PDA

View Full Version : App. States Hunter has great pro day

UNH 40
March 20th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Just looked at NFL.com's coverage of college pro-days, and Jason Hunter from App. St. pretty much assured the fact that he will get at least a shot as an undrafted free agent because of the great numbers that he put up. His numbers are as good or better than most of the guys invited to the NFL combine.

Jason Hunter DE/LB Hunter (6-4¼, 232) ran his 40s in 4.55 and 4.53 seconds. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.23 and the three-cone drill in 6.93. In addition, he had a 34½-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-2 broad jump and 22 bench presses.

Mr. C
March 20th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I was there and Jason Hunter looked great. He was running good times and looked like a running back doing shuttle drills, with skill position times. He looked lean and mean — he was in just tremendous shape. He probably will get drafted late, with teams looking at him as a linebacker and a special teams player.

Richie Williams also had a good day. Some teams are looking at him as a quarterback, others as a wide receiver. He is completely healthy, with no liongering effects from the ankle injury.

Both Hunter and Williams also have standing offers to play in the Canadian Football League. Williams could join former ASU tackle Wayne Smith, if he chooses to.

Saint3333
March 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Where's Davon these days?

OL FU
March 20th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I was there and Jason Hunter looked great. He was running good times and looked like a running back doing shuttle drills, with skill position times. He looked lean and mean — he was in just tremendous shape. He probably will get drafted late, with teams looking at him as a linebacker and a special teams player.

Richie Williams also had a good day. Some teams are looking at him as a quarterback, others as a wide receiver. He is completely healthy, with no liongering effects from the ankle injury.

Both Hunter and Williams also have standing offers to play in the Canadian Football League. Williams could join former ASU tackle Wayne Smith, if he chooses to.

From chatter I heard some of Williams times sounded slow. I assumed his ankle was still a problem. I hope the times were wrong and his injury healed.

Do you have any info?

Mr. C
March 20th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Richie is completely healed from the ankle injury. I didn't hear the times, but he seemed to be moving pretty quick to me.

Mr. C
March 20th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Where's Davon these days?
The last I heard about DaVon Fowlkes was that he had been cut by the Chicago franchise of the AFL. I still think DaVon would do well somewhere, if he gets a legitimate shot. I still would like to see him in the CFL.

OL FU
March 21st, 2006, 08:59 AM
Richie is completely healed from the ankle injury. I didn't hear the times, but he seemed to be moving pretty quick to me.

Good News. I am pulling for him

MYTAPPY
March 21st, 2006, 09:27 AM
My guess is, whoever picks up Richie will try to convert him to a wide receiver.