PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Named Running Backs Coach

News from the FCS
June 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
ATLANTA--Former Heisman Trophy runner-up Joe Hamilton has been named running backs coach for the Georgia State football program, head coach Bill Curry announced. Hamilton has been on the GSU staff for the last year as a recruiting intern. He replaces Todd Perry, the former NFL standout who elected to return to the high school ranks for family reasons. "I first got to know Joe Hamilton as one of the great quarterbacks in Georgia Tech history," said Curry. "Then I spent time with him a few years later at the ACC Legends event, and I was impressed with his humility and his knowledge of the game. "A year ago, I had the opportunity to add Joe to our recruiting staff, and since the day he got here, he has been a team player. He has gotten results, no matter the task," said Curry. "I think he has a bright future as a coach." A consensus first-team all-American at Georgia Tech in 1999, Hamilton won the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's top quarterback while finishing second

More... (http://www.georgiastatesports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=205157485)