PDA

View Full Version : JMU announces two sellouts

JMU1992
September 1st, 2011, 05:22 PM
Homecoming and parents weekend are officially sold out, and they are anticipating selling out the rest of the home games

http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205265139&DB_OEM_ID=14400

Dane96
September 1st, 2011, 08:08 PM
Damn impressive.

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2011, 08:36 PM
I'll be at the home opener! :)

jmufan
September 1st, 2011, 08:41 PM
Are they are bunch of you coming down aceinthehole?

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2011, 09:17 PM
It will probably be a fairly small group - mostly family of players, etc. We travel well for a NEC program, but mostly in our "footprint." I bet we only have a couple hundred in the stands - very similar to what we brought to W&M.

However, I think I'm going to get to enjoy the game from one of the brand new suites, so I will experience the best the new stadium has to offer ;)

Saint3333
September 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Where are those UD fans wondering if JMU would ever fill up their stadium?

BlueHenSinfonian
September 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
Where are those UD fans wondering if JMU would ever fill up their stadium?

It's a shiny brand new stadium - y'all better fill it up. What's the official capacity now?

I hope JMU does manage to keep the crowds at or near capacity, it should help encourage our own administration to go forward with the plans to complete the Delaware Stadium upgrades that were floated around last year.

Top Dawg
September 2nd, 2011, 06:39 AM
It will probably be a fairly small group - mostly family of players, etc. We travel well for a NEC program, but mostly in our "footprint." I bet we only have a couple hundred in the stands - very similar to what we brought to W&M.

However, I think I'm going to get to enjoy the game from one of the brand new suites, so I will experience the best the new stadium has to offer ;)

Not sure what your connection is to get into one of the suites, but I had heard that the old pressbox (which is surrounded by the student section) had been converted into a "suite" for the visiting team's AD. If that is where you will be, I not so sure that it will be the experience of the new stadium you are expecting.

The capacity question is currently being debated on the JMU boards, however, it appears that official capacity is just below 25,000, but by cramming in more students and including standing room only they supposedly can get about 27,000. We'll just have to wait and see.

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Not sure what your connection is to get into one of the suites, but I had heard that the old pressbox (which is surrounded by the student section) had been converted into a "suite" for the visiting team's AD. If that is where you will be, I not so sure that it will be the experience of the new stadium you are expecting.

Yep, that's where I plan to be. That's a little disapointing considering not all of the new skyboxes have been sold, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway ;)

The entire stadium looks great, and I'm excited to check it out.

Uncle Buck
September 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Either way, kudos to JMU for marketing this program and building a great venue. I'm sure the game day atmosphere will be electric and the players on both sides of the ball will be amped up.

JMUNJ08
September 2nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Glad to see they anticipate the other games to go too. I thought these two were definites no matter what happened but the others I will be impressed with. Let's hope they all show up towards the end of the season and we have something to play for the final few weeks!

appfan2008
September 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
congrats on the brisk sale of tix...