PDA

View Full Version : ASU's 5th round draftee cut from NFL roster

SoCon48
September 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Seventeen of the 21 players who were drafted out of Football Championship Subdivision schools this year have made NFL rosters after teams reached the 53-player limit over the weekend.

The highest drafted player who was cut was former Appalachian State safety Mark LeGree, taken in the fifth round by the Seattle Seahawks.

LeGree was disappointed by his performance during training camp and felt the NFL lockout hurt him because it denied rookies of most offseason activities.

The 6-foot, 210-pound LeGree was a first-team All-America in each of his final three seasons.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/05/3885873/appalachian-states-legree-among.html#ixzz1X8WjdfoI

ASUMountaineer
September 7th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I hate to see this, I've been a big fan of LeGree since he stepped on campus. Here's to hoping another team gives him a chance.

alvinkayak6
September 7th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I am really sad to see this. I guess the secondary with Earl Thomas a young stand-out is in pretty good shape. Still confused why the Coffee Drinkers didn't take a solid QB (Locker FROM the Washington/Seattle area, Ryan Mallett, or Ponder). Hopefully, the young man lands on his feet and gets picked up by another team in the very near future. Heart-breaking for a draft pick.

ASUMountaineer
September 13th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I am really sad to see this. I guess the secondary with Earl Thomas a young stand-out is in pretty good shape. Still confused why the Coffee Drinkers didn't take a solid QB (Locker FROM the Washington/Seattle area, Ryan Mallett, or Ponder). Hopefully, the young man lands on his feet and gets picked up by another team in the very near future. Heart-breaking for a draft pick.

Yeah. I hope he gets picked up somewhere...I believe he was in Boone for the game this past weekend. Best of luck to Mark.

alvinkayak6
September 15th, 2011, 12:12 AM
:/

biggie
September 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
To update this thread, Legree apparently to the AZ practice team.

alvinkayak6
September 20th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Great news! As long as he stays healthy and doesn't mind bouncing around to a few cities, there is ultimately a chance for survival and then a roster spot and starting spot!