kick givenup. Ryan needs to tighten this up pronto or we could lose an import league game because of it. Lum played a very solid game. Very comfortable in the pocket going through progressions. Interesting Wickware had some big catches this week versus Haggins last week. I thought Sherman ran well spelling Barket. Looked like a dislocated elbow that they reset. Barket came back in heavily taped. Some bad penalties that have to be cleaned up. Defense still too soft. Not sure what the problem is early in games. Second half, they came out with fire in their eyes and did a much better job. Fr. RB Dibilio from Nazareth PA had some very nice runs, and looks like a bright future for the Tigers. I'm afraid we're going to need another calculator for the game with Liberty next week.

As for the new brown pants, I liked the contrast with the white jerseys. The all-white look was fine as the 'antidote' to Lafayette's all-black look a three years ago, but a little too bland to wear all the the time.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2011, 01:48 AM

I thought they looked great. LU should keep them.

RichH2
September 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Liked Brown pants combo, a change of pace. Still like gold ,plain B&W too tame.

Loughery stepped in nicely for Greene . Front 7 finally stepped up in 2nd half. Haven't seen them since Monmouth. Barket's elbow tough injury but Sherman OK. O consistent LUm and wrs excellent. ST s ,since I cannot curse and throw a temper tantrum. I will just say that other than Divers the Sts are embarassinly bad.
Another positive note Suggs on the travelling squad. Kid is a difference maker. Would like to see him take over PR. I dont want Drawl to become another Gardner. We need him in the slot

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Lehigh almost blew the game... put those Hawks in the top ten!

heath
September 18th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Liked Brown pants combo, a change of pace. Still like gold ,plain B&W too tame.

Loughery stepped in nicely for Greene . Front 7 finally stepped up in 2nd half. Haven't seen them since Monmouth. Barket's elbow tough injury but Sherman OK. O consistent LUm and wrs excellent. ST s ,since I cannot curse and throw a temper tantrum. I will just say that other than Divers the Sts are embarassinly bad.
Another positive note Suggs on the travelling squad. Kid is a difference maker. Would like to see him take over PR. I dont want Drawl to become another Gardner. We need him in the slot
Didn't Go?Saw most of this on TV myself.If a freshman travelling is a positive,then this could be a long season for you Rich.The front seven with all the LB hype have been the biggest question mark as they are all upperclassmen.See you Saturday at your place if you make it.xthumbsupx

Pards Rule
September 18th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Good job Hawks - the only time I root for them is playing Ivies and some OOC games!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 18th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Any update on Barket?