PDA

View Full Version : BYU v Weber State in '12 - First Meeting since 1979

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Apologize if I missed an early reference to this game, but I am sure that the guys at Weber State are excited about locking up with an in-state foe that has avoided (or ignored) them for a long time...

Provo • BYU and Weber State announced Friday that the schools will meet in football on Sept. 8, 2012 at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo.

The game marks just the third meeting between the two Utah universities.

“I was somewhat surprised to learn that BYU and Weber State have only met twice in football,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. “Coach [Ron] McBride is an excellent football coach and has added a lot to the great tradition of college football in the state of Utah. We look forward to renewing this in-state rivalry.”

The Cougars have a 2-0 record in the series, having defeated the Wildcats 45-14 in the first meeting on Nov. 17, 1973, and 48-3 in the only other game, on Sept. 15, 1979.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/52421925-88/byu-state-football-weber.html.csp

appfan2008
August 19th, 2011, 08:35 PM
surprising they havent played in so long!

hktribefan
August 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
BYU has long had a "rivalry" (though very one sided except for the loss last year) with Utah State. Utah State tends to not do so well so that was kind of the equivalent of BYU's FCS game.

kperk014
August 21st, 2011, 03:08 AM
Apologize if I missed an early reference to this game, but I am sure that the guys at Weber State are excited about locking up with an in-state foe that has avoided (or ignored) them for a long time...
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/52421925-88/byu-state-football-weber.html.csp

Every time I see a post by tt boy, I think of Tweety Bird: "I think I saw a texas terror-cat. ;)

I Bleed Purple
August 21st, 2011, 04:27 AM
I'd rather play Utah State or North Dakota State.

I wonder how much we're getting paid for it. Bus trip lowers costs.