PDA

View Full Version : Preseason CAA Coaches Poll

TwoFeathers
August 1st, 2011, 08:24 AM
As voted by the CAA head coaches and media relations personnel.

2011 Preseason Predicted Order of Finish (First Place Votes)
1. William and Mary (12)
2. James Madison (4)
3. Delaware (2)
4. New Hampshire (2)
5. Massachusetts (1)
6. Richmond
7. Villanova
8. Rhode Island (1)
9. Maine
10. Old Dominion
11. Towson

TwoFeathers
August 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Any surprises? JMU anyone (although I think they will rebound this year)? How about Rhode Island getting a first-place vote, or Villanova falling to 7 in the CAA?

NHwildEcat
August 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM
URI getting a vote is odd at this point. I expect them to finish higher then they are placed on this poll, but a 1st place vote dosen't seem right to me. Nova dropping that far doesn't surprise me...they lost alot of firepower heading into next season. I would place UMass last...just because they are ineligible...so even them having a 1st place vote is crazy. JMU should have a better offense so if their defense sticks to a level much like last year they should have the chance to end up that high in the standings. At this time of the year you just never know...just a month left now!

TwoFeathers
August 1st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Even though ODU is new to the CAA, I think they will play better than expected. Their QB is getting all kinds of accolades.

TheDancinMonarch
August 1st, 2011, 09:06 AM
As an ODU fan I am just happy seeing us in the league. Being near the bottom just gives us something to shoot for in the future. If it were easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

Wildcat80
August 1st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Oct. 15 Towson @ ODU......if poll is correct......who gets the win? ps--URI played well last year......hope we get some payback.