PDA

View Full Version : A BCS What if...

hebmskebm
January 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hey, I'm looking to get some opinions on this one.

What if, next year, at the end of the regular season/conf. championships in FBS...

Every school from an AQ FBS conference (plus Notre Dame) finishes with two or more losses.

Two schools from non-AQ FBS conferences finish undefeated.

Would the BCS find a way to exclude one or even both of the non-AQ schools from the NC game?

SonuvaHenx2
January 13th, 2011, 09:46 PM

What if, next year, at the end of the regular season/conf. championships in FBS...

Every school from an AQ FBS conference (plus Notre Dame) finishes with two or more losses.

Would the BCS find a way to exclude one or even both of the non-AQ schools from the NC game?

The SEC Champ, with 2 losses, would likely be chosen ahead of one or both of the undefeateds. Because why have a money-hoarding system if the money isn't going to the big boys?

TheValleyRaider
January 13th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Well, it would depend on who the 2 unbeatens are

Boise and TCU are both in the Mountain West next year, so they're guaranteed to meet (rumor is last week of the season...in JerryWorld) and one will lose

Outside of those two, it's hard to see an unbeaten from the other non-BCS conferences being ranked high enough to warrent inclusion into the top of the polls.

Maybe Nevada out of the WAC, but without Boise on their schedule, it'd be tough. C-USA, MAC or Sun Belt? Yeah, I don't think so...

PaladinFan
January 14th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Yes, but it depends on the facts.

IMO, if you have a Non-AQ school that is undefeated and has beaten a handful of ranked teams easily, I think you have an argument. Most years, though, the AQ school, despite their two losses, has played and beaten more higher ranked opponents. The question then remains as to whether the AQ's two losses (which may have been close ones against top 10 teams) are more impressive than the two extra wins by the Non-AQ. Most of the time they, from an objective stance, arent.