PDA

View Full Version : McNeese State-Kansas Recap

GeauxLions94
September 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
Kansas defeats McNeese State, 42-24, in the season opener for both teams. Thought I'd throw this journalistic red meat out there ... cue NDSU (and all FCS) fans in 3, 2 ...

The Jayhawks looked snappy and much faster than last year, when they struggled to a 3-9 finish in Gill's first season, beginning with a shocking 6-3 loss to Division II North Dakota State.

Kansas 42, McNeese State 24 (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312462305)

DG Cowboy
September 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
We'll see the film Tuesday to tell if the refs screwed us on a lateral-then forward pass for a TD and 7-7 tie. Ref discussion and decision with no replay on the big board. Other penalties had a replay. Then we did some personal foul stuff that seems to always need attention from Matt Viator. Let two receivers go out and catch TDs uncovered. That's smart. Typical first game, but no TO by either team. We couldn't seem to stop the run. Long ways to go.

All in all KU should have won, but by 7.

No_Skill
September 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Good Lord! You know, I can forgive the average dumb fan for making those kinds of mistakes, but a professional sports writer?

xoopsxxshakefistxxnonono2xxshakefistxxoopsx

crossfire07
September 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I enjoyed the game even though I knew their run game was going to be a problem. I think any FCS team would have problems stopping their run game this year. They do have a beautiful replay board. I wish they would have just utilized it more.

McNeese72
September 5th, 2011, 06:51 PM
We'll see the film Tuesday to tell if the refs screwed us on a lateral-then forward pass for a TD and 7-7 tie. Ref discussion and decision with no replay on the big board. Other penalties had a replay. Then we did some personal foul stuff that seems to always need attention from Matt Viator. Let two receivers go out and catch TDs uncovered. That's smart. Typical first game, but no TO by either team. We couldn't seem to stop the run. Long ways to go.

Kansas has the game archived on their website. I watched a little of the first half (didn't have time to watch the rest). But I did see the replay of the lateral/pass play. I stopped the action where Cody threw the ball and where the receiver caught the lateral and it looked to be a foot or two forward. Still hate replay.

Doc

McNeese72
September 5th, 2011, 06:51 PM

Edit for double post. Messageboard burped on me or something.

Doc

DG Cowboy
September 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Kansas has the game archived on their website. I watched a little of the first half (didn't have time to watch the rest). But I did see the replay of the lateral/pass play. I stopped the action where Cody threw the ball and where the receiver caught the lateral and it looked to be a foot or two forward. Still hate replay.

Doc

Well, I can accept that. I respect your opinion. Thanks.