PDA

View Full Version : Fmr NAU RB Makes Splash in NFLE Debut

TexasTerror
March 23rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Perhaps Roger Robinson has a chance at making Denny Green's squad in Arizona. He was released in the last cut last year by the Cards, but he can really impress for the Frankfurt Galaxy. Only 100+ yard rushing performance in week one. Best of luck to Robinson in making I-AA proud!

Former Lumberjack Robinson Impressive in NFL Europe Debut
(03/22/2006) DUSSELDORF, Germany - Arizona Cardinals running back Roger Robinson rushed for 103 yards on 26 carries this weekend in the Frankfurt Galaxy’s 10-6 loss to the Rhein Fire in NFL Europe.

Robinson recorded the only 100+ yard rushing day in NFL Europe as the league opened its 14th season last weekend.

Robinson rushed for 2,015 yards in two seasons at Northern Arizona University, finishing his career seventh on the NAU career rushing list. Robinson was in the Cardinals 2005 training camp as an undrafted rookie free agent but was released prior to the start of the regular season. He was re-signed by the Cardinals on January 5, 2006.

http://nau.newtier.com/index.php?module=pnNews&tid=18&sid=936

dbackjon
March 23rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Good to see Roger do well. Best shot for Roger with the Cards will be KR.

Maybe CaliLumber (Roger's Uncle) can give us some insight!

Calilumber
March 25th, 2006, 12:58 AM
TexasTerror,

Thank you for the well wishing for my nephew. It's friday night and I am having trouble falling asleep waiting for Sat morn game.

dbackjon,

It's hard to say what Roger's future is with the Cards. If he does real well in Europe they will not be able to place him on the practice squad because any team can sign him to active roster. I would say he has a very good chance to be KR for the Cards, but is doing very little KR in Europe because he is the starting RB.

I am very pleased he is getting a shot to show what he can do against NFL type players. One of the problems with playing at an 1AA school is that quality of the football is questioned by NFL teams. The funny thing is Roger said Weber St. hit twice as hard as Arizona and was a better overall defense. You never know what is going on with NFL rosters. You have about 30 guys on each roster that have little to worry about, then the rest of the guys are so similar in talent it's a craps shoot. If he makes enough noise in NFLE he will roster a team next year. Will it be with the Cards? That is VERY hard to say.