09/22/12 at Texas State San Marcos, Texas. TBA
09/29/12 vs. Central Arkansas Nacogdoches, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT
10/06/12 vs. Sam Houston State Reliant Stadium -- Houston, Texas TBA
10/20/12 vs. Nicholls Nacogdoches, Texas 2:00 p.m. CT
10/27/12 at McNeese State Lake Charles, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
11/03/12 vs. Lamar Nacogdoches, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT
11/10/12 at Southeastern Louisiana Hammond, La. TBA
11/17/12 vs. Northwestern State Nacogdoches, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT

Is the MSU and Tenn. Tech game dates correct ? CSN has the MSU/SFA game scheduled for Oct. 20th. Any way to confirm these dates yet ?

TheRevSFA
December 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
This was just released by SFA Athletics..

CrazyCat
December 20th, 2011, 03:15 PM
This was just released by SFA Athletics..

I just saw that, also. Thanks

That gives us a bye on Oct. 20th instead of Sept. 15th. Much better xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
December 20th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I just saw that, also. Thanks

That gives us a bye on Oct. 20th instead of Sept. 15th. Much better xthumbsupx

Nice..I'm looking forward to the trip to Bozeman.

narc
December 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but here is ODU's 2012 schedule via the pilot:

ODU FOOTBALL'S 2012 SCHEDULE
Sept. 1 vs. Duquesne
Sept. 8 at Hampton
Sept. 15 vs. Campbell
Sept. 22 vs. New Hampshire
Sept. 29 at Richmond
Oct. 6 Off
Oct. 13 vs. Villanova
Oct. 20 at Towson
Oct. 27 vs. Delaware
Nov. 3 at Georgia State
Nov. 10 vs. William and Mary
Nov. 17 at James Madison

Walkon79
December 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
I think this is pretty official:

Sept 1 vs. Chadron State
Sept 8 at Drake
Sept 15 vs. Stephen F. Austin
Sept 22 vs. Northern Colorado
Sept 29 at Southern Utah
Oct 6 at Cal Davis
Oct 13 vs. Eastern Washington
Oct 20 OPEN
Oct 27 vs. North Dakota
Nov 3 at Sacramento State
Nov 10 vs. Portland State
Nov 17 at Montana

Tough stretch in the middle at Southern Utah and at UC Davis. I can't remember ever travelling to either of these sites. 6 home games, only one non-counter and no money games. This might be our best schedule yet as far as setting up for the playoffs.

Bison_Kent
December 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM
Western Illinois has announced their schedule as well:

Thu, Aug 30 BUTLER Macomb, Ill. 6:00 p.m.

Sat, Sep 08 HAMPTON Macomb, Ill. 1:00 p.m.

Sat, Sep 15 Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 22 ILLINOIS STATE * Macomb, Ill. 3:00 p.m.

Sat, Oct 06 South Dakota * Vermillion, S.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 13 South Dakota State * Brookings, S.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 20 INDIANA STATE * Macomb, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 27 Missouri State * Springfield, Mo. TBA

Sat, Nov 03 NORTHERN IOWA * Macomb, Ill. TBA

Sat, Nov 10 YOUNGSTOWN STATE * Macomb, Ill. TBA

Sat, Nov 17 Southern Illinois * Carbondale, Ill. TBA

http://www.goleathernecks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=50030&SPID=4963&DB_OEM_ID=12000&Q_SEASON=2012

nwFL Griz
December 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Uh-oh! Our first scheduling conflict of the season. Both WIU and ODU are claiming games against Hampton on Sep 8.

Who is right?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Just updated SFA's and Western Illinois' 2012 schedules:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/mvfc-sched
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/southland-sched

What I really like about getting these early schedules is how it fills out some of the tougher schedules to fill out like the Pioneer and MEAC:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/pioneer-sched
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/meac-sched

I now have at least one game for every PFL team so far this year!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Uh-oh! Our first scheduling conflict of the season. Both WIU and ODU are claiming games against Hampton on Sep 8.

Who is right?

I've got to believe that ODU@Hampton is correct. What are the odds that WIU outbid THAT home game?

whitey
December 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
I've got to believe that ODU@Hampton is correct. What are the odds that WIU outbid THAT home game?

Yeah, or maybe ODU backed out and signed on for a FBS payday instead?

ST_Lawson
December 21st, 2011, 03:27 PM
If you are looking for more television coverage then the ADs at the schools who want exposure should approach ESPN or COMCAST/NBC about doing a national FCS game of the week. Appalachian, Montana, Delaware, ND State, Youngstown State... get the name brands that have won championships of late and do something on the football field akin to what basketball does with Bracketbusters. Too may schedules are built to give paydays and rack up easy wins and fail to address the regionalization of FCS. Most of the schools are in the East and South. Few in the West and Midwest. MVFC v SoCon v Southland v CAA v Big Sky all should take one game a year for this purpose and do a made for TV weekend with the best matchups getting on television. You could get at least 5 games on the air if you juggled the time zones... 11am / 2:30 / 6 / 9:30 / 12a

I doubt they will (unless they reschedule it for Thursday or Friday night), but the Montana @ App State game to kick off the season is ripe for something like this. It damn well better be on ESPN3 at least, so I can watch that on Saturday (our home opener is Thursday night).

bjtheflamesfan
December 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Liberty opens @ Wake Forest 9/1 and then hosts Norfolk State 9/8 LFN

Lehigh Football Nation
December 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Liberty opens @ Wake Forest 9/1 and then hosts Norfolk State 9/8 LFN

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/big-south-sched

Liberty opens at Wake, and then plays THREE playoff teams in consecutive weeks?!? Welcome to FCS, Turner Gill! xlolx

narc
December 21st, 2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah, or maybe ODU backed out and signed on for a FBS payday instead?

According to Rich Radford at the VP and Coach Wilder, they're not looking for any FBS paydays any time soon. Methinks it's a typo on WIU's schedule perhaps as ODU and HU have a home and home series that ends next year or maybe the year after next that will be replaced with a home and home series with NSU. Apparently ODU bought out Campbell's home game in their series so there's an extra home game next year. Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong.

darell1976
December 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM

Sept 1 vs. Chadron State
Sept 8 at Drake
Sept 29 at Southern Utah
Oct 6 at Cal Davis
Oct 20 OPEN
Oct 27 vs. North Dakota
Nov 17 at Montana

Tough stretch in the middle at Southern Utah and at UC Davis. I can't remember ever travelling to either of these sites. 6 home games, only one non-counter and no money games. This might be our best schedule yet as far as setting up for the playoffs.

How about Montana State plays at UND ( I know it would be twice in one season ala NFL), but both teams then would have 11 DI games and a better shot at the playoffs. (It would suck to have 1 win short just like the 2010 Griz).

bjtheflamesfan
December 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/big-south-sched

Liberty opens at Wake, and then plays THREE playoff teams in consecutive weeks?!? Welcome to FCS, Turner Gill! xlolx

2-2 is what Im seeing with that stretch (that depends on how Lehigh looks with all the new pieces), 1-3 isnt out of the realm of possibility though. Itll be interesting what game fits into the 9/29 slot or if the Flames get an early conference game and then can fit that last non-conference into the Homecoming weekend

Dude101010
December 21st, 2011, 07:40 PM
YSU

2012 Schedule
Sept. 1 at Pittsburgh
Sept. 8 vs. Valparaiso
Sept. 15 vs. Albany (Playoff Team)
Sept. 22 vs. UNI* (Playoff Team)
Sept. 29 (IDLE)
Oct. 6 at North Dakota State* (Playoff Team)
Oct. 13 at Illinois State*
Oct. 20 vs. Southern Illinois*
Oct. 27 at South Dakota State*
Nov. 3 vs. South Dakota*
Nov. 10 at Western Illinois*
Nov. 17 vs. Indiana State*
Nov. 24 FCS Playoffs

BlueHenSinfonian
December 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Delaware's 2012 Schedule went live:

Thursday, Aug. 30 - vs. West Chester, 7:30 p.m. (Season Opener)
Saturday, Sept. 8 - vs. Delaware State, 3:30 p.m. (Route 1 Rivalry)
Saturday, Sept. 15 - vs. Bucknell, 3:30 p.m. (Band Day)
Saturday, Sept. 22 - at *William & Mary, tba
Saturday, Sept. 29 - at *New Hampshire, tba
Saturday, Oct. 6 - vs. *Maine, 3:30 p.m. (Parents & Family Weekend)
Saturday, Oct. 20 - vs. *Rhode Island, 3:30 p.m. (Homecoming)
Saturday, Oct. 27 - at *Old Dominion, tba
Saturday, Nov. 3 - vs. *Towson (Hall of Fame Day), 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10 - at *Richmond, tba
Saturday, Nov. 17 - vs. *Villanova (Battle of the Blue),

HailSzczur
December 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Delaware's 2012 Schedule went live:

Thursday, Aug. 30 - vs. West Chester, 7:30 p.m. (Season Opener)
Saturday, Sept. 8 - vs. Delaware State, 3:30 p.m. (Route 1 Rivalry)
Saturday, Sept. 15 - vs. Bucknell, 3:30 p.m. (Band Day)
Saturday, Sept. 22 - at *William & Mary, tba
Saturday, Sept. 29 - at *New Hampshire, tba
Saturday, Oct. 6 - vs. *Maine, 3:30 p.m. (Parents & Family Weekend)
Saturday, Oct. 20 - vs. *Rhode Island, 3:30 p.m. (Homecoming)
Saturday, Oct. 27 - at *Old Dominion, tba
Saturday, Nov. 3 - vs. *Towson (Hall of Fame Day), 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10 - at *Richmond, tba
Saturday, Nov. 17 - vs. *Villanova (Battle of the Blue),

Do you know a time for the Blue game? My guess from the rest of schedule is 3:30. I can feel the cold already, I really wish they would play it at 1

BlueHenSinfonian
December 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Do you know a time for the Blue game? My guess from the rest of schedule is 3:30. I can feel the cold already, I really wish they would play it at 1

None listed yet. The theory is that the 3:30 starts are just a placeholder until the TV schedule gets worked out. Personally I'm hoping for a 7pm kickoff so I can actually watch it live, but who knows.

catamount man
December 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Western's game with EKU got dropped, although I still don't know why. CATS schedule isn't finished but here is what I do know:

Aug 30/Sep 1 MARS HILL (d2) *our only win in 2011*
Sep 8 at Marshall *1st meeting since 1996, the Herd's last season in FCS*
Oct 6 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Oct 27 APPALACHIAN STATE
Nov 17 at Alabama

Lehigh Football Nation
December 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM
With Delaware's schedule, I figured out some stuff:

Nova plays three more games - against Maine, Georgia State, and James Madison.

Since we know Georgia State's schedule is a bye week last of the season, Georgia State plays Villanova 10/20 (at Nova?)

9/29, 11/3 or 11/10 James Madison either plays Maine or Villanova.

I need two OOC games for James Madison. All I have is the West Virginia game in DC. Do they play Liberty? If they do, it's sometime in November.

Maine has Albany, Bryant, and BC as their OOC schedule, all that's waiting is the order of those games.

GA St. MBB Fan
December 27th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Since we know Georgia State's schedule is a bye week last of the season, Georgia State plays Villanova 10/20 (at Nova?)

What makes you think it is @Nova? And not Nova coming to Atlanta?

Edit: Nova coming to Atlanta gives Georgia State 4 CAA home games.

whitey
December 28th, 2011, 06:54 AM

I need two OOC games for James Madison. All I have is the West Virginia game in DC. Do they play Liberty? If they do, it's sometime in November.

Maine has Albany, Bryant, and BC as their OOC schedule, all that's waiting is the order of those games.

JMU does not play Liberty this coming year. JMU and Liberty signed a two and two prior to the 2009 season but the 2012 game (@ JMU) was moved to 2013 to accommodate the West Virginia game I believe. We don't know who our other two OOC games are for this season. Which is kind of funny since we already know our 2013 OOC schedule: Liberty, CCSU and at Akron.

nwFL Griz
December 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM

GA St. MBB Fan is right, the Nova game is at GSU.

The only way the remaining games can fit, assuming no conference games before 9/29, is:

9/29 Nova@Maine
11/3 JMU@Maine
11/10 JMU@Nova

Lehigh Football Nation
December 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I'm going to add Nova@Georgia State on 10/20. I think the rest of the CAA schedule seems logical and is probably the one, but nevertheless I'm going to wait for official word on those games since there is a possibility that JMU/Maine is before 9/29.

Is JMU playing two money games? Another JMU OOC possibility might be Robert Morris.

whitey
December 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Is JMU playing two money games? Another JMU OOC possibility might be Robert Morris.

Doubtful. Most JMU fans are hoping for two OOC home games which would give us 6 home games + Fedex. I'd look for possible Big South, NEC and Pioneer opponents for JMU to bring to Bridgeforth the first two weeks.

nwFL Griz
December 28th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'm going to add Nova@Georgia State on 10/20. I think the rest of the CAA schedule seems logical and is probably the one, but nevertheless I'm going to wait for official word on those games since there is a possibility that JMU/Maine is before 9/29.

It would have to be either 9/1 or 9/8...I find that extremely unlikely.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
A lot of Big South teams possible on 9/1 or 9/8. VMI has Delaware State on 9/1, and Gardner-Webb has Richnmond on 9/8, but everyone save Liberty seems wide open.

apaladin
December 28th, 2011, 08:34 PM
A lot of Big South teams possible on 9/1 or 9/8. VMI has Delaware State on 9/1, and Gardner-Webb has Richnmond on 9/8, but everyone save Liberty seems wide open.

CCU is at Furman more than likely 9-1, maybe 9-8.

GA St. MBB Fan
December 28th, 2011, 10:42 PM

It would have to be either 9/1 or 9/8...I find that extremely unlikely.

I think he was referring to the possibility of JMU vs. GA State or Maine vs. GA State being before 9/29 as being highly unlikely.

Not whether JMU will schedule a Big South team.

whitey
December 29th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I believe LFN was responding to my post where I said look for JMU to schedule a couple home games versus NEC, Pioneer or Big South opponents for 9/1 and 9/8.

kdinva
December 29th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Weber State; 2012:

http://www.weberstatesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=39322&SPID=3468&DB_OEM_ID=8600&Q_SEASON=2012

Those two 1-A games to start should put at least $800K in the checkbook.

ngineer
December 29th, 2011, 11:00 AM
What's to do in Lynchburg? Lehigh visiting Liberty on 9/22. Looks like a possible 3-day deal, so assuming arrival Friday afternoon/early evening what are the suggestions for a good repaste?

centraljerseycat
December 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
As far as I know 'Nova is at Maine on 9/29 and Georgia State on 10/20.
JMU comes to 'Nova on 11/3 or 11/10.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 29th, 2011, 02:48 PM
As far as I know 'Nova is at Maine on 9/29 and Georgia State on 10/20.
JMU comes to 'Nova on 11/3 or 11/10.

Another party with Nova@Maine on 9/29.

My problem with sealing Nova@Maine on 9/29 is the possibility is that it's on 11/3 - which is only possible if JMU is playing Maine on 9/1 or 9/8. nwFLGriz has accutately put that as "unlikely" but I'm waiting for it to be "impossible". Again, I think that's probably how it will shake out, but since it's theoretically possible until Maine or JMU announces their schedules, I'm leaving it open for now.

If Nova, JMU or Maine announces, then that will seal the deal on the CAA conference schedule. The only real mystery left is which are JMU's two OOC games, and they're probably against (only my guess) a Big South team (call it Presbyterian or Stony Brook) and a NEC team (call it Robert Morris or St. Francis (PA)).

IaaScribe
December 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM
What's to do in Lynchburg? Lehigh visiting Liberty on 9/22. Looks like a possible 3-day deal, so assuming arrival Friday afternoon/early evening what are the suggestions for a good repaste?

Depends on what you're looking to do. Lots of good outdoorsy stuff in the area, hiking, biking, etc., if you're into that sort of thing. There are some good watering holes, but you'll need to head over to the Rivermont Ave./downtown area to find them. Almost everything around LU is corporate big box hell.

roTSU50
December 30th, 2011, 12:56 AM
MEAC, SWAC, and TSU out of conference.

2012 SWAC OOC games:

Alabama A&M: Tuskegee (TBA), @Auburn (11/17)

Alabama State: Tuskegee (TBA)

Alcorn State: @Arkansas State (9/22)

Arkansas Pine Bluff:

Grambling: Texas Christian (9/8)

Jackson State: @Mississippi State (9/1), vs. Tennessee State (9/8)

Mississippi Valley State:

Prairie View: Texas A&M (TBA), Stephen F. Austin (TBA)

Southern: @New Mexico (TBA), vs. Florida A&M (9/29)

Texas Southern: @North Texas (9/8), Sam Houston State (9/29)

2012 MEAC OOC games:

Bethune-Cookman: @Miami (FL) (10/13)

Delaware State: Virginia Military Institute (9/1), @Delaware (9/8)

Florida A&M: @Tennessee State (9/1), vs. Southern (9/29)

Hampton: Western Illinois (9/8), Old Dominion (9/8),

Howard: vs. Morehouse (9/1), @Georgia Southern (11/10)

Morgan State: @Buffalo (9/8), @Akron (9/15)

Norfolk State: @Ohio (9/22)

North Carolina A&T State: @Coastal Carolina (TBA)

North Carolina Central: @Duke (TBA)

Savannah State: @Northern Iowa (9/8),

South Carolina State: @Georgia State (9/1), @Arizona (9/15)

Read more: http://meacfanszone.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=sz&thread=12543&page=1#ixzz1hzyKM68h

roTSU50
December 30th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Hearing that it will be Hampton vs WIU on 9/8

Lehigh Football Nation
December 30th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Appreciate all the information on the MEAC and SWAC (and TSU!). I filled in the classic names (Turkey Day, BOA Atlanta Classic, John Merritt Classic) where appropriate.

I left Hampton@WIU and Hampton@ODU for now, even though it's a conflict, since there's nothing to resolve it definitively yet.

One other thing: PVA&M definitely does not play TAMU this year. I think that was pushed out, since McNeese State is playing TAMU on 9/1 and AAMU has been moved to Auburn on 11/17. (McNeese was playing Auburn on 11/3, but that changed.)

There's no announcement of Texas Southern playing North Texas on 9/8 but I've added it to the schedule anyway since it seems sound and the Mean Green do have an "open date" there in between money games, so it seems like a good bet.

nwFL Griz
December 30th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Appreciate all the information on the MEAC and SWAC (and TSU!). I filled in the classic names (Turkey Day, BOA Atlanta Classic, John Merritt Classic) where appropriate.

I left Hampton@WIU and Hampton@ODU for now, even though it's a conflict, since there's nothing to resolve it definitively yet.

One other thing: PVA&M definitely does not play TAMU this year. I think that was pushed out, since McNeese State is playing TAMU on 9/1 and AAMU has been moved to Auburn on 11/17. (McNeese was playing Auburn on 11/3, but that changed.)

There's no announcement of Texas Southern playing North Texas on 9/8 but I've added it to the schedule anyway since it seems sound and the Mean Green do have an "open date" there in between money games, so it seems like a good bet.

Actually, there was an announcement. It was either on here or CS.com, someone who works in the SID office at TSU posted the release they are putting out for their 2012 schedule. I'll see if I can find it.

Also, PVAMU does not play SFA this year either. SFA has released their schedule:

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/sasu-m-footbl-sched.html

Bison_Kent
January 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Here is Drake's schedule:

Sat, Sep 01 GRAND VIEW DRAKE STADIUM TBA
Sat, Sep 08 MONTANA STATE DRAKE STADIUM
Sat, Sep 15 Indiana State Terre Haute, Ind.
Sat, Sep 22 MOREHEAD STATE * DRAKE STADIUM
Sat, Sep 29 Campbell * Buies Creek, N.C.
Sat, Oct 06 SAN DIEGO * DRAKE STADIUM
Sat, Oct 13 Valparaiso * Valparaiso, Ind.
Sat, Oct 20 MARIST * DRAKE STADIUM
Sat, Nov 03 Dayton * Dayton, Ohio
Sat, Nov 10 BUTLER * DRAKE STADIUM
Sat, Nov 17 Jacksonville * Jacksonville, Fla.

http://www.godrakebulldogs.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=71158&SPID=8123&DB_OEM_ID=15700&Q_SEASON=2012

TexasTerror
January 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Prairie View: Texas A&M (TBA), Stephen F. Austin (TBA)

PVAMU was never scheduled to play Texas A&M this year. The McNeese-Texas A&M game has had a signed contract for a good while... and not sure where the SFA game information comes from...

nwFL Griz
January 3rd, 2012, 01:31 PM

Found it!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?98044-Texas-Southern-Completes-2012-Football-Schedule

Lehigh Football Nation
January 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Found it!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?98044-Texas-Southern-Completes-2012-Football-Schedule

A real nice find! I added all these home games for Texas Southern, and as a result have at least one game on the schedule for every SWAC school. I have games for every MEAC school as well save NCAT and Noth Carolina Central, who play FBS teams but don't have announced dates yet.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM
The Pac-12 just announced their entire schedule, including some new ones that affect FCS schools (Northern Colorado at Utah, on August 30th, for example). I'll add these presently.

NoCo @ Utah 8/30
Sacramento State @ Colorado 9/8
Southern Utah @ Cal 9/8
Portland State @ Washington 9/15 (was 9/1)

bjtheflamesfan
January 4th, 2012, 02:39 PM

If you like to dance (or try something new) there is salsa dancing downtown on Friday night at the Dance Theater of Lynchburg, you have the Snowflex Center if you have any younguns (or younguns at heart), you can take a trip up to Appomattox before or after the game (depending on the start time), take a tour of Point of Honor, maybe catch a movie at the 14 screen theater at the mall...head over to http://www.flamefans.com and the more knowledgeable guys over there would be more than happy to add to what I have noted here

superman7515
January 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
South Carolina State vs Georgia State 8/30
South Carolina State @ Arizona State 9/15

Lehigh Football Nation
January 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM

I have this game at GSU, but I'm going to change it to reflect this date and location.

Seawolf97
January 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Still searching for our last 2 games one of which will probably be an FBS team.

Libertine
January 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Close. SC State actually visits U of Arizona on 9/15.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010412aaa.html

McNeeserocket
January 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
McNeese 2012 Schedule

September 1, 2012 - at Texas A&M @ TBA
September 8, 2012 – McMurry @ 7pm
September 15, 2012 – at Weber State @ TBA
September 22, 2012 - at SE Louisiana @ TBA
September 29, 2012 - Northwestern State @ 7pm
October 6, 2012 - Open
October 13, 2012 - Central Arkansas @ 7pm
October 20, 2012 – at Sam Houston State @ TBA
October 27, 2012 - SFA @ 7pm
November 3, 2012 – at Nicholls State @ TBA
November 12, 2012 – at UTSA @ TBA
November 19, 2012 - Lamar @ 7pm

mainejeff
January 6th, 2012, 11:42 PM
McNeese 2012 Schedule

September 8, 2012 – McMurry @ 7pm

Fred McMurry?

GA St. MBB Fan
January 6th, 2012, 11:47 PM

I have this game at GSU, but I'm going to change it to reflect this date and location.

Source? GSU played at SC State in 2011. To my knowledge, it was part of a home-home deal.

kdinva
January 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Bucknell......

http://www.bucknellbison.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/buck-m-footbl-sched.html

Lehigh Football Nation
January 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Interesting, Bucknell hosts Bryant to complete their schedule. That means only Fordham remains to complete the 2012 Patriot League schedule, and they have two openings left (with URI leaving the schedule as well).

For the record, I also put in McNeese this past weekend.

whitey
January 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Rumors circulating that JMU will host St. Francis (PA) on either the 9/1 or 9/8 dates.

socon11
January 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
The Citadel 2012 schedule

OOC games are @NC State, @VMI and Charleston Southern at home to open the season. Haven't seen dates yet.

Home Conf games--Ga Southern, WCU, UTC, Elon

Away Conf games---App St, Furman, Wofford, Samford

goyotes
January 10th, 2012, 10:45 AM
South Dakota Coyotes 2012 Schedule

Sep 1 @Montana
Sep 8 Colgate
Sep 22 @Northwestern (Big 10)
Sep29 Illinois State
Oct 6 Western Illinois
Oct 13 @Missouri State
Oct 20 NDSU
Oct 27 @Indiana State
Nov 3 @Youngstown
Nov 10 UNI
Nov 17 @SDSU

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 10:52 AM
South Dakota Coyotes 2012 Schedule

Sep 1 @Montana
Sep 8 Colgate
Sep 22 @Northwestern (Big 10)
Sep29 Illinois State
Oct 6 Western Illinois
Oct 13 @Missouri State
Oct 20 NDSU
Oct 27 @Indiana State
Nov 3 @Youngstown
Nov 10 UNI
Nov 17 @SDSU

Good luck in the MVFC!! xthumbsupx We are going to miss you.:(

clenz
January 10th, 2012, 10:59 AM
UNI though 2018

2012:
Sept. 1 at Wisconsin
Sept. 8 vs Savannah State
Sept. 15 at Iowa
Sept. 22 at Youngstown State
Sept. 29 vs North Dakota State

Oct. 13 at Southern Illinois
Oct. 20 vs South Dakota State
Oct. 27 vs Illinois State

Nov. 3 at Western Illinois
Nov. 10 at South Dakota
Nov. 17 vs Missouri State

2013:
Aug 31 at Iowa State
Sept. 21 at Northern Colorado
Oct. 5 at North Dakota State

2014:
Sept. 6 Northern Colorado
Aug 30 at Iowa

2015:
Sept 5 at Iowa State

2016:
Sept 3 at Iowa State

2017:
Sept 2 at Iowa State

2018:
at Iowa

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
For The Citadel, I have some dates on our SoCon schedule (based on other schools' releases):

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/socon-sched

I think the game vs. NC State might be the last weekend of the year since the Wolfpack's schedule is set for 9/1 - 9/15.

I have every game for UNI but one:

The three game possibilities are:

10/6 UNI vs. Indiana State or UNI vs. SDSU
10/20 UNI vs. SDSU

The addition of South Dakota's schedule doesn't solve the riddle - though it does create a conflict in Montana on 9/1... who is supposed to travel to App State on that day. xconfusedx

HailSzczur
January 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
The CAA schedule has Nova and Delaware playing in Chester, this is Delaware's year to host we had it last year. I'm fairly certain that the PPL Park thing is not going to be an annual event.

NTN GRIZ
January 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM
The addition of South Dakota's schedule doesn't solve the riddle - though it does create a conflict in Montana on 9/1... who is supposed to travel to App State on that day. xconfusedx

The Griz vs APP State game was moved to 9/8.

Montana at Appalachian State moved to Sept. 8
Boone, NC (Sports Network) - Appalachian State will host Montana on Sept. 8 next season rather than the originally scheduled Sept. 1, to help accommodate the Southeastern Conference's move from 12 to 14 teams.

The Mountaineers will now travel to Eastern Carolina on Sept. 1 before hosting Montana in the home opener on Sept. 8.

The move is a result of the SEC's need to move East Carolina's game against South Carolina to Sept. 8, which was the originally scheduled date for the Mountaineers' match-up in Greenville, N.C.

12/28 10:52:56 ET

nwFL Griz
January 10th, 2012, 03:07 PM
For The Citadel, I have some dates on our SoCon schedule (based on other schools' releases):

I think the game vs. NC State might be the last weekend of the year since the Wolfpack's schedule is set for 9/1 - 9/15.

I have every game for UNI but one:

The three game possibilities are:

10/6 UNI vs. Indiana State or UNI vs. SDSU
10/20 UNI vs. SDSU

UNI has had their schedule posted for about 3 weeks or so:

http://www.unipanthers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=626868&SPID=90703&DB_OEM_ID=26200&Q_SEASON=2012

GoBlue06
January 10th, 2012, 03:12 PM
The CAA schedule has Nova and Delaware playing in Chester, this is Delaware's year to host we had it last year. I'm fairly certain that the PPL Park thing is not going to be an annual event.

Yea im gonna say if Delaware is home, and they are...its going to be at Delaware Stadium....

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM
The Griz vs APP State game was moved to 9/8.

Montana at Appalachian State moved to Sept. 8
Boone, NC (Sports Network) - Appalachian State will host Montana on Sept. 8 next season rather than the originally scheduled Sept. 1, to help accommodate the Southeastern Conference's move from 12 to 14 teams.

The Mountaineers will now travel to Eastern Carolina on Sept. 1 before hosting Montana in the home opener on Sept. 8.

The move is a result of the SEC's need to move East Carolina's game against South Carolina to Sept. 8, which was the originally scheduled date for the Mountaineers' match-up in Greenville, N.C.

12/28 10:52:56 ET

Thanks - I missed this. I just fixed it.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2012, 03:49 PM
So the PPL event was a one-off thing? Is PPL only going to be the home team when Villanova is "home"? I'm confused...

I've switched it to a Delaware home game for the time being.

blackbeard
January 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
So the PPL event was a one-off thing? Is PPL only going to be the home team when Villanova is "home"? I'm confused...

LFN can you give us a link to your schedule site?

GannonFan
January 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM

There's absolutely no chance that a UD home game is going to be played at PPL. Heck, Delaware Stadium holds almost 4k more than PPL, so why would UD pay money to rent a stadium that is smaller and is 25 minutes from campus? If nova wants to play the UD game there when they are the home team, more power to them. It was nice to not have to suffer the poor facilities at the Radnor stadium - having working toilets and actual concessions to buy food from was a huge boon, even if I had to drive further to get to PPL than Radnor. Considering the Union's schedule, I'm not sure nova will be able to play any games at PPL other than mid to late November games. It'll be interesting to see how that develops.

HailSzczur
January 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM
There's absolutely no chance that a UD home game is going to be played at PPL. Heck, Delaware Stadium holds almost 4k more than PPL, so why would UD pay money to rent a stadium that is smaller and is 25 minutes from campus? If nova wants to play the UD game there when they are the home team, more power to them. It was nice to not have to suffer the poor facilities at the Radnor stadium - having working toilets and actual concessions to buy food from was a huge boon, even if I had to drive further to get to PPL than Radnor. Considering the Union's schedule, I'm not sure nova will be able to play any games at PPL other than mid to late November games. It'll be interesting to see how that develops.

So it sounds like playing in Chester wasn't quite as bad as you guys were making it out to be before the game.

But there is no way Delaware is giving up this game.

MTfan4life
January 10th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Montana 2012 Schedule

9/1 South Dakota
9/8 @ Appalachian State
9/15 Liberty
9/22 Northern Arizona * Homecoming
9/29 @Eastern Washington *
10/6 @ Northern Colorado *
10/13 Southern Utah *
10/20 @ North Dakota *
10/27 Idaho State *
11/3 @ Weber State *
11/17 Montana State *

A little more complex of a non-conference schedule than I'm used to seeing. I guess it's better than playing both a Pioneer school and a DII. :D

Link (http://www.egriz.com/2012/football/schedule2012.php)

GannonFan
January 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM
So it sounds like playing in Chester wasn't quite as bad as you guys were making it out to be before the game.

But there is no way Delaware is giving up this game.

Can't speak for others - I was all in favor of it - PPL is a great soccer stadium and the Union have done a great job with it. Seeing a football game there once every other year, especially in lieu of playing in Radnor, is always preferable. And yes, there's no way UD plays in a smaller stadium, off of campus, and pays more to do so.

GA St. MBB Fan
January 10th, 2012, 09:15 PM
South Carolina State @ Arizona State 9/15I have this game at GSU, but I'm going to change it to reflect this date and location.
Source? GSU played at SC State in 2011. To my knowledge, it was part of a home-home deal.

There has been some activity in this thread. Just wondering if you guys had a source for the idea that GSU will be @ SC State? As I said earlier we played at SC State last season. Also folks including folks "in the know" on PantherTalk are pretty certain SC State is coming to Atlanta.

Twentysix
January 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Montana 2012 Schedule

9/1 South Dakota
9/8 @ Appalachian State
9/15 Liberty
9/22 Northern Arizona * Homecoming
9/29 @Eastern Washington *
10/6 @ Northern Colorado *
10/13 Southern Utah *
10/20 @ North Dakota *
10/27 Idaho State *
11/3 @ Weber State *
11/17 Montana State *

A little more complex of a non-conference schedule than I'm used to seeing. I guess it's better than playing both a Pioneer school and a DII. :D

Link (http://www.egriz.com/2012/football/schedule2012.php)

Was your FBS game a one time thing?

nwFL Griz
January 11th, 2012, 07:05 AM
There has been some activity in this thread. Just wondering if you guys had a source for the idea that GSU will be @ SC State? As I said earlier we played at SC State last season. Also folks including folks "in the know" on PantherTalk are pretty certain SC State is coming to Atlanta.

I don't, the source I had indicated this was the second game of a home-and-home. Seeing as how you went to them last year, this would be your year to host. I don't have the link anymore for where I got this from, or I would post it.

Pretty sure LFN just took what was posted on MEAC fans as gospel. Even though they were clearly wrong on at least 3 other games.

nwFL Griz
January 11th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Was your FBS game a one time thing?

No, we've played FBS teams in the past....Iowa in 2006, Oregon in 2005, etc. However, most FBS teams will not pay enough to make it worth losing the revenue from a home game. Maybe O'Day and Pflugrad will schedule some more in the future, but, IMO, it is not necessary to have one every year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
No, we've played FBS teams in the past....Iowa in 2006, Oregon in 2005, etc. However, most FBS teams will not pay enough to make it worth losing the revenue from a home game. Maybe O'Day and Pflugrad will schedule some more in the future, but, IMO, it is not necessary to have one every year.

The Grizz are one of the few FCS schools that probably doesn't need to schedule a FBS game. 22-24K fans at home games will do that for you. I think the Grizz have more season ticket holders than most FCS schools ave for fans.....

Lehigh Football Nation
January 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I don't, the source I had indicated this was the second game of a home-and-home. Seeing as how you went to them last year, this would be your year to host. I don't have the link anymore for where I got this from, or I would post it.

Pretty sure LFN just took what was posted on MEAC fans as gospel. Even though they were clearly wrong on at least 3 other games.

My source was emphatically not a "MEAC fans" source. I try to independently verify all the games, but I'm not able to verify them all.

Also, Georgia State has had weird issues with scheduling involving the Georgia Dome, so I wasn't sure if that was the situation or not.

Pretty easy for me to switch it back. Given that so many seem to feel like that's the case, that's what I'll do.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
LFN can you give us a link to your schedule site?

Happily...

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012

I have two games for Sacred Heart thus far...

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/nec-sched

nwFL Griz
January 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
My source was emphatically not a "MEAC fans" source. I try to independently verify all the games, but I'm not able to verify them all.

Also, Georgia State has had weird issues with scheduling involving the Georgia Dome, so I wasn't sure if that was the situation or not.

Pretty easy for me to switch it back. Given that so many seem to feel like that's the case, that's what I'll do.

My apologies. Since it happened after that link was put up, I made an assumption. My bad.

blackbeard
January 11th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Happily...

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012

I have two games for Sacred Heart thus far...

Two so far, plus eight conference games. Hopefully we have an opponent for 9/1 that hasn't been announced yet. Traveling to Dartmouth and Colgate so we need a home game if possible.

danefan
January 11th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Two so far, plus eight conference games. Hopefully we have an opponent for 9/1 that hasn't been announced yet. Traveling to Dartmouth and Colgate so we need a home game if possible.

I'm very interested to see how NEC teams fill schedule holes this year with the new "No Sub DI" rule in place. Should definitely strengthen OOC schedules, but also will likely reduce home games.

blackbeard
January 11th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I'm very interested to see how NEC teams fill schedule holes this year with the new "No Sub DI" rule in place. Should definitely strengthen OOC schedules, but also will likely reduce home games.

Agreed. Remember seing that Fordham was looking for an opponent on 9/1 so maybe SHU could do a home and home with them - it would give SHU 2 Patriot League games and one Ive for its OOC.

Looks like a good OOC schedule for Albany with Colgate and YSU. I thought I saw some reference to Albany playing Maine this year? Any info on that?

danefan
January 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Agreed. Remember seing that Fordham was looking for an opponent on 9/1 so maybe SHU could do a home and home with them - it would give SHU 2 Patriot League games and one Ive for its OOC.

Looks like a good OOC schedule for Albany with Colgate and YSU. I thought I saw some reference to Albany playing Maine this year? Any info on that?

Yeah we're on the road at Maine the second week of the season. Tough OOC for us and we're in the bad NEC year as well with two road trips to Western PA this year.

mainejeff
January 12th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know what is up with Maine's schedule? We know who the opponents are (@Bryant, Albany, @BC).......what is the hold up??? Are we waiting on JMU or Nova?......maybe BC???

THE HERD
January 12th, 2012, 02:39 PM

Sept 1 vs. Chadron State
Sept 8 at Drake
Sept 29 at Southern Utah
Oct 6 at Cal Davis
Oct 20 OPEN
Oct 27 vs. North Dakota
Nov 17 at Montana

Why are the Cats travelling to Drake? You lose a bet or something? hah

danefan
January 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know what is up with Maine's schedule? We know who the opponents are (@Bryant, Albany, @BC).......what is the hold up??? Are we waiting on JMU or Nova?......maybe BC???

Is the ACC schedule out yet? I thought they were waiting to see the deal with Syracuse, etc...

danefan
January 12th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Why are the Cats travelling to Drake? You lose a bet or something? hah

Rob Ash was the Drake coach. I'm sure its a favor to his former team.

whitey
January 12th, 2012, 02:51 PM

Don't think it's us. Rumor is JMU is just waiting on our last OOC game's contract to be signed. JMU's schedule could be released soon, very soon.

apaladin
January 12th, 2012, 09:03 PM
2 more games for Furman.

9-1 at Samford
9-8 Coastal Carolina

Twentysix
January 12th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Don't think it's us. Rumor is JMU is just waiting on our last OOC game's contract to be signed. JMU's schedule could be released soon, very soon.

Is it with NDSU? Cause you are welcome back and we have an open slot.

whitey
January 13th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Is it with NDSU? Cause you are welcome back and we have an open slot.

Ha. I wouldn't mind a rematch but have you seen our stadium? Pretty sure JMU will have 6 home games a year most years moving forward with our one OOC away game being FBS. Though with our FBS game this year being at FedEx Field in DC I guess an argument could be made that that's also a home game.

nwFL Griz
January 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Is the ACC schedule out yet? I thought they were waiting to see the deal with Syracuse, etc...

It is not out yet. Typically last week in Jan, first week in Feb is the release date for the ACC. I believe the ACC had resigned that Cuse and Pitt are not coming until 2014, however, I think they will request whatever WVU gets in mediation.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM
It is not out yet. Typically last week in Jan, first week in Feb is the release date for the ACC. I believe the ACC had resigned that Cuse and Pitt are not coming until 2014, however, I think they will request whatever WVU gets in mediation.

Yeah, that whole mess with WVU I think is holding up all the schedules on the East Coast.

Bison_Kent
January 14th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Here is Southern Illinois' schedule:

Thu., Aug. 30 at Eastern Illinois Charleston, Ill. TBA
Sat., Sep. 8 at Missouri Columbia, Mo. TBA
Sat., Sep. 15 vs. SEMO Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Sep. 22 at Missouri State * Springfield, Mo. TBA
Sat., Sep. 29 vs. Indiana State (Family Weekend) * Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Oct. 6 at Illinois State * Normal, Ill. TBA
Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Northern Iowa (Homecoming) * Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Oct. 20 at Youngstown State * Youngstown, Ohio TBA
Sat., Oct. 27 at North Dakota State * Fargo, N.D. TBA
Sat., Nov. 3 vs. South Dakota St. * Carbondale, Ill. TBA
Sat., Nov. 17 vs. Western Illinois * Carbondale, Ill. TBA

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/silu-m-footbl-sched-2012.html

Bison_Kent
January 14th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Here is Indiana State's schedule:

Sat, Sep 01 Indiana at Bloomington, Ind. TBA

Sat, Sep 08 Quincy Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 15 Drake Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 22 South Dakota State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 29 Southern Illinois * at Carbondale, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 06 Missouri State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 13 North Dakota State * at Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 20 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 27 South Dakota * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 03 Illinois State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 17 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio TBA

http://www.gosycamores.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=15200&SPID=7269&SPSID=65231

Bison_Kent
January 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Here is Illinois State's schedule:

08/30/12 vs. Dayton Normal, Ill. TBA
09/08/12 at Eastern Michigan Ypsilanti, Mich. TBA
09/15/12 vs. Eastern Illinois Normal, Ill. TBA
09/22/12 at Western Illinois * Macomb, Ill. TBA
09/29/12 at South Dakota * Vermillion, S.D. TBA
10/06/12 vs. Southern Illinois * Normal, Ill. TBA
10/13/12 vs. Youngstown State * Normal, Ill. TBA
10/20/12 vs. Missouri State * Normal, Ill. TBA
10/27/12 at Northern Iowa * Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA
11/03/12 at Indiana State * Terre Haute, Ind. TBA
11/17/12 vs. North Dakota State * Normal, Ill. TBA

http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/ilsu-m-footbl-sched-2012.html

Bison_Kent
January 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Missouri State has not yet announced the full schedule but has announced its home games:

Sept. 15 (Murray State)
Sept. 22 (Southern Illinois)
Oct. 13 (South Dakota)
Oct. 27 (Western Illinois)
Nov. 3 (North Dakota State)

http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121911aaa.html

TheBisonator
January 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Here is Illinois State's schedule:

08/30/12 vs. Dayton Normal, Ill. TBA
09/08/12 at Eastern Michigan Ypsilanti, Mich. TBA
09/15/12 vs. Eastern Illinois Normal, Ill. TBA
09/22/12 at Western Illinois * Macomb, Ill. TBA
09/29/12 at South Dakota * Vermillion, S.D. TBA
10/06/12 vs. Southern Illinois * Normal, Ill. TBA
10/13/12 vs. Youngstown State * Normal, Ill. TBA
10/20/12 vs. Missouri State * Normal, Ill. TBA
10/27/12 at Northern Iowa * Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA
11/03/12 at Indiana State * Terre Haute, Ind. TBA
11/17/12 vs. North Dakota State * Normal, Ill. TBA

http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/ilsu-m-footbl-sched-2012.html

Bolded indicates easy win over FBS team

socon11
January 14th, 2012, 08:10 AM
The Citadel 2012 schedule

OOC games are @NC State, @VMI and Charleston Southern at home to open the season. Haven't seen dates yet.

Home Conf games--Ga Southern, WCU, UTC, Elon

Away Conf games---App St, Furman, Wofford, Samford

The Citadel schedule from the paper this week:

Sept. 1 -- Charleston Southern
Sept. 8 -- Georgia Southern
Sept. 15 -- at App State
Sept. 22 -- at N.C. State
Sept. 29 -- Chattanooga
Oct. 6 -- at Samford
Oct. 13 -- Western Carolina
Oct. 20 -- open date
Oct. 27 -- at Wofford
Nov. 3 -- Elon
Nov. 10 -- at VMI
Nov. 17 -- at Furman

kdinva
January 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
http://www.postandcourier.com/blogs/bulldog_bites/?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&UID=d576f03b-78df-47af-8602-6c828c91cead&plckPostId=Blog%3ad576f03b-78df-47af-8602-6c828c91ceadPost%3a64259ced-9e8c-463c-8f4b-0cc24b16a912&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Sept. 15 -- at App State
Sept. 29 -- Chattanooga
Oct. 6 -- at Samford
Oct. 20 -- open date
Oct. 27 -- at Wofford
Nov. 3 -- Elon
Nov. 10 -- at VMI
Nov. 17 -- at Furman

Lehigh Football Nation
January 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM

Sept. 15 -- at App State
Sept. 29 -- Chattanooga
Oct. 6 -- at Samford
Oct. 20 -- open date
Oct. 27 -- at Wofford
Nov. 3 -- Elon
Nov. 10 -- at VMI
Nov. 17 -- at Furman

Added.

Didn't check, but I wonder if it's possible to start divining some of the other SoCon schedules from the ones from App State, Georgia Southern and now The Citadel that have been released.

MTfan4life
January 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Bolded indicates easy win over FBS team

Sounds like a luxury usually granted to NDSU...

Twentysix
January 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sounds like a luxury usually granted to NDSU...

Har har har, good job beating tenessee.

CSU is gonna be a pretty easy FBS game.

And the year after when we play KSU they are going to somehow suck, and this same **** is gonna be pulled out... Even though the year we scheduled them they ended up making the cotton bowl.

MTfan4life
January 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Har har har, good job beating tenessee.

CSU is gonna be a pretty easy FBS game.

And the year after when we play KSU they are going to somehow suck, and this same **** is gonna be pulled out... Even though the year we scheduled them they ended up making the cotton bowl.

You're right, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa State, Colorado State, Wyoming, Ball State, and Central Michigan were all extremely quality teams when NDSU scheduled them as well. They can and should directly be compared with the FBS games Montana, any SoCon team, or basically anyone else have played. Maybe if they scheduled an SEC or an annually worth a **** Big Ten/Pac 12/Big 12 school, then comparison would be more accepted. Kstate is a good start.

Twentysix
January 14th, 2012, 06:59 PM
You're right, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa State, Colorado State, Wyoming, Ball State, and Central Michigan were all extremely quality teams when NDSU scheduled them as well. They can and should directly be compared with the FBS games Montana, any SoCon team, or basically anyone else have played. Maybe if they scheduled an SEC or an annually worth a **** Big Ten/Pac 12/Big 12 school, then comparison would be more accepted. Kstate is a good start.

Minnesota was a bowl team when our games with them started. Iowa State has been a pretty good program too. I remember ball state going 12-2 the year after we beat them.. Central Michigan won an FBS conference the year we blew them out.

I'm glad you follow all these terrible teams so closely though.

Tenessee was obvioulsy of LSU qaulity, no idea why I even attempted to make that comparison. xholyx

Lehigh Football Nation
January 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Through process of elimination, the final MVFC game has to be Missouri State @ South Dakota State on 9/29.

Updated MVFC with full conference schedule here:

Only 3 OOC openings to figure out: NDSU, Missouri State, and South Dakota State.

JSUBison
January 14th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Through process of elimination, the final MVFC game has to be Missouri State @ South Dakota State on 9/29.

Updated MVFC with full conference schedule here:

Only 3 OOC openings to figure out: NDSU, Missouri State, and South Dakota State.

Youngstown plays at NDSU next year, you have it as an away game.

MTfan4life
January 14th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Minnesota was a bowl team when our games with them started. Iowa State has been a pretty good program too. I remember ball state going 12-2 the year after we beat them.. Central Michigan won an FBS conference the year we blew them out.

I'm glad you follow all these terrible teams so closely though.

Tenessee was obvioulsy of LSU qaulity, no idea why I even attempted to make that comparison. xholyx

Don't believe I said that. Nice try though Mr. piss match. Tennessee is an SEC program. They were 4-0 outside of the SEC. They didn't lose to New Mexico State at home. It wasn't like they were some joke team. They lost to Florida, So Car, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, and Kentucky. You can't label a team as poor quality with that schedule. The SEC is the only conference they would have been a cellar dweller in this past season. Keep trying to put words in my mouth though. Your quoting of me is "obvioulsy" full of "qaulity."

kdinva
January 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Elon's sked for 2012

http://www.elonphoenix.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

NoDak 4 Ever
January 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Don't believe I said that. Nice try though Mr. piss match. Tennessee is an SEC program. They were 4-0 outside of the SEC. They didn't lose to New Mexico State at home. It wasn't like they were some joke team. They lost to Florida, So Car, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, and Kentucky. You can't label a team as poor quality with that schedule. The SEC is the only conference they would have been a cellar dweller in this past season. Keep trying to put words in my mouth though. Your quoting of me is "obvioulsy" full of "qaulity."

Somehow it doesn't matter what FBS teams we beat, it does matter what FCS teams we beat. For the first time in 5 years, Montana didn't schedule a sub DI team this year. Fat lot of good it did you at the end of the season.

Hambone
January 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM
SDSU is hosting Cal Davis on September 15 in Brookings. Haven't seen that on here.

FCSbuff319
January 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Somehow it doesn't matter what FBS teams we beat, it does matter what FCS teams we beat. For the first time in 5 years, Montana didn't schedule a sub DI team this year. Fat lot of good it did you at the end of the season.

Ummm...I know you have a lofty NDSU education, but I'm pretty sure that Western Oregon is a DII team. At least when you are going to talk crap, do it correctly. I don't believe MTfan ever mentioned anything about it's relation to winning titles, as that would have been pretty useless considering NDSU has won a national title every season in their existence. That argument started from a joke about how NDSU has an easy time with FBS games. Nothing about how NDSU wins a BCS title every year, just about that simple fact.

NDSU won the national championship, not you. You had no representation on the 2011-12 team. This is a sports debate site. Just because one's team doesn't win a certain amount of games, it doesn't mean what he or she is saying is not valid. Sure you big dog NDSU fans think that because the school you cheer for won a title makes every thing you type all high and mighty. However, everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of wins and losses. It gets so old that so many people's only defense is: "Well your team didn't win it all, so take that!" Maybe come up with something intelligent or worthwhile instead.

"what FBS teams WE beat." That just makes me laugh every time. You didn't beat Sam Houston State or Indiana State or even Chester Elementary. Quit trying to own the team's success and act like it entitles you to be king in whatever you post. Let your words talk for themselves, not the success of the school represented on your profile.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Elon's sked for 2012

http://www.elonphoenix.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Added. Will be adding a couple of new sub-D-I graphics (West Virginia State, Southwestern Oklahoma State) to the schedule later today.

I wonder if any of the other SoCon conference schedules can be figured out.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Ummm...I know you have a lofty NDSU education, but I'm pretty sure that Western Oregon is a DII team. At least when you are going to talk crap, do it correctly. I don't believe MTfan ever mentioned anything about it's relation to winning titles, as that would have been pretty useless considering NDSU has won a national title every season in their existence. That argument started from a joke about how NDSU has an easy time with FBS games. Nothing about how NDSU wins a BCS title every year, just about that simple fact.

NDSU won the national championship, not you. You had no representation on the 2011-12 team. This is a sports debate site. Just because one's team doesn't win a certain amount of games, it doesn't mean what he or she is saying is not valid. Sure you big dog NDSU fans think that because the school you cheer for won a title makes every thing you type all high and mighty. However, everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of wins and losses. It gets so old that so many people's only defense is: "Well your team didn't win it all, so take that!" Maybe come up with something intelligent or worthwhile instead.

"what FBS teams WE beat." That just makes me laugh every time. You didn't beat Sam Houston State or Indiana State or even Chester Elementary. Quit trying to own the team's success and act like it entitles you to be king in whatever you post. Let your words talk for themselves, not the success of the school represented on your profile.

Missing Western Oregon was my mistake, it only illustrates Montana's inability to consistently play a full DI schedule. You're a little new here so I'll try to break it down to you. We is a common term used to describe the relationship of these schools to their alumni, fans, and friends. I am a proud graduate of NDSU, grew up on Fargo and have been a Bison fan for almost 40 years. I will say we as long as "they" continue to ask for money and support. I traveled almost 4,000 miles this year to see my team so I believe I am vested enough to use whatever nomenclature I see fit.

As far as the success NDSU has had in FCS, we predicted it because we have a first class organization and a tradition of winning. I'm going to guess by your choice of ISUb and Chester Elementary that you come from that area. I was at that game and that place reminded me a lot of a high school field. I can see the butthurt is strong in this one.

Stick to basketball.

FCSbuff319
January 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Chester is one of the most common town names in the United States. Nowhere near ISUb. I was simply picking three schools. I don't represent a team. One does not need to represent a team to know squat about a certain sport. Sure you attended and give to and whatever else with NDSU, but I was simply relating to your ownership of them when it comes to debating something another poster said. Regardless of the fact that NDSU won the national title, their game against Minnesota was less difficult than a majority of the other FBS/FCS match-ups. I'll stick to every sport I have interest in. I don't need to rape my favorite team's success down every debate to prove that others are butthurt about something or that I have any knowledge of that sport. I know sports because I grew up with them and will continue to follow them. My comments on here do not have to be based on the success on the teams I am commenting about, nor should anyone elses.

BEAR
January 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Still only 10 games on our schedule with open dates of Sept. 15 and Nov. 10. xeekx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Still only 10 games on our schedule with open dates of Sept. 15 and Nov. 10. xeekx

I'm sure you're welcome to come up to Fargo for a game, might even get travel expenses.

BEAR
January 18th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I'm sure you're welcome to come up to Fargo for a game, might even get travel expenses.

You don't want any of us...we're fast. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 18th, 2012, 02:14 PM
You don't want any of us...we're fast. xlolx

OH Jeez, that's right. Can't handle fast. Hopefully the new turf will slow some of these track teams down. That old stuff apparently made the teams even speedier.

BearsCountry
January 18th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Here is Missouri State's schedule. Waiting on Kansas State and the Big 12 to release their schedule for that date.

September 8 at Louisville
September 15 Murray State
September 22 Southern Illinois
September 29 at South Dakota State
October 6 at Indiana State
October 13 South Dakota
October 20 at Illinois State
October 27 Western Illinois
November 3 North Dakota State
November 17 at Northern Iowa

Lehigh Football Nation
January 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
SDSU is hosting Cal Davis on September 15 in Brookings. Haven't seen that on here.

Thanks for the tip. That leaves exactly two OOC games left for the Missouri Valley schedules:

One, as mentioned, is Missouri State @ Kansas State, simply awaiting KSU's announcement, and the other is NDSU, who is looking for an 11th game.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 18th, 2012, 05:24 PM
With EWU and Cal Poly announcing two more games and completing their schedules (the final piece of their puzzle was an game between the two that doesn't count in the conference standings), the Big Sky picture gets clearer:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/big-sky-sched

Idaho State (2), Northern Arizona (2), Northern Colorado (2), Portland State (1), Sacramento State (2), and UC Davis (1) are the final teams that seem to have OOC spots left.

slostang
January 18th, 2012, 11:42 PM
With EWU and Cal Poly announcing two more games and completing their schedules (the final piece of their puzzle was an game between the two that doesn't count in the conference standings), the Big Sky picture gets clearer:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/big-sky-sched

Idaho State (2), Northern Arizona (2), Northern Colorado (2), Portland State (1), Sacramento State (2), and UC Davis (1) are the final teams that seem to have OOC spots left.

This is the earliest that Cal Poly has released their schedule in at least a decade. Usually at least late March or early April. Being is the Big Sky ROCKS!!!

GA St. MBB Fan
January 19th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Georgia State officially releases schedule: http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=205364402

bojeta
January 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Montana out and San Diego in for the final spot in the 2012 schedule.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/CP2012schednew.jpg

Redbirdz
January 19th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I don't know if this has been posted previously but Jacksonville State has two SEC opponents in 2012, Arkansas and Florida. See complete schedule:
2012 Jacksonville State Football Schedule Date Opponent Site Time
Sept. 1 at Arkansas Fayettville, Ark. TBA
Sept. 8 Chattanooga Jacksonville 6 p.m.
(Band Day)
Sept. 15 OPEN
Sept. 22 *at Eastern Kentucky Richmond, Ky. TBA
Sept. 29 Southeast Missouri State Jacksonville 3 p.m.
(Preview Day)
Oct. 6 *at Tennessee Tech Cookeville, Tenn. TBA
Oct. 13 *at Eastern Illinois Charleston, Ill. TBA
Oct. 20 *Tennessee State Jacksonville 3 p.m.
Oct. 27 *Murray State Jacksonville 3 p.m.
(Homecoming/Family Day)
Nov. 3 *at UT Martin Martin, Tenn. TBA
Nov. 10 *Austin Peay Jacksonville 3 p.m.
(Marching Southerners Reunion)
Nov. 17 at Florida Gainesville, Fla. TBA

frozennorth
January 20th, 2012, 01:59 AM

tennessee would have been a basement team in the big10, big12 and pac-12. They weren't quite as bad as minnesota, but still not exactly good either. This year's SEC wasn't exactly the SEC of 2006-2010.

frozennorth
January 20th, 2012, 02:00 AM
I would enjoy uca coming to fargo after backing out of UND.

whitey
January 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Montana out and San Diego in for the final spot in the 2012 schedule.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/CPSch2012web.jpg

Who is this Orth Dakota?

darell1976
January 20th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Who is this Orth Dakota?

Don't wanna get confused with North Dakota State in the polls so our new name is Orth Dakota that way our name is not next to theirs in the voting.xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Don't wanna get confused with North Dakota State in the polls so our new name is Orth Dakota that way our name is not next to theirs in the voting.xlolx

Oh, I'm pretty sure there won't be any confusion now. NDSU is the one with the FCS Championship.

darell1976
January 20th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Oh, I'm pretty sure there won't be any confusion now. NDSU is the one with the FCS Championship.

Obviously to the Fargo media and NDSU coaches there was when UND entered the poll at the bottom while NDSU was on top.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Obviously to the Fargo media and NDSU coaches there was when UND entered the poll at the bottom while NDSU was on top.

Well that's the only way to explain the 6 spot drop after the bye week and a UND appearance after a loss.

darell1976
January 20th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Well that's the only way to explain the 6 spot drop after the bye week and a UND appearance after a loss.

I would hate to see the contraversy if both teams were right next to each other in the polls. If the rivalry got ugly before think about a seed in the playoffs would be like. YIKES!!

Lehigh Football Nation
January 20th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Who is this Orth Dakota?

Didn't you know? It's the Orth Dakota Fightin' Oo. Not content with a mascot name change, they need a state name change as well. xlolx

darell1976
January 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Didn't you know? It's the Orth Dakota Fightin' Oo. Not content with a mascot name change, they need a state name change as well. xlolx

Orth Akota Fighting Oo. Is that better?xlolx

UAalum72
January 20th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Did one of ND's forks shrink, since apparently only one of them is Grand now?

bojeta
January 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Who is this Orth Dakota?

Oh God!! I just had to go and provide fuel for the bag-on-North-Dakota fire!! Sorry North Dakota fans. It happened when I was changing the font color. I'll fix it when I get on my other computer.

darell1976
January 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Oh God!! I just had to go and provide fuel for the bag-on-North-Dakota fire!! Sorry North Dakota fans. It happened when I was changing the font color. I'll fix it when I get on my other computer.

No problem.:)

bojeta
January 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
No problem.:)

Repair made and "Co-Champs" added as well. At least on my post.

whitey
January 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Rumor is Alcorn State will round out JMU's OOC schedule (St. Francis & West Virginia).

GoAgs72
January 24th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Not official yet but this looks like UC Davis schedule. Good except for non-counter Azusa Pacific - probably done to guarantee a home game.

Sept. 1 Azusa Pacific
Sept. 8 at San Jose State
Set. 15 at South Dakota State
Sept. 22 at Cal Poly
Sept. 29 Weber State
Oct. 6 Montana State
Oct. 13 at Idaho State
Oct. 20 at Northern Arizona
Oct. 27 Portland State
Nov. 3 OPEN
Nov. 10 at Eastern Washington
Nov. 17 Sacramento State

jmufan
January 24th, 2012, 03:27 PM
JMU just released theirs

9/1 St Francis (PA)
9/8 Alcorn St
9/15 @WVU (FedEx-redskins site says 7 PM)
9/22 @ Rhode Island
10-6 Towson (Family weekend)
10-13 W&M
10-20 @ Richmond
10-27 GA State (Homecoming)
11-3 @ Maine
11-10 @ Villanova
11-17 ODU

http://www.jmusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPSID=71032&SPID=8113&DB_OEM_ID=14400&Q_SEASON=2012

whitey
January 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
JMU just released theirs

9/1 St Francis (PA)
9/8 Alcorn St
9/15 @WVU (FedEx-redskins site says 7 PM)
9/22 @ Rhode Island
10-6 Towson (Family weekend)
10-13 W&M
10-20 @ Richmond
10-27 GA State (Homecoming)
11-3 @ Maine
11-10 @ Villanova
11-17 ODU

http://www.jmusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPSID=71032&SPID=8113&DB_OEM_ID=14400&Q_SEASON=2012

I love it! 6 home games + Fedex which means 7 for me as I live in NoVa. Home games are nicely spread out too. Hated the 3 weekends in a row last year.

BEAR
January 24th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Nice sked! SDSU, Montana State, PSU...EWU....that should get you ready for the playoffs!

Not official yet but this looks like UC Davis schedule. Good except for non-counter Azusa Pacific - probably done to guarantee a home game.

Sept. 1 Azusa Pacific
Sept. 8 at San Jose State
Set. 15 at South Dakota State
Sept. 22 at Cal Poly
Sept. 29 Weber State
Oct. 6 Montana State
Oct. 13 at Idaho State
Oct. 20 at Northern Arizona
Oct. 27 Portland State
Nov. 3 OPEN
Nov. 10 at Eastern Washington
Nov. 17 Sacramento State

HailSzczur
January 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Well JMU helps me figure ours out. All our game are known except for @Maine on either 9/29 or 11/3, with the other week being our bye week.

I hope we play Maine in September, that way we use the bye in November to prep for the playoffs ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
January 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Added JMU and Jacksonville State. Looks like the final piece of the CAA puzzle is that Maine @ Boston College game.

There's probably a way to get more OVC games through process of elimination, too.

kdinva
January 24th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Presbyterian 2012:

http://www.gobluehose.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=89739&SPID=10734&DB_OEM_ID=18100&Q_SEASON=2012

Seawolf97
January 25th, 2012, 10:13 AM
StonyBrook will host D-2 Pace University on 9/8 this game already on Pace's 2012 schedule. Also a well founded rumor has StonyBrook at Syracuse on 9/15 in the Carrier Dome for our second FBS opponent in 2012 , Army being the first. I will post as soon as the official schedule comes out. But now we have 6 home games Pace, Colgate and CCSU plus 3 Big South games

Lehigh Football Nation
January 25th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Presbyterian 2012:

http://www.gobluehose.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=89739&SPID=10734&DB_OEM_ID=18100&Q_SEASON=2012

The good news is that this gives me my first full Big South schedule for 2012. The bad news is that it's at odds with VMI's near-complete scheule, putting my data for VMI in doubt. kdinva, can you help?

For now I'm putting Coastal Carolina at VMI on 10/20, switching with Presby on 10/6, but now I'm wondering about the whole VMI schedule.

nwFL Griz
January 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Well JMU helps me figure ours out. All our game are known except for @Maine on either 9/29 or 11/3, with the other week being our bye week.

I hope we play Maine in September, that way we use the bye in November to prep for the playoffs ;)

Uh, since JMU just released that they play Maine on 11/3, I think it is safe to say you guys are at Maine on 9/29. Course....that's just me talking.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 25th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Uh, since JMU just released that they play Maine on 11/3, I think it is safe to say you guys are at Maine on 9/29. Course....that's just me talking.

Yep! So now the entire CAA 2012 conference schedule is set, and every team except for Maine's is set as well:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/caa-sched

As mentioned before, Maine's schedule will comprise of travelling to Bryant and Boston College, just waiting to see which dates those two games are.

mainejeff
January 25th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Yep! So now the entire CAA 2012 conference schedule is set, and every team except for Maine's is set as well:

As mentioned before, Maine's schedule will comprise of travelling to Bryant and Boston College, just waiting to see which dates those two games are.

Reported on the Maine message board:

Sept. 8 - @ BC
Sept. 15 - @ Bryant
Sept. 22 - Albany

Not official, but probably correct.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Furman's schedule is tantalizingly close. An announcement from WCU, Wofford or Chatty will likely settle the issue, but perhaps one of these four schools can help with their schedule.

Furman Open Dates: 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 11/3

Need games against WCU, Wofford, and Chatty.

WCU open dates (shared with Furman): 9/29, 11/3
Wofford open dates (shared with Furman): 10/6, 11/3
Chatty open dates (shared with Furman): 10/6, 10/13, 11/3

Possible combinations:
WCU 9/29, Wofford 10/6, Chatty 10/13
WCU 9/29, Wofford 10/6, Chatty 11/3
WCU 9/29, Chatty 10/6, Wofford 11/3
Wofford 10/6, Chatty 10/13, WCU 11/3

If Chatty announces, I can figure out Furman's schedule due to process of elimination.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 25th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Reported on the Maine message board:

Sept. 8 - @ BC
Sept. 15 - @ Bryant
Sept. 22 - Albany

Not official, but probably correct.

If so, they would have moved Albany to accommodate, which is interesting.

Libertine
January 25th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Also a well founded rumor has StonyBrook at Syracuse on 9/15 in the Carrier Dome for our second FBS opponent in 2012 , Army being the first. Army's site has had the Stony Brook game on 9/29 for quite some time
http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061610aab.html

kdinva
January 25th, 2012, 11:54 AM
The good news is that this gives me my first full Big South schedule for 2012. The bad news is that it's at odds with VMI's near-complete scheule, putting my data for VMI in doubt. kdinva, can you help?

For now I'm putting Coastal Carolina at VMI on 10/20, switching with Presby on 10/6, but now I'm wondering about the whole VMI schedule.

For VMI, just switch the two games "in question". Someone in Lex. had told me a couple of months ago that the original template would be altered w/the two changes in hand, the other 9 games are a go. Just waiting for the official release from the SID.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 25th, 2012, 11:56 AM
For VMI, just switch the two games "in question". Someone in Lex. had told me a couple of months ago that the original template would be altered w/the two changes in hand, the other 9 games are a go. Just waiting for the official release from the SID.

Done. I am missing a game, however. Know what the last game is on 9/8 or 9/29? ;)

kdinva
January 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Done. I am missing a game, however. Know what the last game is on 9/8 or 9/29? ;)

9/8, Chowan Coll. at home........

kdinva
January 25th, 2012, 12:01 PM
bump.

VMI's 11th game posted on School Calendar. It will be Chowan Coll.

http://www2.vmi.edu/eventcalendar/content.asp?E_Date=9/12/2012&CALID=3&CATID=&aq=1&cg=no&vc=0 .....(I heard recently that VMI's home games w/CCU and Presby. will be flip-flopped, not reflected on this link today. ;)

Sept. 1 at Delaware St.
Sept. 8 CHOWAN
Sept. 15 RICHMOND
Sept. 22 at Navy
Oct. 6 PRESBYTERIAN*
Oct. 13 at Charleston Southern*
Oct. 20 COASTAL CAROLINA*
Oct. 27 at Gardner-Webb*
Nov. 3 at Stony Brook*
Nov. 10 THE CITADEL
Nov. 17 LIBERTY*

Lehigh Football Nation
January 25th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Good deal - thanks! I've updated my schedule to reflect that.

Seawolf97
January 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Army's site has had the Stony Brook game on 9/29 for quite some time
http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061610aab.html

You are right. We knew about Army last season as a 9/29 date. I suspect we open on 9/1 at home against CCSU then 9/8 Pace,9/15 at Syracuse ?, Colgate already confirmed for the 22nd at home and at Army on the 29th. Kind of a mixed bag of teams but I will take 6 home games. Hopefully the official schedule will be out this week.

apaladin
January 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Furman Schedule is now complett:
09/01 at Samford
09/08 Coatal Carolina
09/15 at Clemson
09/22 at PC
09/29 Western Carolina
10/06 at Wofford
10/13 Open
10/20 Georgia Southern
10/27 Chattanooga
11/03 at Elon
11/10 at Appalachian St.
11/17 The Citadel

Lehigh Football Nation
January 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Furman Schedule is now complett:
09/01 at Samford
09/08 Coatal Carolina
09/15 at Clemson
09/22 at PC
09/29 Western Carolina
10/06 at Wofford
10/13 Open
10/20 Georgia Southern
10/27 Chattanooga
11/03 at Elon
11/10 at Appalachian St.
11/17 The Citadel

Elon has Furman at Elon on 10/27. Elon is travelling to The Citadel on 11/3, according to them. Are Elon and Chatty reversed?

nwFL Griz
January 25th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Elon has Furman at Elon on 10/27. Elon is travelling to The Citadel on 11/3, according to them. Are Elon and Chatty reversed?

LFN, I don't think that is Furman's actual schedule. If it were, then it would not be possible for Chatty to play both WCU and Wofford. Also, the fact that it conflicts with an already released schedule puts the whole thing in doubt. (At least the games not already known. ie, WCU, @Woff and Chatty)

chattanoogamocs
January 26th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Chattanooga has officially released their schedule:

(Presbyterian backed out late on Chattanooga, home game, so they could play Vanderbilt, so unfortunately they are now opening with Glenville St...AD not happy, they Pres did have to pay $50K for backing out)

UTC football 2012 schedule

Sept. 1 at South Florida

Sept. 8 at Jacksonville State

Sept. 13 Glenville State (Thursday)

Sept. 22 Appalachian State

Sept. 29 at The Citadel

Oct. 13 at Furman

Oct. 20 Samford

Oct. 27 Georgia Southern

Nov. 3 at Western Carolina

Nov. 10 at Wofford

Nov. 17 Elon

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jan/26/thursday-home-opener-utc-football/

Lehigh Football Nation
January 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Chattanooga has officially released their schedule:

(Presbyterian backed out late on Chattanooga, home game, so they could play Vanderbilt, so unfortunately they are now opening with Glenville St...AD not happy, they Pres did have to pay $50K for backing out)

UTC football 2012 schedule

Sept. 1 at South Florida

Sept. 8 at Jacksonville State

Sept. 13 Glenville State (Thursday)

Sept. 22 Appalachian State

Sept. 29 at The Citadel

Oct. 13 at Furman

Oct. 20 Samford

Oct. 27 Georgia Southern

Nov. 3 at Western Carolina

Nov. 10 at Wofford

Nov. 17 Elon

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jan/26/thursday-home-opener-utc-football/

It's in there! Plus, armed with this information, I'm able to figure out Furman's remaining schedule:

Possible combinations:
WCU 9/29, Wofford 10/6, Chatty 11/3

The remaining SoCon conference schedule involves Samford, Wofford, and Western Carolina. Two games, WCU@Wofford and Samford@WCU, have to take place on 9/15 or 9/22. Wofford@Samford could happen on those two dates or 9/8 or 11/3 as well.

UAalum72
January 26th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Wagner has published their 2012 schedule: http://www.wagnerathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Sept. 1@ Florida Atlantic University
Sept. 8@ Georgetown University
Sept. 15 H Monmouth University
Sept. 22 @ Central Conneciticut State University
Sept. 29 H Bryant University
Oct. 6 @ Sacred Heart University
Oct. 20 @ St. Francis University (Pa)
Oct. 27 H Robert Morris University
Nov. 3 @ Albany
Nov. 10 H Holy Cross
Nov. 17 H Duquesne University

Seawolf97
January 26th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Wagner has published their 2012 schedule: http://www.wagnerathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Sept. 1@ Florida Atlantic University
Sept. 8@ Georgetown University
Sept. 15 H Monmouth University
Sept. 22 @ Central Conneciticut State University
Sept. 29 H Bryant University
Oct. 6 @ Sacred Heart University
Oct. 20 @ St. Francis University (Pa)
Oct. 27 H Robert Morris University
Nov. 3 @ Albany
Nov. 10 H Holy Cross
Nov. 17 H Duquesne University

Thats not a bad schedule.

danefan
January 27th, 2012, 05:34 AM

We're seeing the outcome of the new NEC scheduling rule already. FBS games and Kate season FCS OOC games. When you can't schedule sub-DIs, that's basically what your left with.

I like it.

aceinthehole
January 27th, 2012, 08:20 AM

That's an EXCELLENT schedule for Wagner!

The Seahawks open up with an FBS team (only the 2nd time for a NEC program). They also have a return game in D.C with Georgetown, and home game vs. Holy Cross.

BTW - I can't wait to hear the HC fans complain about the indignity of having to play in Staten Island as the road team vs. another NEC program. The following year they have to make the trip to New Britain to face CCSU. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
January 27th, 2012, 09:34 AM
That Holy Cross add on 11/10 is interesting, as I had Holy Cross' schedule as complete. It completes the Crusader schedule, as I just verified that their 9/8 game against UMass was "replaced".

I've made this addition shortly as we're starting to get an idea of the NEC 2012 schedule now.

aceinthehole
January 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I've made this addition shortly as we're starting to get an idea of the NEC 2012 schedule now.

I'm almost certain that CCSU opens up on 9/1 at Stony Brook.

Seawolf97
January 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm almost certain that CCSU opens up on 9/1 at Stony Brook.

I would say yes. We host Pace on the 8th,Colgate on the 22nd and travel to Army on the 29th. Very good info we play at Syracuse on the 15th. So figure the 1st and a night game -6-maybe 7pm kickoff.

Smitty
January 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Thurs., Aug. 30 - Mars Hill (Catamount Club Day) - Cullowhee
Sat., Sept. 8 - at Marshall - Huntington, W.Va.
Sat., Sept. 15 - at Wofford * - Spartanburg, S.C.
Sat., Sept. 22 - Samford * (WCU Family Weekend) - Cullowhee
Sat. Sept. 29 - at Furman * - Greenville, S.C.
Sat., Oct. 6 - Georgia Southern * (Homecoming) - Cullowhee
Sat., Oct. 13 - at The Citadel * - Charleston, S.C.
Sat., Oct. 20 - at Elon * - Elon, N.C.
Sat., Oct. 27 - Appalachian State * (Battle for the Old Mountain Jug) - Cullowhee
Sat., Nov. 3 - Chattanooga * (Hall of Fame & Senior Day) - Cullowhee
Sat., Nov. 10 - OPEN
Sat., Nov. 17 - at Alabama - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Sat., Nov. 24 - NCAA FCS Playoffs Opening Round - TBA

mainejeff
January 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Maine is now official......

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/releases/20120127el1ib1

Lehigh Football Nation
January 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Maine is now official......

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/releases/20120127el1ib1

...and with that, the CAA schedule is now complete for 2012.

HailSzczur
January 28th, 2012, 12:28 AM
...and with that, the CAA schedule is now complete for 2012.

No thanks to us.
Thanks for tracking this all though everybody, its nice to finally know what our schedule is

blackbeard
January 30th, 2012, 01:24 PM
St Francis to host 4 home games

http://sfuathletics.com/news/2012/1/30/FB_0130123526.aspx

Lehigh Football Nation
January 30th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Added, as the NEC schedule now starts to take shape.

kdinva
January 31st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Charleston Southern sked:

http://csusports.com/article.asp?articleID=5936

an away game at...........Shorter Univ?

danefan
January 31st, 2012, 07:53 AM

Big South needs to adopt the NEC's new rule.....no Sub DI games, let alone Sub DI games on the road. An away game at Shorter is a joke.

TheRevSFA
January 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM

Shorter probably has the nicer stadium

UAalum72
January 31st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Big South needs to adopt the NEC's new rule.....no Sub DI games, let alone Sub DI games on the road. An away game at Shorter is a joke.

Except the BSo 1) has more OOC games to fill; and 2) they can balance D-II games with an FBS opponent, which the NEC usually can't

danefan
January 31st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Except the BSo 1) has more OOC games to fill; and 2) they can balance D-II games with an FBS opponent, which the NEC usually can't

True on all points. I just don't see how a conference benefits from teams playing at Sub DI opponents. Even if it is balanced out with and FBS slaughter game.

aceinthehole
January 31st, 2012, 09:21 AM
I agree with DF.

I understand many team want to play a D-II team at home every year, especially when you have a FBS game on the road to offset it. But playing a sub-DI team ON THE ROAD is unacceptable! I had the same problem when Wagner went and played at NY Maritime. If you are desperate for a game, fine play a non-DI game, but you can't play those games on the road.

kdinva
January 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Shorter probably has the nicer stadium.

they do.........7000 seats, lights, SprintTurf field........

Lehigh Football Nation
January 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Whats probably more disappointing about Chuck South's sched is that they have two sub D-I games. I can abide by one, but two is too many. Assuming a loss at FBS Illinois, they basically disqualify themselves for postseason unless they run the table in the Big South.

The Bucs have been added, and it seems like a mortal lock that Stony Brook @ Liberty will be on 11/10. Technically it could be on 10/20, still, but it looks like SBU's open date will be the last day of the season (unless SBU is planning a THIRD FBS opponent on that date :D )

Other dates look like Liberty @ Coastal on 10/27, G-W at Liberty on 10/20 (unscientific). Liberty needs one more OOC game it looks like, maybe a Kentucky Wesleyan situation.

nwFL Griz
January 31st, 2012, 12:11 PM
Whats probably more disappointing about Chuck South's sched is that they have two sub D-I games. I can abide by one, but two is too many. Assuming a loss at FBS Illinois, they basically disqualify themselves for postseason unless they run the table in the Big South.

The Bucs have been added, and it seems like a mortal lock that Stony Brook @ Liberty will be on 11/10. Technically it could be on 10/20, still, but it looks like SBU's open date will be the last day of the season (unless SBU is planning a THIRD FBS opponent on that date :D )

Other dates look like Liberty @ Coastal on 10/27, G-W at Liberty on 10/20 (unscientific). Liberty needs one more OOC game it looks like, maybe a Kentucky Wesleyan situation.

GWU people are reporting GWU@SBU on 10/20 and GWU@Liberty on 10/6, that would make Liberty@Coastal on 10/27.

aceinthehole
January 31st, 2012, 12:25 PM

Which means they win the league AQ. SO they basically scheduled themselves out of any at-large consideration.

hebmskebm
January 31st, 2012, 12:46 PM
In case you missed it on the other thread, here's Monmouth's schedule:

http://www.northeastconference.org/news/2012/1/30/FB_MU_Schedule_12.aspx

aceinthehole
January 31st, 2012, 02:23 PM
I would say yes. We host Pace on the 8th,Colgate on the 22nd and travel to Army on the 29th. Very good info we play at Syracuse on the 15th. So figure the 1st and a night game -6-maybe 7pm kickoff.

Just announced:

Feb. 1 is signing day in New Britain, and CCSUBlueDevils.com is your source for the most up-to-date signings for the 2012 Central Connecticut football season. Follow along all day as we update this page with the most recent National Letter of Intents received for next season.

In the morning we will bring you the nine names of student-athletes who enrolled with the Blue Devils for the spring semester.

We will then update this page throughout the day, and bring you the newest recruits for head coach Jeff McInerney and the 2012 Blue Devils.

At the end of the day we will sit down with head coach Jeff McInerney for a special Signing Day Edition of Open Mac, so he can update you on all of the signings, and what to expect from the Blue Devils this spring and in the fall of 2012.

The complete schedule will also be released on Wednesday. The Blue Devils will open the 2012 season on the road against former Northeast Conference foe and 2011 playoff participant Stony Brook on Saturday, Sept. 1st. http://ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/201201317eo066

Lehigh Football Nation
January 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM
GWU people are reporting GWU@SBU on 10/20 and GWU@Liberty on 10/6, that would make Liberty@Coastal on 10/27.

This would add to Liberty's schedule

GWU@Liberty 10/6
Liberty@Coastal 10/27
SBU@Liberty 11/10

That leaves 9/29 or 10/20 for their final game, perhaps for a school like Kentucky Wesleyan.

Also, any confirmation on SBU@Syracuse on 9/15? Basically, if SBU releases their schedule, I think most of the Big South schedule can be figured out.

Seawolf97
January 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM
This would add to Liberty's schedule

GWU@Liberty 10/6
Liberty@Coastal 10/27
SBU@Liberty 11/10

That leaves 9/29 or 10/20 for their final game, perhaps for a school like Kentucky Wesleyan.

Also, any confirmation on SBU@Syracuse on 9/15? Basically, if SBU releases their schedule, I think most of the Big South schedule can be figured out.

We all hope the schedule comes out this week. The only unaccounted for game is Syracuse which should be 9/15. Fingers crossed the rumors are true !:)

aceinthehole
February 1st, 2012, 10:05 AM
2012 CCSU Football Schedule

Sep. 1 at Stony Brook
Sep. 8 vs. Lehigh
Sep. 15 at New Hampshire
Sep. 22 vs. Wagner
Sep. 29 at Sacred Heart
Oct. 13 vs. Duquesne
Oct. 20 at Robert Morris
Oct. 27 vs. St. Francis (Pa.)
Nov. 3 at Monmouth
Nov. 10 vs. Bryant
Nov. 17 at Albany

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fball/2012-13/schedule

Very tough schedule for Central - 4 playoff teams from 2011 and 3 of them are on the road.

Libertine
February 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
9/8 Black Hills St @ Idaho St
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/communities/spearfish/college-football-bhsu-releases-football-schedule/article_1108d05a-4bb5-11e1-b49e-001871e3ce6c.html

IaaScribe
February 1st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Liberty is open on Oct. 20. The last non-conference game is scheduled for Sept. 29. Still waiting on an opponent. They want a DI home game, but the pickings are starting to get slim.

danefan
February 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM

Sep. 1 at Stony Brook
Sep. 8 vs. Lehigh
Sep. 15 at New Hampshire
Sep. 22 vs. Wagner
Sep. 29 at Sacred Heart
Oct. 13 vs. Duquesne
Oct. 20 at Robert Morris
Nov. 3 at Monmouth
Nov. 10 vs. Bryant
Nov. 17 at Albany

Very tough schedule for Central - 4 playoff teams from 2011 and 3 of them are on the road.

Very tough schedule for CCSU. I wonder if SBU or UNH are home-and-homes?

Dane96
February 1st, 2012, 12:55 PM

Sep. 1 at Stony Brook
Sep. 8 vs. Lehigh
Sep. 15 at New Hampshire
Sep. 22 vs. Wagner
Sep. 29 at Sacred Heart
Oct. 13 vs. Duquesne
Oct. 20 at Robert Morris
Nov. 3 at Monmouth
Nov. 10 vs. Bryant
Nov. 17 at Albany

You go 9-2 with that schedule...and an at-large would be a possibility depending on who the two losses are too.

10-1 essentially wins the league...or an at-large w/o question.

Tough azz schedule

aceinthehole
February 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Very tough schedule for CCSU. I wonder if SBU or UNH are home-and-homes?

No, they are both "buy" games.

Lehigh is the front end of a home/home (we return the game to Bethlehem the following year). In 2013 we also host Holy Cross in the first of a home/home deal and head back down to Harrisonburg for another buy game at JMU.

dgreco
February 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hopefully Bryant can finally beat CCSU this year. It will be tough playing in CT though.

Libertine
February 2nd, 2012, 07:03 AM
Stony Brook
http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/stony-brook-to-play-syracuse-army-in-2012-1.3496668?qr=1

Sept. 1 Central Connecticut
Sept. 8 Pace
Sept. 15 At Syracuse
Sept. 22 Colgate
Sept. 29 At Army
Oct. 6 Charleston Southern
Oct. 13 at Coastal Carolina
Oct. 20 Gardner-Webb
Oct. 27 at Presbyterian
Nov. 3 VMI
Nov. 10 at Liberty

blackbeard
February 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM
CCSU Schedule is out: http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fball/2012-13/schedule

Sep. 1 at Stony Brook
Sep. 8 Lehigh
Sep. 15 at New Hampshire
Sep. 22 Wagner *
Sep. 29 at Sacred Heart *
Oct. 13 Duquesne *
Oct. 20 at Robert Morris *
Oct. 27 St. Francis (Pa.) *
Nov. 3 at Monmouth *
Nov. 10 Bryant *
Nov. 17 at Albany (N.Y.) *

kdinva
February 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM
"official", now

http://www.vmikeydets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9800&ATCLID=205375662

VMI

Sept. 1 at Delaware St.
Sept. 8 HOME game TBA
Sept. 15 RICHMOND
Sept. 22 at Navy
Oct. 6 COASTAL CAROLINA*
Oct. 13 at Charleston Southern*
Oct. 20 PRESBYTERIAN*
Oct. 27 at Gardner-Webb*
Nov. 3 at Stony Brook*
Nov. 10 THE CITADEL
Nov. 17 LIBERTY*

Lehigh Football Nation
February 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Liberty is open on Oct. 20. The last non-conference game is scheduled for Sept. 29. Still waiting on an opponent. They want a DI home game, but the pickings are starting to get slim.

That would appear to make the schedule:

GWU@Liberty 10/6
Liberty@Coastal 10/27

And unless both Gardner-Webb and Coastal have OOC games or a bye week late in the season, it's Gardner-Webb@Coastal on 11/3.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
We're really close to play the "process of elimination" game with the NEC, but there's still multiple possibilities for games.

10/20: Possible league game involving Albany, Duquesne, or Sacred Heart
10/27: Possible league game involving Albany, Bryant, or Sacred Heart
11/3: Two probable league games involving Bryant, Duquesne, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart
11/10: Two probable league games involving Albany, Duquesne, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart

A Sacred Heart announcement might make the rest solvable.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 7th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Southern Illinois Dropped by Missouri, but picked up by Miami (OH):

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020712aaa.html

Added!

UAalum72
February 7th, 2012, 06:07 PM
We're really close to play the "process of elimination" game with the NEC, but there's still multiple possibilities for games.

10/20: Possible league game involving Albany, Duquesne, or Sacred Heart
10/27: Possible league game involving Albany, Bryant, or Sacred Heart
11/3: Two probable league games involving Bryant, Duquesne, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart
11/10: Two probable league games involving Albany, Duquesne, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart

A Sacred Heart announcement might make the rest solvable.
Not even that many possibilities, if I figured it right:
Albany must play Robert Morris on 11/10
Bryant must play Duquesne 11/3
Albany must play Bryant 10/27
therefore Albany must play Duquesne 10/20
Albany and Sacred Heart both have open dates 9/8 for each other
Bryant plays RMU on 10/13
leaves Duq/SHU on 11/10 and RMU/SHU on 11/3 and Bryant/SHU 10/27

Sacred Heart has open dates 9/1 and 10/20 for one more possible non-conference game

Only home/away needs to be guessed, if they're all returns from last year, or any possible thursday/friday games.

hebmskebm
February 7th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Marist
http://www.goredfoxes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27700&ATCLID=205375403

2012 Marist Football Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 1 - at Bryant
Saturday, Sept. 8 - BUCKNELL
Saturday, Sept. 15 - at Columbia
Saturday, Sept. 22 - DAVIDSON$
Saturday, Sept. 29 - at Jacksonville
Saturday, Oct. 6 - bye week
Saturday, Oct. 13 - BUTLER
Saturday, Oct. 20 - at Drake
Saturday, Oct. 27 - at Valparaiso
Saturday, Nov. 3 - SAN DIEGO
Saturday, Nov. 10 - DAYTON&
Saturday, Nov. 17 - at Campbell
All home games are in CAPS. $ - Alumni Weekend, & - Senior Day

hebmskebm
February 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Portland State

http://goviks.com/news/2012/2/7/FB_0207122920.aspx

darell1976
February 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Portland State

http://goviks.com/news/2012/2/7/FB_0207122920.aspx

Portland State will open 2012 against NAIA National runner-up Carroll College at JELD-WEN Field (Sept. 1), followed by a meeting with North Dakota (the first in 31 years) on Sept. 8.

I shall be at that game. It should be a great crowd for the Potato Bowl!!!

superman7515
February 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Delaware State 2012
Sept 1 - vs VMI
Sept 8 - @ Delaware
Sept 15 - @ Cincinnati
Sept 22 - vs Florida A&M
Oct 6 - @ Norfolk State
Oct 13 - vs South Carolina State
Oct 20 - vs North Carolina A&T
Oct 27 - @ Morgan State
Nov 3 - @ North Carolina Central
Nov 10 - vs Hampton
Nov 17 - @ Howard

dystopiamembrane
February 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
NAIA powerhouse, Carroll College!

2012 Portland State Football Schedule
Sept. 1, Carroll College, JELD-WEN Field
Sept. 8, at North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
Sept. 15, at Washington, CenturyLink Field, Seattle
Sept. 22, Southern Utah*, JELD-WEN Field
Sept. 29, at Northern Arizona*, Flagstaff, AZ
Oct. 6, Idaho State*, JELD-WEN Field
Oct. 13, Open
Oct. 20, at Cal Poly*, San Luis Obispo
Oct. 27, at UC Davis*, Davis, CA
Nov. 3, Northern Colorado*, JELD-WEN Field
Nov. 10, at Montana State*, Bozeman, MT
Nov. 17, Eastern Washington*, JELD-WEN Field
* Big Sky Conference game

BEAR
February 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Who has an open date on Sept. 15?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Who has an open date on Sept. 15?

On my schedules, I have Tennessee State, Samford, Austin Peay. I also have UAPB... but I don't have a lot of the SWAC schedules yet.

Another is Chatty, sorta - they have Glenville State on 9/15, but it's their home opener.

BEAR
February 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
On my schedules, I have Tennessee State, Samford, Austin Peay. I also have UAPB... but I don't have a lot of the SWAC schedules yet.

Another is Chatty, sorta - they have Glenville State on 9/15, but it's their home opener.

UAPB....yeah, I have a feeling that will be the game on our open date of Sept. 15. xdohx

kdinva
February 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM
C.C.U....

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/coas-m-footbl-sched.html

kdinva
February 8th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Texas A&M buys out their Sept. 1 game w/McNeese St., gives them $200K.........xsmhx

http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/02/texas-am-replaces-mcneese-state-lousiana-tech-2012-football/

McNeese72
February 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Texas A&M buys out their Sept. 1 game w/McNeese St., gives them $200K.........xsmhx

http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/02/texas-am-replaces-mcneese-state-lousiana-tech-2012-football/

My sources at McNeese say that the $200K figure is way too low.

We were trying to get a game with ULL since Southern backed out of a verbal agreement with them but, reportedly, one of their "higher ups" (President or Head Coach) said "no way" and nixed the deal. Sounds like the Head Coach, imo.

The talk is that Lamar might end up in Lafayette because they lost their opening game with La. Tech, who Texas A&M bought out McNeese to play. After all of these musical chairs, it looks like McNeese is the one without a chair.

Doc

Lehigh Football Nation
February 8th, 2012, 11:35 PM
The good news is that McNeese can fill an open date on 9/1 or 10/6, not too bad as open dates go.

The bad news is that the Pokes already have McMurry as a home game, and another sub-D-I would be a bitter pill to swallow.

McNeese72
February 9th, 2012, 07:29 AM

We were trying to get a game with ULL since Southern backed out of a verbal agreement with them but, reportedly, one of their "higher ups" (President or Head Coach) said "no way" and nixed the deal. Sounds like the Head Coach, imo.

The talk is that Lamar might end up in Lafayette because they lost their opening game with La. Tech, who Texas A&M bought out McNeese to play. After all of these musical chairs, it looks like McNeese is the one without a chair.

Doc

Looks like my source was wrong. He was thinking the buyout fee was the same as the game guarantee but it was less at $200K.

Doc

McNeese72
February 9th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Ok, and the latest word was that the contract with ULL was written up and ready for signatures, but ULL's Head Coach nixed it saying that he wasn't playing McNeese. We are stuck with $200K in our hand but no game to play.

Sucks,
Doc

darell1976
February 9th, 2012, 07:33 AM
The good news is that McNeese can fill an open date on 9/1 or 10/6, not too bad as open dates go.

The bad news is that the Pokes already have McMurry as a home game, and another sub-D-I would be a bitter pill to swallow.

UND plays SD Mines (NAIA)..UND fans are crying out for that game to be replaced. It would be great to have McNeese St. on the slate.

Hambone
February 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM
UND plays SD Mines (NAIA)..UND fans are crying out for that game to be replaced. It would be great to have McNeese St. on the slate.

Agree with Darrell. Would love to get a home/home with McNeese.

Jiggs
February 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM

Speculation is that Samford will be at Gardner-Webb on 9/15.

TheRevSFA
February 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM

Doc

Lamar to get spanked by USL on Sept 1. I would have loved to see a McNeese-USL match..hell I would have driven out to watch it.

bjtheflamesfan
February 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Have your AD get in touch with Liberty's AD. We have one more game to fill in and Im sure they would be willing to talk

Ok, and the latest word was that the contract with ULL was written up and ready for signatures, but ULL's Head Coach nixed it saying that he wasn't playing McNeese. We are stuck with $200K in our hand but no game to play.

Sucks,
Doc

Lehigh Football Nation
February 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Liberty/McNeese or UND/McNeese? I like what I hear! xthumbsupx

hebmskebm
February 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Here's a couple from the MEAC

Bethune-Cookman http://b-cuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/beth-m-footbl-sched.html

Norfolk State http://www.nsuspartans.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&schedule=71&

South Carolina State http://www.scsuathletics.com/news/2012/2/8/FB_0208125107.aspx

Of note is SC State playing Texas A&M on 9/22, at least it says so in the press release

hebmskebm
February 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
And here's a couple from the Southland

Lamar http://www.kfdm.com/articles/highlight-47007-lamar-schedule.html

Nicholls State http://geauxcolonels.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Northwestern State http://www.nsudemons.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

A lot of these announcements flying under the radar around here because so many OOC games are against FBS or sub-D1!

hebmskebm
February 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Case in point: Here's Northern Arizona http://www.nauathletics.com/sports/fball/2012-13/schedule

whitey
February 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Now that the Big Sky has 12 teams it might be a good idea for some of these schools to schedule "Out of Conference" games with each other to drop these D2s off their schedule. CAA schools have done this from time to time.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Here's a couple from the MEAC

Bethune-Cookman http://b-cuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/beth-m-footbl-sched.html

Norfolk State http://www.nsuspartans.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&schedule=71&

South Carolina State http://www.scsuathletics.com/news/2012/2/8/FB_0208125107.aspx

Of note is SC State playing Texas A&M on 9/22, at least it says so in the press release

Add Bethune-Cookman to the teams with an open date on 9/1 that McNeese State could be considering.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.goleathernecks.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12000&ATCLID=205377711

Finally, I can get rid of that Hampton/WIU game I knew wouldn't be played. :P

Lehigh Football Nation
February 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.goleathernecks.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12000&ATCLID=205377711

Finally, I can get rid of that Hampton/WIU game I knew wouldn't be played. :P

bojeta
February 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Now that the Big Sky has 12 teams it might be a good idea for some of these schools to schedule "Out of Conference" games with each other to drop these D2s off their schedule. CAA schools have done this from time to time.

There are actually 13 teams in the Big Sky and the Inter-conference OOC games have already been scheduled. I believe nearly every team has scheduled two OOC games from within the conference membership.

Breakdown:
Each team will play 8 conference games
Most will play one OOC games within membership
Most will play one FBS team
Most will play one FCS OOC game

FOLLOW-UP: Difficult to remember 13 teams X 11 games. Just went to Conference site and copied the schedule. Tried to post the pic, but it's not view-able. Looks like 6 teams still have a DII on the schedule and a few have two FBS teams on their schedule:
Here's the link to the CSN page with the Big Sky Schedules:
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?469-Big-Sky-Conference-2012-Football-Schedule

CrazyCat
February 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM
It is the same as it has been. 8 conference games and 3 O.O.C.

All Big Sky teams will continue to play eight conference games with four at home and four on the road. Each
team will have two “rivals” it will play each season. Over the course of the four years, each Big Sky team will
play each other a minimum of two times.

You are correct in that you can schedule a team from within the conference, not on your conference schedule, as an O.O.C. game. Actually, in theory a school could play an all Big Sky schedule.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
And here's a couple from the Southland

Lamar http://www.kfdm.com/articles/highlight-47007-lamar-schedule.html

Nicholls State http://geauxcolonels.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Northwestern State http://www.nsudemons.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

A lot of these announcements flying under the radar around here because so many OOC games are against FBS or sub-D1!

What is up with Lamar's schedule? They list 11 games, and don't include McNeese at the end, though the head coach refers to the game in the release.

If I had to guess I'd say that they're dropping the 9/22 game against Langston, but geez, what a messed-up release.

TheRevSFA
February 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
What is up with Lamar's schedule? They list 11 games, and don't include McNeese at the end, though the head coach refers to the game in the release.

If I had to guess I'd say that they're dropping the 9/22 game against Langston, but geez, what a messed-up release.

Because they are playing at Hawaii they get 12 games. They have McNeese on November 17th. It's "Rivalry Week" in the SLC

Also let's not forget they called Lousiana-Lafayette a "FCS" school in the release. That's your quality Beaumont reporting.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Because they are playing at Hawaii they get 12 games. They have McNeese on November 17th. It's "Rivalry Week" in the SLC

Also let's not forget they called Lousiana-Lafayette a "FCS" school in the release. That's your quality Beaumont reporting.

Ohhhh yeah, thanks for reminding me of that! I forgot about that quirk. Not that the release reminded me.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks to what's now known about the Southland, I can figure out the final Southland conference game is 11/3 (SeLa vs. SHSU).

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/southland-sched

The final piece of the puzzle are four teams with one open date apiece:

Central Arkansas (9/15 or 11/10)
McNeese State (9/1 or 10/6)
Sam Houston State (9/1 or 11/17)
Southeastern Louisiana (10/6 or 10/20)

TheRevSFA
February 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Rumor has it Sam Houston is going to play Texas A&M on November 17th for a 650k payout...

BEAR
February 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks to what's now known about the Southland, I can figure out the final Southland conference game is 11/3 (SeLa vs. SHSU).

UCA is supposed to announce a game for Sept. 15th. No one knows what it is. I wish I knew what teams, at all levels from NAIA to FBS, had openings.

blackbeard
February 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Bryant is up: http://bryantbulldogs.com/sports/fball/2012-13/schedule

OOC with Marist, Maine and Bucknell

Hambone
February 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
UCA is supposed to announce a game for Sept. 15th. No one knows what it is. I wish I knew what teams, at all levels from NAIA to FBS, had openings.

I know NDSU has 9/15 open as is looking for another game. However, they want it to be a home game and UCA already bought out a trip to UND for this year, so not sure it would happen as I'd assume they are looking for a home game as well.

McNeese72
February 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM

Rumor is that McNeese has filled its schedule with a game with a team in Tennessee. Not at liberty to say which team, yet.

Doc

McNeese72
February 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Deleted because I got a double post for some stupid reason.