PDA

View Full Version : Class of 2007 - I-AA RBs

TexasTerror
March 11th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Looking ahead to the class of 2007, we have four I-AA RBs who are in the top of their class.

Dawson, Clifton - Harvard - rated the 9th best RB in the class of 2007 and projected 3rd-4th rounder. This site has his stock rising.

Hillaird, Lex - Montana - 20th rated RB in the class. Slotted as a 7th round pick.

Brooks, Elijah - William & Mary - 22nd rated RB who could fall anywhere from 7th round to being a FA. Needs to improve his stock to improve draft status.

Whitlock, Arkee - Southern Illinois - 25th and falling. Whitlock is not projected to be a FA pickup or in the draft at this point.

Mr. C
March 21st, 2006, 01:33 PM
Why would Arkee Whitlock's stock be falling? He was head and shoulders the best running back I saw last season.

mikebigg
March 21st, 2006, 08:33 PM
Grambling has a good everydown back in Ab Kuuan...He rushed for 891 yards last year. Was able to pick up key first downs on 3rd and short with consistency. Finishes his runs strong... good work ethic and helluva special teams player in kick coverage.

UNH 40
March 22nd, 2006, 06:24 AM
Looking ahead to the class of 2007, we have four I-AA RBs who are in the top of their class.

Dawson, Clifton - Harvard - rated the 9th best RB in the class of 2007 and projected 3rd-4th rounder. This site has his stock rising.

Hillaird, Lex - Montana - 20th rated RB in the class. Slotted as a 7th round pick.

Brooks, Elijah - William & Mary - 22nd rated RB who could fall anywhere from 7th round to being a FA. Needs to improve his stock to improve draft status.

Whitlock, Arkee - Southern Illinois - 25th and falling. Whitlock is not projected to be a FA pickup or in the draft at this point.

I played against some very good running backs when i played at UNH including Brian Westbrook of Villinova and Jason Leonard of Rutgers, but the most powerful and hardest to bring to the ground was Lex Hilliard buy far. He is a great back and believe that he will be in the thick of the Walter Payton award race. He has the size speed and power to be a pro running back.