PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers

D1B
May 14th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Got tickets to the Green Bay vs Pittsburgh game on November 6th at Lambeau. Mother's Day present for my Packer fanatic CheeseHead Mother. I'm a Steeler Fan. Should be fun. She's 65 and has loved the Packers her whole life - this will be her first trip to Lambeau.

Reed Rothchild
May 14th, 2005, 11:09 AM
WOW!!! I went to Lambeau last year in May and did the stadium tour. That place is amazing and I've always wanted to see a game there.

Few questions for ya D1B (if you don't mind):

How hard was it to get tickets at Lambeau?
How much were the tickets?

Marcus Garvey
May 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I'm not dissing anyone's mother here, but has anyone noticed that the Packers have become the "new" Cowboys? In the 70's and 80's, everyone and his brother was a Cowboys fans, meanwhile the Pack couldn't buy a winning season. Now I can't hit a damn sportsbar in AZ without seeing a Packers sweatshirt or hat. At least nobody wears those cheese-head hats....

Speaking of glory riders, does anyone know any Tampa Bay Buccaneer fans anymore? They all popped out of the wood-work about 8 years ago. When they won the super bowl, I saw Bucaneer gear all over Tucson. Haven't seen too much the last 2 seasons.

D1B
May 14th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I'm not dissing anyone's mother here, but has anyone noticed that the Packers have become the "new" Cowboys? In the 70's and 80's, everyone and his brother was a Cowboys fans, meanwhile the Pack couldn't buy a winning season. Now I can't hit a damn sportsbar in AZ without seeing a Packers sweatshirt or hat. At least nobody wears those cheese-head hats....

Speaking of glory riders, does anyone know any Tampa Bay Buccaneer fans anymore? They all popped out of the wood-work about 8 years ago. When they won the super bowl, I saw Bucaneer gear all over Tucson. Haven't seen too much the last 2 seasons.

She's been a packer fan since the 60's but your right. I hate the Packers. I'll be there is full on Steeler regalia. I even have the Steeler equivalent to those cheesehead hats - It a foam steel I-beam!

Reed, tickets were easy cuz we bought em in a tour package that included transportation from Madison to and from Lambeau, drinks, tailgate party and game tickets - $299 per person. It's pretty spendy, in my opinion, but my mother is thrilled.

I'll scout out ticket availability, scalpers, and prices for you when I'm there.

Gil Dobie
May 14th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I still have my 1983 Green Bay vs St Louis Playoff Ticket stub. My first game at Lambeau. I go to a game every year, my brother-in-law has bought out a season-ticket holder the last 8 years. Premium price, (scalping) but it gets us in the stadium. He is going to the Pittsburgh game. Scalped tickets are generally in the $150 range, sometimes you can do better. Vikings game is usually more. Vikings are on the Milwaukee package this year. The people that live in Milwaukee and had tickets from the days the Packers played 2 games in Milwaukee, still get their 2 games plus 1 preseason game. Green Bay season tickets holders get the other 6 games and 1 preseason game. I am trying to decide between Cleveland or New Orleans.

eaglefan452
May 14th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Going to Lambeau Field is one of my dream destinations as far as sports stadiums go. Wrigley, Yankee Stadium and Fenway are up there as well.

Gil Dobie
May 14th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Season tickets holders with passes, can tailgate in the stadium lot. We tailgate at a church near the corner of Ridge and Valley View, in the shadow of Lambeau. $25, indoor bathroom for the ladies in the party, lots of open space to play catch, or other party games.

Grizo406
May 14th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Speaking of glory riders, does anyone know any Tampa Bay Buccaneer fans anymore?

Got one right here, MG.

Now that Sapp left the team, I consider myself a Buc's fan once again. I used to live in Tampa and remember wanting the Buc's to lose because of #99. This guy was the biggest tool I've ever seen around fans...EVER !!!

Sorta' shallow of me to judge a whole team by just one guy, but that's how strongly I feel about Sapp, and repeated exposure to pols has caused shallowness to be one of the corner stones of my character. :p

Mr. C
May 15th, 2005, 11:38 PM
I was on needles and pins, watching the Ice Bowl in front of my TV as a kid. I've been a Packer fan for as long as I can remember, even though I grew up in California. Couldn't wait for the first Super Bowl between the Packers and the Chiefs.

Mr. C
May 15th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Going to Lambeau Field is one of my dream destinations as far as sports stadiums go. Wrigley, Yankee Stadium and Fenway are up there as well.
I took my now-nine-year-old to Fenway and Tiger Stadium when she was a toddler. Fenway is grimmy and dirty and a wonderful experience. We saw Tiger Stadium just a couple of months before the Tigers stopped playing there. Tiger Stadium was a Mecca in my mind. Greta place to watch baseball. One of my brothers visited Yankee Stadium and said it was very trashy and the fans were even worse.

eaglefan452
May 16th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Fenway is grimmy and dirty and a wonderful experience. We saw Tiger Stadium just a couple of months before the Tigers stopped playing there. Tiger Stadium was a Mecca in my mind. Greta place to watch baseball. One of my brothers visited Yankee Stadium and said it was very trashy and the fans were even worse.

I have heard that Fenway is pretty much a pit, but that the history of the stadium is the only thing that keeps it from being leveled. I never actually went to Tiger Stadium, but I did see it from the outside. My father grew up outside of Detroit and he always told me stories about seeing Mickey Mantle, Harmon Killebrew, Al Kaline and other great players play there.

Marcus Garvey
May 16th, 2005, 09:47 AM
I have heard that Fenway is pretty much a pit, but that the history of the stadium is the only thing that keeps it from being leveled.

Everybody has their own opionions on the stadium. Personally, I hate it. It's old, it's falling apart, and I don't believe any level of "restoration" could preserve the facility for long-term use. It's location is kick-a$$ however.

The major problem with Fenway is it's in Boston. Replacing it with another stadium anywhere inside the city limits will be pretty much a political impossibility. Getting the Fleet Center built to replace Boston Garden (another pit) was a long (over 10 years) process. I say let Sox fans have their dump if that's what they want.

My biggest peeve was the prices. In '97, when I first moved up there, the "blue" grandstand seats were $16. Those seats are behind the pillars holding up the roof (it's a roof, NOT a second deck). That means some part of the field will be obstructed from your view. By '01, those seats were $44. They're $45 this year, so at least they've "leveled off."

Fordham
May 16th, 2005, 10:15 AM
i'm actually a tb bucs fan, marcus. lived down there for a year in the '79 season and lived through thin-and-thin with them until the dungy era. although i can't stand what gruden and allen have done since they've both been there together, i continue to pull for them.

maybe i need to hang out in tucson more often.

bison95
May 16th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I was born a few hours from GB, & spent many winters traveling in that area playing youth hockey. I finally made it to a Packers game two seasons ago VS. the lions. I took my 3 year old son(Still thinks he is Brett) decked out in gear, and of course he had a cheese head. When I walked out into the bowl every hair sood up on my body. It was about the coolest thing I have ever had the opportunity to do. Take time to tour the stadium, pro-shop, and the Packer Hall of Fame. Seeing Aman Green bust a 60 yd. run for a TD. Amazing!

Gil Dobie
May 16th, 2005, 11:26 AM
When I walked out into the bowl every hair sood up on my body.

I still get that way after about a dozen games at Lambeau.

I thought Yankee Stadium was a great expierence for me, took a tour of Monument Park before the game. Easy to get to, via the subway. Seats were made for a 5'6", 150lb person.