PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Playoffs thread

UMass922
January 8th, 2011, 05:49 PM
The Seahawks are giving the Saints all they can handle. Now up 14 in the 3rd . . .

TheValleyRaider
January 8th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Seahawks now up 41-30, they're almost certain to win this one xeekx

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 07:34 PM
WHO DAT!? SEA DAT!? SEE DEM SEAHAWKS BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!!! xlolx

superman7515
January 8th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Waiting to here someone say the reason the Seahawks were 7-9 isn't because they're a bad team, but because the NFC West is such a difficult conference that 7-9 was the best anyone could hope for there this season, haha. How about that stiff-arm by Marshawn Lynch? GET UP OFF ME!

PaladinFan
January 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Waiting to here someone say the reason the Seahawks were 7-9 isn't because they're a bad team, but because the NFC West is such a difficult conference that 7-9 was the best anyone could hope for there this season, haha. How about that stiff-arm by Marshawn Lynch? GET UP OFF ME!

Seattle was a bad team. You aren't 7-9 in a pathetic conference and qualify as "good." Tampa had more wins and finished third in the NFC South. There's maybe been no worse compilation of teams in NFL history than the current NFC West. It's a laughing stock. Granted, any given day a team can show up and win. Just over the course of the season Seattle was pretty weak.

Seattle may head to the Suprebowl and we'll all look like fools, but I think a road game in Atlanta or Chicago just has blowout written all over it. Its one thing to play a banged up team on a cross country trip at your place. Quite another to go play healthy teams in tough road venues.

UMass922
January 8th, 2011, 11:10 PM
That was a Tecmo Bowl run by Lynch. Hittin' the 'A' button furiously, breakin' those tackles. xlolx

UMass922
January 8th, 2011, 11:12 PM
WHO DAT!? SEA DAT!? SEE DEM SEAHAWKS BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!!! xlolx

Been a pretty good weekend for you guys, hasn't it. xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
January 9th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Seattle was a bad team. You aren't 7-9 in a pathetic conference and qualify as "good." Tampa had more wins and finished third in the NFC South. There's maybe been no worse compilation of teams in NFL history than the current NFC West. It's a laughing stock. Granted, any given day a team can show up and win. Just over the course of the season Seattle was pretty weak.

Seattle may head to the Suprebowl and we'll all look like fools, but I think a road game in Atlanta or Chicago just has blowout written all over it. Its one thing to play a banged up team on a cross country trip at your place. Quite another to go play healthy teams in tough road venues.

Kind of like how we beat the Bears in week 5 at Soldier Field? xcoffeex

It's not like Seattle wasn't banged up either... I mean, we've started 10 different combinations on the O-line this year. A superior Saints team should be able to beat us, no matter where the game's played.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 9th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Been a pretty good weekend for you guys, hasn't it. xthumbsupx

Damn good weekend! :D

PaladinFan
January 9th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Kind of like how we beat the Bears in week 5 at Soldier Field? xcoffeex

It's not like Seattle wasn't banged up either... I mean, we've started 10 different combinations on the O-line this year. A superior Saints team should be able to beat us, no matter where the game's played.

Any given saturday. This late in the season everyone is banged up. If Seattle was good, they wouldn't have a losing record. Their losses were mostly blowouts.

I'm happy they played well. I can't stand NO quite frankly. My only point is that if Seattle was NFC-champion good, they wouldn't have lost 9 times.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Any given saturday. This late in the season everyone is banged up. If Seattle was good, they wouldn't have a losing record. Their losses were mostly blowouts.

I'm happy they played well. I can't stand NO quite frankly. My only point is that if Seattle was NFC-champion good, they wouldn't have lost 9 times.

I never said they were NFC Champion good. But they were NFC West Champion good (not saying much), which is good enough to make the post-season where everyone is 0-0, which is all that matters to me. We were a good team yesterday and beat a good team yesterday. It is what it is.

PaladinFan
January 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I never said they were NFC Champion good. But they were NFC West Champion good (not saying much), which is good enough to make the post-season where everyone is 0-0, which is all that matters to me. We were a good team yesterday and beat a good team yesterday. It is what it is.

That I can agree with.

Gil Dobie
January 22nd, 2011, 07:18 AM
Go Pack!

Da Bears Still Suck :)

TheValleyRaider
January 23rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Packers going to Arlington

Dull game turned very interesting at the end. Rodgers and that defense should be able to provide a good game against either the Jets or Steelers

From a neutral's perspective, it's probably better if Cutler was hurt and potentially out. No disrepect to Caleb Hanie, but you want to be sure you'll see the #1 QB in there. Not saying he would have been out, but it's nice to not think about it...

TheValleyRaider
January 23rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Packers - Steelers

Jerrah is loving this one xlolx