PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Hose

Milktruck74
September 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
??????? Woffy whats up with that?

Milktruck74
September 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Nice W, but it shouldn't have been that exciting.

The Cats
September 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Is Wofford overrated, or PC under?

Milktruck74
September 3rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
I only saw the scores, so I really don't know.

apaladin
September 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
I only saw the scores, so I really don't know.

WC was up 28-7 midway 3rd qtr. They had 428 yds to PC's 142. IMHO WC started looking ahead to Clemson a little early. PC scored 21 straight to tie it and WC scored with about a min left to win.

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
WC was up 28-7 midway 3rd qtr. They had 428 yds to PC's 142. IMHO WC started looking ahead to Clemson a little early. PC scored 21 straight to tie it and WC scored with about a min left to win.

Thanks - was this another case of going into a Prevent Defense that almost prevents you from winning? Love the Terriers, but this score really surprised me (after seeing them up comfortably).

Reign of Terrier
September 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Basically, PC is a little better than everybody thinks. I don't know if they'll have a winning record or not but certainly better than they have been. At the same time, Wofford racked up 534 yards total (180 passing....say wha?) and 121 yards in penalties. Penalties were what kept PC in that game. We put our foot off the accelerator defensively because we wanted to avoid the penalties IMO. Some of the calls were missed and some botched IMO. I'm not worried about Wofford, I think every mistake we saw in this game can be fixed. I like our offense's potential (we played with a closed playbook, but Mitch Allen needs to work on his pitches). We have a lot of depth seemingly at every position. The defense is better than the 28 points they gave up. We had more penalty yards than they had rushing yards. in summary, Wofford dominated the middle 20 minutes, but PC wanted it more for the other 40 minutes. I still think we're good enough to win the Socon, but we have to get better, our upside is wayyyyyy up. Just my two pennies worth