PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderlic Test

TexasTerror
February 26th, 2006, 06:36 PM
According to Charlie Wonderlic, Jr, who is the president of Wonderlic, Inc, a score of 10 is the lowest score in which a person can be considered literate.

Vince Young scored a six...thereby he's got to be illiterate. I took a sample of the test and went eight of nine in a minute.

Try it out here...

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

Or for another version (haven't tried this one out yet)...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

What'd some of our I-AA players score? Any clue?

February 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
...Vince Young scored a six...thereby he's got to be illiterate...Who's Vince Young?

TexasTerror
February 26th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Who's Vince Young?

Hey now Ralph, you know I'm a big Texans fan and I don't want us drafting Vince Young. This gives me reason to avoid the conversation...

Though, I must admit, I want the Texans to find some I-AA players that can make a difference ala Jerome Mathis of Hampton. Heard of him? :)

GeauxLions94
February 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Who's Vince Young?

The Barrick Nealy of I-AA

February 26th, 2006, 07:42 PM
The Barrick Nealy of I-AAOh, I know Barrick of I-AA but Young has got to work more to become the best known QB in Texas. He should talk to Nealy on how to do that. Of course I bet Barrick didn't do that badly on the 'Lic.

GeauxLions94
February 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM
According to Charlie Wonderlic, Jr, who is the president of Wonderlic, Inc, a score of 10 is the lowest score in which a person can be considered literate.

Vince Young scored a six...thereby he's got to be illiterate. I took a sample of the test and went eight of nine in a minute.

Try it out here...

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

Or for another version (haven't tried this one out yet)...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

What'd some of our I-AA players score? Any clue?

I got 8 out of 9 ... According to this, I'm smarter than Griese, Bledsoe, Young, Elway. But they make more $$$ than me, so I guess smart doesn't count.

Grizo406
February 26th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I went 8 for 9 too. I want a football and more money.

February 26th, 2006, 08:01 PM
What question did you folks miss?

MR. CHICKEN
February 26th, 2006, 08:15 PM
"WHEN WILL D-IA....GET DUH PLAY-OFF SYSTEM"?.......:confused:....AWK!

OR........WAS IT..............

"WHO'S YER DADDY"?.............:confused:.............BRAWK!

BlackSaturday
February 26th, 2006, 08:18 PM
9/9! And now back to studying...

MR. CHICKEN
February 26th, 2006, 08:24 PM
9/9! And now back to studying...

WEST VIRGINNY......."WHERE EVERYTHIN' IS RELATIVE"..........BAWK!

wannabegaucho
February 26th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I scored 7 out of 9. I won't make excuses, it was pathetic.

On the ESPN test, I scored 13 out of 15 because I skipped the two problems that would take the most time.

Tod
February 26th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I scored 9/9, with about 3 seconds left. Whew! :)

blackfordpu
February 26th, 2006, 09:02 PM
7/9 on the first one.

Grizo406
February 26th, 2006, 09:30 PM
What question did you folks miss?

I missed the daylight/darkness one.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 26th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I just heard the guy scoring the test screwed up Young's results. He gave him credit for a 6/50 score but i guess that's incorrect. How could you screw up how many right the guy has? The NFL will supposively have the correct results tomorrow. Maybe Young's agent threw someone some cash so his client wouldn't look like he had the IQ of a 3rd grader.

Cocky
February 26th, 2006, 10:01 PM
9/9 but I'm too short and fat to get paid.

LeopardFan04
February 26th, 2006, 10:15 PM
9/9 here...any NFL team need a slow, small O-Lineman?!?

Pard4Life
February 26th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Seriously, what is the point of asking 'what is the ninth month of the year'? How efficently one can pencil in a bubble?

ESPN included a list of profesionals compared to football players... I wonder where lawyers stand?

Offensive tackles: 26
Centers: 25
Quarterbacks: 24
Guards: 23
Tight Ends: 22
Safeties: 19
Middle linebackers: 19
Cornerbacks: 18
Wide receivers: 17
Fullbacks: 17
Halfbacks: 16

The average scores in other professions look like this:

Chemist: 31
Programmer: 29
Newswriter: 26
Sales: 24
Bank teller: 22
Clerical Worker: 21
Security Guard: 17
Warehouse: 15

Scored a 9/9.. I really sweated through the month question..

Cocky
February 27th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I like seeing the big uglys getting recognize for their smarts.

blur2005
February 27th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I got 8 of 9...I missed the shapes question. When I looked back at that and saw what the right answer was, I felt really stupid. But I always have been bad at questions involving shapes, so oh well.

AppGuy04
February 27th, 2006, 10:22 AM
9/9 here, did you really expect Vince to get a better score?

bobcatfan06
February 27th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Vince retook the test and got an official 16. Looks like he is qualified to work in a warehouse.

God that boy is an idiot. This just shows how big time college athletes don't earn their grades. If he scores a 16 on this test (a 10 is considered literate) how the hell did he go 3 years at UT. I think we have the next Ryan Leaf on our hands. I hope VY is the biggest bust the NFL has ever seen.

TexasTerror
February 27th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Poor VY, he got a 16 instead of six...

The NFL combine did a first and came out to testify that VY did not get a low score. Lots of the NFL writers and such could not believe it, but word spread quickly and lots of NFL execs were writing off the reports. We jumped too quick...

gokats85
February 27th, 2006, 04:31 PM
8/9; I'm goin' to Indy! :D :D

GeauxLions94
February 28th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Alright, enough of the Wonderlic Test. I WANT to see the results of the Wonder Bra test used for the NFL cheerleaders?

Mr. C
March 3rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
Before the 1996 draft, Keyshawn Johnson (the eventual No. 1 pick) scored a 12, which was the lowest score of anyone that tested that year. Matt Stevens of Appalachian State (who was an honor student and an All-American cornerback) had the highest score (if I remember right, it was a 45). Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick score a 48 on the test last year?

Cocky
March 3rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
I thought the Harvard guy got a 50.

JohnStOnge
March 4th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I am fascinated by IQ tests and how scores are associated with measures of success, demographics, etc. But...

Y'all might remember Herstein and Murray's The Bell Curve from 1994. It certainly didn't earn them the lable of "egalitarian." In that book they hypothesized, among other things, that IQ is correlated with success...moreso than educational attainment is...and that racial differences in IQ scores probably cannot be entirely accounted for by environmental differences. They basically opined that efforts to equalize things aren't going to work because innate differences in populations are largely based on genetics.

So they weren't real popular.

Yet even they wrote,
Measures of intelligence have reliable statistical relationships with important social phenomena, but they are a limited tool for deciding what to make of any given individual.

Good thing too because I only got 5 right on the first pass. Only comfort I can take is that when I went back I could see why I was wrong on the ones I missed. Like, for instance, I didn't see the decimal point on the .33. My excuse is that they should've written decimals with the leading zero (0.33) so old people with declining eyesight wouldn't screw up!

JohnStOnge
March 4th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Ok. That's better. I clicked on a link that showed at the top of the Wonderlic test that said "Real On line IQ test" and went here: http://giqtest.com/html/giqtestStart.html

I got IQ 141. It cost 10 bucks for the results but it was worth it to get my self esteem back!

GOKATS
March 4th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Does anyone have a link to the final results from the combine? I heard Travis Lulay scored 37, but I can't confirm it.

Thanks

Coastal89
March 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I had to take the Wonderlic test once. It was require by a company before they hired anyone. It has 50 questions and a 12 minute time limit, I answered 48 correctly.

JohnStOnge
March 5th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I had to take the Wonderlic test once. It was require by a company before they hired anyone. It has 50 questions and a 12 minute time limit, I answered 48 correctly.

Just curious...did you have a means of seeing how much time had elapsed as you went along?

Coastal89
March 5th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Just curious...did you have a means of seeing how much time had elapsed as you went along?
no

SLO_LIFE
March 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
God that boy is an idiot. This just shows how big time college athletes don't earn their grades. If he scores a 16 on this test (a 10 is considered literate) how the hell did he go 3 years at UT. I think we have the next Ryan Leaf on our hands. I hope VY is the biggest bust the NFL has ever seen.

Ease up, man. You should hope Vince does very well in the NFL. He's paving Barrick's way.

AUCATAMOUNT
March 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
8/9 I feel like an idiot I missed the one with the locations. I understand why all the fuss, its not about how smart you are, but how well you handle the pressure and making simple, yet common sense judgements.

lucchesicourt
March 8th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I have a question about D1A academic standards. Supposedly, D1A has stricter standards than D2. However, I question that. Probably, because I am basing it on my knowledge of my school (D2 UC Davis), where academics were a priority over athletics. It would seem to me, if someone cannot answer some simple questions (come on, the 9th month of the year, diving fractions by 2, etc.) how can they answer more complex college questions. I have believed for years that the larger athletic universities (who emphasize athletics over academics) make it easier for athletes to stay qualified. I may be wrong, but there was a former NFL player (not sure of his name, it was a while ago) who filed a lawsuit against his former university, because he did not receive a decent education. His reasoning was that the amount of the time he was required to participate in football activities hindered his education. And now you are seeing poor wunderlic scores that make me question was VJ really passsing college exams, and was academically elgible.

catbob
March 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Lulay did indeed score a 37 on the Wonderlic... think that will improve his draft chances?

http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm