PDA

View Full Version : Baseball NIT Bracket Released

TexasTerror
June 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Congrats to Southeastern Louisiana... get to host LSU! xnodx

Sam Houston State got a regional, but we got hosed as I wanted some more geographic diversity... xbawlingx

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1227163

superman7515
June 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Umm... this sounds fake...

To be eligible for the 64 team NIT, teams needed at least a .500 overall record, an impressive resume, and a lack of representation on the NCAA Selection Committee.

While the selection criteria remained the same, the committee continued their trend of rotating which criteria will carry the most weight.

"We spin the wheel and see where it goes," NIT Selection Committee Chairman Willie Everlearn explained. "We were a bit surprised when it passed by computer rating, quality wins, and conference finish to land on animal mascots."

I take that back. It's definitely fake. Haha. Nice Family Guy references throughout.

Eagle22
June 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Lol at the finals site.

Quahog, Rhode Island.

Must be a Family Guy fan.

TexasTerror
June 6th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Umm... this sounds fake...

I take that back. It's definitely fake. Haha. Nice Family Guy references throughout.

Annually... we get at least one or a few person to fall for it!

sikolec
June 6th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Psh. Cal Poly should have made the NIT. How sad :(

Especially over Long Beach St. and UC Riverside...

Then again...reading where the committee members come from, it is no surprise:

"Other members of the committee included a lacrosse goalie from Maryland, an alligator hunter from Louisiana, and airline pilot from Quahog. While none of the committee members had actually seen a college baseball game, they were able to determine which teams would have their seasons continue in this hallowed classic dubbed "The Road to Quahog". "

GeauxLions94
June 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Congrats to Southeastern Louisiana... get to host LSU! xnodx

Sam Houston State got a regional, but we got hosed as I wanted some more geographic diversity... xbawlingx

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1227163

Don't know what LSU fans would be more mad at ... 1.) getting snubbed from the NCAA Regionals or 2.) having to come to Hammond as a No. 1 seed. It could have been worse, ULL (or even Tulane) could have hosted.

As for the Huntsville Regional, what's the matter? Lamar wasn't available?

GeauxLions94
June 6th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Psh. Cal Poly should have made the NIT. How sad :(

Especially over Long Beach St. and UC Riverside...

Then again...reading where the committee members come from, it is no surprise:

"Other members of the committee included a lacrosse goalie from Maryland, an alligator hunter from Louisiana, and airline pilot from Quahog. While none of the committee members had actually seen a college baseball game, they were able to determine which teams would have their seasons continue in this hallowed classic dubbed "The Road to Quahog". "

Hey, don't hate on the Gator hunter xpeacex The other two come from the East coast xlolx