PDA

View Full Version : Fmr NW ST CB Signs with 'Skins

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Former All-SLC corner has signed on with the Redskins. Last played for the Jags and then before that, the Texans. Best of luck to Wright...

NFL: Redskins Add to Secondary, Sign CB Wright
By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
April 3, 2006

The Redskins added to their defensive backfield on Monday, signing free agent cornerback Kenny Wright, the team has announced.

It is expected that Wright will provide depth and veteran experience in the secondary, particularly in nickel and dime packages.

Wright is entering his eighth NFL season. The 6-1, 207-pounder has played in 110 games with 47 starts during stints with the Minnesota Vikings, Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

In his NFL career, Wright has tallied 344 tackles (259 solo), six interceptions and three sacks.

Wright spent his college days playing at Northwestern State, where he earned honorable mention All-Southland Conference honors twice. He was a three-year letterman after transferring from Arkansas.

Wright is a native of Ruston, La., where he attended Ruston High School.

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=162889&src=0

NSUDemon98
April 4th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Former All-SLC corner has signed on with the Redskins. Last played for the Jags and then before that, the Texans. Best of luck to Wright...

NFL: Redskins Add to Secondary, Sign CB Wright
By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
April 3, 2006

The Redskins added to their defensive backfield on Monday, signing free agent cornerback Kenny Wright, the team has announced.

It is expected that Wright will provide depth and veteran experience in the secondary, particularly in nickel and dime packages.

Wright is entering his eighth NFL season. The 6-1, 207-pounder has played in 110 games with 47 starts during stints with the Minnesota Vikings, Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

In his NFL career, Wright has tallied 344 tackles (259 solo), six interceptions and three sacks.

Wright spent his college days playing at Northwestern State, where he earned honorable mention All-Southland Conference honors twice. He was a three-year letterman after transferring from Arkansas.

Wright is a native of Ruston, La., where he attended Ruston High School.

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=162889&src=0

Kenny was an important part of the 1998 Semi-Final playoff team that lost to eventual National Champ UMASS...

Demon Fan
April 4th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Kind of odd how some schools seem to have a handle on producing outstanding players at a certain position. Ours (NSU) appears to be defensive backs. Names like Mike Green (Bears), Terrence McGee (Bills), Randy Hillard (Browns/Broncos/Bears), Adrian Hardy (49ers/ Bengals) Odessa Turner (Giants/49ers) and Al Edwards (Bills) come to mind. In all probability David Pittman will be added to the list this draft. I was under the impression that he (Pittman) was the only I-AA player invited to the last Senior Bowl, is that right?

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Kind of odd how some schools seem to have a handle on producing outstanding players at a certain position. Ours (NSU) appears to be defensive backs. Names like Mike Green (Bears), Terrence McGee (Bills), Randy Hillard (Browns/Broncos/Bears), Adrian Hardy (49ers/ Bengals) Odessa Turner (Giants/49ers) and Al Edwards (Bills) come to mind. In all probability David Pittman will be added to the list this draft. I was under the impression that he (Pittman) was the only I-AA player invited to the last Senior Bowl, is that right?

Pittman was the only I-AAer invited to the Senior Bowl. Did have a few I-AAers in the Hula Bowl, Las Vegas Classic, etc...